Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Intermission: Miscellaneous Chat (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Cars and your gender (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=54044)

Larry 05-13-18 07:28 AM

In the tradition of our recent threads exploring gender issues....

My brother has just bought a Suzuki swift. I’ve held my tongue and will continue to hold it to his face. But I won’t hold my tongue here as I’m anonymous and he’s not a user. The car is, in my opinion, very feminine. Why? I generally think a lot of the smaller hatchbacks are. Why? Well I see a lot of women driving them...maybe the advertisements feature women...why else...I don’t know it’s a gut feeling.

Now do I feel the need to have a loud big muscle car to feel masculine due to some personal deficit....who knows lol. I don’t have that kind of car.... and I appreciate that a car to some is really getting from a to b. But! A Suzuki swift! You can get a small sedan. Like a Toyota Corolla sedan.

Strengths to him if he really doesn’t care but I don’t think that’s the case. I think he’ll regret his choice...again I won’t say a thing.

Do people feel this way about cars? Do they have a gender? How reflective are they of our identity?

Dani8 05-13-18 08:44 AM

I think cars are different things to different people, Larry. May I call you Larry, darling? I feel sure we knew each other at imdb. Is that a possibility, Larry?

I get what you mean, though. I see a lot of women in the bSwifts. I think they're attracted to a lot of power in a tiny package, much like the women who are attracted to the trumps and weinstein of the worlds. ;I mean how do those two women wake up to those... To those..

Well Harvey's wife doesn't wake up anywhere near the guy these days, and I feel pretty sure Melania has her own penthouse to wake to. She probably has the cabana boy locked in her walk in wardrobe. I, however, digress as usual. Pardon me.

For me I'm not so into cars. They're just an oversized shopping g trolley. The first thing I was asked when buying a car was 'What colour t would you like. Jaysus. I'm a womsn
So I get asked if I want,a pink freaking broom, meanwle Mr D gets asked for specs.i couldn't give an owls army two hoots about colour. Don't need to bother
Y silly head about such silly thing. Jud

long as it's not pink. A havesin chronic back pain in my backe. Of course it's in my Bach if it's chronic back pain. Derpez moi! Digressing again so...

My requirements are
wonderfully easy it is to apply mak
Everything to do with comfort, not how d it is to

I shall post now and edit later. My phone told me I'm. A moron. BRB when I stop behaving like one.

if you are the Larry from imdb I'm thinking of Mwah.

Larry 05-13-18 08:51 AM

Re: Cars and your gender

Lol no that’s not me haha. This was and is my only movie outlet.

As for your question...(may you call me Larry) seeing as my username is Larry...the answer is of course no. Please call me no.801.

Dani8 05-13-18 09:37 AM

Lol. Damn. I thought you were a buddy of mine that I invited here but lost contact with when the place closed down. He was good value and we argued like cats and dogshhh but always trregrouped

Dani8 05-13-18 09:40 AM

But we always regrouped for the next thread. My kinda Cyberpal - never took offense at differences of POV. As it should be.

cat_sidhe 05-13-18 03:18 PM

I don't have a car now but when I did, I was an Alfa Romeo girl. Love them.

Citizen Rules 05-13-18 03:23 PM

I have a BIG SUV:yup:

pahaK 05-13-18 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1899706)
I don't have a car but big black SUVs do look nice.

Larry 05-13-18 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1899706)
Oh great we have a suv driver here...lol just joking. See...depending on the colour that’s a gender neutral car imo. I’d drive one...but a small hatchback I couldn’t.

Dani8 05-14-18 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Larry (Post 1899638)

My brother has just bought a Suzuki swift. I’ve held my tongue and will continue to hold it to his face. But I won’t hold my tongue here as I’m anonymous and he’s not a user. The car is, in my opinion, very feminine. Why? I generally think a lot of the smaller hatchbacks are. Why? Well I see a lot of women driving them...maybe the advertisements feature women...why else...I don’t know it’s a gut feeling.

Now do I feel the need to have a loud big muscle car to feel masculine due to some personal deficit....who knows lol. I don’t have that kind of car.... and I appreciate that a car to some is really getting from a to b. But! A Suzuki swift! You can get a small sedan. Like a Toyota Corolla sedan.

