Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Forums Site Stuff (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   MoFo Fantasy Football 2018 - The Regular Season (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=57823)

rauldc14 10-22-18 05:00 PM

Re: MoFo Fantasy Football 2018 - The Regular Season

I'll definitely still do baseball (if I'm still allowed) but I this is my last season in the football one. Just hard for me to stay focused in this league when I'm admittedly more focused in on my 2 money leagues. Plus I always forget about these drafts for whatever reason (which yes, is my fault, but just saying) so I put myself in a huge hole that's impossible to climb out of year in year out

Captain Spaulding 10-23-18 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1962011)
Looking to move a receiver for an RB.
I'm shocked that you've managed to get to 6-1 with the RBs on your roster. Even more so when you take into consideration that you were without Wentz/Alshon early in the season. Although I guess having had the second fewest points scored against you certainly helps.

Lady Luck has not been kind to me this season. I think I have the most talented roster I've had in our league; I finally drafted well instead of having to build my team through waivers; I've eclipsed 100 points every week; yet I'm sitting at 3-4 right now after that SOB Odell caught a TD at the very end of the game last night. Frustrating. I've had even worse luck in the league I do with my friends every year, starting 0-6 this season. (:eek:) Points-wise, I'm in the middle of pack, but before this past weekend, the FEWEST points anyone had scored against me was 122, and the scoring settings are the same as in our Movie Forums league (except passing TDs = 4 points). Ridiculous. I've started choosing my opponents' players in daily fantasy just because I know they're bound to go off.

Yoda 10-23-18 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Spaulding (Post 1962395)
I'm shocked that you've managed to get to 6-1 with the RBs on your roster. Even more so when you take into consideration that you were without Wentz/Alshon early in the season. Although I guess having had the second fewest points scored against you certainly helps.
Yeah, I don't deserve to be 6-1. Maybe 4-3 or something. The points against are definitely part of it, though a chunk of that was "wasted," because the three lowest scores I faced all came in weeks where I had 30-40 point margins anyway. Basically, I've just put up solid but unspectacular totals (under 107 points just once) and only ran into an opponent having a huge week way back in week 1.

The RB thing is definitely rough, though half the teams in the league are weak there. Kind of amazing how, over the last couple of years, if you have a stud RB you're basically in the playoffs. A few years ago I think we all figured there'd be 2-3 valuable backs per team and the position might even become so stratified that it'd make sense to try "Running Backs" on a per-team basis, like Defenses (still think this might be a cool idea at some point). Instead, that happened with most teams, but the advantage for the owners that have the rare elite workhorse back is massive. But there are only a few of them, so a couple of weak-backed teams are going to sneak in.

Anyway, I figured not going 1-2 or 0-3 without the two Eagles was all I needed to have a shot, and somehow I went 2-1. I also think that the top TE tier is kind of similar to that to RB tier I just described, and that whoever owns Kelce or Ertz in a given league is basically offsetting one of those sketchy RB slots by themselves.

Originally Posted by Captain Spaulding (Post 1962395)
Lady Luck has not been kind to me this season. I think I have the most talented roster I've had in our league; I finally drafted well instead of having to build my team through waivers; I've eclipsed 100 points every week; yet I'm sitting at 3-4 right now after that SOB Odell caught a TD at the very end of the game last night. Frustrating. I've had even worse luck in the league I do with my friends every year, starting 0-6 this season. (:eek:) Points-wise, I'm in the middle of pack, but before this past weekend, the FEWEST points anyone had scored against me was 122, and the scoring settings are exactly the same as in our Movie Forums league. Ridiculous. I've started choosing my opponents' players in daily fantasy just because I know they're bound to go off.
Yeah, it's not the fairest game in the world, for sure. One of the reasons I like Rotisserie in baseball as opposed to H2H.

Yoda 10-23-18 04:22 PM

Alas, I could have had one of those elite backs, but after the tippy top guys I decided I'd rather go with Brown in half-PPR. Time will tell if that was the right choice. Might not matter if I just end up swapping him for one of them anyway. :laugh: Would certainly make sense given how well Sanders and Jeffrey are doing.

Velvet 10-23-18 04:23 PM

todd gurley is auto win

Yoda 10-23-18 04:29 PM

Has been so far, yeah, if you have even a half-decent lineup around him. Might be like that year where everyone who had Devonta Freeman won, though that was arguably bigger because he went so much later in drafts.

Nabbing Gurley at #23 last season was one of my proudest FF moments, simply because most of the time you sorta stumble into a breakout year like that, because you're just trying to maximize the likelihood of it happening without a clear idea of which guy it might be, but in that particular instance I had him the year before, thought about his situation a lot, and went after him very deliberately, and it worked out even better than I'd hoped.

