Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   The Television & Music Forum (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Loki (Marvel series) (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=62935)

Mulalosoldat999 12-20-20 08:01 AM

Loki (Marvel series)

This is a not to miss out trailer

xSookieStackhouse 12-20-20 10:09 AM

Re: Loki 2021

im excited to see it his one of my favorites on marvel universe

Yoda 04-05-21 11:11 AM

Re: Loki 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW948Va-l10

John McClane 04-05-21 11:53 AM

At first hearing of it I questioned the usefulness/necessity of Loki having his own series.

But now? Ok, I’m sold.

cat_sidhe 04-05-21 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2192845)

I'm so excited for this! <3

xSookieStackhouse 04-11-21 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by cat_sidhe (Post 2192926)
I'm so excited for this! <3
same here!! <3

Allaby 06-09-21 09:48 PM

Re: Loki (Marvel series)

First episode is out now. I just watched it and really enjoyed it. Anyone else check it out yet?

John McClane 06-11-21 08:48 AM

I watched it.

Still think this series is largely unneeded, but holding judgment till episode 3.

mark f 06-11-21 10:29 AM

It was well-done, funny and surprisingly thought-provoking.

GulfportDoc 06-11-21 10:38 AM

I'm not a super hero fan, but this series looks pretty well done-- at least from the trailer. Will definitely investigate.

xSookieStackhouse 06-11-21 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Allaby (Post 2211388)
First episode is out now. I just watched it and really enjoyed it. Anyone else check it out yet?
yes i did other day its so good i loved it and cant wait for 5 more episodes <3
loved the show especially loki who is one of my favorites <3 :love:

Yoda 06-11-21 10:49 AM

Really dug the first episode. The setup is wacky, creative, and really makes me wanna see where this goes. Great setup.

Of course, one of the reasons I'm so intrigued is because they're injecting things into the MCU that have the potential to really muck it up long-term (but that had already started, and was always going to happen). But I'm very interested.

AgrippinaX 06-11-21 11:20 AM

So what’s the consensus, is it good? Is Loki actually evil? Should I watch?

John McClane 06-11-21 11:46 AM

If you like time travel/alternative realities nonsense then sure. Watch it.

I can’t stand that stuff tho because it’s always the same old tropes. Go back and stop x from happening, or restore the flow of time so the universe doesn’t end.

:yawn:

Like time/alternate realities open up so many creative opportunities but no one ever explores them. They just hope on the same train everyone else is riding.

Hopefully this will be different but from what I’ve seen so far I doubt it.

:sleep:

Yoda 06-11-21 11:55 AM

You may be right. There are some hints here they may explore some new ideas or at least have a lot of fun with the concepts, but I agree it's become a little old at most of the time.

AgrippinaX 06-11-21 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by John McClane (Post 2211801)
If you like time travel/alternative realities nonsense then sure. Watch it.

I can’t stand that stuff tho because it’s always the same old tropes. Go back and stop x from happening, or restore the flow of time so the universe doesn’t end.

:yawn:
I don’t disagree.

Originally Posted by John McClane (Post 2211801)
Like time/alternate realities open up so many creative opportunities but no one ever explores them.
You’re right. So what angle would you explore? I thought Resolution was pretty original in terms of using the quantum mechanics (as little as there is of that) and space-time continuum rift concepts. But most of them do repeat themselves.

AgrippinaX 06-11-21 01:01 PM

At the risk of repeating myself, did they, as I fear, make Loki ‘nice’, now that he is the protagonist?

Yoda 06-11-21 01:02 PM

Nah. At least not yet/not exactly. But there are maybe some nods in that direction. Without spoiling anything, there's a way they might be having it both ways. Time will tell if it's well done or not.

Then again, maybe your definition of "nice" will differ from mine.

AgrippinaX 06-11-21 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2211819)
Nah. At least not yet/not exactly. But there are maybe some nods in that direction. Without spoiling anything, there's a way they might be having it both ways. Time will tell if it's well done or not.

Then again, maybe your definition of "nice" will differ from mine.
Hmm, alright. I am officially intrigued, guess that’s on my list, then.

Yoda 06-11-21 01:09 PM

Re: nice. To elaborate a bit more, he's never felt loathsome to me, even though you can make a case he has been in that he's caused, well, a lot of deaths. So I'm not sure what the baseline good/bad guyness really is. Weird character in that sense.

Also, there've been so many turnabouts where he seems to be nicer and it turns out to be a rouse that it's not even clear what it means if they do start to nod that way more.

Anyway, it's a fair question, since being the star of a show usually requires a level of likability, but I think he's kinda always had that even when he was being a very bad person in the movies, so your mileage may vary. The "you have to like the lead character" thing is also more of an historical thing that we've seen more exceptions to over time, so who knows.

Regardless, the setup here is pretty off the wall, so I would 100% encourage someone to at least watch that first episode before making up their mind.