Strengths to him if he really doesn’t care but I don’t think that’s the case. I think he’ll regret his choice...again I won’t say a thing.

Do people feel this way about cars? Do they have a gender? How reflective are they of our identity?
Larry dear Larry, you are yet to explain how your brother's car impacts on your day any more than the color of my car does. Why is this so? Are you afraid he will ask you to drive to the corner store in his car and embarrass you in front of your neighbours🐼🐾

Larry 05-14-18 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by Dani8 (Post 1899871)

Larry dear Larry, you are yet to explain how your brother's car impacts on your day any more than the color of my car does. Why is this so? Are you afraid he will ask you to drive to the corner store in his car and embarrass you in front of your neighbours🐼🐾
Haha please my name is no.801. I’m more upset that he bypassed asking me for help choosing a car and feel like he’s been pressured by his girlfriend to buy a car she wants when she last minute pulled out of a plan they had where they would share ownership and pay half. I had to speak to him about managing money, something he doesn’t seem to do well and was able to help him in that regard so he had enough to buy a car but he’s gone and bought a car which I think is a bit girly and I believe he was pressured by her. As he gets easily manipulated.

Now I appreciate you could turn this around and say..well of course he didnt want your help because you would have been judgemental regarding his car choice. Well...if he said to me with confidence and certainty that this was the type of car that he wanted I wouldn’t have a problem...just that’s not the way I see the situation. Plus I can’t stand his girlfriend.

I guess I’m just complaining about him more than anything. He moved out 2 weeks ago after living together for 5 plus years which was a relief but I’m also sad about it....surprisingly.

Kind regards,

Number 801

Dani8 05-14-18 03:01 AM

Hey now you're speaking my lingo, muchacho. I totally get that one and the only teensy thing I could complain about is 'girly' and same thing as you, I don't know why but feels good to say "hey I have an issue" and know that amongst friends that won't turn into a time waster and energy vacuum. Thank you, Larry. I've always enjoyed your posts. My baby bro calls me girly and it's sweet so just by talking to you I let that one go. And it looks like you've released some stuff just by having a vent and throwing it out there as well.

What a beautiful day.

OH by the way, my friend, my car is silver. Tell me what you think that says about me. And don't forget Mr. D. His car is also silver. We like to color Co ordinate shush now. I know that's cheesy but our cars make us happy.

Larry 05-14-18 03:09 AM

Lol. Silvers good. I’m pretty sure white is the safest colour so silvers close to that so it’s good.

Dani8 05-14-18 04:10 AM

My Ole papa used to say his yellow chariot was the safest and you know what, I've been looking out side eye for years to check it out but I just have not seen bright yellow. For that very reason I want one now. Why is it so. Such a happy color yet here in Aus the last few years it seems you can only get institutional white, Rev Rev Rev-head red, or stately silver. Who comes up with these color schemes.

I thought it thru with a cuppatea and a biccie, mand you're right, the swift, any color, is girly! If that offends anyone, OK.

Let us carry on, Larry.

gandalf26 05-14-18 10:47 AM

Don't get me started about Suzuki ****ing swifts. I've taken to personally calling them Suzuki Old ****s! Several times a week I get stuck behind some dribbling fossil doing considerably less than the speed limit.

It's the irony of it all, they are literally named "swift" but are driven so slowly. It's almost too much to bear.

Yea if your brother has bought a *********** Suzuki swift then he is a twat.

Citizen Rules 05-14-18 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Larry (Post 1899842)
Oh great we have a suv driver here...lol just joking. See...depending on the colour that’s a gender neutral car imo. I’d drive one...but a small hatchback I couldn’t.
It's silver, which I really like. When the wife and I went shopping for the suv, I refused to buy a white, black or red vehicle. I drove the salesman nutty as everytime he would show us something I wouldn't like the color. I didn't want anything to flashy, I like more sedate colors.