Powdered Water 10-24-18 12:21 PM

I got an F this week. Thanks. I had no idea my team wasn't any good last week.

Yoda 10-28-18 06:38 PM

Well, that luck we talked about boomeranged pretty quick. This week looked like an easy win with Adam trotting out like three borderline waiver guys, but they've substantially overachieved and Watson had maybe the game of his life on Thursday. :eek:

Powdered Water 10-29-18 02:32 PM

That feeling you get when your team blows up just a little bit more than the big bad you were facing. Whee!

rauldc14 10-29-18 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1963663)
Well, that luck we talked about boomeranged pretty quick. This week looked like an easy win with Adam trotting out like three borderline waiver guys, but they've substantially overachieved and Watson had maybe the game of his life on Thursday. :eek:
He topped over 50 fantasy points at least once last year, maybe twice. Still yeah a huge game

Yoda 10-30-18 12:28 PM

Ah yes, I forgot he had a few crazy ones.

Anyway, after eight weeks, the top teams are 6-2 and the ones in last are 2-6. Just four games is a pretty crazily small spread from first to last! Really messy, dog pile of a year so far.

Powdered Water 10-30-18 01:39 PM

Right? That's why I got salty when Yahoo is handing out stupid "grades" after I won a few weeks back. There is one thing about fantasy that mirrors real football and that's win total. That, is the only number that matters. Most years it takes 8 or 9 wins just to get in to the playoffs. To me it makes no difference how you get to 8 or 9 wins. So, handing out negative reviews of a win just seems asinine to me. It's all about the win total Yahoo. Or do you guys even know how to play fantasy?

Yoda 10-30-18 01:46 PM

I guess it makes more sense if you see them as grading your performance as a manager, as distinct from your results, since there's no skill involved in happening to play an opponent with a high or low total in a given week.

The points do come into play a lot in tiebreakers, too. Usually around the postseason cutoff, but almost always with seeding, too.

I think the idea of grading at all is what's asinine, since the points themselves are the grade. Oooo, I got an A. No kidding, I scored 145 points. Oooo, I got an F? After scoring 60? Youdontsay. I guess that's a bad total, then.

Yoda 10-30-18 01:49 PM

The win cutoff thing is bang-on, BTW. Since we switched to six playoff teams, no 8-win team has ever missed the playoffs. A few times it was possible based on tiebreakers, but it hasn't happened yet.

7 wins is sketchy. We also had exactly one 6-7 playoff team (in 2012).

Yoda 10-30-18 02:30 PM

Crimey, D. Thomas goes to Houston. As a Sanders owner, I'm pretty happy with that, though maybe he follows him out the door in the next couple of hours.

Way more high-profile trades this season than, like, the last decade combined, yeah?

Powdered Water 10-30-18 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1964178)
I guess it makes more sense if you see them as grading your performance as a manager, as distinct from your results, since there's no skill involved in happening to play an opponent with a high or low total in a given week.

The points do come into play a lot in tiebreakers, too. Usually around the postseason cutoff, but almost always with seeding, too.

I think the idea of grading at all is what's asinine, since the points themselves are the grade. Oooo, I got an A. No kidding, I scored 145 points. Oooo, I got an F? After scoring 60? Youdontsay. I guess that's a bad total, then.

Maybe I'm just getting sensitive in my older age. All the negativity in the US today, it just feels unnecessary to me that they have to take the time to be negative in a fantasy football article. But that's the crux of this quandary we seem to find ourselves in today. I'd rather be negative and sh*tty to a complete stranger online than just simply saying something constructive or maybe even say something positive. Gah! No way.

Powdered Water 10-30-18 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1964186)
Crimey, D. Thomas goes to Houston. As a Sanders owner, I'm pretty happy with that, though maybe he follows him out the door in the next couple of hours.

Way more high-profile trades this season than, like, the last decade combined, yeah?

Pretty sure there's been a few decades where the NFL didn't even have a trade during the season. Crazy.

Yoda 10-30-18 02:36 PM

Oh, the grading is super stupid, don't get me wrong. :laugh: You're totally right about that. I don't mind the emphasis on points rather than outcome, but that just makes the grade (ahem) pointless, since we already know what scores are good or bad and it's not like we can't convert a number into a letter into our head. So either they're giving us a grade that tells us nothing, or they're grading us based partially on something we can't even control. Dumb either way.

Yoda 11-05-18 01:25 PM

LOL I've had three different backs benched while scoring 20+ points this year.

