Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Forums Site Stuff (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   MoFo Fantasy Football 2020 - Regular Season (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=62263)

Holden Pike 08-29-20 05:20 PM

MoFo Fantasy Football 2020 - Regular Season

1 Attachment(s)

For what it's worth (and that ain't much), my draft grade was an A- and I am "projected" to go 13-0 and win the league. Of course that and $2.50 will get you a bus ride across town, but still.

I can only disappoint!

7thson 08-29-20 06:57 PM

Re: MoFo Fantasy Football 2020 - Sign-Ups

Got a C on my report card, but doing more with less is the story of my life :).

TONGO 08-29-20 07:26 PM

I didnt plan on drafting Tom Brady. I didnt even plan. I have argued Manning over Brady for years and LOATHED the Patriots ever since they ran up the score on teams so unmercifully that one season. I rolled my eyes when hearing Brady & Gronk were coming to Tampa, and dont think the Buccaneers offensive line capable of giving any QB a chance.

Sitting there in Round 6 I started thinking about it, but when Wylde Wolves grabbed Drew Brees I decided on it.

Brady to Godwin does sound like a nice connector. Should it be named "Bradwin" or "Goddy"? Ugh, I feel dirty with a side of hypocrisy.

Ezekiel Elliott and Todd Gurley on the same football team has a stupid high ceiling potential, but I was burned bad by Gurley last year. BAD! Between drafting him in the first round and Drew Brees missing most the season I ended up last place.

Has anyone ever followed last place with a championship win the next year? Let me just enjoy that fantasy until week 1 comes.

Wyldesyde19 08-29-20 07:36 PM

😎
Your welcome.

jiraffejustin 08-29-20 08:37 PM

I feel pretty good about my top three backs, even though I don't know how I feel about drafting three back to start the draft. I have Devin Singletary higher than most, so I kinda felt forced into taking him third. I didn't feel I had an option at another position to match the value. I am not high on my WR group unless CeeDee or Slayton really hit. AJ Green is a dangerous pick because he could either be rejuvenated by all the time off and the new QB or he could be over the hill. I like Metcalf, so hopefully he provides better than fourth round value for me. I really like Tyler Higbee, I think he could end up being way more valuable than where I drafted him at. Same for Rodgers and maybe even Cam. If Rodgers goes out and starts crotch-chopping the league, I'll be doing alright. I think the guy that could end being a dark horse factor for my team is Ryquell Armstead if Fournette and the Jags fall out like they always seem to be close to doing. I'm projected to go 3-10, but I think my team is better than that. It's more likely that I'll do what I've been averaging the last four seasons I played which is a game above or below .500.

7thson 08-29-20 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 2120769)

Brady to Godwin does sound like a nice connector. Should it be named "Bradwin" or "Goddy"? Ugh, I feel dirty with a side of hypocrisy.

BOGDAN

jiraffejustin 08-29-20 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by 7thson (Post 2120785)
BOGDAN
https://nba.nbcsports.com/wp-content...0&h=343&crop=1

Wyldesyde19 08-29-20 09:30 PM

Picking 8th obviously meant I was going to have to dig deep in this draft. A few notes:
1) mistakenly grabbed Chubb. When Dalvin cook Was in the board. I missed his name somehow. The person behind me grabbed him and I went “wtf?!”
2) that being said, I’m still happy with the RB’s that fell to me.
3) WR’s...not so much. They’re ok, nothing great though.
4). TE position...I waited too long to grab a decent TE and didn’t get any that I had my eye on. That’s ok, I don’t put much value at that position anyways.
5). Grabbed Brees, made Tongo draft Brady. No complaints.

I’m rated at C Which is what I had already rated myself anyways. I’ll likely hit the waivers if the WR’s don’t Produce much, but over all...it’s not terrible.

Yoda 08-30-20 11:26 AM

Don't worry about the grade too much, those things are notoriously goofy. I'm not sure I've ever gotten a good one. It's been interesting wanting them try to automate fantasy analysis over the years. Some of it's kind of okay but most of it's a mess.

