Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Home Theater Questions & Information (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What is the best place to buy online DVDs? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=14509)

SocialShopping 11-16-07 11:54 AM

What is the best place to buy online DVDs?

What is the best place to buy online DVDs?

Yoda 11-16-07 11:56 AM

Re: Buy DVD

Pretty hard to beat Amazon, in my experience, though it depends on what you're looking for. There are a few sites that, every now and then, go nuts and offer a handful of DVDs at an outrageous sale for a short period of time.

mark f 11-16-07 12:34 PM

Re: What is the best place to buy online DVDs?

There may be some cheaper places, but since I use their super store down the street, I recommend DVD Planet.

Holden Pike 11-16-07 12:42 PM

Yeah, I'll second DVD PLanet. I've been shopping there on-line (and at their actual building whenever I was in L.A.) since the mid-1990s and I was buying LaserDiscs (DVDs weren't even on the market yet). Their prices are competitive with the other major online retailers and their service has always been aces with me.

http://www.dvdplanet.com/images/DVDPlanet_logo.jpg http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:...#37;5B1%5D.jpg

Urban Cowboy 11-16-07 10:51 PM

Well DVD Planet and Amazon are generally the best places, but if you really really want a certain DVD just shop all of the places. You'd be amazed by the differences in prices from site 2 site. If you don't mind used DVD's then ebay can be great. I mainly use Ebay for specialty packaging when I already own the DVD, i.e. Reservoir Dogs(4 10th anniversary and the 15th anniversary covers).

jrs 11-17-07 03:30 AM

I'd say Amazon as well.

Ðèstîñy 11-17-07 03:32 AM

Amazon.com! It's my homepage. hehe You can also find many on-line sites, through Amazon.

If you can't find a certain movie, at times, movie rental stores can special order them for you.

Now I must check out this DVD Planet. I've never heard of them.

adidasss 11-24-07 01:33 PM

Any European sites perchance?

Ðèstîñy 11-24-07 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by adidasss (Post 395511)
Any European sites perchance?
I'd "maybe" do better trying to find specific titles, before I could find a decent site. Is your list long? What are some of the titles you are looking for? I ran his name at Amazon.com, to see what all would come up, and
Caché
can be downloaded. I have no clue if that is one that you want, but are you willing to do that any?

adidasss 11-24-07 03:35 PM

I want everything but Caché and Funny games...the Kino box set looks great, but it's region one...

Tacitus 11-25-07 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by adidasss (Post 395530)
I want everything but Caché and Funny games...the Kino box set looks great, but it's region one...
I'd definitely get a multi region DVD player, adi. Make sure your TV can cope with NTSC first though - don't think that matters with LCD tellys but I'm still in the Stone Age and can't confirm.

I've picked up a load of stuff recently from eBay, all new and dirt cheap - Incident At Loch Ness for £5 including shipping from The States for example and a couple of hard to find (here) R3 Kitano DVDs for £10 each.

For rank and file movies I rarely buy online as there are loads of shops here with a good selection and a sale never far away but the online site I've used a lot in the past is Yesasia. ;)

JBriscoe 12-18-07 01:11 PM

dvdplanet.com
deepdiscount.com
hkflix.com
xpoitedcinema.com

all of these are reputable, reliable, and competitive...

Rusty Nail 12-30-07 08:56 PM

Amazon is usually the first place I will look, but depending on what the title is, and how fast I want it, I will check prices and availability at my local Best Buy. Sometimes, it's in stock, ready to pick up at a lower price.... but not too often.

christine 01-26-08 07:42 PM

for multiregion films I use
dddhouse
yesasia
hkflix

jrs 01-26-08 11:30 PM

I choose Amazon.com firstly cause they got sales going on almost all the time. I go to xploitedcinema.com for all of my foreign releases.

n3wt 07-26-08 11:31 AM

I say play.com or do what I do check play then check eBay lol look for the cheapest price DVD

Nightowl 07-28-08 12:48 PM

I usual buy my dvd at deepdiscount.com they got some good deal. and its free shiping all the time. sometimes they have sales during the summer and christmas. sometimes i buy my dvd at amzone.com. i mostly buy my dvds at mcakays used book store. they sell used dvds and cds their.

Sawman3 08-19-08 06:36 PM

Half.com or DeepDiscount.

Half can have some ridiculous prices. For example: http://product.half.ebay.com/Kill-Bi...foQQprZ6477161

MorbidPig 08-19-08 10:51 PM

I'd have to say dvdempire.com - Very trustworthy place.

Cyberia 09-04-08 04:34 PM

eBay, ioffer, etc for cheap and used. I also buy off air copies as the official copies are so expensive for what they are. Also Bangkok.

DO NOT buy from tvdvdworld. They are a nightmare company. Check out the internet for complaints about them.