IF I EVER FIGURE OUT HOW TO PLAY RUNNING BACK ROULETTE YOU'RE ALL IN BIG TROUBLE

jiraffejustin 11-05-18 09:47 PM

The only thing I've been good at this year is picking a good defense most weeks.

Yoda 11-06-18 09:10 PM

That thing where you pick a QB for the bye week and then realize you should probably play him again the next week.

rauldc14 11-06-18 09:12 PM

Go Nick Mullens!

Powdered Water 11-11-18 12:52 PM

Looks like my guys are healthy this week. Now, if they can all make it through a whole game.

Yoda 11-11-18 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1965607)
LOL I've had three different backs benched while scoring 20+ points this year.
Okay so now this number is four.

Powdered Water 11-11-18 08:55 PM

Yeah, what was the deal with Buffalo today?

Yoda 11-11-18 11:09 PM

:shrug: I mean, I guess I shouldn't complain about all four of my RBs topping double digits, but statistically I think I have to start guessing right soon.

Also, what's the deal with BOTH YOUR BACKS PUTTING UP SEASON HIGHS. COME ON.

TONGO 11-18-18 11:06 AM

Hello everybody :) miss talking ball with everyone. Every time I do any smack talking or trash-talking I lose so I've decided that I will never smack or trash talk again for the rest of my life. Aside from all that I'm really hoping to beat the number one seed this week Mr Bean but have some tough matchups, other than Sammy Watkins though my team is actually more healthy than it's ever been. To make the playoffs I think I'll have to win every game for the rest of the season. Five losses makes my chances are very slim of pulling this off. Curious how well I would have done if my team had stayed healthy throughout the whole year but I don't I think that's a possibility for anyone. Though it seems there's more injuries in baseball than in football. Only decision I regret so far this season is dropping the Houston Texans, after I dropped them of course that's when they bloomed. If Major League Baseball or the NFL ever figure it out that what happens in the games all depends on what decisions I make on my fantasy team theyd put me on TV ;) hope everyone's well and I'll try and check into the fantasy sports threads more often now.

Yoda 11-18-18 04:01 PM

Five losses is usually fine. In fact, nobody who's gone 8-5 has ever missed the playoffs under this league size/makeup. Only exception is the first year, when only four teams made it (and we had 12 total).

A significant number (eyeballing, seems close to half) of 7-6 teams make it, too.

7thson 11-18-18 04:33 PM

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate the Jags.

Everytime they play the Steelers they go off be it D or offense.

They are forever known to me now as the Jag offs.

Yoda 11-18-18 05:45 PM

Spoke a little soon. Steelers pulled it out, somehow.

7thson 11-19-18 01:58 AM

Yeah it was nice comeback, they are still the Jag offs though. :)

TONGO 11-19-18 01:14 PM

Me and Petey's matchup ended up being the toilet bowl. I don't think either one of us scored so low other than when I had MP3 rostered when he ended up being out for a game. He still has a wide receiver for Kansas City and their defense playing tonight = GO RAMS!

TONGO 11-19-18 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 1968693)
Me and Petey's matchup ended up being the toilet bowl. I don't think either one of us scored so low other than when I had MP3 rostered when he ended up being out for a game. He still has a wide receiver for Kansas City and their defense playing tonight = GO RAMS!
Er, I misspoke. Cooks plays for LA. groan

TONGO 11-20-18 01:07 AM

LA 54 KC 51, it almost looks like a score from a basketball game. Highest scoring game in Monday Night Football history. Why the Rams would not give the ball to Gurley when they were ahead to chew time off the clock, I have no idea, but they won. And I barely beat Beantown, whew! Great great game.

Loner 11-20-18 02:24 AM

First off I don't play fantasy football, but I'm thinking, cha-ching!, if you picked anybody on either offense.

Who's up besides TONGO East-coast?

As a more than slightly biased Rams fan, I think that was the greatest regular season game ever.

Captain Spaulding 11-22-18 01:44 AM

Kudos to @jiraffejustin for the amazing turnaround this season. After starting 0-5, he's now rattled off 6 straight wins.

A ridiculous amount of parity this season. Only two weeks left to go and nobody has clinched a playoff berth. That's unusual, isn't it?

jiraffejustin 11-22-18 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Spaulding (Post 1969441)
Kudos to @jiraffejustin for the amazing turnaround this season. After starting 0-5, he's now rattled off 6 straight wins.
You know, that all comes from believing in one another. We knew people were talking outside of this locker room, but none of that stuff matters to us, you know, it just motivates us even more. We knew we were better than our record after week five. We just kept working, kept grinding, we knew eventually things were going to turn around. It's all about believing in one another and trusting each other.

