Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Intermission: Miscellaneous Chat (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   How would laws be different if everyone were conjoined twins? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=47719)

Yoda 01-10-17 04:32 PM

How would laws be different if everyone were conjoined twins?

Thought experiment. Go!

The Gunslinger45 01-10-17 04:37 PM

Re: How would laws be different if everyone were conjoined twins?

It would no longer be illegal to double park!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiW8SP4kBB0

Mr Minio 01-10-17 04:42 PM

It surely would've been weird to have sex.

Just imagine A would like to have sex with B, but A is joined with C and B is joined with D and C and D want to have sex with E and F... One giant orgy!

TONGO 01-10-17 05:13 PM

If everyone was a conjoined twin lawmakers would quickly get to work on taxing people by the brain, not the body. Same with voting.

The Department of Motor Vehicles would have to physically blindfold one head while the other took the drivers license test. In fact schools and universities would have to follow suit. This would enact a crisis as it would take twice as long for testing overall.

Enrollment in the military would drop drastically because both heads would have to agree to enlist. Joining the military would become mandatory, every citizen would serve 2 years in any branch.

The Rodent 01-10-17 05:14 PM

I genuinely came in here thinking this was a Zotis thread... maybe even SC.

McConnaughay 01-10-17 05:17 PM

Deaths from headbutts would skyrocket!

Sexy Celebrity 01-10-17 05:20 PM

Everyone on Movie Forums could have an alt account.

Suspect would have a new excuse for MoFo Survivor. "I'm not Suspect, I'm his twin."

Sexy Celebrity 01-10-17 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 1625768)
I genuinely came in here thinking this was a Zotis thread... maybe even SC.
This is Yoda. Surprise! SC and I are conjoined twins. We traded accounts for today only. I let him. He asked. He begged. And begged. And begged.... and begged some more. I waited several years and decided that today would finally be the day.

Yoda 01-10-17 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 1625765)
The Department of Motor Vehicles would have to physically blindfold one head while the other took the drivers license test.
I like a lot of the answers in here, but so far, this is my favorite.

Related: what would cars even look like?

The Rodent 01-10-17 05:33 PM

The gear stick in the car would be a problem for one of them.

TONGO 01-10-17 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1625781)
I like a lot of the answers in here, but so far, this is my favorite.

Related: what would cars even look like?
Uh, the same? I think there would be less of a blind side risk seeing a vehicle behind you, which would result in a noticeable drop in car accidents.

Sexy Celebrity 01-10-17 05:37 PM

Everyone would drive buses to fit all of the people.

Sexy Celebrity 01-10-17 05:39 PM

Also, the conjoined twin religious groups in this universe would probably think it's sinful if people tried to surgically separate conjoined twins.

Sexy Celebrity 01-10-17 05:42 PM

McDonald's wouldn't get any crap anymore about serving supersized food. "Half of it's for the other twin."

MonnoM 01-10-17 05:44 PM

There's potential for a movie here.

Swan 01-10-17 05:48 PM

What if Yoda and Luke were conjoined twins?

Sexy Celebrity 01-10-17 05:48 PM

There would be TONS of reality TV shows featuring people who aren't conjoined twins -- who are only one single person. They would be the freaks. They would be like our "little people" -- midgets -- like on Little People, Big World.

Citizen Rules 01-10-17 05:50 PM

Chainsaw surgery!

Swan 01-10-17 05:51 PM

Basket Case would be inspired by a true story.

Citizen Rules 01-10-17 05:54 PM

Salvador Dalí's paintings would be mainstream.

Sexy Celebrity 01-10-17 05:55 PM

Some zombies in conjoined twin horror movies would be missing a whole person, instead of just a limb here and there.

The Rodent 01-10-17 05:57 PM

That'd be a decent horror movie.
Eating their conjoined twin zombie thing.

Sexy Celebrity 01-10-17 05:57 PM

Freddy Krueger and Jason Voorhees and Michael Myers would be far scarier if there were two of them coming at ya.

The Rodent 01-10-17 05:59 PM

Psychological horror... one twin is turning into a zombie, or, at least, they know he's going to turn... and the dilemma that ensues.
Could do it with just two actors in a room.