Anyway, welcome to the league! :) Be forewarned 90% of the talk is each owner complaining about injuries and/or screaming about how random it is they played one guy over another.

Powdered Water 08-31-20 01:43 PM

Jacksonville just cut Leonard Fournette. Right before the season. Gonna win lots of superbowls making moves like that right before the season. Was prepared to draft him at 43, but he was gone as was Ingram who 7th snatched from me at 42. Fournette went a little early so depending on where he lands he could really turn into a stud. He had over 1100 yards last year. The guy can run. Crazy stuff. Please don't try to explain what Jacksonville is doing. They don't know what they are doing. I gotta wonder if some terrible story is about to break on Fournette. If there isn't? Wow. Great move guys.

Holden Pike 08-31-20 02:08 PM

Yeah, I was doing a couple mock drafts ahead of the draft for my other league this Thursday and I saw his status change almost live. Went to N/A.

Powdered Water 08-31-20 02:17 PM

Hope he comes to Seattle. The last disgruntled running back they brought to town worked out pretty well for them.

jiraffejustin 08-31-20 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by jiraffejustin (Post 2120784)
I think the guy that could end being a dark horse factor for my team is Ryquell Armstead if Fournette and the Jags fall out like they always seem to be close to doing.
Please let Ryquell Armstead get the starting job and make me look like the biggest genius in the world.

The Jaguars are an incredibly stupidly ran team.

Yoda 08-31-20 04:22 PM

Off to a great start:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...90433659797511
This is like identical to the Verlander injury news I got right after taking him with my first rounder. Though in this case I specifically moved down in the draft just beforehand.

Wheeeeee.

jiraffejustin 08-31-20 04:26 PM

I have announcement to make: from now on Ryquell Armstead will be known as Nyquil Armstead because he is now the sleeper of the year and I will win the championship.

Regarding Kamara: @Yoda nice.

Powdered Water 08-31-20 07:03 PM

So if I'm getting this right Fournette has been put to waivers and is only getting paid about 4 m's this year. How does the actual NFL waiver system work? I might have to go read up on this. Can't believe he'll clear. Does Jacksonville get some kind of compensation if he's claimed? At least if that happens they'll get a little something for him. Wow. What a crazy decision.

7thson 08-31-20 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2120854)
Be forewarned 90% of the talk is each owner complaining about injuries and/or screaming about how random it is they played one guy over another.
I am pretty sure this is 100% of what you do ;).

Wyldesyde19 09-02-20 09:10 PM

Sanu released by Patriots. I can’t recall if anyone drafted him in our league.

Holden Pike 09-02-20 10:53 PM

Looks like Fournette is going to Tampa Bay.

jiraffejustin 09-02-20 11:03 PM

Great for Fournette and the Bucs. Bad for the rest of the league.

Powdered Water 09-03-20 07:26 PM

Fournette caught a lot of passes last year. He stays healthy he may have the best year he's ever had. Wow

Captain Spaulding 09-04-20 11:48 AM

Re: MoFo Fantasy Football 2020 - Regular Season

I'm fairly pleased with how the draft played out. For once I was able to land many of the players whom I was targeting. I completed five or six mocks beforehand and in only one of them did James Conner fall to me at the end of the second round, so I was pleasantly surprised that he was there for the taking in our league. I think the Pittsburgh skill players are going to be a great return on investment this season as long as Big Ben stays healthy. I seem to end up with Mike Evans every year. I don't expect his numbers to fluctuate so wildly this season (last year he'd follow up a doughnut with 40+ points), even if his weekly ceiling is lower without Winston blindly chucking deep bombs into double coverage. Robert Woods isn't a sexy player, but he's good for 90+ receptions and 1200 yards. Even if he remains unlucky in the TD department, I'll be happy with that level of production from my WR2. I'm high on Will Fuller this season now that Hopkins has left town. He should be Watson's favorite target. It's just a matter of staying on the field.