Larry 05-14-18 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1899968)
Originally Posted by Larry (Post 1899842)
It's silver, which I really like. When the wife and I went shopping for the suv, I refused to buy a white, black or red vehicle. I drove the salesman nutty as everytime he would show us something I wouldn't like the color. I didn't want anything to flashy, I like more sedate colors.
Yea that’s cool. I mean if it was bright pink then I could say it’s a bit feminine..obviously it’s not. I too wouldn’t have a problem with someone..anyone driving a bright pink car but I’d still consider it feminine just like I consider those mini hatchbacks feminine,

Larry 05-14-18 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by gandalf26 (Post 1899949)

Don't get me started about Suzuki ****ing swifts. I've taken to personally calling them Suzuki Old ****s! Several times a week I get stuck behind some dribbling fossil doing considerably less than the speed limit.

It's the irony of it all, they are literally named "swift" but are driven so slowly. It's almost too much to bear.

Haha....he may regret it. He had a choice of any car...well within a budget...this is also his first car and he got that...ffs.

Dani8 05-14-18 06:33 PM

LMAO. I must be one of those dribbling old ****s who drives below the speed limit. What a twat. I'm bald as well. Next I will move to the UK with my bald brother and put a fish sticker on my car. *vroom vroom.

Top o' TE mornin to all of yer

Tallyho

Marlon Brando 05-14-18 06:42 PM

My last truck was white and ugly, and that sorta describes me.

Larry 05-14-18 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Dani8 (Post 1900122)

LMAO. I must be one of those dribbling old ****s who drives below the speed limit. What a twat. I'm bald as well. Next I will move to the UK with my bald brother and put a fish sticker on my car. *vroom vroom.

Top o' TE mornin to all of yer

Tallyho
Lol if you’re one of those drivers who takes 5 minutes to turn down a street...you know those ones who turn off down a street but pretty much go a snails pace when doing so then I’m blocking you haha.

Stirchley 05-14-18 06:53 PM

@Larry, this thread is no more about cars & gender than it is about vegetarians & vegans.

Your brother has moved out & you miss him. To add insult to injury, he then buys a car without asking for your input. He buys this car with his own money, but, for some reason, you feel the choice of car should have been yours. You feel guilty about blaming your brother for all this so you blame his girlfriend instead. You can’t stand her & probably feel your brother should have asked for your advice before getting involved with this woman. I suggest you back off & let your bro live his own life with or without his girlfriend. The more you crowd people, especially siblings, the more they pull away.

Dani8 05-14-18 06:55 PM

Gee someone must be on a spree. Those posts are deleted. Curious.

Dani8 05-14-18 06:57 PM

Lol Larry. Don't block me don't block me.

Great thread!

ETA I only take 4 MI utes to turn a corner

Larry 05-14-18 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Stirchley (Post 1900132)
@Larry, this thread is no more about cars & gender than it is about vegetarians & vegans.

Your brother has moved out & you miss him. To add insult to injury, he then buys a car without asking for your input. He buys this car with his own money, but, for some reason, you feel the choice of car should have been yours. You feel guilty about blaming your brother for all this so you blame his girlfriend instead. You can’t stand her & probably feel your brother should have asked for your advice before getting involved with this woman. I suggest you back off & let your bro live his own life with or without his girlfriend. The more you crowd people, especially siblings, the more they pull away.
Listen, some of this rings true. Definitely. It’s been very difficult living with my brother the last few years. There’s been a number of issues. Relieved that’s he’s now moved out but...regardless of the issues I miss him.

The purpose of this post was really to hear what people thought of those small hatchback cars. Ideally....people would share the same thought as me. I think of them more catered to females. Does that mean there less than a car or lesser in value....no. Just like lipstick is traditionally a female product.

So...if people did generally agree with me saying that these cars are traditionally a female type of car. I could bag on my brother privately...behind his back. Saying...see everyone (mofo people small sample but I could still say everyone lol) thinks they are a chicks car.

But alas we have strong and fair opinionated people here and it hasn’t been that simple. Now I can no longer say...everyone thinks that’s a chicks car...I can only say “I think it’s a chicks car”. Because honestly I still do. Which is fine if he’s fine with it. But I feel it was a poor decision and a pressured decision. But that’s an assumption. Time will tell I guess.

Dani8 05-14-18 08:30 PM

My late bro had a swift, larry. Highly regarded and highly successful professional. I just remembered he had one. I don't think the lamp post he wrapped it around at high speed gave 2poops about the gender, or color, or even what type of shoes the driver was wearing. Poor lamp post.

