Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Intermission: Miscellaneous Chat (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   If you could choose how you would die... (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=64403)

CringeFest 07-22-21 12:38 PM

If you could choose how you would die...

One of the things that watching movies has done to me is it has stimulated by creativity in terms of thinking about how I would die. If I could choose, i would be killed by a 1,000 foot tidal wave like in Deep Impact. I woudl stand on the beach and watch it engulf me.

What about you?

Chypmunk 07-22-21 12:43 PM

Re: If you could choose how you would die...

Being made sweet passionate love to by Kim Ok-vin.
Preferably not right at the very beginning though :D

CringeFest 07-22-21 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Chypmunk (Post 2222734)

Like in basic instinct? Nice.

Flicker 07-22-21 12:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Originally Posted by Chypmunk (Post 2222734)

ynwtf 07-22-21 01:01 PM

Can't top Chyp's post, but I've always thought being sucked up in a tornado would be a pretty intense way to go. I mean, the experience of it, assuming that I could remain calm and aware, would be indescribable. Flying? Spinning chaotically? Crap flying everywhere!? Then, smack into something and lights out. I can't even imagine what that sensation would be like, so I guess this is more of a morbid curiosity. I've wondered this maybe since junior high. I used to briefly want to be a storm chaser. Then I watched that crapfest that was Twister.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dQgjrrEeHA

CringeFest 07-26-21 01:48 AM

damn, well i guess people don't really like to think about how they are going to die.

Loner 07-26-21 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by Flicker (Post 2222740)
Yes, having Famke Janssen squeeze you to death with her thighs.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-XZX5IHsQN2...00/004oopp.jpg

Really though, If you could choose how you would die, it would be the pink stuff. Animal owners know what I mean.

Flicker 07-26-21 07:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Originally Posted by CringeFest (Post 2223601)
damn, well i guess people don't really like to think about how they are going to die.
In fact I voted for the 'saw' thing, even though these films aren't even on my to-watch list. I could just as well elaborate a bit.

I'm a freaky christian protestant atheist kind of thing, meaning, prone to guilt trips and panic responsibility attacks (the cube is us, the cube is us), also morbidly allergic to injustice. So, no matter what happens to me, no matter how I die, my only relief would be to understand how and why I'd deserve what is happening. To relieve the outrage at the terrifyingly indifferent randomness of life. To be able to go "okay, fair enough". I wish, some stuff, some times, in life, to please be "fair enough" once in a while if that isn't too much to ask.

But there's no one to ask.

I guess, I don't even look for meaning anymore, I just regret its absence. It would be nice to have a bit of it at that quite significant moment, and feel some peace and agreement about that at least.

Kay Burton 07-26-21 07:17 AM

It would be interesting to see something amazing before death. As in "Knockin 'on Heaven."

xSookieStackhouse 07-26-21 08:48 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/29LbPl...dN65/giphy.gif

Flicker 07-26-21 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by xSookieStackhouse (Post 2223626)
xSookieStackhouse wishes to die perplexed.

Luckily, it's the most common way.

xSookieStackhouse 07-26-21 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Flicker (Post 2223628)
xSookieStackhouse wishes to die perplexed.

Luckily, it's the most common way.
true

ScarletLion 07-26-21 09:01 AM

Peacefully somehow, and pain free. Basically as long as it's not the way the guy dies in Bone Tomahawk, I'm fine with it.

cricket 07-26-21 10:02 AM

Out of the options given I'd take propeller blade. Otherwise I may go with disintegration by laser.

ynwtf 07-26-21 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker (Post 2223622)
In fact I voted for the 'saw' thing, even though these films aren't even on my to-watch list. I could just as well elaborate a bit.

I'm a freaky christian protestant atheist kind of thing, meaning, prone to guilt trips and panic responsibility attacks (the cube is us, the cube is us), also morbidly allergic to injustice. So, no matter what happens to me, no matter how I die, my only relief would be to understand how and why I'd deserve what is happening. To relieve the outrage at the terrifyingly indifferent randomness of life. To be able to go "okay, fair enough". I wish, some stuff, some times, in life, to please be "fair enough" once in a while if that isn't too much to ask.

But there's no one to ask.

I guess, I don't even look for meaning anymore, I just regret its absence. It would be nice to have a bit of it at that quite significant moment, and feel some peace and agreement about that at least.
Quoted because I enjoyed reading that.

*edit*
I'd like to follow-up on that but no time ATM. Likely, I will forget in the next hour or two and only remember my intent later this week. By then, though, this moment will have passed and I will feel too disconnected to this moment to make the effort for a reply (assuming the world or either of us still exist by then). Just know that I at least thought about it! :) Seriously though, I did enjoy reading that.

Stirchley 07-26-21 02:11 PM

Yikes, cheerful topic.

doubledenim 07-26-21 02:19 PM

🍩 ☠️ AcuteDoughnutIntoxication ☠️ 🍩

Mesmerized 07-26-21 02:38 PM

I hope to die happy.

Flicker 07-26-21 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Stirchley (Post 2223711)
Yikes, cheerful topic.
These topics freak me out since the Witches of Eastwick discussion with Van Horne

WARNING: spoilers below
and how he uses the data.

. :shifty:

Stirchley 07-26-21 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker (Post 2223801)
These topics freak me out since the Witches of Eastwick discussion with Van Horne

WARNING: spoilers below
and how he uses the data.

. :shifty:
No clue what you mean.