Yoda 11-22-18 12:50 PM

I have a dim memory of someone, like seven years ago, starting really bad and reeling off a bunch in a row. I'll have to check the ol' record books. It's definitely one of the biggest turnarounds we've seen.

Yoda 11-22-18 12:50 PM

Also, +1 billion points for any roleplaying that treats a fantasy football team like a real team. I love that stuff.

TONGO 11-22-18 08:46 PM

I couldn't even fathom what my players would be saying about the coaching.

TONGO 11-24-18 09:40 AM

I think the Clown's are going to whip my tuchus this week. MG3 sounds like he may sit this and my substitute is the mighty Frank Gore. What's worse is theyre saying it's a knee problem, and that's more dangerous than groin or hammie. One time this season I almost renamed my team groins and hammies. Strange, but it would be a better name than strong and healthys :/

TONGO 11-25-18 07:07 AM

Am I wrong but there seemed to be more trades during the season this year? Golden Tates value dropped like a rock going to Philly. A position I couldn't afford to take a hit in with my low-ceiling WRs.

jiraffejustin 11-25-18 07:58 AM

Yeah, it seems like offensive skill players of note were a little more active on the trading block this season. Demaryius Thomas, who hasn't been great this year anyway, to Houston was a thing. Amari Cooper to Dallas. Carlos Hyde losing all value on his way to Jacksonville, but Nick Chubb says thank you. Josh Gordon to the Pats. Did I miss any?

Yoda 11-25-18 06:46 PM

7thson gets a passing TD from his kicker. :laugh:

TONGO 11-26-18 05:19 PM

Ok, only need 26 points from my kicker tonight and I got this one in the bag.

:(

7thson 11-26-18 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1970269)
7thson gets a passing TD from his kicker. :laugh:

and he kicked the XP too :).

That was an awesome play even though they lost,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfO5Q_gWsBk

Yoda 11-27-18 10:52 AM

Welp, three straight losses, and suddenly I'm on the playoff bubble. Because two of the teams just above me play each other, it's still win-and-I'm-in, but that's a rough position to be in after starting 7-2. I'm a little surprised none of my backs have turned into reliable options, though it's just as much that when each of them has gone off, I've guessed wrong and had them on the bench. Think I'm like 1-for-5 on those guesses, and this last week it cost me the win (lost by < 3 points).

Also, unless I romp in this last game, this'll be the first year in league history I haven't had the top score in any week. :eek:

Speaking of which, congrats to Adam for throwing up 175.10. That's the eighth highest in league history.

TONGO 11-27-18 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1970699)
Welp, three straight losses, and suddenly I'm on the playoff bubble. Because two of the teams just above me play each other, it's still win-and-I'm-in, but that's a rough position to be in after starting 7-2. I'm a little surprised none of my backs have turned into reliable options, though it's just as much that when each of them has gone off, I've guessed wrong and had them on the bench. Think I'm like 1-for-5 on those guesses, and this last week it cost me the win (lost by < 3 points).

Also, unless I romp in this last game, this'll be the first year in league history I haven't had the top score in any week. :eek:

Speaking of which, congrats to Adam for throwing up 175.10. That's the eighth highest in league history.
Couple of hopefully easy questions if you dont mind - With 6 losses now does that mean my playoff chances are gone?
Also, I scored over 200 one time this season, where does that place?

Yoda 11-27-18 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 1970717)
Couple of hopefully easy questions if you dont mind - With 6 losses now does that mean my playoff chances are gone?
Technically no, but functionally, yeah. You need like three teams to lose and you need to outscore PW by like 60, I think.

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 1970717)
Also, I scored over 200 one time this season, where does that place?
You were on pace to top 200, but you finished at 196. Which is actually more impressive given settings differences. I posted about it at the time:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1957524)
Update: he did not break 200, but if you adjust to full PPR (which was what we had in 2009 when PW set the record), TONGO's score is, in fact, higher. :eek: So, adjusted for settings, that's probably the best week in league history.

Crazier still: he got zero from Sammy Watkins (not hurt, just one target, no catches) and somehow still put up that insane total. He could've had another 12 from Frank Gore, who was on the bench.

Other than Watkins he had six skill players (RB/WR/TE), and all of them scored over 20 points. He only got 7 from his defense, too! That's pretty average, but it's really weird to see a total this high without the defense scoring a couple defensive TDs and throwing up 20 themselves, nevermind combined with a goose egg at another position.