Maybe the women in Saudi about to be driving after all these years of lessons by men who don't want them to drive will buy Swifts. Might solve a few topical issues.

Larry 05-14-18 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Dani8 (Post 1900192)
My late bro had a swift, larry. Highly regarded and highly successful professional. I just remembered he had one. I don't think the lamp post he wrapped it around at high speed gave 2poops about the gender, or color, or even what type of shoes the driver was wearing. Poor lamp post.

Maybe the women in Saudi about to be driving after all these years of lessons by men who don't want them to drive will buy Swifts. Might solve a few topical issues.
Sorry to hear that Dani...about your brother. This topics not really a big deal at all. Just wanted to see if people shared the same view in regards to certain car types and gender. But in the end, it doesn’t matter. I mean...if you’re happy, confident etc who cares what someone says about what you drive.

Larry 05-14-18 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Marlon Brando (Post 1900125)
My last truck was white and ugly, and that sorta describes me.
I saw the truck more as ruggedly handsome. Lol.

Dani8 05-15-18 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by Larry (Post 1900196)
Originally Posted by Dani8 (Post 1900192)

Sorry to hear that Dani...about your brother. This topics not really a big deal at all. Just wanted to see if people shared the same view in regards to certain car types and gender. But in the end, it doesn’t matter. I mean...if you’re happy, confident etc who cares what someone says about what you drive.
OH don't worry Larry. I was having fun reminiscing. I didn't mean to make you feel bad.

Stirchley 09-16-20 02:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Damn, saw some dude driving this identical car the other day. Fabulous. 1969.

John McClane 09-16-20 03:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
All cars are girls. This is established fact. Carry on. ;)

"Hello, my name is Esmeralda. Be gentle."

"My name is Jennifer: Esmeralda, eat your heart out!"

Stirchley 09-16-20 03:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
No way is this vintage Rolls a “girl”. :)

John McClane 09-16-20 03:22 PM

@Stirchley: You've never met a butch before? :p ;)

Stirchley 09-16-20 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by John McClane (Post 2125120)
@Stirchley: You've never met a butch before? :p ;)
Actually I have. My local Animal Control officer for one. :)

xSookieStackhouse 09-17-20 06:02 AM

Female :) and loves mustangs and lamborghinis :love:
https://img.jamesedition.com/listing...1040x620xc.jpg
https://cdn.filestackcontent.com/res...xwQHej9WUVU23K

Stirchley 09-21-20 01:47 PM

Amusing to see elderly men in Connecticut driving around in their blood-red sports cars with the top down.

WrinkledMind 09-21-20 02:32 PM

I don't own a car, but I hate SUVs. If I have a free pick, then I would prefer the VW Beetle. Small, cute and can zip through traffic.

But, alas, it's more expensive than an average care here in India. It's worth 4 times the price of a high end SUV.

EddieM 09-30-20 02:07 PM

It is a tradition to call cars, boats and planes as 'she' in English. Although I still don't know why. For me personally a car of course has a gender. But different model or even color matters. So at 2020 honda hr v I saw the models that can be both genders. So what about you guys? What do you drive?

Stirchley 09-30-20 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by EddieM (Post 2128281)
What do you drive?
I don’t know how to drive so I don’t drive anything.

EddieM 10-09-20 06:32 AM

Well if you are in London, it is difficult to driver there. But if to go outside the country or drive in the U.S. or other places this can really be a problem.

WrinkledMind 10-23-20 03:01 AM

I have fallen in love.
(I have already watched this video several times).

https://youtu.be/ChqM3zqTREQ

Sir Toose 10-31-20 07:21 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Dodge actually marketed a car they badged as "La Femme" in 1955-56. As far as I know it's the only time a manufacturer ever tried it (at least in America).

I had an opportunity to buy one a few years ago. I almost did it, but then I'd have had to restore it to factory spec (best as possible anyway) and I'd end up with a car I wouldn't want to drive. Should have bought it anyway, they are exceedingly rare.

Stirchley 11-02-20 03:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
⬆️ LOL. Because of course every woman back then wanted a pink car. Not.

It’s almost like they’re not even discussing a car. More like a new couture outfit!

