Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Forums Site Stuff (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The MoFo Map (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=37123)

Citizen Rules 06-09-22 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by mrblond (Post 2306182)
Wow, this is very nice map.
Sorry, can someone explain how to pin myself?
You have to create an account with the Z maps (email and password like usual) then you can pin your location on the map.

mrblond 06-09-22 01:30 PM

Re: The MoFo Map

OK, I'm on it.

Citizen Rules 06-09-22 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by mrblond (Post 2306265)
OK, I'm on it.
I see your pin on the map.

John Dumbear 06-09-22 02:28 PM

Okay, done.

I see edarsenal is my neighbor

waves

Thief 06-09-22 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 2306246)
You have to create an account with the Z maps (email and password like usual) then you can pin your location on the map.
Do we? I added my pin yesterday but as far as I know, I didn't create an account.

Citizen Rules 06-09-22 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Thief (Post 2306282)
Do we? I added my pin yesterday but as far as I know, I didn't create an account.
Did you already have a google account or something like that which might have allowed you to mark the pin? Of course I could be wrong too...and no sign in is necessary. It's been a loooooooong time since I did the map pin myself.

Thief 06-09-22 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 2306290)
Did you already have a google account or something like that which might have allowed you to mark the pin? Of course I could be wrong too...and no sign in is necessary. It's been a loooooooong time since I did the map pin myself.
That's what I thought, but I just entered again, and I can see the Sign up/Sign in option above (so I'm not signed in). All I did was follow the instructions on the OP, clicked Additions - Add Marker Simple, and that was it.

MovieGal 06-09-22 03:59 PM

There is a limitation on viewing the map apparently. 100 view limit then you have to pay.

Citizen Rules 06-09-22 06:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Originally Posted by Thief (Post 2306291)
That's what I thought, but I just entered again, and I can see the Sign up/Sign in option above (so I'm not signed in). All I did was follow the instructions on the OP, clicked Additions - Add Marker Simple, and that was it.
I stand corrected, thanks for pointing that out:up:

Originally Posted by MovieGal (Post 2306298)
There is a limitation on viewing the map apparently. 100 view limit then you have to pay.
OMG, I just now took a look at that map and you won't believe what I say...this:

Citizen Rules 06-09-22 06:13 PM

I swear I did not visit that damn map 100 times!

MovieGal 06-09-22 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 2306335)
Same message I got.

Citizen Rules 06-09-22 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by MovieGal (Post 2306343)
Same message I got.
And what is the odds that both me and you reached a 100 limit at the same exact time?

Can anybody else see that map today?

James D. Gardiner 06-09-22 11:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 2306348)
And what is the odds that both me and you reached a 100 limit at the same exact time?

Think I've only seen it once before but got the frozen message today also. Then just out of curiosity I tweaked the URL by removing the frozen.jsp? in the browser and... voila. Can see the map now, at least on my system.

Pics or it didn't happen. :p

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...chmentid=87501

gbgoodies 06-10-22 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by MovieGal (Post 2306298)
Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 2306332)
OMG, I just now took a look at that map and you won't believe what I say...this:

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 2306335)
Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 2306348)

I looked at the map yesterday with no problems, but today I got that same message. It must add up all the views, or it counts the views by the person who created it, and then it errors out for everyone.

I guess @The Rodent will have to look into it for us because he's the map's creator.

Originally Posted by James D. Gardiner (Post 2306429)
Think I've only seen it once before but got the frozen message today also. Then just out of curiosity I tweaked the URL by removing the frozen.jsp? in the browser and... voila. Can see the map now, at least on my system.

Pics or it didn't happen. :p

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...chmentid=87501

Thanks @James D. Gardiner. That worked for me too! Good work. :up:

Citizen Rules 06-10-22 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by James D. Gardiner (Post 2306429)
Genius! Works good now.

James D. Gardiner 06-10-22 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 2306463)
Genius! Works good now.
Just call me Sheerluck. :D