Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies You Hate (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=11332)

uconjack 11-23-05 11:22 PM

Movies You Hate

I don't hate many movies, mainly because I try to avoid bad movies, but here are some that I have seen and hated.
Dukes of Hazzard
Mona Lisa Smile
Anger Management
Duplex
Along Came Polly
Head of State
Envy

Strummer521 11-24-05 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by uconjack
Duplex
Gotta agree with that. Nothing else comes immediately to mind but I don't know or want to know who could have possibly concieved that the concept of Duplex was that of a funny movie.

TheUsualSuspect 11-24-05 12:28 AM

3 Ninjas High Noon At Mega Mountain

Envy

House of the Dead

BELLY

GameOvais 11-26-05 08:28 PM

Lost In Translation has to be the MOST boring film I have ever seen, I hated it because it was the first and only film which I did not watch till the end. I have seen quite a few films recently, but that has to be the most dull piece of rubbish ever, it is not art is is crap.

Holden Pike 11-26-05 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by GameOvais
Lost In Translation has to be the MOST boring film I have ever seen, I hated it because it was the first and only film which I did not watch till the end. I have seen quite a few films recently, but that has to be the most dull piece of rubbish ever, it is not art is is crap.
Funny, I think many of those same things about The Green Mile, which is just a dank, stinking pile of garbage. Dull too, when the horrible acting from the supporting cast isn't annoying me, that is.

To each their own.

oscarwho 11-27-05 04:16 PM

Neverending story,napoleon are ****E

Pyro Tramp 11-28-05 01:33 PM

Along Came Polly sucked, need to think about others, as i tend to forget them

Sedai 11-28-05 02:25 PM

Batman and Robin - No explanation needed, I hope.

The Phantom of the Opera
- We had to turn this one off, which we haven't had to do in a LONG time. Alas, Shame on me for renting another Shumacher turd.

Armageddon
- MB, how I hate thee....

Psycho
- Remake - Booooooooo

Any film with a has-been Saturday Night Live comedian in it. Some examples:

Dirty Work
It's Pat
Deuce Bigalow:American Gigalo
Anchorman
Stuart Saves His Family
Black Sheep

Man, there are so MANY of these films, and they are all so bad....

ALL of Adam Sandler's films, save Punch Drunk Love
Tommy Boy
A Night at the Roxbury

and on and on and yawn.....

There are a few that actually came out ok, when a guy like Mike Myers was involved. He has actual comedic talent in some ways. Hmm, come to think of it, I haven't seen Austin Powers or Wayne's World in a really long time, so they might suck, and I just don't remember.

Caitlyn 11-28-05 02:35 PM

I really, really dislike:

Titanic and Gone With the Wind

Thursday Next 11-28-05 03:25 PM

I can think of plenty of films which I thought were over-hyped and over-rated, but films I actually hated....

Sex Lives of the Potato Men

Closer

The Hours (whoever it was that said Lost in Translation was boring needs to see the hours...)

uconjack 11-28-05 07:40 PM

The Hours is on my list of movies to see. Everyone else hate it too?

Tacitus 11-28-05 07:54 PM

Weird....

I've avoided quite a few of the films on people's lists as, deep down, I knew I'd hate them. ;)

Hate is a strong word, but just about right for Anchorman...

SamsoniteDelilah 11-28-05 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
I really, really dislike:

Titanic and Gone With the Wind
The only thing I've tried harder to like than Gone With The Wind is yogurt, and they both make me gag every time. I'm getting a little better with it... the film, that is.

Tacitus 11-28-05 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
The only thing I've tried harder to like than Gone With The Wind is yogurt, and they both make me gag every time. I'm getting a little better with it... the film, that is.
At least Gone With The Wind doesn't multiply at a furious rate if you place a spoonfull of it into a thermos flask with some warm milk - so be thankful!

SamsoniteDelilah 11-28-05 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tacitus
At least Gone With The Wind doesn't multiply at a furious rate if you place a spoonfull of it into a thermos flask with some warm milk - so be thankful!
You know... I really hadn't thought of it that way.

Tacitus 11-28-05 08:27 PM

You know... I really hadn't thought of it that way.
I might be wrong though, don't think it's ever been scientifically tested...

GWTW, he said trying to get back on topic, is a film I've never watched all the way through. Can't say I liked the fragments that I did see one little bit though.

SamsoniteDelilah 11-28-05 08:30 PM

I might be wrong though, don't think it's ever been scientifically tested...

GWTW, he said trying to get back on topic, is a film I've never watched all the way through. Can't say I liked the fragments that I did see one little bit though.
I only started liking it after I put my feminst glasses on. From that standpoint, it's a great story.

Tacitus 11-28-05 08:34 PM

I only started liking it after I put my feminst glasses on. From that standpoint, it's a great story.
You've got feminist glasses? There's a hundred gags there but I fear a lynching....

SamsoniteDelilah 11-28-05 08:37 PM

You've got feminist glasses? There's a hundred gags there but I fear a lynching....
Watch it, bub. ;)

MyRobotSuit 11-28-05 08:59 PM

Shrunken Heads 1994

http://www.horroria.com/i/nposters/01/58/15830-KR.jpg

Three kids try to clean up the gangs in their neighborhood only to get killed for their trouble. A voodoo doctor shrinks their heads and brings them back from the dead to become avengers of evil