Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Actors, Awards, & Directors (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Jennifer Lawrence Appreciation Thread (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=38690)

AdamUpBxtch 01-30-15 08:42 PM

Jennifer Lawrence Appreciation Thread

Well judging by my avatar and user title you people can pretty much tell i'm a huge Jennifer Lawrence fan. I noticed there is no thread for her and i was kind of surprised so i decided to make one. She is my current favorite actress and probably will be for a long time. As many of you will agree she is a very talented actress and she has a long great career ahead of her. My favorite role of hers is easily the one she won the Oscar for Best Actress which was Tiffany Maxwell in the Silver Linings Playbook, she blew me away in this film and her performance alone made SLP one of my favorite movies of all time and there are only a few selected actors/actresses that have blew me away with their performances (ex: Cumberbatch in Sherlock and Dinklage in Game of Thrones). Hoping to see her take on some more oscar caliber roles and get nominated again. The biggest reason i like her is for of course what she does off the big screen. I always laugh when i watch her interviews and that is rare for me as well when it comes to actors.

So let out all your JLaw love here or just post why you like her or what your favorite movie role of hers is.

TheUsualSuspect 01-31-15 12:34 AM

Re: Jennifer Lawrence Appreciation Thread

Between Silver Linings Playbook, American Hustle or possible Winter's Bone. I ultimately went with what gave her the Oscar.

rauldc14 01-31-15 12:54 AM

I've seen six of her films, and enjoyed her in every one. I see no reason why that won't continue in the future.

BrowningIdentity 01-31-15 02:58 AM

Well, the poll's asking me to do the impossible. How can I choose a favorite among her movies? I'm a huge fan as well, and I look forward to her future films! They will no doubt be awesome!

Camo 01-31-15 03:02 AM

1.I-Cloud Hacking Scandal: The Movie
2.Winters Bone
3.American Hustle
4.Silver Linings Playbook

Thursday Next 01-31-15 09:07 AM

The X-Men movies are probably my favourite movies with Jennifer Lawrence in, but my favourite performance of hers is in American Hustle.

Cobpyth 01-31-15 09:13 AM

Favorite film she's in: American Hustle
Favorite performance: Silver Linings Playbook

Zotis 01-31-15 10:06 AM

I picked other because The Poker House, but I honestly have a really hard time deciding between that and Winter's Bone. You could tell how passionate she was about acting when she was younger, but I think fame, money, and career have blindsighted her a bit. She's still a talented actor, but she's also a bit of a whack job. Her facebook page is just full of long winded self pitty rants about how she "has nothing and feels empty inside." She's good at portraying sadness because she's a very depressed person. Also The Burning Plain is a great movie she plays a supporting role in, and there is one scene in that which I honestly think is the single best expression of regret I have ever seen. I like The Hunger Games, but I don't have as much interest in very many of her movies post Winter's Bone.

cricket 01-31-15 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Cobpyth (Post 1248865)
Favorite film she's in: American Hustle
Favorite performance: Silver Linings Playbook
Agreed, and I've quickly become a fan of her.

Zotis 01-31-15 09:31 PM

Okay seriously guys, watch The Poker House.

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/003...r_6_xlarge.png

AdamUpBxtch 01-31-15 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1248812)
1.I-Cloud Hacking Scandal: The Movie
2.Winters Bone
3.American Hustle
4.Silver Linings Playbook
:leo: I see what you did there

Gideon58 02-02-15 11:36 AM

I've only seen Silver Linings Playbook and American Hustle, but I thought both performances were spectacular.

kathepburn 02-02-15 11:50 AM

The only time she truly wowed me was in Winter's Bone. I was not particularly delighted by any of her other performances, but WB was outstanding.

earlsmoviepicks 02-02-15 03:21 PM

She also caught my attention with Winter's Bone. I liked her in American Hustle too. Getting aggravated with Hollywood's attempt to glam her up though.

Fabulous 02-02-15 03:32 PM

I went with SLP, but Hustle was a close second.

Zotis 05-01-20 08:20 AM

-walks into dead ancient thread-

"Behold my necromantic powaaaaa!"

Actually, re-watching The Hunger Games movies has sent me back on another Jennifer Lawrence kick. Man, I just love her. She's such an incredibly talented actress. I don't know how I feel about her in interviews and behind the scenes though. She's a bit odd. I just started watching Passengers, and I'm cringing right off the bad. I'm kinda dreading this movie, and if it's really bad I'm just going to turn it off. I'm not a fan of Chris Pratt, and this movie has tacky Hollywood written all over it. Right off the bat we're told by text what the setting is, and you can see just how lacking in creativity it is already. The question is, will her acting make the movie watchable, or is it going to be so bad that it's unwatchable in spite of her best efforts.

gary griffith 05-01-20 09:09 AM

I actually really love Jennifer Lawrence in interviews and behind the scenes. She's hilarious if a little oddball. I like that she is not afraid to be herself or to come over as goofy.
I have only seen one film of hers though - the Hunger Games 1. She was good but I haven't seen her in enough to form an opinion on her acting. What's your favourite film by her?

Zotis 05-01-20 01:28 PM

I already mentioned it, but my favorite Jennifer Lawrence films are The Poker House and Winter's Bone. Back then she was so young, and so passionate about acting. Nobody knew who she was. She was a nobody. She was just a young girl trying to become an actress and giving it all she's got. Since the Hunger Games I've felt like something is missing.

Iroquois 05-01-20 01:42 PM

I guess it doesn't help that she fell into a bunch of different ruts over the course of her career, whether it's being in franchises like X-Men and Hunger Games (the former of which she was very clearly checked-out of for the most part) or wheel-spinning with David O. Russell (none of those films I cared for, much less her work in them). At that point, you kind of have to respect her going through with much more alienating prospects in recent yearslike mother! or Red Sparrow even if the end results are of questionable quality. Still, I'd give it to Winter's Bone because it predates all that and the film itself is maybe her best, not least because it's not a particularly showy performance like most of her other stuff.

Zotis 05-01-20 01:53 PM

I pretty much agree with everything you said @Iroquois. Have you seen The Poker House by the way?