Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What scares you the most in films? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=22318)

n3wt 04-02-10 07:28 PM

What scares you the most in films?

I have a phobia about all things involving Finger Nails and Finger Nails coming off so if there are any sort of finger nail envolved in a film, I cringe and very near be sick. Im also not a fan of teeth being pulled out, so what Scares you in film?

ChasingButterfly 04-02-10 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by n3wt (Post 611945)
I have a phobia about all things involving Finger Nails and Finger Nails coming off so if there are any sort of finger nail envolved in a film, I cringe and very near be sick. Im also not a fan of teeth being pulled out, so what Scares you in film?
I actually agree, anything to do with body parts being realistically removed or dismembered automatically makes me burry my head away somewhere safe.

n3wt 04-02-10 07:49 PM

Re: What scares you the most in films?

Thats the thing I love all things gorey in movies and I love seening the effects that filmakers do to make it look as real as possible but anything to do with finger nails is the worest thing ever imo.

karibou 04-02-10 11:58 PM

Anything going into eyeballs. Any sort of slicing or cutting flesh.

*twitches in horror*

7thson 04-03-10 12:09 AM

Having to watch a loved one be tortured -ughhhhhhhhhhhhh - hate that.

Classicqueen13 04-03-10 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by karibou (Post 611980)
Anything going into eyeballs. Any sort of slicing or cutting flesh.

*twitches in horror*
I'd recommend you look away at the fight scene in Die Hard 2. There is some icicle to eye contact.

karibou 04-03-10 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by Classicqueen13 (Post 611990)
I'd recommend you look away at the fight scene in Die Hard 2. There is some icicle to eye contact.

*screeches in revulsion*

Ugh. Thanks for the heads-up, Classicqueen. :)

L .B . Jeffries 04-03-10 02:47 AM

I have a phobia about all things involving Finger Nails and Finger Nails coming off so if there are any sort of finger nail envolved in a film, I cringe and very near be sick.
Can we say Stir of Echos

n3wt 04-03-10 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by L .B . Jeffries (Post 612005)
Can we say Stir of Echos
Yes sir I watched that recently and nearly vomited :sick:

What is up with the multiple posts maclhen?

christine 04-03-10 12:33 PM

oh I hate that too! and teeth! anything to do with removing teeth and the noise and difficulty of pulling them out gives me the shivers.

The thing that still scares me after decades of film watching is the dismembered hand in the 1946 film The Beast With Five Fingers. I can see that hand scuttling over the floor now, jeez!

I hate disgusting sounds in films too. In the Fly, I couldn't watch till the end cos the sounds were so horribly real!

n3wt 04-03-10 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by christine (Post 612081)
oh I hate that too! and teeth! anything to do with removing teeth and the noise and difficulty of pulling them out gives me the shivers.

The thing that still scares me after decades of film watching is the dismembered hand in the 1946 film The Beast With Five Fingers. I can see that hand scuttling over the floor now, jeez!

I hate disgusting sounds in films too. In the Fly, I couldn't watch till the end cos the sounds were so horribly real!
I cannot stand the scene in The Fly where he is pulling his finger nails off it has always made me cringe, damn there should be a list of movies that can warn you about finger nails coming off :D

Fenwick 04-03-10 02:38 PM

Hey n3wt,

I'd stay away from Cronenberg's version of The Fly if I were you! They drop off rather than pull off, but still...

http://www.leftfieldcinema.com/files...ad/the_fly.jpg

n3wt 04-03-10 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Fenwick (Post 612104)
Hey n3wt,

I'd stay away from Cronenberg's version of The Fly if I were you! They drop off rather than pull off, but still...

http://www.leftfieldcinema.com/files...ad/the_fly.jpg
Thanks for the heads up friend, even reading it makes my stomach flip :scream:

L .B . Jeffries 04-03-10 02:59 PM

I remember another one double dose District 9 teeth and finger nails

n3wt 04-03-10 03:13 PM

Yes that was terrible I couldnt watch but District 9 is one of my favorite recent films :yup:

Darkrose 04-03-10 04:56 PM

Something about dead bodies in water always seemed to frighten me a little if its done well along with silence (the unknown), again only if they do it right. Most horror flicks don't get me.

will.15 04-03-10 07:27 PM

The price of popcorn.

honeykid 04-03-10 11:48 PM

Finger nails and teeth being pulled or removed. It's not scary though, just horrible.

L .B . Jeffries 04-04-10 12:12 AM

I think what really gets my heart going are those ominous moments in scary films for example the dark figure that Father Moore sees in The Exorcism of Emily Rose or in The Shining when the twins talk to Danny and say "come play with us Danny". those types of moments really get to me.

ballstouweboll24 04-04-10 12:23 AM

Shia Lebouf doing anything

The thought of Michael Bay getting an oscar nomination

Pretty much the next Transformers movie