Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Upcoming Movies & Sequels (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Last Jedi (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=40275)

The Rodent 03-12-15 04:37 PM

Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Last Jedi

Episode 8 has a release date...

May 26th 2017

No other details known. But may as well get a thread going.

seanc 03-12-15 04:39 PM

Re: Star Wars Episode VIII (8)

Rian Johnson is directing. One very important detail is known.

Swan 03-12-15 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by seanc (Post 1269370)
Rian Johnson is directing. One very important detail is known.
Yeah. And he's a good choice.

The Rodent 03-12-15 04:41 PM

I must have missed that bit about the director :D
Cheers Sean...

Yeah, loving all these hits of info that are coming out. Making me excited.

A little bit of wee just came out.

Sexy Celebrity 03-12-15 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 1269375)
A little bit of wee just came out.
Get diapers.

jrs 03-13-15 07:42 AM

I'm not even remotely excited for this.....yet.

The Rodent 07-07-15 12:22 AM

Start getting excited guys... Donnie Yen is apparently in negotiations to join Ep 8...

Sexy Celebrity 07-07-15 12:23 AM

We should be excited because he's Asian?

The Rodent 07-07-15 12:24 AM

Donnie is in talks to play a Jedi.

DONNIE YEN AS A JEDI!!!!!

Sexy Celebrity 07-07-15 12:28 AM

Who's Donnie Yen?

The Rodent 07-07-15 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1346508)
Who's Donnie Yen?

http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/...psitx85mge.jpg

gbgoodies 07-07-15 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1346508)
Who's Donnie Yen?
Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 1346516)

I don't know who Donnie Yen is, but I'm pretty sure that's Rowan Atkinson. :shrug:

Gatsby 07-07-15 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 1346519)
I don't know who Donnie Yen is, but I'm pretty sure that's Rowan Atkinson. :shrug:
Rodent is baffled that SC doesn't know who Donnie Yen is. That's why he posted the pic of Atkinson.

Wait... Donnie Yen gets to play a f*cking Jedi? This movie is badass already. Shut up and take my money you big Hollywood distributors!

gbgoodies 07-07-15 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 1346519)
Originally Posted by Gatsby (Post 1346520)
Rodent is baffled that SC doesn't know who Donnie Yen is. That's why he posted the pic of Atkinson.

I don't know much about Rowan Atkinson either. I think the only movie that I've seen him in was Rat Race, and I'm not even sure that he was in that movie. (I think he was the guy who kept falling asleep.) :shrug:

Sexy Celebrity 07-07-15 01:56 AM

Yes, Rowan Atkinson was in Rat Race. So was :whoopi:

The Rodent 07-07-15 01:58 AM

It's meant to represent someone looking at SC like he's, well, like he's a member of a Movie Forum who doesn't know who Donnie Yen is...

Sexy Celebrity 07-07-15 01:59 AM

I only know Donnie Walhberg, Donnie Darko and Donnie from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Gatsby 07-07-15 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 1346524)
It's meant to represent someone looking at SC like he's, well, like he's a member of a Movie Forum who doesn't know who Donnie Yen is...
Even guests who view "Does Forrest Gump have AIDS?" on a daily basis know who Donnie Yen is,

Sexy Celebrity 07-07-15 02:01 AM

Okay, shush. This thread's getting derailed.

gbgoodies 07-07-15 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 1346524)

I guess I'm in the same boat, because I'm a member of a Movie Forum who doesn't know who Donnie Yen is. :shrug:

gbgoodies 07-07-15 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Gatsby (Post 1346526)
Even guests who view "Does Forrest Gump have AIDS?" on a daily basis know who Donnie Yen is,

What's "Does Forrest Gump have AIDS?"? :confused:

Gatsby 07-07-15 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 1346533)
What's "Does Forrest Gump have AIDS?"? :confused:
http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=19928

The Rodent 07-07-15 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 1346532)
I guess I'm in the same boat, because I'm a member of a Movie Forum who doesn't know who Donnie Yen is. :shrug:
http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/...psk4e78hbc.png

jrs 07-07-15 02:55 AM

Once I see The Force Awakens then I'll get somewhat anxious for the next episode.