J.K. Dobbins is going to be a fantasy stud in the very near future. It might not happen this season with Ingram still leading the backfield, but I think Dobbins will see enough action to at least serve as a decent flex with the potential of much, much more. Alexander Mattison and Latavius Murray are back-ups who could lead fantasy owners to a championship should they find themselves in a starting role, and the odds of that occurring aren't insignificant given the contract status/injury history of Dalvin Cook and Kamara. Chis Thompson is typically an afterthought on draft day, but he's a nice reserve come byes/injuries due to his PPR skills. With Fournette gone and the Jags likely to be playing catch-up most weeks, he could rack up some decent garbage-time production.

I got screwed at TE a little bit. I had my eye on several dudes in the mid-to-late rounds but landed none of them. Gesicki had decent numbers last year and will hopefully improve upon them this season, but I still consider TE my weakest position (along with thin WR depth). I probably should've drafted Ertz in the 5th round, which I strongly considered at the time before opting for Kyler Murray instead. If the trend is to continue of second-year QBs having MVP-caliber seasons (Wentz, Mahomes, Jackson), then Murray is the guy to do it. He was a sneaky good fantasy QB last season due to his rushing stats. With another year of development and arguably the best WR in the league now at his disposal, the ceiling is extremely high. I don't think it was smart to pick him over more proven commodities like Prescott and Watson, however, and I already feel some buyer's remorse about that.

Captain Spaulding 09-04-20 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2121132)
Though in this case I specifically moved down in the draft just beforehand.
I didn't know that swapping draft spots was even an option. I'll have to remember that in the future.

Curious what your thinking was and if your plan paid off. Seems odd to me to trade back just two spots into the draft. I assumed there must be some player you were targeting in the second round whom you were worried might not fall to you, but then you selected Allen Robinson with that pick when I think there's a good chance he would've still been available to you in the 3rd.

Yoda 09-04-20 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Spaulding (Post 2122070)
Curious what your thinking was and if your plan paid off. Seems odd to me to trade back just two spots into the draft. I assumed there must be some player you were targeting in the second round whom you were worried might not fall to you, but then you selected Allen Robinson with that pick when I think there's a good chance he would've still been available to you in the 3rd.
My thinking was I didn't like Barkley that much more than EE or Kamara, thought he had a little more upside but a little more risk and I'd rather have those two slots in the second. I was specifically targeting Robinson, realistically, and wasn't convinced I'd necessarily get him otherwise.

It's pretty easy to imagine this blowing up in my face, of course, since Barkley's very talented, but there were some rumblings about him missing a game and while I'm still pretty bullish on that offense, there's plenty of questions, and I'd rather look for my upside/risk in the middle rounds.

Yoda 09-04-20 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Spaulding (Post 2122067)
I'm fairly pleased with how the draft played out. For once I was able to land many of the players whom I was targeting.
Yeah, highest compliment I can pay, as always, is 3-4 of the guys you got were guys I was probably taking next. :up: I think at one point in the chat I just typed "GET OUT OF MY HEAD SPAULDING." But I'm used to that by now.

Originally Posted by Captain Spaulding (Post 2122067)
I got screwed at TE a little bit. I had my eye on several dudes in the mid-to-late rounds but landed none of them. Gesicki had decent numbers last year and will hopefully improve upon them this season, but I still consider TE my weakest position (along with thin WR depth). I probably should've drafted Ertz in the 5th round, which I strongly considered at the time before opting for Kyler Murray instead. If the trend is to continue of second-year QBs having MVP-caliber seasons (Wentz, Mahomes, Jackson), then Murray is the guy to do it. He was a sneaky good fantasy QB last season due to his rushing stats. With another year of development and arguably the best WR in the league now at his disposal, the ceiling is extremely high. I don't think it was smart to pick him over more proven commodities like Prescott and Watson, however, and I already feel some buyer's remorse about that.
I thought you were going Ertz, yeah. Was genuinely surprised when you took Murray, but I see the idea. It's a big bet. But yeah, I figured Prescott would be higher on your list even with that upside, since the floor is so much higher. But I get it.

I was probably going Ertz there, too, but he went one spot before me. In fact, in the 5th I had a bunch of targets I all liked and I think all of them went in the half dozen picks before me. So it goes. Gallup's a decent consolation prize there at least.