Stirchley 11-16-20 05:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Saw a guy downtown driving a Mercedes like this today. From the seventies, I think. Beautiful car.

Sir Toose 11-17-20 04:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Originally Posted by Stirchley (Post 2141635)
Saw a guy downtown driving a Mercedes like this today. From the seventies, I think. Beautiful car.

Looks like Norma’s Mercedes in Bates Motel ‘72 280 SEL

skizzerflake 11-17-20 06:38 PM

I have an impulse, probably originating from my testicles, to have a fast car. That said, I live and mostly drive in the city where speeds are low and speed cameras abound. Anything with speeds over 50 is rare and most of it is under 40. When the light turns green, I have to throttle down the Prius to keep from running into the car in front of me.

As a result of that, I sometimes feel sorry for those guys with the fast cars because I realize just how frustrated they must be. They paid all the money, made all that noise but not driving any faster than they guy in front of them with the Prius. Sometimes they switch lanes quickly, and they manage to get one car length ahead, but generally I find myself passing them a few blocks down the street.

I do understand male competitive juices, but doing it in a car in city traffic seems like a lousy way to prove one's manhood.

Stirchley 11-18-20 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by skizzerflake (Post 2141951)
I have an impulse, probably originating from my testicles, to have a fast car.
LOL. TMI. :eek:

Stirchley 11-25-20 06:33 PM

Speaking of cars & gender, as a female one thing often strikes me as I wait to cross at intersections. (I don’t drive.) If a guy in a Jaguar sees me waiting at the intersection he will always wave me through even if he has the light. Interestingly, the only other vehicle that does this is a guy in a pickup truck. And this happens all the time. :)

Stirchley 01-29-21 07:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This is a beautiful car from England - the Jensen Interceptor. Made by the Jensen brothers who were born in my hometown.

First car is from 1976 & was owned by John Bonham of Led Zeppelin. The 2nd car is 2 years older.

Known for its distinctive hatchback.

Captain Steel 01-29-21 08:42 PM

Interesting topic. I bought a Ford Escape in 2002 and am still driving it.

When I got it, a guy at work asked me why I didn't buy an Explorer. I said I didn't want something that big - a full-size SUV, plus the Escape was much cheaper than the Explorer.

His response was, "But you'll be seen driving around in that thing! The Escape is like Ford's version of a house-wife's car to run errands around town in and go shopping at boutiques. It's a mini SUV for mini people. That's the kind of car a man buys his wife or daughter as a Christmas present - it's a girl's car!"

Oh well. :)

Citizen Rules 01-29-21 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Post 2172881)

When I got it, a guy at work asked me why I didn't buy an Explorer. I said I didn't want something that big - a full-size SUV, plus the Escape was much cheaper than the Explorer.

His response was, "But you'll be seen driving around in that thing! The Escape is like Ford's version of a house-wife's car to run errands around town in and go shopping at boutiques. It's a mini SUV for mini people. That's the kind of car a man buys his wife or daughter as a Christmas present - it's a girl's car!"

I really like the look of the older Ford Escapes. A couple years ago when I needed to get another vehicle I had planned on buying one. I looked at the new Ford Escapes, but the body style had changed and now it looks like a SUV/station wagon. So I bought something else.

Stirchley 02-01-21 02:12 PM

Lordy, what a dope he sounds. :rolleyes:

Captain Steel 02-01-21 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Stirchley (Post 2173922)
Lordy, what a dope he sounds. :rolleyes:
Of course that guy owned the Explorer!

Darth Wish 02-01-21 06:01 PM

I travel around in a two tone blue/purple stretch limousine.

Some people might call it a bus. :D

Insane 02-25-21 07:20 AM

I drive a honda fit. The reason I bought it is because it's a small economical car that's a fine daily driver, and I can fold the seats down and it's suddenly a miniature bedroom with a video system thanks to the GPS that can also play DVDs or receive TV stations.

