Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Intermission: Miscellaneous Chat (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Men: Shaved Armpits? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=10939)

John McClane 09-19-05 07:01 PM

Men: Shaved Armpits?

What do ya think? Answer the poll above and let us know what ya think.

I personally shave my armpits and I see nothing wrong with it.

nebbit 09-19-05 07:20 PM

If I do why not men :yup:

susan 09-19-05 07:35 PM

i don't see anything wrong with it if men want to do it...but on the other hand, why should women have to...

John McClane 09-19-05 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by nebbit
If I do why not men :yup:
Exactly. Who said that only women could be the ones to do so? And this manly business, who's to say that since I don't have underarm hair I'm not a man? Politics. :D ;)

Not even women have to shave. If you believe in God he gave ya hair for a reason eh? Besides, this hair issue has been programmed in us since childhood.

Piddzilla 09-19-05 08:23 PM

I would like to add "I'm a man and I don't shave my armpits and I don't see why a man would want to do it since no one expects him too... but, sure, I don't care if John McClane et al shaves their armpits".

I have a confession.... I think it's sexy in some animal way with women who don't shave their armpits... At least, it can be....

This thread is... interesting.

Tacitus 09-19-05 08:35 PM

As someone who is hardly over-endowed with hair on their head I couldn't think of anything more futile than shaving my armpits - I want to grow it long enough that one day I can sweep it over the top of my head to prevent sunburn.

Many many years ago I shaved my chest, however... ;)

Piddzilla 09-19-05 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tacitus
As someone who is hardly over-endowed with hair on their head I couldn't think of anything more futile than shaving my armpits - I want to grow it long enough that one day I can sweep it over the top of my head to prevent sunburn.
Now, that would be the comb over of the century...

Tacitus 09-19-05 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Now, that would be the comb over of the century...
The Charlton to end all Charltons...

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/Co...il_5_Image.png

I think it'd look quite sexy, no? :D

Piddzilla 09-19-05 08:46 PM

The Charlton to end all Charltons...

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/Co...il_5_Image.png

I think it'd look quite sexy, no? :D
I'm pretty confident it wouldn't. :p

Golgot 09-19-05 09:00 PM

Dammit. There's no section for me either. I trim my armpit hair. (Well, i've started to - especially since my deodorant seems to bleach the ends. Is that too much information? I think that's too much information)

Altho there's more ;)

SamsoniteDelilah 09-19-05 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
I'm pretty confident it wouldn't. :p
I second that emotion.

I have never thought about men shaving their armpits.

I'm totally on board with questioning it, though. I mean, if you want to, it certainly isn't going to reduce your testosterone levels or something. I think if you want to, you should.

John McClane 09-19-05 09:48 PM

Hmm. This is very interesting. Lol. :laugh:

adidasss 09-19-05 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by susan
i don't see anything wrong with it if men want to do it...but on the other hand, why should women have to...
because it's nasty...

adidasss 09-19-05 09:55 PM

hihihi hohoho hahaha

adidasss 09-19-05 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Golgot
( I think that's too much information)
i think so too...

John McClane 09-19-05 10:30 PM

Hey bud, there's a thing called the edit button. :p ;)

adidasss 09-19-05 10:43 PM

but it's much easier to do it this way innit?

OG- 09-19-05 10:46 PM

I don't shave my armpits and unless your armpit hair exceeds what is covered up when your arm is at rest, then I don't see any reason to shave it either.

But then again, I have a very Westernized view of beauty. And I like my Westernized view, thank you very much! Ladies that don't shave (arm pit or legs) kill it..

birdygyrl 09-19-05 11:15 PM

Many many years ago I shaved my chest, however... ;)
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Sleezy 09-19-05 11:49 PM

I spent many a year trying to grow hair in certain places. The hell I'm going to start shaving...