Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Upcoming Movies & Sequels (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=32672)

The Rodent 07-30-13 12:02 PM

Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/eddie-...ly-hills-cop-4

It's being hinted... Murphy seems to be trying anything to get his career back... even appearing in the TV series that has Axel Foley's son in the lead...

He's been rumoured to have ties with Twins sequel, Triplets... and now he's hinted at bringing Axel Foley back as well.

Teenage Mutant Ninja (Not) Aliens writer Andre Nemec is apparently penning the screenplay right now.

Can't be any worse than Beverly Hills Cop 3... can it?

AlwayzOutgunned 07-30-13 12:43 PM

Re: Beverly Hills Cop 4

I don't have much faith in Eddie anymore. His last good performance, at least in my opinion, was Dreamgirls. Seems like he is in the Nicholas 'I Just Need A Paycheck' Cage mode.

n3wt 07-30-13 01:39 PM

:rolleyes:

LP Quagmire 07-31-13 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by AlwayzOutgunned (Post 931258)
I don't have much faith in Eddie anymore. His last good performance, at least in my opinion, was Dreamgirls.

He was great in that! I don't know why he doesn't pursue more dramatic roles...

Lucas 07-31-13 04:19 PM

Eddie Murphy is awful, this film will be awful. He hasn't made a decent film in forever.

Masterman 07-31-13 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by NBAluke579 (Post 931992)
Eddie Murphy is awful, this film will be awful. He hasn't made a decent film in forever.
Beverly Hills cop 1 + 2 were great.

48 Hours is great

LP Quagmire 07-31-13 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Masterman (Post 932030)
Beverly Hills cop 1 + 2 were great.

I wonder how many people even realize there was a BEVERLY HILLS COP 3...?

foster 08-01-13 12:38 AM

I preferred 3 to 2. 2 was so god damn awful

AlwayzOutgunned 08-01-13 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by LP Quagmire (Post 931760)
He was great in that! I don't know why he doesn't pursue more dramatic roles...
Agreed. He could have a true career resurgence pursing those dramatic, supporting parts in good films as opposed to the same drivel over and over.

LP Quagmire 08-01-13 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by AlwayzOutgunned (Post 932680)
Agreed. He could have a true career resurgence pursing those dramatic, supporting parts in good films as opposed to the same drivel over and over.
Absolutely. I also love the song he sings in DREAMGIRLS ("Patience").

The Rodent 08-01-13 12:36 PM

It worked for Tom Hanks... Eddie Murphy could easily make a career from serious acting.

jrs 06-27-14 08:38 PM

Beverly Hills Cop 4 (Tentative title)

Release Date: March 25, 2016
Studio: Paramount Pictures
Director: Brett Ratner
Screenwriter: Josh Appelbaum, Andre Nemec
Starring: Eddie Murphy

The newest installment of "Beverly Hills Cop," from the ultimate "fish-out-of-water" franchise, takes Axel Foley, who has been living a cushy life as a Beverly Hills Detective, back to Detroit during the coldest winter on record to navigate the new rules and old enemies in one of America's most tenacious cities.

MonnoM 09-18-17 11:53 PM

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1704...ther-huge-name

"Directors Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah recently made an appearance on Dutch talk show "The World Turns" and revealed that the fourth Beverly Hills Cop film might find new life under their direction. Though the project remains in the very early stages of development, these rumors suggest that it will find Eddie Murphy's Axel Foley as a seasoned Beverly Hills police officer who returns to Detroit for a case -- and subsequently butts heads with a tough as nails Detroit cop as his new partner. The pair reportedly held an "audition" for Eddie Murphy to return to his iconic role as Axel Foley, and they are currently eyeing either Kingsman: The Golden Circle star Channing Tatum, or Inception star Tom Hardy to step in as the film's central villain."

Dani8 09-19-17 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 931220)
Can't be any worse than Beverly Hills Cop 3... can it?
Was that the one in the amusement park? Woeful, but I would give this one a go if it's bromancey nd back to the loud mouth fast talker from the original

FL3Buff_07 09-19-17 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Dani8 (Post 1780514)
Was that the one in the amusement park? Woeful, but I would give this one a go if it's bromancey nd back to the loud mouth fast talker from the original
Yep... it's the one that co-starred Alan Young of "Mr. Ed" fame.
It's also the episode where Inspector Todd is killed.

"You on a coffee break Axel? GO GET THAT SOB!"

WorldFilmGeek 09-19-17 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by FL3Buff_07 (Post 1780518)

"You on a coffee break Axel? GO GET THAT SOB!"
I did like when Hector Elizondo got completely annoyed hearing "Wonder World! Wonder World!"

"Would someone shut that f**king song off!"

Plus, it was good to see Serge again LOL
"The art gallery is completely bankrupt! Because we had an owner who was obstinate, stupid, and ignorant. You shot him remember?"

Joel 09-19-17 11:22 AM

Part 3 was a total nightmare failure. Everything was wrong with it, yet it was made by usually competent talent, esp director Landis. Mind bogglingly horrible.

I'm not sure I can stomach the idea of a part 4. Not unless it's a work of art like part 1, and I highly doubt that's happening. You can't catch and hold a comet in a jar. Part 1 was all about the right place/right time. When will Hollywood learn? Never is my guess.

WorldFilmGeek 10-02-19 05:18 PM

It's finally happening. Eddie Murphy confirmed he will do Beverly Hills Cop 4 after wrapping up Coming 2 America:

http://collider.com/eddie-murphy-int...lls-cop-4-snl/

Wyldesyde19 10-02-19 11:33 PM

Both shouldn’t happen.
I’m so tired of retreads and endless sequels. They’re obvious attempts at grabbing past glory. Or, in some cases, cynical attempts at $$
Few franchises can ever reach what they once were, and many should just go away and never come back. And I say this as someone who enjoyed the first Beverly Hills Cop

mojofilter 10-03-19 01:41 PM

Beverly Hills Cop 2 was mediocre. Part 3 was terrible. Not sure what the point of a 4th one is other than for Eddie Murphy to grasp some of his 80's glory.

Coming 2 America might work, and I hope it does. I'm just skeptical about a 4th Cop film, but I will still see it when it comes out.

Other than that, I'm excited that Eddie is making a comeback with Dolemite is my Name and the standup specials on Netflix, and that he'll be back on the big screen with 2 potential box office hits.