Sexy Celebrity 01-10-17 06:01 PM

The Exorcist with two little girls in a bed, possessed by two Satans.

"I AM THE DEVIL."
"I AM HIS TWIN."

The Rodent 01-10-17 06:02 PM

Anyway, laws would be all messed up...

Say in crime itself... one twin commits a crime, do the cops lock them both up?
Would the innocent twin have to be a witness to the crime?

MonnoM 01-10-17 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 1625815)
Psychological horror... one twin is turning into a zombie, or, at least, they know he's going to turn... and the dilemma that ensues.
Could do it with just two actors in a room.
I've never been this excited over an imaginary movie before. Someone write the script!

Sexy Celebrity 01-10-17 06:05 PM

There would be more suspects for the killer in a Scream horror movie in a conjoined twin universe. Possibly four killers instead of two.

Citizen Rules 01-10-17 06:07 PM

Abortion clinics would offer two for one deals.....and Taco Tuesdays would be 4 Tacos.

Sexy Celebrity 01-10-17 06:11 PM

We would have bigger avatars because I'd need enough room for two Jake Gyllenhaals.

Sexy Celebrity 01-10-17 06:16 PM

All-you-can-eat buffets would have to be outlawed.

Captain Steel 01-10-17 11:22 PM

We need to ask the Hensel twins (Abby & Brittany). Sometimes erroneously called "the girl with two heads," the twins are literally inseparable because they each share a half of a body. They've stayed out of the limelight, but have had a few documentary specials made about them. They are now 26, and have had to deal with all sorts of administration issues throughout school and legal issues (like getting drivers' licenses).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abby_and_Brittany_Hensel

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-U6AT8GcMz5...C3%25B3n-2.jpg

TONGO 01-16-17 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Post 1625943)
We need to ask the Hensel twins (Abby & Brittany). Sometimes erroneously called "the girl with two heads," the twins are literally inseparable because they each share a half of a body. They've stayed out of the limelight, but have had a few documentary specials made about them. They are now 26, and have had to deal with all sorts of administration issues throughout school and legal issues (like getting drivers' licenses).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abby_and_Brittany_Hensel

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-U6AT8GcMz5...C3%25B3n-2.jpg

Whoa! Dude you come up with the oddest ****! :eek: Though they should ask her.......or them. They should!

jiraffejustin 01-16-17 04:49 PM

Some thoughts:

I like how almost none of these posts answer the question, because none of them have to do with laws.

It's interesting that we've decided that it's okay to make fun of conjoined twins, but it's not okay to openly make jokes about some other groups.

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1625816)
The Exorcist with two little girls in a bed, possessed by two Satans.

"I AM THE DEVIL."
"I AM HIS TWIN."
Clearly this is the best response so far.

My answer:

The biggest difference would have to be traffic laws... right? I can't help but think there would be more accidents, because you have two people operating one car with one body. What happens if one guy wants to turn left, but his brother wants to turn right? I have no clue how the anatomy of conjoined twins works though, so I could be way off due to my ignorance.

Citizen Rules 01-16-17 05:09 PM

I don't think anybody meant any harm or disrespect to real conjoined twins. I took the post to be in the abstract, not about real CTs.

I seen the documentary on Abby_and_Brittany_Hensel and it was very touching. They are two very sweet girls who love each other. They were both very positive and very adamant that they were individuals, as Captain correctly pointed out.

Captain Steel 01-16-17 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 1628538)
Whoa! Dude you come up with the oddest ****! :eek: Though they should ask her.......or them. They should!
Yes, the twins are pretty famous in the world of the con-joined. Mostly because their body is relatively symmetrical, i.e. it looks very much like a normal, single body with two heads. The medical illustration shows differently and each sister controls her half of the body, yet they've mastered things like riding a bike and driving!

There's a lot of things I'd like to ask them, but some of the questions I'd never be able to pose. For instance, this brings up the issue of self-gratification (which is completely normal and healthy), but for conjoined twins who share a body... I hate to say it, but masterbation must also be an incestual act. Unfortunately, there's no way around it (unless they abstain from ever having release). And they say they each someday want to get married - which would make any relationship a threesome.