Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Home Theater Questions & Information (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   NEW: Stanley Kubrick Collection (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=13782)

BobbyB 07-25-07 06:42 PM

NEW: Stanley Kubrick Collection

Title: Stanley Kubrick Collection
Starring: N/A (Various)
Released: 23rd October 2007
SRP: $79.92

Further Details:
Warner Home Video has sent over early details on a Director Series: Stanley Kubrick Collection which includes new two-disc special editions of 2001: A Space Odyssey, A Clockwork Orange, Eyes Wide Shut, and The Shining, as well as the deluxe edition of Full Metal Jacket, and Stanley Kubrick: A Life in Pictures. The nine-disc package will be available to own from the 23rd October, and should retail at around $79.92. Titles will also be available individually for around $26.99 a pop. We'll bring you further details on each of the individual releases shortly.
http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...llection2.html

I'm sure all you Kubrick fans are wetting yourselves right now.

jrs 07-25-07 06:54 PM

Re: NEW: Stanley Kubrick Collection

Here's the cover artwork for one of them ...

BobbyB 07-25-07 06:56 PM

The Shining and Clockwork artwork can be found in the link.

Zeiken 07-25-07 06:57 PM

Doesnt seem like that great of a deal. I recently bought the older Kubrick DVD collection off of Amazon for $80.00, and it included Lolita, Dr. Strangelove, 2001: A Space Odyssey, A Clockwork Orange, Barry Lyndon, The Shining, Full Metal Jacket, Eyes Wide Shut, and the documentary Stanley Kubrick: A Life In Pictures.

So unless the unspecified extra features on these new two disc sets are fantastic, it probably isnt worth it.

jrs 07-25-07 07:03 PM

If this comes out on HD I'll pick it up. Besides, I really don't need to purchase so many copies of a film on DVD anymore.

Zeiken 07-25-07 07:06 PM

And i'll go ahead and try to say this as carefully as possible so i dont overstate it, but you simply cannot call something a Stanley Kubrick collection without Barry Lyndon.

nebbit 07-25-07 07:08 PM

I have them all individually :yup: but sometimes it is nice to a boxed set :yup:

Nexus 07-31-07 11:02 AM

I must admit, I prefer the design of the original DVDs.

Sedai 08-01-07 03:24 PM

Yeah..I own all the films, so, unless there is a new transfer or some spectacular 4 hour documentary in the collection, I will probably have to pass...

I need my cash for the Blade Runner 5-disc anyway... ;)

Tazz 08-22-07 06:41 PM

Sadly i don't own any Kubrick films, yet he is my favorite director and i've seen all his films. I just didn't like the present dvd of his films and i hate those warner bros. sap lock cases. ugh. I've thought about getting the Limited Edition Collector's Set of A Clockwork Orange my favorite of all his films.

I'm probably gonna pick this up when it comes out, its about time these films got the 2 disc treatment. I just wish that instead of Eyes Wide Shut [my least film Kubrick film] they should have put Barry Lyndon, Lolita, or Dr. Strangelove or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb but i know there's already a 2-disc version of strangelove.

michaelcorleone 08-22-07 08:04 PM

The only one of those I don't own is Full Metal Jacket, but I do think the new packaging looks great.

meatwadsprite 08-22-07 08:39 PM

He has yet to make a movie that i would buy on dvd. And i really doubt he is going to make one. Clockwork Orange is my favorite of his and thats only about B or B+ quality movie. But yeah this is probably a big deal since lots of people think he's god.

The Gnat 08-23-07 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by meatwadsprite (Post 380399)
He has yet to make a movie that i would buy on dvd. And i really doubt he is going to make one. Clockwork Orange is my favorite of his and thats only about B or B+ quality movie. But yeah this is probably a big deal since lots of people think he's god.

yeah, I really doubt he is going to make one either.

How many of his films have you seen? Not saying that you can't like them, just curious.

michaelcorleone 08-23-07 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by meatwadsprite (Post 380399)
Seeing as he passed away, I really doubt it too.

Tazz 08-24-07 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by michaelcorleone (Post 380464)
Seeing as he passed away, I really doubt it too.
LOL i was about to say the something too.

meatwadsprite 08-24-07 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by The Gnat (Post 380439)
yeah, I really doubt he is going to make one either.

How many of his films have you seen? Not saying that you can't like them, just curious.
The Shining B
A Clockwork Orange B-
Dr Strangelove C+
Full Metal Jacket C
Eyes Wide Shut D+
2001 : A Space Odysee D-

michaelcorleone 08-24-07 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by meatwadsprite (Post 380676)
The Shining B
A Clockwork Orange B-
Dr Strangelove C+
Full Metal Jacket C
Eyes Wide Shut D+
2001 : A Space Odysee D-
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

chet seven 10-22-07 11:22 PM

Why no Strangelove? I rather have that in the set than Eyes Wide Shut. But I will still be picking it up tomorrow! For I own all the others on VHS and those can be a little choppy...

iluv2viddyfilms 12-20-07 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by BobbyB (Post 377094)
http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...llection2.html

I'm sure all you Kubrick fans are wetting yourselves right now.
Not really. All of us Kubrick fans already owned those movies.