Wild stuff.

TONGO 11-27-18 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1954982)
Cripes, TONGO's probably gonna become just the second team in league history to break 200. And I'm pretty sure the only other one did it while we had full PPR!
Nevermind I just saw this post. Sigh! I was loving life that week lol

TONGO 11-27-18 01:11 PM

Oops, I was too slow, thank you Yodes ;)

TONGO 11-27-18 01:21 PM

I've started choosing my opponents' players in daily fantasy just because I know they're bound to go off.
Spaulding this idea is complete genius.

TONGO 11-27-18 01:46 PM

Week 13 and Yahoo projects me having a 33% chance to win. That sucks a bunch.

MG3 gets an MCL sprain and they say its entirely possible he misses the remainder of the season. Cry.

Maaaaaybe I can still get by with Dalvin Cook, whose back, and my miracle pick from the draft Tarik Cohen.

Powdered Water 11-27-18 02:15 PM

Geez man... Just got Doyle back and now he's gone for the rest of the year. Marvin Jones too. I love the reporting on this stuff. He gets hurt and supposedly had a chance to play this week but after Sunday they just IR him with absolutely no warning. Love that.

TONGO 11-28-18 10:47 AM

Professor Tinker is done. Picked up Chris Conley and Lagarrett Blount. If Sammy Watkins doesn't play Chris Conley has much more upside than Golden Tate, A-Rob, or Sterling Shepard. The same with Kerryon Johnson. As the Lions substitute RB, Blount did pretty damn good on Thanksgiving Day. Otherwise I think my low-ceiling WRs are worse than taking a chance on someone from the waivers.

7thson 11-28-18 10:10 PM

It had been a fun year even though I am highly disappointed on how my team fleshed out. Would love to get another win under my belt - hopefully I will put up a respectable score.

TONGO 11-29-18 05:20 PM

...And Now for Something Completely Different...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FVJE47TKtsI

My favorite line in the video "That one's toting the line there a little bit"

Yoda 11-29-18 06:53 PM

Well, week's about to start. Didn't get around to writing a super detailed playoff scenario post this year, but it's less necessary than usual. The main three things to watch:
1) My matchup, since from what I can tell it's a clear: "win and you're in, lose and you're out" situation.
2) Spaulding and PW's matchup. Winner's safe, loser's still safe...if I lose.
3) jiraffe's matchup over TONGO. TONGO's point total is probably too low, but jiraffe can still sneak in with a win and a little help.
PW and I are the ones who most need our wins, because we're lower in points than most of the other teams involved. Spaulding and Josh (Iron City Chuggars) are much better positioned to lose and make it in anyway.

TONGO 11-30-18 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1971340)
Jiraffe's matchup over TONGO. TONGO's point total is probably too low, but jiraffe can still sneak in with a win and a little help.
If I win, do you know who has to lose for me to get in, and how many points I'd need?

Yoda 11-30-18 09:33 AM

Yeah, I posted that last week I believe. PW and like sixty, I think it was.

Yoda 11-30-18 11:11 AM

Dallas shutting down the Saints' offense (and with it, Michael Thomas) really helps my chances. I've got mostly good matchups and 7th has some tough ones, so I'm feeling pretty optimistic about making the playoffs. I might be limping in a bit, but I don't need too much to go right to make a run: just need Philly to straighten something out (since that helps Wentz and Jeffrey simultaneously), and maybe just one of those backs to have a couple of good games. And McCoy's schedule the next few weeks makes him a prime candidate.

Been a wild season. Hope it lasts a bit longer.

Captain Spaulding 12-01-18 05:02 PM

I keep thinking back to week two when I dropped Mason Crosby for Jake Elliot shortly before kickoff for no damn reason. Elliot scored 3. Crosby scored 19. I lost by 2. To make matters worse, it was against The Empire, who sits one game above me in the standings. If I miss the playoffs, it'll be because of that one dumb move when I tweaked my roster just for the sake of tweaking it.

Feel a little better about my chances after Thursday. Zeke outscored his projections and I didn't make the mistake of starting Ingram, which I had flirted with doing up until kickoff. Going up against @Powdered Water, though, who just put up 151 points last week, and he has some good match-ups again this week. Perhaps more importantly, Iron City Chuggars is off to a poor start. We currently have the same record and I've scored less than 6 points than him on the season, so he could leapfrog me in the standings. Right now that's looking unlikely, but things changes in a hurry.