jrs 09-18-15 05:50 PM

Mark Hammil has arrived on set for Episode VIII to shoot scenes. Though Daisy Ridley hasn't arrived ....at least not yet.

yeasin456 09-19-15 04:48 AM

I have not seen this film yet. Have seen.

jrs 12-20-15 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by jrs (Post 1387495)
Mark Hammil has arrived on set for Episode VIII to shoot scenes. Though Daisy Ridley hasn't arrived ....at least not yet.
I am quoting myself because this new article, posted 3 days ago, kind of makes my post even more valid than it is...
Star Wars producer Kathleen Kennedy has confirmed that the entire cast of The Force Awakens will return for the next film.

The president of Lucasfilm has said that iconic cast members Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher will all appear in Episode VIII, as will newcomers John Boyega and Daisy Ridley.

Kennedy said:

“There will be a handful of new cast members in Episode VIII but also all the cast members you see here tonight will be in it as well.”

She also admitted that the cast won’t have much of a break following the current promo tour as they’ll begin filming again in the New Year.

“We’re excited to get back together. We start shooting Episode VIII in January, we’ve been prepping the movie for the last year and (writer-and-director) Rian Johnson has been doing an amazing job.”

Source

Zotis 12-20-15 08:56 AM

I loved Brick, so I'm relieved to hear Rian Johnson will be directing instead of Abrams. That gives me so much hope that it will be a decent movie as apposed to merely a half-decent movie.

I need to watch more of his stuff though. Brick was a while ago.

seanc 12-20-15 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Zotis (Post 1425728)
I loved Brick, so I'm relieved to hear Rian Johnson will be directing instead of Abrams. That gives me so much hope that it will be a decent movie as apposed to merely a half-decent movie.

I need to watch more of his stuff though. Brick was a while ago.
I love Looper not The Brothers Bloom though.

Zotis 12-20-15 11:14 AM

The Brothers Bloom did look like a movie I never want to watch, but I think I will have to check out Looper soon.

Iroquois 12-20-15 07:48 PM

Rodent/Gatsby - chill out, there was a time when neither of you knew who Donnie Yen was either so you might as well actually post clips from Hero or Ip Man instead of snot-nosed reaction images.

Sexy Celebrity 12-20-15 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Iroquois (Post 1426156)
Rodent/Gatsby - chill out, there was a time when neither of you knew who Donnie Yen was either so you might as well actually post clips from Hero or Ip Man instead of snot-nosed reaction images.
Oh my God... you SEVERELY need to lighten up and get a sense of humor these days.

Iroquois 12-20-15 08:33 PM

Meanwhile, you need to lose one.

NedStark09 12-21-15 01:45 AM

Um how is the whole cast back possible considering after a certain event that happens in Episode 7. Unless Maz did some magic an was there and saved a person we know.

SilentVamp 12-21-15 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by NedStark09 (Post 1426342)
Um how is the whole cast back possible considering after a certain event that happens in Episode 7. Unless Maz did some magic an was there and saved a person we know.
It is a thought that crossed my mind before I happened to see that just now. Basically, I wondered if there would be a reason (way) to bring everyone back. And now I read that.

Interesting statement, to say the least.

Iroquois 12-21-15 02:07 AM

Or it's just a red herring.

The Gunslinger45 12-21-15 02:08 AM

Or a certain someone will be in a flash back.

SilentVamp 12-21-15 02:12 AM

The flashback idea is actually the thing that entered my mind when I thought there was a chance of that possibly happening.

NedStark09 12-21-15 06:34 AM

Star Wars dont do Flash Backs they do Force Ghost to explain the past on what too do and Han is not a jedi. I think JJ is a sick Bastard and Harrison may be over the hate he had for not being killed off in Empire that hey lets trick everyone and give them a Han Solo Death alright but its plot twist to maybe mess with everyone. But Then again Kennedy goes lie well and I am sure she told us early on that George would consult in the films as well.

