Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Reviews (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The fuze931 Current Top 100 List (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=31519)

fuze931 04-01-13 06:08 PM

The fuze931 Current Top 100 List

I have yet to truly embark on my cinematic journey. This list is more for me than you guys, but maybe it will give you a juvenile look into my tastes. It takes a lot of confidence for me to show this list, because.....well.....it is crap, so to speak. But it is MY crap, and I would like to one day look back at this list and be able to see the progression and growth in my movie watching adventure. Enjoy the ride, no matter how crappy it is, because it can only get better from the bottom. Thank you all, my friends. I am tremendously honored to share these forums with such kind people and hope you don't hurt my feelings too bad!

The Rodent 04-01-13 06:11 PM

Re: The fuze931 Current Top 100 List

Go for it Fuze!!

Forget what others say, I look forward to seeing your tastes :up:

fuze931 04-01-13 06:57 PM

The Faculty

Directed by Robert Rodriguez

Varsity Blues meets The Thing. The tension in this film is incredible. As you see the emotion drained from a small town in Ohio, you realize our friends are in over their heads. No species is safe, from mice to men. Who is a parasite and who isn't? Great soundtrack, likeable characters, a super stength Jon Stewart......and aliens. In my opinion, the special effects in this film were ahead of their time. The best scene in my opinion is when the queen, who I will not give up to people who have not seen this, is walking in the locker room with her naked human shell, but the shadows surrounding her are nothing but tentacles slashing through the air. I literally rewind it EVERY time I revisit this movie. Cheesy at times, slightly predictable, but fun, nonetheless. Robert Patrick steals the show every scene, and is completely creepy and terrifying. Comedy, action, twists, and Jon Stewart. Great film and a must grab for a dvd collection!

fuze931 04-01-13 06:58 PM

I will more than likely take this slow to make sure I have compiled correctly, so do not expect a rushed list. Thanks Rodent!

Miss Vicky 04-01-13 07:04 PM

Like I said previously, I'm more impressed with people who have a more unique and individual taste in movies. I get tired of seeing the same old movies pop up in list after list, so I think this should be interesting.

I can't really say much about your first choice. I vaguely remember seeing it during its theatrical run but I don't really remember much about it. I'm not big on horror in general. I think I saw it because a friend wanted to see it.

gandalf26 04-01-13 07:04 PM

Don't worry, it can't be crappier than Teeter G's top 50.

fuze931 04-01-13 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by gandalf26 (Post 891846)
You may be surprised, but if you dislike it, that is fine with me :) I am open to all opinions.

The Gunslinger45 04-01-13 07:19 PM

Oh just make it. Think of it as an exercise of before and after.

hapax_legomena 04-01-13 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by gandalf26 (Post 891846)
http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=31430

gandalf26 04-01-13 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by hapax_legomena (Post 891857)
I was thinking "nothing wrong with this list", and then I saw it.

honeykid 04-01-13 09:02 PM

I like The Faculty. So you're 1 for 1. :):up:

fuze931 04-01-13 11:29 PM

Happy Gilmore

Directed by Dennis Dugan

"Suck my white ass, ball!" This movie is downright hilarious. Actually, it was the first time I had ever seen an Adam Sandler movie. From the first moments of this movie, I knew I was in for a treat. The Bob Barker fight is one of the funniest things I have ever seen. This used to be my all time favorite comedy, but I had to change that within the past few years, of course. Christopher McDonald as the man everyone loves to hate was such a blast to watch. I have seen this movie countless numbers of times and each viewing gets funnier. I LOVED when he was standing in front of the guy about to tee off and didn't realize he was in the wrong. Pure gold. This is Sandler at his best. I have come to really despise his efforts as of late, although I do watch every single one of them, just in hopes that he returns to form. Either way, there was no way this was not sneaking in. Great flick to watch with friends.

Miss Vicky 04-02-13 12:02 AM

I HATE Adam Sandler and, save for Airheads, I have disliked every single movie of his I've seen.

fuze931 04-02-13 12:21 AM

To be honest, I have come to seriously dislike him. I can't say hate, but I do understand why people do. Airheads is an awesome movie! You just made me really want to see that again!

fuze931 04-02-13 12:59 AM

The Host

Directed by Joon-ho Bong

I am a sucker for a good creature flick. This movie shows a lot of emotion as well. The lengths this man will go to to save his daughter are breathtaking to me. This creature is massive! Great special effects, awesome cast, and intense atmosphere. This is defintely one of my favorite creature flicks. Also, it is beautifully shot and there are images of the creature chasing our protagonist in slow motion that have never quite left my mind. I really need to see this again. It has been on my must buy dvd list for a couple years now. If you have not had a chance to check this out, please do. You may not love it, but it is definitely worth a try.

Godoggo 04-02-13 01:07 AM

Nice start. I don't like Happy Gilmore,but the other two are fantastic.

fuze931 04-02-13 01:10 AM

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Directed by John Hughes

First and foremost, rest in peace John Candy. There truly is not much special about this movie besides the coincidental humour and the back and forth banter between Candy and Martin. This film, however, has a special place in my heart. I know how it feels to be alone on the holidays. Del Griffith never flat out told Neal that his wife had passed years ago. When you see the light finally hit Page, although you have expected it all along, it still stings my heart. Now, don't get me wrong. This movie is frickin' HILARIOUS. I love when the cop pulls them over. Comedy gold. Defintely a classic and a Thangsgiving must for my family!

fuze931 04-02-13 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Godoggo (Post 891959)
Nice start. I don't like Happy Gilmore,but the other two are fantastic.
Why, thank you, sir. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

fuze931 04-02-13 01:15 AM

Be back tomorrow with a few more!

Godoggo 04-02-13 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by fuze931 (Post 891961)
Why, thank you, ma'am. You are a gentlewoman and a scholar.
I fixed that for you. ;) Also love Planes, Traines and Automobiles. I'm starting to think this list isn't going to be crap at all.