Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Reviews (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Review This, by thmilin, inc. (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=11722)

Sleezy 03-22-06 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by thmilin
th-my-lin. come on. say it with me ... thhhh ... myyyy.... liiiiin.
I thought it was "th-mill-in," even though "th" isn't a syllable. ;)

chicagofrog 03-22-06 11:40 AM

even Frenchies can pronounce it! ;)
good thoughts and very good writing Smayleen, euuuhh, Thmilin!

adidasss 03-22-06 11:46 AM

i thought it was th-mil-in....*shrugs* you people should seriously consider switching to the slavic way of writing/pronouncing...it would save you from learning how something is spelled...

thmilin 03-22-06 12:13 PM

i could also just tell you the dumb and seriously uninteresting story behind it ...

one day, many years ago when hotmail first began and i was starting college, i needed a web-based email address. hotmail said everything was taken. my brother and i were messing around trying to think of variations on "laughs, giggles, guffaws, laughing ..."

and somehow, came up with "thmilin." = smilin', with a lisp. :)

chicagofrog 03-22-06 12:14 PM

you people should seriously consider switching to the slavic way of writing/pronouncing
uuhh... like kevapcici??

Sexy Celebrity 03-22-06 01:16 PM

i could also just tell you the dumb and seriously uninteresting story behind it ...

one day, many years ago when hotmail first began and i was starting college, i needed a web-based email address. hotmail said everything was taken. my brother and i were messing around trying to think of variations on "laughs, giggles, guffaws, laughing ..."

and somehow, came up with "thmilin." = smilin', with a lisp. :)
Don't tell me that. Now I know my inner speaking of your username - "th-mill-len" - is incorrect.

thmilin 03-22-06 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
Don't tell me that. Now I know my inner speaking of your username - "th-mill-len" - is incorrect.
it's ok, sexy celeb. when i whisper your name on my pillow at night, you're

"thek-thee thel-eb-rit-ee"

Sexy Celebrity 03-22-06 01:42 PM

Eww, is there drool in the mornings?

thmilin 03-22-06 01:45 PM

no, because my pillow is super-absorbent!

Sedai 03-22-06 02:26 PM

Ahhh, I get it now, with the name. Now I can go back to being the person who's name no one can pronounce...

Sexy Celebrity 03-22-06 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Sedai
Ahhh, I get it now, with the name. Now I can go back to being the person who's name no one can pronounce...
Seh-day?

adidasss 03-22-06 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by chicagofrog
uuhh... like kevapcici??
surely you mean čevapčići?

Revenant 03-22-06 03:03 PM

I always thought it was pronounced 'ser-die'.

Anyway, some excellent reviews there Thmillin. V for Vendetta is a given but I may check out a couple of the others

adidasss 03-22-06 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Sedai
seh-dah-e?

SamsoniteDelilah 03-22-06 03:13 PM

:D hee!

You've always been smilin' with a lithp to me. And Sedai is "said I".

TheUsualSuspect 03-22-06 04:02 PM

I found, with the exception of the parents, the supprting cast in Failure to Launch be medicore at best.

chicagofrog 03-22-06 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by adidasss
surely you mean čevapčići?
:D uh, you mean this Slovenian specialty?? :p :p :p

thmilin 03-22-06 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect
I found, with the exception of the parents, the supprting cast in Failure to Launch be medicore at best.
well booooo to you. you just don't appreciate juvenile shenanigans, one of the finest arts in the world.*

why only mediocre? they made me crack up. i think many things can be blamed on the script, plot, etc., versus them. like the big reality tv scene at the end - would have been far worse if it weren't for the fun vibe they had going. same for the random nature scenes that made no sense and yet, made me laugh because they made no sense.

* in case you are inclined to take this dig personally, i must note that i am JOKING. so put your pepper spray away.

John McClane 03-26-06 03:19 PM

Can't say I agree with everything you said on V for Vendetta and Failure to Launch, but good job.

thmilin 03-26-06 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by John McClane
Can't say I agree with everything you said on V for Vendetta and Failure to Launch, but good job.
how don't you agree?