Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Forums Site Stuff (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   THE PEG (Pickem' Eliminator Gauntlet) informational thread (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=59977)

doubledenim 09-01-19 10:18 AM

THE PEG (Pickem' Eliminator Gauntlet) informational thread

doubledenim 09-02-19 08:06 PM

doubledenim 09-07-19 01:59 PM

As commissioner of The Peg, it is with deep regret that I am announcing the cancelation of this season.

This has nothing to do with a lack of participants, but because of obligations to my dear friend, Antonio Brown.

I will be flying to California to consult with AB and Drew Rosenhaus as we plan the next stage in the life of the greatest receiver in the NFL.

:suspicious:

Yoda 09-15-19 12:53 PM

Re: THE PEG (Pickem' Eliminator Gauntlet) informational thread

Can't tell if joke or not? I somehow didn't see this until now. I'm interested, for sure. NBD if we start in Week 2 or 3 even.

cricket 09-15-19 01:59 PM

Ditto, just saw it. Was looking in a different sub-forum before.

doubledenim 09-15-19 04:55 PM

It's probably my fault for not putting the word NFL in the title. I advertised in the Shoutbox, but I don't know how many people peruse that part of the site. If Mr. Green thinks moving this to another sub-forum and editing the thread will help, let's do it.

If we can get 6 total players, we can start on week 3.

The first week of PEG will have a total of 15 picks, a catch-up to allow the scoring cycle to remain the same.

7thson 09-17-19 11:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I always liked Peg. I would give it a go.

jiraffejustin 09-17-19 05:11 PM

I'll try it out

doubledenim 09-18-19 03:21 AM

https://i.imgur.com/Mz1Dkuj.png

Remember:
Week 3 = 15 picks
You can only use a team once until you have used all 32

cricket 09-18-19 09:27 AM

I think when picking by the spread, there's no need for restrictions or complications.

doubledenim 09-19-19 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by cricket (Post 2036435)
I think when picking by the spread, there's no need for restrictions or complications.

I don't know what the restriction or complication is.

You just have to use every team once. After this catch-up week, there will be 5 picks a week, until the week you use the final 7 teams.

cricket 09-19-19 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by doubledenim (Post 2036639)
I don't know what the restriction or complication is.

You just have to use every team once. After this catch-up week, there will be 5 picks a week, until the week you use the final 7 teams.
I mean when picking against the spread, half the battle is picking which game. If you have to pick certain games or can't pick certain teams because you used them already, it kind of takes the point away.

Even having to pick 15 games in one week strikes me as counterproductive. I know it's because we missed the first 2 weeks, but 5 a week would still equal 75 picks for the year.

doubledenim 09-19-19 07:22 PM

Week Tree

Jags
Bengals
Broncos
Colts
Ravens
Raiders
Jets
Lions
Cardinals
Giants
Texans
49ers
Seahawks
Rams
Redskins

Yoda 09-19-19 07:39 PM

Cool, glad we're doing this. Rules settled?

doubledenim 09-20-19 03:55 AM

Barring any unseen circumstances, it is what it is.

MINSHHHHHEEEEEWWWWWWWW!

Yoda 09-20-19 10:30 AM

And what is it? :laugh:

But seriously, not sure if we just pick a few games, do we pick against the spread you posted earlier, etc. Wasn't sure if those were ironclad or being discussed. Please confirm and I'll get my picks right in. :up:

doubledenim 09-20-19 01:36 PM

Week 3 = 15 picks
Week 4 = 5 picks
Week 5 = 5 picks
Week 6 = 7 picks

Reset

Week 17 will be have to be adjusted.

The post with the spread was updated with CAR/ARI.

jiraffejustin 09-21-19 11:57 AM

Bengals
Dolphins
Broncos
Colts
Ravens
Raiders
Jets
Lions
Cardinals
Buccaneers
Texans
49ers
Seahawks
Rams
Bears

Missing out of the Thursday game meant that I had to put a pick in for every game, which meant that I pretty much had to hope the Jets and the Dolphins wouldn't be as obliterated as expected.

cricket 09-22-19 12:44 PM

Bengals
Dolphins
Broncos
Falcons
Ravens
Vikings
Patriots
Eagles
Panthers
Giants
Texans
Steelers
Saints
Browns
Redskins

jiraffejustin 09-22-19 01:12 PM

I was pretty close to taking both the Pats and the Cowboys over those huge spreads, but decided that maybe garbage time scores will be the only time the Dolphins and Jets have the chance of covering anything.