Captain Spaulding 09-04-20 12:24 PM

I'm drafting first overall in my other league as well this weekend and I'm tempted to take Barkley. That way I'm not doomed in both leagues if McCaffrey goes down with an injury. I remember reading in a fantasy article awhile back that Barkley outscored McCaffrey during the last month of the season, when Barkley was finally close to 100% healthy after being banged-up most of the season. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Barkley finishes as the #1 RB this year. I think he'll be extra motivated after last year's relative disappointment, and new Giants OC Jason Garrett always did well by Zeke.

But then I look at McCaffrey's stats last season and he was in a tier of his own, and that was with a bunch of bums at QB, so it's hard not to just stick with the consensus #1.

Yoda 09-04-20 12:49 PM

Yeah, I'd stick with him, but I get the meta logic there. Sometimes it's about winning leagues overall as opposed to winning each league individually. I'm just in one this year, though, but I've been in that boat before.

Wyldesyde19 09-04-20 01:54 PM

I see Adrian Peterson has been released now.

Sedai 09-04-20 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Wyldesyde19 (Post 2122129)
I see Adrian Peterson has been released now.
Saw that. He was way down on my depth chart as it was, but I will hang on to him for now, in case he lands on a team that might use him for 12-15 carries per game or so. I might need him for a buy week!

TONGO 09-05-20 01:38 PM

Before the season begins, does anyone feel a certain team in our fantasy league is the favorite to win? Either people will say themselves or whoever Yahoo picked, in that order.

7thson 09-06-20 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 2122368)
Before the season begins, does anyone feel a certain team in our fantasy league is the favorite to win? Either people will say themselves or whoever Yahoo picked, in that order.
Pretty sure it is my team ;).

I say this because of my kicker.

He is going to break a record this year. Most 50+ fgs.

A shoe in (get it, a shoe....).

7thson 09-08-20 08:21 PM

Anyone up for some prop' bets?.

Just for bragging rights, but thought it might be cool.

Yoda 09-09-20 09:13 AM

What'd you have in mind?

Holden Pike 09-09-20 04:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
As inconsequential as it may sound the pick I was probably most excited to make was Justin Tucker. Living in Maryland not only is he the best statistical kicker in the league but he has that local pull. One of the people in my other league, which I am now entering my fifth year of play, always takes Tucker. Early. This year she took him with her THIRD pick, the 23rd overall pick in our 10-team league. Which is nuts. But it means obviously nobody else ever has a chance at getting him. With the point totals much lower in this league than my other (we use two more position spots and full PPR) I am hoping the strong foot and those 50+ boomers of Mr. Tucker may be the difference that puts me just over the top for a few victories this year. When he was still on the board as my ninth pick I just HAD to go for him. I ALMOST pulled the trigger with my 8th pick for him but breathed a sigh of relief when he was still there for nine.

If I get a few weeks where he winds up with 20 or more points - which he does every year - compared to my opponent who maybe only gets a single-digit performance out of their K I am going to be sitting pretty.

jiraffejustin 09-09-20 07:30 PM

As a Longhorn fan, I love me some Justin Tucker. This is always who Justin Tucker is to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UFJ..._channel=Navix

TONGO 09-09-20 08:38 PM

Many owners laugh at those that put any value to a kicker, but not me. I know Sebastian Janikowski saved my skin on more than one occasion. Btw, Al Davis drafted him in the first round. That guy might have known a little bit about football.

Wyldesyde19 09-09-20 09:35 PM

I can attest to the benefit of a strong Kicker. For years I always grabbed Elam from Denver. In 2004, he was good for at least 15 points a game due to his foot.
I rode him and Tomlinson to a 11-3 record, after a 2-3 start, and blew it in the first round because I failed to replace him when he was on a bye.
I lost 83-71. 12 points! A kicker could have possibly changed that outcome!
I still don’t know what happened, as I swear I had replaced him. I have yet to get over that.

7thson 09-10-20 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2123217)
What'd you have in mind?

Basic stuff, but anything really.

Who gets most TDs for reg season, at QB, RB, WR?

1st top 20 RB (or even top 10) to get injured (out for two or more games).