Iroquois 12-21-15 07:22 AM

Alternatively, they could compromise and have it be a vision.

SeeingisBelieving 12-21-15 07:24 AM

I would think

WARNING: spoilers below
she's made the announcement with Ford's participation so as not to let on what happens for people who've not seen the film, or somehow Han will appear as a Force Ghost. Maybe it's possible for Luke to speak to him through the Force – or he could haunt Kylo Ren without Kylo being able to control it.

NedStark09 12-22-15 01:44 AM

I Think we all know how crazy Kylo is and my guess is there is only one person who can reach him. I think Anakin is Leia s only hope to reach any form of humanity. But I just not buying Kylo Ren is the big bad here. I think Snoke has many fools who can use a saber . Snoke does not give a turkey about the rule of two. I think Kylo will be left for dead. I just think Rey is too balanced emotionally to ever be beaten. As long as Kylo is crazy. But I do think Rey will lose her fight like Luke does and even be placed in carbonite and sent too Snoke. It would be an interesting dynamic to see Finn and Kylo Ren have to work together in Episode 9.

jrs 12-23-15 02:26 PM

WARNING: "The Force Awakens (who survives)" spoilers below

Principal photography for Episode VII will begin in Spring 2016, Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy confirmed that pretty much everyone would be back for the next installment of the series.

Returning cast members include Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Peter Mayhew, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Gwendoline Christie, Lupita Nyong’o, Max von Sydow, and Adam Driver. There will be a handful of new cast members too.

As for the next installment, they are casting for new roles as we speak. Movie Casting Call has full details and info about what one needs to do, and whom to contact.

Source: Slash Film and Movie Casting Call

Yoda 12-23-15 02:38 PM

I'm wrapping that in spoiler tags. Obviously, saying who's in the film tells you who survives.

jrs 12-23-15 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1427262)
I'm wrapping that in spoiler tags. Obviously, saying who's in the film tells you who survives.
True. Though it goes both ways. The ones who didn't see it won't know who survives or not since
WARNING: "TFA" spoilers below
the entire cast is returning
. I don't think a casting call for a movie is a spoiler though. Is it?? lol

Yoda 12-23-15 02:53 PM

It certainly can be, yeah. Anything that has the potential to lessen the enjoyment of a plot development can be, and casting definitely has that potential.

The larger point, though, is that wrapping things in spoiler tags is really easy to do, and people who've seen it can see them easily, so there's no reason not to err on of the side of caution.

jrs 12-23-15 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1427268)
...casting definitely has that potential.
Understandable I suppose :)

SilentVamp 12-24-15 12:26 AM

When I read all of this again, it is kind of confusing.

First she says:
Originally Posted by jrs (Post 1427265)
WARNING: "TFA" spoilers below
the entire cast is returning
Then it is this:
Originally Posted by jrs (Post 1427256)
WARNING: "" spoilers below
Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy confirmed that pretty much everyone would be back for the next installment of the series.
In a way, that contradicts what she said based on the change in the words that were used.

Yet, this is still happening based on those two things that were stated?:
WARNING: "" spoilers below
Returning cast members include Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Peter Mayhew, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Gwendoline Christie, Lupita Nyong’o, Max von Sydow, and Adam Driver. There will be a handful of new cast members too.
:shrug:
Maybe I will just start to ignore what is said about the next movie because it kind of sounds like double-talk to me. :rolleyes:

NedStark09 12-24-15 01:00 AM

IMDB Does have Harrison Ford but not the other old guy who got cut down by Kylo Ren. I personally think JJ and everyone in this saga want people too believe Han Solo is gonna die in Episode 7 when he all along was Force Sensative its just that he grew up in a place were there was no jedi and he became a skeptic. I think Han Solo was impaled but not in an vital organs. I think he will be in a coma until end of episode 8. The Cliff hanger surprise is that Rey is Han and Leia s daughter and Luke made them forget and hid her away. Han I think was saved by Maz Kanata who has had Solo ever since he fell into what looked like open light.