Is it a chick car? Yeah, I guess it is. That sort of thing mattered when I was a teenager and trying to attract women. The reality is that good women don't care what kind of car you drive. Gold diggers do, but that's also a plus. A honda fit is a negative gold digger magnet. They take one look at my car and don't even bother with me.
Now back to my wonderful chick car! I have taken it on several road trips and the beauty is that I don't need to sleep in some hotel bed with questionable sheets and expensive prices. I can park it literally anywhere you can park a small car, and that's my bedroom. Well, the question of toilet issues does arise, so I can't park it downtown. I guess a handy back alley will work, and I do keep a roll of TP in the back.

John McClane 02-25-21 09:59 AM

I'd just look at that guy and say "yeah, but an Explorer won't go if you can't afford gas."

beelzebubble 02-26-21 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Insane (Post 2181662)
I do keep a roll of TP in the back.
You are very wise.

I have a Honda Accord Hybrid. It is white and I wanted blue. This bugs me unnecessarily. I am female and have upon occasion owned a muscle car. It was a red 2001 Mustang Coupe. It was my midlife crisis car. I wanted something sexy in my life. It definitely filled the bill. I have since given it to my nephew who is unimpressed by its hotness and doesn't like the attention it gets. People used to come up to me and comment on its beauty all the time. I switched to the Accord because I became my mother's chauffeur and she couldn't lower or raise herself from the seat.
I still miss that car. But I prefer the looser steering and I no longer drive swiftly.

Stirchley 02-26-21 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Insane (Post 2181662)
The reality is that good women don't care what kind of car you drive.
Not true.

Darth Wish 02-26-21 03:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The Suzuki Swift GTI was a favourite of the old Top Gear team, Clarkson, Hammond and May.
Insurance is cheaper and ideal for driving around town.

There are some excellent modded ones out there too.
These two Swift sports for a start.

Latest version is turbocharged so not as feminine as you might think.

Insane 02-27-21 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by Stirchley (Post 2182092)
Not true.

Why would a good woman judge a man because of his transportation? I can see up to the point of him driving around in some ancient beater that will only start on a good day, but what about driving a chick car?

Citizen Rules 02-27-21 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Insane (Post 2182322)
Why would a good woman judge a man because of his transportation? I can see up to the point of him driving around in some ancient beater that will only start on a good day, but what about driving a chick car?
Any woman who would judge a man by the car he drove, needs to be judged by the size of her breast. I mean fair is fair:p

Stirchley 03-01-21 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 2182404)
Any woman who would judge a man by the car he drove, needs to be judged by the size of her breast. I mean fair is fair:p
The word “judge” wasn’t used in the first post.

There’s nothing wrong with a woman “caring” what kind of car a guy drives. Women care what kind of jeans men wear so why not care about his wheels too?

It’s not a dealbreaker, but it’s nice to drive around in a Rolls or a Benz. Or a Bentley! :)

Citizen Rules 03-01-21 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Stirchley (Post 2182902)
The word “judge” wasn’t used in the first post.

There’s nothing wrong with a woman “caring” what kind of car a guy drives. Women care what kind of jeans men wear so why not care about his wheels too?

It’s not a dealbreaker, but it’s nice to drive around in a Rolls or a Benz. Or a Bentley! :)
My post wasn't directly about you Stirch or your views...My post was a segue about any woman who would judge a man by the type of car he drove. Call it a rant, (though I always drove cool cars myself):p....So...hence a man who judged a woman by her breast size would be equally silly IMO. I'm talking generally here, nothing about you personally🙂 I'm just using your post as a jumping board to my post.

*Note: I would never judge a woman by her breast size. Some guys find breast size all important, but when I was single that was the least important aspect of a woman who I might want to date.

Stirchley 03-01-21 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 2182912)
*Note: I would never judge a woman by her breast size. Some guys find breast size all important, but when I was single that was the least important aspect of a woman who I might want to date.
I declare you to be the most woke person on this forum. :p

Citizen Rules 03-01-21 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Stirchley (Post 2182927)
I declare you to be the most woke person on this forum. :p
Ha, I'll take that as a compliment:) But I suppose it could be an insult:eek: Either way it's OK🙂:p

I'm all for human equality, animal rights, the environment, stuff like that!