Who in our FF league will have longest win streak. How many wins?

How many Brady to Gronk passes will there be in Tampa's first game, complete Or incomplete both count?

Stuff like that

Maybe we could come up with a few more.

Either way, kinda excited more than normal for football this year, both FF and just watching games.

Holden Pike 09-10-20 07:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't know how I'm supposed to make up this insurmountable projected spread...?

TONGO 09-10-20 10:56 AM

I think you'll win Holden because I pity your opponents QB having to go against San Francisco. The 49rs are very sore about giving away last years Super Bowl. They may be dialed-in to win right out of the gate.

THE GREAT FLEX ADVENTURE
Episode I

My roster seems solid, except my Flex spot. Thankfully Kerryon Johnson will be the starting RB week 1 for Detroit, Jalen Reagor and Deebo Samuel are Questionable. Jalen is practicing in full though so he may play. Kerryons gonna be a temporary option, and when Jalen & Deebo are 100% I may have a tough time choosing in the future.

Yoda 09-10-20 11:58 AM

Quick note, I've turned on "ADD INJURED PLAYERS DIRECTLY TO AN INJURY SLOT." It's a good setting we've used in baseball for awhile, just means if there's a guy on IR you can pick them up and put them right in that slot. It's silly this wasn't a thing from the beginning.

Thankfully I noticed before the season started, and thankfully there's nobody really significant or valuable that fits this criteria, so I assume there's no objection or issue, but as always, lemme know if you disagree.

Sedai 09-10-20 12:53 PM

My league names this year, all based on player names I have in each of the leagues (of which i am in too many...again)

Chark Week
Oh Saquon You See
Paranormal Kuptivity (Damned 20 character linit)
Right Turn, Clyde

Holden Pike 09-10-20 04:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh, the tide is already turning...!

As we get closer to kickoff the numbers have adjusted once again. I have gone from a .25-point underdog to the runaway .28-point favorite.

My league domination begins.

7thson 09-10-20 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by 7thson (Post 2123481)
Basic stuff, but anything really.

Who gets most TDs for reg season, at QB, RB, WR?

1st top 20 RB (or even top 10) to get injured (out for two or more games).

Who in our FF league will have longest win streak. How many wins?

How many Brady to Gronk passes will there be in Tampa's first game, complete Or incomplete both count?

Stuff like that

Maybe we could come up with a few more.

Either way, kinda excited more than normal for football this year, both FF and just watching games.
So my guesses:

Most TDs
QB - 41, by L. Jackson
RB - 14, by E. Elliott
WR - 17, J.J.S.S.

Inured RB - D. Cook

Longest winning Streak - Censored Clowns with 6

Passes between Brady and Gronk - 9

7thson 09-10-20 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Holden Pike (Post 2123635)

My league domination begins.

If by domination you mean dominating the last 4 places then I am with you ;).

Holden Pike 09-11-20 06:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Dagnabbit. I have to test the depth of my bench right out of the frippin' gate. Looks like my top two wideouts will be scratches here for Week One.

Powdered Water 09-11-20 07:14 PM

Ouchy.

7thson 09-11-20 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Holden Pike (Post 2123973)
Dagnabbit. I have to test the depth of my bench right out of the frippin' gate. Looks like my top two wideouts will be scratches here for Week One.

Sutton is a surprise, maybe he will be ok?

7thson 09-11-20 09:09 PM

KCs 4 sacks kinda suck for me. w/o that they have nothing. ;)

Wyldesyde19 09-11-20 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by 7thson (Post 2124024)
Yeah, that’s my D.
Yay early 7 point lead that will quickly evaporate come Sunday 🤨😒

TONGO 09-12-20 06:55 PM

The last day I can somewhat realistically justify I have a powerhouse team and will run away with the league championship, trophy, and that $200 I gave away in the Fantasy Baseball league a couple years ago.

Just kidding about the money, but uh, yeah.

Captain Spaulding 09-12-20 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Holden Pike (Post 2123973)

To balance the playing field a bit, I'm likely going to be without Mike Evans. He was upgraded from doubtful to questionable today, but his game is at 4:25 and all my replacement options play early. You'd think with no preseason that teams would have a clean bill of health for week one, but there's a lot of high-profile players that are either questionable or already ruled out for this week.

