Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Intermission: Miscellaneous Chat (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   MISCELLANEOUS (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=62797)

Stirchley 11-30-20 01:49 PM

MISCELLANEOUS

1 Attachment(s)
Post your miscellaneous thoughts, words or misdeeds here.

LOL. Pity the poor owner of this vehicle in NYC who came out of the house & found their car like this early last Thursday morning. What a way to start the day. :eek:

Stirchley 11-30-20 02:30 PM

This is the darndest list I’ve ever come across. Never even heard of some of these people.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...actresses.html

gbgoodies 12-01-20 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Stirchley (Post 2145498)
This is the darndest list I’ve ever come across. Never even heard of some of these people.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...actresses.html

There was so much strange movement while scrolling through the list that it was dizzying to read. :dizzy:

Captain Steel 12-01-20 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 2145791)
There was so much strange movement while scrolling through the list that it was dizzying to read. :dizzy:
Right? ;)

Form should always follow Function.
It's fine to get creative, but not to the point where the creativity defeats the point of purpose of the piece.

gandalf26 12-01-20 07:20 PM

Re: MISCELLANEOUS

I went to Tesco after work with the letters BMP on my hand to get a few things for work as well as a big food shop, B was for Brush, M was for masks, but damn P, could not remember, for 20 minutes I walked around trying to remember P and COULD NOT DO IT, even went through the P + vowels in my head, so phoned a member of staff outside and it was a ******g Plug, as in for a sink.

Stay tuned for more exiting miscellaneous stories from my life next week!

gbgoodies 12-01-20 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by gandalf26 (Post 2146032)
I went to Tesco after work with the letters BMP on my hand to get a few things for work as well as a big food shop, B was for Brush, M was for masks, but damn P, could not remember, for 20 minutes I walked around trying to remember P and COULD NOT DO IT, even went through the P + vowels in my head, so phoned a member of staff outside and it was a ******g Plug, as in for a sink.

Stay tuned for more exiting miscellaneous stories from my life next week!

By the time I get to the store, I never remember what's on my shopping list, so I use a phone app called ColorNote. It's easy to use, and it's free.

Captain Steel 12-02-20 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 2146113)
By the time I get to the store, I never remember what's on my shopping list, so I use a phone app called ColorNote. It's easy to use, and it's free.
I always think about using the voice recorder on my cell phone to remember things (when I was younger I always wanted one of those portable, pocket recorders you'd just speak into throughout the day to make personal notes for yourself)... but, I always forget it's a feature on the phone and forget to use it!

Nausicaä 12-02-20 01:55 PM

I'm old fashioned, pen and paper for shopping lists. :)

Stirchley 12-02-20 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 2145791)
True. It was much easier on the app itself.

Citizen Rules 12-02-20 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Nausicaä (Post 2146226)
:up: me too!

gandalf26 12-02-20 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Nausicaä (Post 2146226)
That's what I had for food, got all that. Trusting my 36 year old memory for 3 initials was my downfall.

Stirchley 12-02-20 06:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Why didn’t anyone tell me how horrid this stuff is? Sickeningly sweet.

Captain Steel 12-02-20 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Stirchley (Post 2146404)
Why didn’t anyone tell me how horrid this stuff is?
You didn't ask. ;)

Citizen Rules 12-02-20 07:00 PM

And it's such a big tub of it too, yikes I hope she didn't eat the whole thing:p

Cobra 12-02-20 10:02 PM

Keeping to yourself is nice but boring at times.

gbgoodies 12-03-20 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Post 2146139)
I always think about using the voice recorder on my cell phone to remember things (when I was younger I always wanted one of those portable, pocket recorders you'd just speak into throughout the day to make personal notes for yourself)... but, I always forget it's a feature on the phone and forget to use it!

I have no idea how to use the voice recorder on my cell phone. I figured out how to use the video recorder once, but that was out of necessity at the time. (I don't even know where it saved the video that it recorded. :rolleyes:)

Swan 12-03-20 01:25 AM

If turkeys are so great, why are they always hiding in packaged slabs of meat at the grocery store?

Stirchley 12-04-20 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 2146423)
And it's such a big tub of it too, yikes I hope she didn't eat the whole thing:p
Took a few bites & gave it to someone else.

Stirchley 12-04-20 02:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Does anyone know what the heck “cheersin” means? :rolleyes:

Citizen Rules 12-04-20 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Stirchley (Post 2147088)
Took a few bites & gave it to someone else.
Covid warning! Covid warning!

*joking🙂 I'm sure you gave it to your husband or family member (the cottage cheese that is)!