-KhaN- 12-24-15 05:17 AM

I don't know what to say without spoiling The Force Awakens...But who reads about Episode VIII without watching a previous one? Guess spoiler wrapping it is.

WARNING: "SPOILERS" spoilers below
There is just one thing I hope dose not happen in the future, Kylo coming back to the Light Side, I would rather have him die fighting, die surrounded by dark, rage and anger. He did too much in order to turn back, what would people say? "Oh he killed hundreds (thousands? millions?) and ordered massacre of civilians, but who cares, welcome back sonny!"

NedStark09 12-24-15 11:46 PM

I agree but in the perfect world I would love it if another Sith say maybe Killed Him and we get jedi and rule of 2 Darth Raven Killing Off Snoke and his Knights Of Ren.

Hambo 12-26-15 12:46 AM

So . . . how come J.J. Abrams isn't directing the next two films? It seems kinda weird considering how well he did with 'The Force Awakens'. Can't they just quietly tell this Rian Johnson guy to step aside?

NedStark09 12-26-15 04:02 AM

Look at this way George Did Star Wars and it was amazing and Irvin Kershner did Empire which ever hails as the best in whole series so who is too say Rian cant make an even better film

SilentVamp 12-26-15 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by -KhaN- (Post 1427559)
WARNING: "SPOILERS" spoilers below
There is just one thing I hope dose not happen in the future, Kylo coming back to the Light Side, I would rather have him die fighting, die surrounded by dark, rage and anger. He did too much in order to turn back, what would people say? "Oh he killed hundreds (thousands? millions?) and ordered massacre of civilians, but who cares, welcome back sonny!"
This is truthfully how I am hoping it happens, too. I have been saying this since I saw the "The Force Awakens". I know some people would want the opposite, but I think it would make for a much better story if the opposite of that didn't happen.

NedStark09 01-03-16 03:53 AM

Snoke and Palpatine were created as the top person so dont got too change since they are Villains ten times over. This is Star Wars and I believe Kylo Ren will always have a dark side but the light will keep him half way humane. I think Anakin is his only hope of any change or rey.

I think Anakins way is too scare Kylo Ren so bad . Because my money says Anakin is tormented by all the lives he took . Anakin was at the end with obi wan and yoda but I think Anakin will still linger on and maybe since is one of a kind even can do more then any other ghosts.

Zotis 01-03-16 04:55 AM

My expectations now are that it will be about the same as Ep. VII in terms of quality.

NedStark09 01-04-16 08:05 PM

But maybe more CGI especially if have a space battle which we need in the next movie.

AdamUpBxtch 01-04-16 08:11 PM

From what I've seen from him, I honestly think Rian Johnson is a much better "Director" than Abrams (I think Abrams shines more in a Producer Position), so I am thinking Episode 8 has the possibility of being even better than Episode 7.

Guaporense 01-13-16 12:16 PM

Worse than episode 7, because now they already ripped off the old classics.

gandalf26 01-13-16 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by NedStark09 (Post 1433468)
But maybe more CGI especially if have a space battle which we need in the next movie.
I would suggest there will be a big space battle in 9 not 8. I think the next one will more center around Rey/Ren training, but I don't think they will fight again next movie.

Which poses a question, who will fight 8's lightsaber duel?

The Rodent 01-13-16 01:14 PM

Luke and Ren I reckon'll fight in ep 8.

gandalf26 01-13-16 01:26 PM

Yeah that seems more likely, would be silly to have Ren and Rey fight and not end up with one dead like part 7.

The contenders

The Knights of Ren (who are they? Luke's apprentices gone bad, Snokes apprentices led by the most powerful, Kylo Ren?)
Luke Skywalker
Rey
Leia (how proficient is she? after 30+ years)
Kylo Ren
Snoke

Luke vs Kylo- Seems probable but that leaves Rey out
Luke vs Knights of Ren- Luke takes them on while Rey and Ren go again
Luke vs Snoke - Too early for this you would think, Cant see them NOT having a confrontation though at some point

Rey vs Kylo Ren - Would be a rehash, can't see Rey ever dying being the new posterchild but Kylo??
Rey vs Knights of Ren-Luke takes on Kylo while Rey fights these guys
Rey vs Snoke- Could be interesting if Snoke tries to do an Emperor and turn her, she seems to good for that though

Leia vs Kylo Ren- Mother confronts son for past deeds, would like to see this.