Yoda 09-12-20 09:01 PM

Yeah, seems like more than usual, but maybe not. Dunno.

TONGO 09-13-20 08:28 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Are you ready for some Football?

Doing pics on my phone has been challenging, sorry they're just attachments.
Really dig the Assassins Creed NFL one.

rauldc14 09-13-20 08:50 AM

I wasn't pumped for it to be honest, but I actually am today. We will see how I feel not playing fantasy for cash for the first time in 19 years.

7thson 09-13-20 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by rauldc14 (Post 2124308)
I wasn't pumped for it to be honest, but I actually am today. We will see how I feel not playing fantasy for cash for the first time in 19 years.
It is not too late lets draft now ;).

Sedai 09-13-20 11:01 AM

My depth will also be tested, in that I don't have any. Stay healthy all season, guys! Yea, right.

Looks like Henderson will play this week, so Akers is a giant question mark. Going to sit him for now, since he is listed as number 3 on the depth chart. Will be placing my flex hopes on Mr. Brown in BUF instead.

MovieGal 09-13-20 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by 7thson (Post 2124024)

Wyldesyde19 09-13-20 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by MovieGal (Post 2124334)
Clear some space in your messages. Can’t respond 😜

Yoda 09-13-20 02:09 PM

FUBBLE

Yoda 09-13-20 02:21 PM

Terrible announcing already in midseason form, with one guy saying "the amount of ability he has" instead of just "ability."

Wyldesyde19 09-13-20 02:28 PM

Browns gonna Brown with that fake punt. Good to see somethings haven’t changed.

Yoda 09-13-20 02:30 PM

You know a year or two ago I mocked someone for thinking the Browns would suck, even with all their talented new young players, because they're "the Browns." I still know, intellectually, there's nothing to it...but man if my faith in that intellectualization isn't tested more with each year.

Wyldesyde19 09-13-20 02:46 PM

Silly Yoda. Never doubt the Browns ability to bewilder us with plays such as the debacle we just witnessed.

cricket 09-13-20 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 2120769)
I have argued Manning over Brady for years
I remember that. It was the ultimate example of futility.:D

Yoda 09-13-20 03:17 PM

Agreed, but probably not for the reason you mean. :D

7thson 09-13-20 03:24 PM

Manning always did more with less. Including coaching.

The Browns have the correct name, just saying.

7thson 09-13-20 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by 7thson (Post 2124371)
The Browns have the correct name, just saying.

They kneel right before halftime with a 24-6 deficit - seriously?

Just saying if my team did that I would be sad.

Wyldesyde19 09-13-20 04:10 PM

Kicking myself for benching Goedert in favor for Graham. Bone headed move. I went back and forth all week before the switch thinking Graham wouldn’t have to share TE duties, while Goedert would lose opportunities to Ertz.
Gah

Yoda 09-13-20 04:12 PM

Yeah, that always sucks. Early in the season there's tons of coin flip kinda decisions like that. Honestly, it's at the point where sometimes I even draft or manage the team a little differently in hopes of avoiding those, since I'm not convinced it's even a skill to make those kinds of marginal judgments, most of the time.

Wyldesyde19 09-13-20 04:22 PM

Also, Jackson is absolutely destroying me

Wyldesyde19 09-13-20 04:25 PM

Aaaand Chubb just lost a fumble.
🤨😒😑

Yoda 09-13-20 04:29 PM

Oof. The worst thing about those is how often coaches lose faith in a clearly superior player based on a couple of fumbles, especially early on or in big moments.

Yoda 09-13-20 04:30 PM

Yay Thielen. My team's first TD of any kind today, disconcertingly late, but I'll take it. :laugh:

Wyldesyde19 09-13-20 04:46 PM

Graham reminds Trubitsky he still exists.
I’ll take it

Yoda 09-13-20 05:02 PM

https://twitter.com/RossRichendrfer/...32982756659201

7thson 09-13-20 05:09 PM

Ingram, where you at?