I'll be really disappointed if I miss the playoffs (which will be a first for me in this league), since I think this is the best team I've had in our league. This has been an extremely competitive season. Regardless of what happens this weekend, some really good teams are going to find themselves in the consolation bracket. Crossing my fingers that Censored Clowns isn't one of them.

jiraffejustin 12-01-18 07:21 PM

So looking at the playoff situation, I need some things to happen for me to get in:

1. I have to win
2. At least two of the 7-5 teams have to lose
3. And I have to score more points than those two teams on the season (I think that's how it works, right?)

So it looks like I need Russell Wilson's War and 11 Angry Men to lose, as they are the two teams I've scored more than. It doesn't look great for me, but I guess stranger things have happened.

TONGO 12-01-18 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Spaulding (Post 1971802)
I keep thinking back to week two when I dropped Mason Crosby for Jake Elliot shortly before kickoff for no damn reason. Elliot scored 3. Crosby scored 19. I lost by 2. To make matters worse, it was against The Empire, who sits one game above me in the standings. If I miss the playoffs, it'll be because of that one dumb move when I tweaked my roster just for the sake of tweaking it.

Feel a little better about my chances after Thursday. Zeke outscored his projections and I didn't make the mistake of starting Ingram, which I had flirted with doing up until kickoff. Going up against @Powdered Water, though, who just put up 151 points last week, and he has some good match-ups again this week. Perhaps more importantly, Iron City Chuggars is off to a poor start. We currently have the same record and I've scored less than 6 points than him on the season, so he could leapfrog me in the standings. Right now that's looking unlikely, but things changes in a hurry.

I'll be really disappointed if I miss the playoffs (which will be a first for me in this league), since I think this is the best team I've had in our league. This has been an extremely competitive season. Regardless of what happens this weekend, some really good teams are going to find themselves in the consolation bracket. Crossing my fingers that Censored Clowns isn't one of them.
When you drafted in the middle of the pack I was doing some roster comparisons, I noticed how you ended up solid at every position and haven't been hit with the injury bug like most of us have. In my honest opinion you actually might be the team to beat.

For me to get in I've got to win, outscore PW by 60, plus he has to lose to you. I must be stupid because I feel optimistic :)

From a fantasy sports perspective It all started when Le'Veon Bell decided not to play football. Since that buggering of imbalancement in every fantasy football league worldwide there seems to be more injuries than I've ever seen before, and then they like rocked rosters to the bad with these dumbassed trades. Has any player done better since being traded to one of these new teams, any? This season feels like the sequel to The Year of Living Dangerously.

Yours was the roster that wasn't affected by Bell, injuries, or trades. So yeah, I got my eye on you mister ;)

TONGO 12-02-18 12:44 PM

Ok I'm nervous now. Starting to second guess slotting in Chris Conley (Sammy Watkins replacement) over A-Rob, S Shepherd, or Tate. I chose Conley and Adam Humphries because KC and TB possess the best offenses in the NFL. Deciding to replace them with WRs from Chicago, a guy new to Philly, and the NY Giants seems unwise. Right now I'm psyching myself up to not tinker whatsoever.

Powdered Water 12-02-18 01:34 PM

Can't believe this is almost over already. What a close league this is as always. Gonna be pretty busy today so I will check back in after the dust settles.

Yoda 12-02-18 03:58 PM

Man, PW and Spaulding really slugging it out, and in a matchup that might determine a playoff spot for both teams.

jiraffejustin 12-02-18 05:03 PM

The help I'm needing from the other teams isn't coming through just yet, but their QBs haven't played yet. I'm going to need Philip Rivers and Tom Brady to go off. Plz.

Captain Spaulding 12-02-18 05:24 PM

Doesn't look like I'll be getting the W, but I don't think it's going to cost me a playoff spot. Sucks to see 15 pts from Baltimore's defense on my bench. Sucks even more to see a doughnut from Vinatieri. Those damn kickers, man.

TONGO 12-02-18 05:29 PM

Andrew Luck gets completely shut down by the Jacksonville Jaguars and LeGarrette Blount went full Troll-mode gaining less than seven points.

Combined my kicker & defense score 35, Tarik Cohen has almost 30 pts and his game is going into overtime. Might still have a chance to beat Justin, but I don't feel confident it's going to be 60 more points than PW. Tough season.

Yoda 12-02-18 07:30 PM

Looks like I didn't need Kelce to be an absolute monster to survive, but he has been, so I'm in. EDIT: a little less so, pretty sure they're about to take back his third TD.

Mostly just gives me a chance to have the highest score for the first time this year, but TONGO and jiraffe are both projected around the same, against each other! Wow.