Snoke vs Kylo- Could be a brave new direction, Sith always turn on each other afterall, never been done before.

The Rodent 01-13-16 01:34 PM

Maybe Ren kills Luke and Rey has to kill Ren in ep9.

gandalf26 01-13-16 01:46 PM

I hope they don't kill Luke. I hope he dies like Yoda, natural causes having re-established the Jedi.

ursaguy 01-13-16 04:34 PM

What's John Boyega's role in the series at this point? He has no skills valuable to the overall goal, he can't fight anybody, and his personal arc is pretty much over, but he's a black main character so he won't get killed off. I can't think of a purpose he could have in any sequels.

Thursday Next 01-13-16 04:37 PM

He could get kidnapped and rescued by Rey.

NedStark09 01-13-16 07:22 PM

I think the whole purpose of Finn getting so battered and rey looking so powerful is that what need does rey have for Finn. She kinda left him there when he would have waited for her to at least wake up. Anyways my point is that rey will need Finn and my belief is kylo will beat her so badly she could seem dead. I think this will be Finns movie to play the hero.

gandalf26 01-20-16 05:56 PM

Looks like release date is getting pushed back 7 months to Xmas 2017, rumours that script being re written.

SilentVamp 01-20-16 07:07 PM

Well, that's a major disappointment. I, for one, just feel like "Star Wars" is more of a Summer movie than a Winter one. I was looking forward to that coming out at that time. So, despite whatever reasons they have for doing this (whether it really is the script or something else), are we to assume that they will release Episode IX during Christmas, too?

I am really wondering if they are just planning on releasing any, and all, Star Wars films during Christmastime from now on. After all, "Rogue One" is going to be released at Christmas. I know that the supposed Han Solo film is listed for May 2018, but now I wonder if they would push that back, too.

Used Future 02-03-16 04:38 PM

I was a bit disappointed by the largely uninspired, and somewhat messy The Force Awakens. Not irredeemably terrible, just overly safe with far too many similarities to A New Hope. Almost certain it won't stand up to repeat viewings. Also thought it a massive shame that they killed off the brightest member of the original cast despite Abrams' reasoning. Fisher was utterly awful this time out, so hopefully Hamill can step up to the plate and bring some much needed charisma. Curiously Ford is listed in the cast for part VIII which is most likely a smokescreen, but who knows. He was the most entertaining thing with all the best lines in the The Force Awakens.

I'm glad they're bringing in another director for this installment because I'm not much of a JJ Abrams fan. That said I didn't like Rian Johnson's films Brick and Looper either so am not filled with confidence by that choice. I just hope they can take the series into new narrative territory next time around. Young characters that don't become Jedi masters overnight would be nice too.

The_Coon 02-04-16 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by SilentVamp (Post 1443425)
Well, that's a major disappointment. I, for one, just feel like "Star Wars" is more of a Summer movie than a Winter one. I was looking forward to that coming out at that time. So, despite whatever reasons they have for doing this (whether it really is the script or something else), are we to assume that they will release Episode IX during Christmas, too?

I am really wondering if they are just planning on releasing any, and all, Star Wars films during Christmastime from now on. After all, "Rogue One" is going to be released at Christmas. I know that the supposed Han Solo film is listed for May 2018, but now I wonder if they would push that back, too.
Avengers infinity war part 2 is being released May 2019 do you really think Disney will put those 2 behemoths that close

NedStark09 02-04-16 09:21 AM

May 18 would work for a han solo movie and would not effect Avengers part 1 which is out 2019. Han Solo would be big no matter what more so then Rogue One really. Them moving Solo would depend on what Comic book Would be out during memorial day. That date has always bee X=Men something or Spiderman release date.

rexertea 02-21-16 06:23 AM

Stars Wars - whether it is the movies or the television series from the 80-90s, it still has got the same popularity. Amazing

The Rodent 05-19-16 09:32 PM

Just some crappy fan art from me.

http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/...pspn2tweyb.png

Friendly Mushroom! 05-19-16 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 1517944)
Don't humble yourself, its fine. :)

Could use less shadow around the edges maybe.