Wyldesyde19 09-13-20 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by 7thson (Post 2124399)
Ingram, where you at?
Dobbins stole his touches. Including the Touchdowns

jiraffejustin 09-13-20 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2124355)
You know a year or two ago I mocked someone for thinking the Browns would suck, even with all their talented new young players, because they're "the Browns." I still know, intellectually, there's nothing to it...but man if my faith in that intellectualization isn't tested more with each year.
That's the problem with you big brained folks. You think you're so smart because you have arguments and thoughts and intelligence. The Browns suck because they are the Browns, but you brainy folks think that talent will change that because logic or whatever.

Yoda 09-13-20 05:31 PM

Yes. I see the light now.

7thson 09-13-20 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by jiraffejustin (Post 2124401)
That's the problem with you big brained folks. You think you're so smart because you have arguments and thoughts and intelligence. The Browns suck because they are the Browns, but you brainy folks think that talent will change that because logic or whatever.

Ahhh, also know as the Jets syndrome.

jiraffejustin 09-13-20 06:24 PM

I'm gonna say this now while it's still true: Leonard Fournette has more yards with the Jaguars this year than he does the Bucs.

Yoda 09-13-20 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by jiraffejustin (Post 2124412)
I'm gonna say this now while it's still true: Leonard Fournette has more yards with the Jaguars this year than he does the Bucs.
Savage. I love it.

Yoda 09-13-20 06:51 PM

Oh man, after that incomplete you can 100% hear Brady yelling "f**k you 22, you bitch, f**k you!" Clear as day on the broadcast.

jiraffejustin 09-13-20 07:05 PM

Gonna have to pump in a few more decibels of crowd noise to cover that up.

TONGO 09-13-20 08:11 PM

Jimmy Garrapolo might end up being my starting QB, cause at this stage in his career Bradys #s arent fantasy worthy. You sir are no Peyton Manning. Brady to waivers FTW! :)

Captain Spaulding 09-14-20 03:42 PM

I saw the reports around noon yesterday that Mike Evans would likely suit up, but he was expected to be on a pitch count and used mostly as a decoy. Last year he had a doughnut against the Saints even when healthy, so I chose to leave him on my bench due to all the uncertainty. He was held without a catch until late in the game when he grabbed a 2-yard TD. Those few points might be the difference in me winning or losing this week, since I chose the worst option from my bench to replace him: Chris Thompson (2 catches for 6 yards). :sick:

I thought Thompson would have an easy path to touches, with Fournette released and the next two RBs on the depth chart currently on IR. The Jags are also supposed to be tanking and playing from behind every week, which should lead to a pass-catching RB like Thompson racking up cheap points late in games. At least that was my line of thinking. He also had the highest projection, which probably factored into my decision. I'd forgotten that Minshew Mania was a thing for a reason. (I also picked the Colts in Survivor Football, so the Jags really stuck it to me this weekend.)

Now I have to sweat it out through both MNF games. I'm currently projected to win by 7 points, but that can change with one play. If Connor matches or outscores Barkley, I should be good, but Holden also has Phillip Lindsey in the late game going against my Titans defense. Easy to see my defense falling short of projections and Lindsey falling into the end zone.

Ah, the stress and frustrations of fantasy football, how I've missed thee!

Win or lose, I feel good about my team going forward. Very reassuring to see Kyler Murray have such a great showing against a formidable Niners defense. I've been beating myself up a bit for not drafting the safer Prescott, but as of now it looks like I made the right choice. It's a tad annoying seeing so many double digits on my bench when I started a guy who scored 1.6 points, but it's encouraging that my bench is already performing well.

Powdered Water 09-14-20 04:04 PM

I took Jarwin kinda early because I was afraid he wouldn't make it around the horn again. One catch. Done for the year. Crazy. I didn't expect him to be like Andrews was last year for me. but I thought he'd be good anyway. Bummer.

TONGO 09-14-20 06:59 PM

Peteys offering me Big Ben for Brady. I probably wont being it's so early in the season, but I havent rejected it yet either.