Yoda 12-02-18 08:23 PM

PW and Spaulding have both slowed considerably, but it's mostly been in lock-step. PW was starting to pull away, though...until Seattle returned an interception for a TD. Now Spaulding's projection is just slightly higher. It was dead even (within a point), but as I typed this Cousins through a meaningless INT on the last play of the game.

Still a lot of football left. Those last couple of spots are far from decided.

Captain Spaulding 12-02-18 08:27 PM

That pick six was huge for me. Then Cousins tossed an INT for PW. Maybe I get the win after all. I'm confident that Rivers outscores his projection tonight.

I was worried that The Empire was going to mess around and lose to Chuggars, but that's looking pretty unlikely now.

Yoda 12-02-18 08:28 PM

You must be losing your mind over there. :laugh:

TONGO 12-02-18 08:31 PM

Roughly needed 13 more points to make the playoffs. Didn't.

damn

TONGO 12-02-18 08:35 PM

It does actually make me feel better when an optimal lineup wouldn't have made a difference.

jiraffejustin 12-02-18 08:40 PM

F*cking football, man. I hate it.

TONGO 12-02-18 08:40 PM

Sigh, damn. Was really hoping to squeak into the playoffs

Yoda 12-02-18 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 1972045)
Roughly needed 13 more points to make the playoffs. Didn't.

damn
I don't think so. As of now (though things can change), you have the same record as two other teams, which each have more than 40 points on you.

Yoda 12-02-18 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by jiraffejustin (Post 1972048)
F*cking football, man. I hate it.
It's pretty dumb/random sometimes.

Great season, though, clawing back and taking it down to the wire.

7thson 12-03-18 01:19 AM

We another piss poor weekend for my team. Not sure I would have done much different. I mean yeah hindsight I would have, but I was typically on par or ahead on most of my matchups this year as far as "stats" go. Usually within 5 to 10 points on either side of the total estimated points.

Steelers really blew that one tonight, awful officiating in a few clutch plays. They keep it up they wont even make the playoffs.

Powdered Water 12-03-18 01:24 PM

Was doing pretty well in the first half of games but not so much the second half of games. Oh well.

TONGO 12-03-18 06:21 PM

I'm starting to follow offseason news on Baseball now. It would have been cool to see what my team would have been if I had been allowed to draft first overall, can I get first overall pick in the Fantasy Baseball League? That way it'll even it all out :)

Yoda 12-05-18 03:46 PM

Think I was kind of an underdog already, but just heard Sanders probably tore his ACL in practice, and Martin might not play, either, as a possible replacement. Be very surprised if I can survive the first round.

Yoda 12-05-18 06:31 PM

Yep, he's done. And Crowell missed practice, too. Yikes.

I'm not going to congratulate Spaulding yet, but I'm close. :laugh:

Powdered Water 12-06-18 02:44 PM

I'll drop a couple guys on the down low if you let me win the fantasy Baseball thingy again.

TONGO 12-06-18 03:53 PM

I'll give you Melvin Gordon and Andrew Luck right now for the #1 FBB draft pick :)

Yoda 12-07-18 11:15 AM

Well, it would've been a pretty insane move on paper for Spaulding to start Henry, but if he had he'd already have won our matchups. Good grief, what got into that dude. You know there's a bunch of bubble playoff teams starting him out of RB desperation who get to cruise into the semis now.

Got 10 points out of TEN's defense (how appropriate), which is pretty good, but I think I'm enough of a dog this week that any slot in my lineup that doesn't bust out is probably bad news. But we'll see.

rauldc14 12-07-18 11:45 AM

Well,I gave it a good run. Ended on a 10 game losing streak, but if this is how I go out, so be it. Was fun playing all these years. But my Mofo Fantasy Football career has come to an end.

I'll still be in for baseball though no doubt!

Holden Pike 12-07-18 01:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)

In my league I finished the regular season in second place. Started out 3-3 but won the last seven heading into the playoffs.

I had the first position in our draft so I got Gurley. Christian McCaffrey and A.J. Green were my second and third picks.

Those two RBs have carried me nicely all season. I also picked up New England's James White off the waiver wire in Week Three and he has crushed it much more often than not. Had my two top receivers go down to the IR (A.J. Green and Will Fuller) but managed to trade for Tampa's Mike Evans a few weeks back. Plus I have Amari Cooper, who has been money since getting off the frippin' Raiders.

I traded away Phil Rivers to get Evans, which was a risk I felt I had to take at the time. Needed some kind of WR presence (mine is a full PPR league). Carson Wentz was my top QB in the draft, and you all know how inconsistent his season has been. Got Matt Ryan off the waiver wire middle of the year, so I am stuck hoping Ryan or Wentz has enough offense left in the tank to compliment my bad ass RBs.