Stirchley 03-01-21 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 2182928)
Ha, I'll take that as a compliment:) But I suppose it could be an insult:eek: Either way it's OK🙂:p

I'm all for human equality, animal rights, the environment, stuff like that!
Not here to insult anyone. I was just stating a fact. Woke is real, man. :p

Citizen Rules 03-01-21 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Stirchley (Post 2182932)
Not here to insult anyone. I was just stating a fact. Woke is real, man. :p
I'm more: oke! or maybe I'm just: ok;)

AgrippinaX 03-01-21 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Insane (Post 2182322)
Oh dear me, let’s start off by defining the proverbial ‘good woman’. Someone who doesn’t want to improve her living standards while she’s at it? Why wouldn’t you? A ‘chick’ car (provided the man himself really sees it as such) is another a bad predicador of someone’s general masculinity levels.*

I’m saying that as someone whose male family member in his 60s had a habit of buying women’s bags (for himself). I suppose they were what you’d these days call ‘unisex’ bags, but they really weren’t, they were all from ladies’ ranges. And it did affect all sorts of things, so much so that when he was particularly drunk, he might refer to himself as a woman (once said something like ‘A woman like me’). Go figure...

Now, that’s not always a deal breaker, but if hyper-masculinity or machoism is what said woman likes, it won’t work for her and that’s fair enough for her to acknowledge. I think in this instance the ‘cool’ car is much more about testosterone than resources.

(... I wonder if I’m getting banned...)

Stirchley 03-01-21 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 2182951)
I'm more: oke! or maybe I'm just: ok;)
You’re woke & oke. :p

Citizen Rules 03-01-21 04:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is my idea of a cool car and I see them all over the place. I wish I could afford one.

Stirchley 03-01-21 05:30 PM

What is its name?

Citizen Rules 03-01-21 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Stirchley (Post 2182974)
What is its name?
It's a Dodge Challenger, pretty common on the streets at least around here. It's a retro take on the original 1970s Dodge Challenger.

Citizen Rules 03-01-21 05:39 PM

Here's one helluva awesome photo of it! I've never seen one this color before:

https://www.autotrader.com/wp-conten...lenger-.2..jpg

Insane 03-01-21 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by AgrippinaX (Post 2182956)
Oh dear me, let’s start off by defining the proverbial ‘good woman’. Someone who doesn’t want to improve her living standards while she’s at it? Why wouldn’t you? A ‘chick’ car (provided the man himself really sees it as such) is another a bad predicador of someone’s general masculinity levels.*

I’m saying that as someone whose male family member in his 60s had a habit of buying women’s bags (for himself). I suppose they were what you’d these days call ‘unisex’ bags, but they really weren’t, they were all from ladies’ ranges. And it did affect all sorts of things, so much so that when he was particularly drunk, he might refer to himself as a woman (once said something like ‘A woman like me’). Go figure...

Now, that’s not always a deal breaker, but if hyper-masculinity or machoism is what said woman likes, it won’t work for her and that’s fair enough for her to acknowledge. I think in this instance the ‘cool’ car is much more about testosterone than resources.

(... I wonder if I’m getting banned...)

So long as it's European, it's called a "carry-all".

As for my chick car, do you think it would help if I got some bull balls? I laughed my ass off when I first saw those things, and ever since I've always thought "hmmm...".

AgrippinaX 03-01-21 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Insane (Post 2182985)
So long as it's European, it's called a "carry-all".

As for my chick car, do you think it would help if I got some bull balls? I laughed my ass off when I first saw those things, and ever since I've always thought "hmmm...".
That would infinitely improve matters!

xSookieStackhouse 03-02-21 04:44 AM

i found out this week that im going in a Lamborghini Huracan for a joy ride next week :love: :love:
https://carsales.pxcrush.net/carsale...c_size=720,480

James D. Gardiner 03-02-21 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by xSookieStackhouse (Post 2183173)
i found out this week that im going in a Lamborghini Huracan for a joy ride next week :love: :love:
Ooh, interesting. On a racetrack by any chance?

xSookieStackhouse 03-02-21 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by James D. Gardiner (Post 2183209)
Ooh, interesting. On a racetrack by any chance?
just a joyride around the city and have lunch. my friend knows someone whos owns it cause he seen my Lamborghini collection

xSookieStackhouse 03-02-21 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by xSookieStackhouse (Post 2183210)
just a joyride around the city and have lunch. my friend knows someone whos owns it cause he seen my Lamborghini collection
by the way car model collection. not the actual car collection lol