Powdered Water 09-14-20 09:17 PM

Now Mack is done for the year and the kid that sort of fell to me may become a stud. If he can stay healthy. Am I going crazier than usual? Why does it seem like most guys are done for the year when they get hurt? Especially in the last few years.

Wyldesyde19 09-14-20 09:27 PM

Can Gordon score 30 points for tonight? Crazier things have happened.
I doubt it though.......

jiraffejustin 09-15-20 02:36 AM

I'm the highest scoring loser... continuing the trend of last year.

Holden Pike 09-15-20 05:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Originally Posted by Captain Spaulding (Post 2124614)
Now I have to sweat it out through both MNF games. I'm currently projected to win by 7 points, but that can change with one play. If Connor matches or outscores Barkley, I should be good, but Holden also has Phillip Lindsey in the late game going against my Titans defense. Easy to see my defense falling short of projections and Lindsey falling into the end zone.

Ah, the stress and frustrations of fantasy football, how I've missed thee!

No stress. You were safe as I made the classic blunder of starting a defense. Yes, that's right, if I had left my team defense slot blank I would have won. After all my other failings and bullshit the -4 the Vikings earned me against Aaron Rogers and company sunk me.

Sedai 09-15-20 09:40 AM

Well, crap. My gamble on A. Brown as a WR1 looks to have been a mistake. I am hoping this is just an anomaly, and that he gets going as the season progresses. Alas, starting the season 0-1. Bummer.

7thson 09-15-20 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Wyldesyde19 (Post 2124708)
Can Gordon score 30 points for tonight? Crazier things have happened.
I doubt it though.......

Can't say I was not worried.

Wyldesyde19 09-15-20 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by 7thson (Post 2124777)
Can't say I was not worried.
Good win. You killed me with QB and WR play. I had already identified WR as a weakness.
Not panicking yet, as it’s only week 1. The various WR I drafted did pick up plenty of yardage, so there is potential there.

Holden Pike 09-15-20 05:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Yeah, I am not pushing the panic button yet, either. I did at least find out that my backup wideout, Robby Anderson, is still capable of high ceilings from time to time. His unexpected 22.5 points kept me in the thick of things even when both of my two starting WRs were scratches. I wasn't really considering him as a flex position starter, but I sure am now. Assuming both of my receivers can get healthy here in the early goings.

I know The Giants are going to be pretty bad this year and that Pittsburgh was a tough Week 1 draw, but I expect over the year Saquon will be a good-to-great points generator. That Chris Carson had such a huge game is very encouraging. If he can get more routinely involved in the passing game that will give me a pair of potential RB1s.

Dak is Dak. Had his run into the endzone not been remarked down at the one yard line or that late ticky-tack call against Gallup had gone the other way he would have been absolutely fine, beat his projection, and carried me to victory. I was not super encouraged by the inconsistent play calls by the new Dallas regime (not going for the game-tying FG, then calling a series of dull draw plays when they needed to march down the field), but on balance he will be fine.

If Golladay and/or Sutton are able to get past these early issues I should be competitive every week.

In theory, anyway.

TONGO 09-15-20 06:14 PM

Yeah I'm 0-1 too.

Pleased with Ezekiel Elliott, 26.20 fps, but I lost my matchup because everyone else underperformed, not even hitting their projection. Brady doesn't count because his 24.46 fps were made possible due to garbage time. I'm gonna go against my instincts and be patient with him. Hes old and overrated but has the best receiving corps a QB could ask for around him, and even I think he'll end up doing better than Jameis Winston.

Only change I'm gonna make week 2 is putting a 2nd Tight End in my Flex, Detroits TJ Hockenson who scored 14.10 on my bench. Jalen Reagors playing hurt so they might be overly careful with him right now.

Other than that the best thing to do when everyone's playing badly is to just sit, wait, and hope. Oh boy! :)

Powdered Water 09-15-20 06:19 PM

Clearly, I have the best team in the league. I'm down to call this thing right now and save everybody the fits of depression the rest of the season is sure to bring everyone. I'm just thinking of you guys and your mental well being.

Wyldesyde19 09-15-20 09:11 PM

No surprise here, but Leveon Bell to the IR