The Rodent 05-22-16 05:20 AM

Star Wars Episode 8, detail leak! The video has vanished almost as soon as it appeared, but it appeared online a few moments ago with someone filming a poster of the possible title for Ep8.
And I saw it.

Spoilers ahead.

WARNING: " Ep8 Title" spoilers below

Star Wars Episode VIII: The Fall Of The Resistance.

NedStark09 05-22-16 01:53 PM

Idk still think pull of the dark side sounds better.that spoiler title sounds too empire strikes back like.

NextScorsese 05-25-16 12:26 PM

Don't ever believe all of that plot leak crap you see online, have you read all of the totally legit plot leaks of TFA, see how legit they were.
It's just someone or some people that are desperate for ad revenue.

NedStark09 05-25-16 02:44 PM

There couldnt be that much far too fall for the resistence since the government planet that supported that Senate side was blown up and no I dont think they blew up Corusant because we would have seen the jedi temple too make it more impactful.

wiggywonka 05-25-16 04:13 PM

Hopefully we get more info on who Snoke is in the 8th movie. Also I hope kylo ren is stronger in the new movie because he was very disappointing in the force awakens

NedStark09 05-25-16 05:37 PM

I wonder if they will Have Vader Stopping Laser Blasts in Rogue One just too show and dark force user could stop a laser blast like from Poe s gun. Its Just George Likely never had the idea or the effects too try.

NextScorsese 05-25-16 11:11 PM

I think Kylo was supposed to be dissapointing, because when Rey read his mind she said that he was afraid that he would never be as strong as Darth Vader, he's a peacock, he's not the big tough guy he pretends to be, I thought it was a really neat and new idea and I loved it.

TONGO 05-25-16 11:16 PM

They need to kill off this Kylo idiot and bring in a cool heavy. Maybe the reincarnation of Darth Maul!? Hell yeah, get the Red Woman! :yup:

NextScorsese 05-25-16 11:33 PM

But isn't it a bit refreshing seeing a villain that isn't in complete control, that can mess up, a more relatable character.

And for the cool heavy, we still have Captain Phasma, Rian Johnson said she would get a bigger part in this one. Or maybe even TR8R, he was awesome.

NextScorsese 05-25-16 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 1521282)
They need to kill off this Kylo idiot and bring in a cool heavy. Maybe the reincarnation of Darth Maul!? Hell yeah, get the Red Woman! :yup:
They already reincarnated Maul in the Clone Wars show, and don't you know, if you reuse an idea, it doesn't matter what new things you bring to it, its still the most unforgivable thing you can do in a movie.

TONGO 05-25-16 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by NextScorsese (Post 1521295)
But isn't it a bit refreshing seeing a villain that isn't in complete control, that can mess up, a more relatable character.
Even if thats their goal imo the actor cast is nowhere strong enough to pull that off. I wasnt refreshed, but disappointed. If hes Han Solos son he couldve been the darkside with the swag, but no.

NedStark09 05-26-16 01:38 AM

Better yet have Darth Bane or Darth Raven resurrected or cloned. I think the thing is Kylo or Ben has no personality but the one he gives off when he is in his mask. When Ren is not Masked he is not the same. Most likely affraid too she any feelings around Snoke. Im guessing even there is the Knights I do believe Ben is very lonely for all he does is talk too helmet in secret about his feelings.

RonnyLoomis 06-13-16 07:43 PM

Kylo is too underrated, I look forward to seeing her rise!

The Rodent 09-12-16 01:32 PM

Episode 8 has finished filming. Over a year of special effects to do now.

NedStark09 09-12-16 02:53 PM

I doubt its gonna take a company like ILM to do the effects. I imagine there will be reshoots for all movies have some things directors want too touch up and then you gotta go into the whole going into a booth to redo all your lines for when you do actual filming there is so much noise and unexpected back ground problems so redubbing happens.