I should win this first week of the playoffs, but if I do my path to the championship is gonna be tough going forward. But considering this is only the third team I have ever managed in fantasy and that first year I finished tenth out of ten, I'm doing OK.

Yoda 12-07-18 01:15 PM

Nicely done. Good to see you took the plunge.

There'll be an opening or two in this league next year, if you wanna give it a go. Ditto baseball, though that's a different animal in a lot of ways.

Powdered Water 12-07-18 02:26 PM

Fantasy Baseball is better-er. In my ever so humble opinion. I still think Holds would dig it. Phones are so good now; you don't have to carry your PC around in a backpack anymore to set your lineup. You can just use your handy dandy cellphone.

Yoda 12-07-18 02:27 PM

Yeah, I prefer baseball. Less random. I benefited a little from the randomness this year in football, but usually it's the other way around.

Originally Posted by Powdered Water (Post 1973031)
I still think Holds would dig it.
He's even a category!

Powdered Water 12-07-18 02:32 PM

Hehe... that's true.

Captain Spaulding 12-07-18 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1972978)
Well, it would've been a pretty insane move on paper for Spaulding to start Henry, but if he had he'd already have won our matchups. Good grief, what got into that dude. You know there's a bunch of bubble playoff teams starting him out of RB desperation who get to cruise into the semis now.
Yeah, that came out of nowhere. I honestly found the situation pretty amusing. (Apparently someone edited Wikipedia to show Henry as the owner of the Jaguars, which is hilarious.) Can't beat myself up over a line-up decision that was never even in question. I doubt there's any "expert" rankings that had Henry over my other guys this week. If I make the wrong decision in my flex (still haven't made up my mind if I'm starting Ingram/Miller there or Edelman), and I lose because of it, I'll be annoyed at myself, but nobody in the world would've predicted almost 50 pts. from Derrick freakin' Henry.

Trying to look on the bright side. If I get the win (which I think is a much bigger question mark than Yoda is making it out to be), I now have another useful RB to possibly plug into my lineup. Although it wouldn't surprise me if Henry follows up this monster game with his usual 4 fantasy points.

Yoda 12-07-18 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Spaulding (Post 1973057)
If I get the win (which I think is a much bigger question mark than Yoda is making it out to be)
Yeah, I mean, I wouldn't be shocked, there's just no serious argument that you're the favorite. That Rivers matchup is ridiculous and I'll be lucky if I can stay within a few points between our QBs. Losing Sanders, who had a great matchup, is huge, especially with Jeffrey suddenly having to fight for targets, and throw in the fact that all three of the backs I'd be slotting in his place battled injuries this week (and a couple have bad matchups, anyway).

It might happen, but a whole lot of things have to go right. Or I finally hit big in Running Back Roulette after somehow losing coin flip after coin flip all season.

:shrug:

TONGO 12-07-18 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1973000)
Ditto baseball, though that's a different animal in a lot of ways.
Already researching for the 2019 season and having a good time doing it. For whatever reason I can honestly say I enjoy fantasy baseball more than fantasy football. If I can keep on top of things the next 4 months then hopefully it'll break the pattern of coming in second to last for the past two seasons. I dont like that.

MovieBuffering 12-08-18 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 1973136)
Already researching for the 2019 season and having a good time doing it. For whatever reason I can honestly say I enjoy fantasy baseball more than fantasy football. If I can keep on top of things the next 4 months then hopefully it'll break the pattern of coming in second to last for the past two seasons. I dont like that.
Yuck. I tried fantasy basketball for a couple years and I played basketball all the way through college. Just can't stay invested in in other fantasy sports. Been in a fantasy league for 15 years. Last 10 years we have done a live destination draft. Use to have a website. Just something about the way football is set up and the once a week that just sets up for addictive fantasy game. Nothing tops football IMO. Lost last years final winning going into halftime of the last Monday night game on championship week. I had 2 players he had nobody. My players went backwards. Had Foles and Jeffery. I lost by half a point. Still never won the league 🤦😣

Yoda 12-09-18 02:17 PM

Brate with an early TD. Kind of a big deal, because TE is the area I have the biggest edge, and most of the guys he'd have been considering there are just "do they score a TD or not?" kind of plays. Bleh.

TONGO 12-09-18 02:20 PM

Even though my team has a bye week in the pretend playoffs I'm going to be comparing my score to all the other teams, so even though I missed the real playoffs, I might actually win the rotisserie playoffs :)