James D. Gardiner 03-02-21 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by xSookieStackhouse (Post 2183211)
by the way car model collection. not the actual car collection lol
Model form is the best for a car collection. No maintenance costs and so much less space. They even hold their value. Enjoy the outing. :)

xSookieStackhouse 03-02-21 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by James D. Gardiner (Post 2183218)
Model form is the best for a car collection. No maintenance costs and so much less space. They even hold their value. Enjoy the outing. :)
that is true, thank you cause its on my bucket list :)

Stirchley 03-12-21 07:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)

How fabulous is this? A 1960’s Benz.

John McClane 03-12-21 08:33 PM

What does it say about me that I think the 90s Camry is awesome?

Captain Steel 03-12-21 08:54 PM

If you buy a Trans Am does that mean you're trans-gendered?

(Or maybe one of the super-heroic, uncanny Trans-Men maintaining your secret identity?)

Citizen Rules 03-12-21 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by John McClane (Post 2186315)

It says you're frugalrific!:)

Citizen Rules 03-12-21 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Post 2186324)
If you buy a Trans Am does that mean you're trans-gendered?
Nope, that would be a Geo Metro:p

John McClane 03-15-21 11:30 AM

Petro-masculinity. As someone who sits low to the ground I am acutely aware that if I ever get in an accident I am probably going to die.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-pickup-truck?

Citizen Rules 03-15-21 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by John McClane (Post 2187009)
Petro-masculinity. As someone who sits low to the ground I am acutely aware that if I ever get in an accident I am probably going to die.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-pickup-truck?
I hate those monster trucks and EVERYONE around here has them. I call 'em a** h*** trucks:mad:

ynwtf 03-15-21 01:19 PM

Just curious, but anyone else seeing truck lift kits riding around with just the front axle lifted? This puts the truck at a slant where the front is several inches higher than the back. It's been trending here with the high school kids for some reason. Adults call it the "dog squat" lift. It's silly to me, and seems dangerous considering you have to lean forward over your steering wheel to see where your front end is going. Several years ago we also had a surge of 'truck nuts.' I figure it's an Alabama, Florida panhandle, and probably Georgia thing. Anyone up in the Carolinas seeing either?

Stirchley 03-15-21 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by John McClane (Post 2186315)

I’m gonna plead the Fifth. :rolleyes:

John McClane 03-15-21 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Stirchley (Post 2187110)
I’m gonna plead the Fifth. :rolleyes:
You know you jelly of my refined palate! :p

And yeah, those dog squat trucks are around here and there. Most of the ones I see are on air shocks/hydraulics, tho, so they can adjust it as they see fit. And I agree it's pretty stupid.

I think it's crazy how huge and high some of these stock trucks are getting, tho. For real, 90% of the time when driving next to these new trucks I can't even see the bottom of their side windows. Sitting low really takes defensive driving to a whole new level.

Stirchley 03-15-21 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by John McClane (Post 2187128)
You know you jelly of my refined palate! :p
You wish. :D

Stirchley 03-17-21 04:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Paris Hilton has a pink Bentley. Of course she does.

Stirchley 06-21-21 01:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Saw an older gentleman driving a blue Benz just like this at the weekend. Such a beautiful car. The one in the photo is from 1970. Anyway, I waved to the guy & he waved back. :)

ynwtf 06-21-21 04:28 PM

I dreamed someone gave me a new mustang. i don't even like mustangs! but i drove it. it was free and I didn't want to seem ungrateful. still, it was so weird. for that kinda money i'd be like give me a 2013 kia and off some debt =\ i don't think it was a stick either. i'm not sure there was even a driver's seat. just a roll bar cage. so weird.

random unnecessary complaint of the day.

Kay Burton 06-24-21 05:22 AM

I dream of a Plymouth Hemi Cuda, but dreaming is not bad. So far, I ride a Chrysler Sebring. Recently, by the way, I equipped the garage with an automatic remote switch. Now I close the garage without leaving the car. I chose the Chamberlain RJO20 opener, it works perfectly, doesn't lay. If interested, here is its description.