Hitchcockian97 09-29-16 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by NextScorsese (Post 1521279)
I think Kylo was supposed to be dissapointing, because when Rey read his mind she said that he was afraid that he would never be as strong as Darth Vader, he's a peacock, he's not the big tough guy he pretends to be, I thought it was a really neat and new idea and I loved it.
That was exactly how I saw it too. He wasn't supposed to be the new "big bad", he is a weak, insecure and not completely evil young man with low self-esteem, who desperately pretends to be something he's not. To me he kind of felt like the Star Wars version of Prince Zuko from the Avatar: The Last Airbender animated series.

Sexy Celebrity 12-27-16 06:47 PM

WARNING: "Force Awakens" spoilers below
At the end of The Force Awakens, Han Solo died.

Carrie Fisher died in real life today. I imagine they might kill off Princess Leia now. Maybe.

With both Han and Leia dead, might as well kill off Luke Skywalker, too. I could see all three of them dead by the time Episode IX is over. To me, it just now seems fitting that all three of the originals will die, since one of them already died in the movie, and the other just died in real life.

Nope1172 12-27-16 07:13 PM

Here is my prediction for what they will do about Carrie Fisher in Episode VIII
WARNING: "Force Awakens Spoilers" spoilers below
When Rey returns from Luke's island, Leia will be on her death bed. They will use CGI to bring back Carrie Fisher, the two will have a heart to heart and then Leia will die.

Nope1172 12-27-16 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1620311)
At the end of The Force Awakens, Han Solo died.

Carrie Fisher died in real life today. I imagine they might kill off Princess Leia now. Maybe.

With both Han and Leia dead, might as well kill off Luke Skywalker, too. I could see all three of them dead by the time Episode IX is over. To me, it just now seems fitting that all three of the originals will die, since one of them already died in the movie, and the other just died in real life.
I don't think they'll kill off Luke, because if they did, the only character from the originals they would have left would be Chewie and the droids.

Sexy Celebrity 12-27-16 07:21 PM

I really don't want to see a CGI Carrie Fisher. I hope they just change the story around and work with what they have without ending Princess Leia's story with CGI. I find the idea of a computer pretending to be her really creepy. Something I just couldn't buy. It's not her.

AdamUpBxtch 12-27-16 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Nope1172 (Post 1620318)
Here is my prediction for what they will do about Carrie Fisher in Episode VIII
WARNING: "Force Awakens Spoilers" spoilers below
When Rey returns from Luke's island, Leia will be on her death bed. They will use CGI to bring back Carrie Fisher, the two will have a heart to heart and then Leia will die.
You do realize they've already finished shooting Episode 8 right? Its been done with principle photography since July.

WARNING: "Potential Spoilers" spoilers below
If anything this suppose death scene you are describing will be in Episode 9 or they'll add it in at the end of Episode 8, but that's highly doubtful. Episode 8 is gonna be pretty dark so maybe they were already planning to kill her anyways.

Nope1172 12-27-16 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1620323)
I really don't want to see a CGI Carrie Fisher. I hope they just change the story around and work with what they have without ending Princess Leia's story with CGI. I find the idea of a computer pretending to be her really creepy. Something I just couldn't buy. It's not her.
I don't want a CGI Carrie Fisher either, but I don't think they would kill her off screen.

Sexy Celebrity 12-27-16 07:32 PM

They should kill her offscreen. Everyone knows the woman is dead. Let's honor her by not turning her into a macabre CGI puppet. But of course, this is Star Wars we're talking about.

Nope1172 12-27-16 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1620332)
They should kill her offscreen. Everyone knows the woman is dead. Let's honor her by not turning her into a macabre CGI puppet. But of course, this is Star Wars we're talking about.
I agree with you that they should, but I don't think they will.

doubledenim 12-28-16 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1620323)
I really don't want to see a CGI Carrie Fisher.
Umm...How about a cgi 19 year old Carrie Fisher?