Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Questions (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Answered: Treasure in the city (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=66123)

testtpn 05-14-22 01:55 PM

Treasure in the city

Hello! This is my first post on this forum. I have several movies I want to identify, this is the first of them. There is no way I can find this using google search, so please help.

I watched this movie a long time ago (maybe around 2006 or later). I have no idea what the plot is, I just remember some things from the movie. There is a man and a woman in a town (probably New York, or Los Angeles, or Washington) searching for some treasure or something like that. They are chasing some bad guys who also want to find that treasure. They find some paper (probably declaration of independence, if I remember correctly) and there is some hidden message on that paper. Then they follow that message and find some special glasses. The man goes on the roof of some building and the woman goes on the roof of another building. The man looks through the glasses and sees some hidden message at the place where the woman is standing. Then they follow the new message. After some time, they find the bad guys in some underground well, or cave, or something like that. It's very deep and dark. There is like some big swing made of chains and the bad guys are trying to escape using that swing, but they fall down into the darkness. The man and the woman leave the well afterwards.

Does anybody know this movie?

Cryptic 05-14-22 04:27 PM

Re: Treasure in the city

Sounds like 'National Treasure'.

xSookieStackhouse 05-15-22 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by Cryptic (Post 2301064)
Sounds like 'National Treasure'.
thats what i was thinking aswell and theres National Treasure 2 aswell

testtpn 05-15-22 08:38 AM

That's it. Thanks!

Cryptic 05-15-22 09:01 AM

Happy to help :).

xSookieStackhouse 05-15-22 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by testtpn (Post 2301160)
That's it. Thanks!
make sure to watch national treasure: book of secrets its the 2nd movie

Cryptic 05-15-22 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by xSookieStackhouse (Post 2301180)
make sure to watch national treasure: book of secrets its the 2nd movie
Its a real shame they never did a 3rd one.

xSookieStackhouse 05-15-22 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Cryptic (Post 2301181)
Its a real shame they never did a 3rd one.
wait u serious :O thought they were gonna make it a 3rd :/

Cryptic 05-15-22 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by xSookieStackhouse (Post 2301182)
wait u serious :O thought they were gonna make it a 3rd :/
Its stuck in Development Hell. Nic Cage himself says its unlikely to be made.

xSookieStackhouse 05-15-22 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Cryptic (Post 2301188)
Its stuck in Development Hell. Nic Cage himself says its unlikely to be made.
damn u serious thats so annoying, it gotta be made its like one of the good movies

Cryptic 05-15-22 12:23 PM

I know right. I always wanted to know what the 'secret' mission was supposed to be.

xSookieStackhouse 05-15-22 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Cryptic (Post 2301190)
I know right. I always wanted to know what the 'secret' mission was supposed to be.
same here