Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Christopher Nolan countdown to The Dark Knight Rises (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=27268)

The Prestige 11-22-11 05:32 PM

The Christopher Nolan countdown to The Dark Knight Rises

I mentioned this briefly in the thread for Yoda's Christopher Nolan's useful lies essay. As everybody knows Nolan's 8th film, The Dark Knight Rises is scheduled to be released 20th July, so I think it would be a great idea to do a countdown of sorts by revisiting his past 7 film films each month on the 20th of each month, ending in July with The Dark Knight Rises. Naturally, we don't have to watch his films in order, we can just pick a random one and have discussions on them.

Who would like to participate? Non Nolanites are welcome, of course ;)

filmgirlinterrupted 11-22-11 05:50 PM

Re: The Christopher Nolan countdown to The Dark Knight Rises

Me me me! You know I'm down with you, Prestige!

akatemple 11-22-11 06:01 PM

Sounds fun, I'm in.

gandalf26 11-22-11 06:48 PM

Dark Knight is too good for me to wait 9 months to watch it.

akatemple 11-22-11 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by The Prestige (Post 779605)
Naturally, we don't have to watch his films in order
^^^^^

Deadite 11-22-11 07:42 PM

Sounds fun.

Deadite 11-22-11 08:36 PM

Okay, so will you be making a new thread or should we comment here or what? Because I'm always happy to talk about how great TDK is. :)

Godoggo 11-22-11 08:51 PM

I'm in; at least for most of the movies. I'm moving so I might miss a month or two.

HitchFan97 11-22-11 09:05 PM

I'm in!

http://c181321.r21.cf0.rackcdn.com/P...gj5ktt_1_m.jpg

If Nolan continues his win streak, this could be the best threequel ever.

Yoda 11-22-11 09:43 PM

Same here. I've seen some often (and recently), so for those I might jump in and go off of memory, but I'll use it as an excuse to rewatch a couple and discuss the others.

Might make sense to come at them from some slightly different perspective, or for you to pose a few discussion questions, if only because that would help differentiate them from the discussions already in each of their respective' threads. Just a thought. :)

mark f 11-22-11 09:51 PM

What's the first movie? :)

akatemple 11-22-11 09:54 PM

It's also really nice that netflix has most all of his movies streaming, so that's super convenient.

The Prestige 11-23-11 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Deadite (Post 779642)
Okay, so will you be making a new thread or should we comment here or what? Because I'm always happy to talk about how great TDK is. :)
Will be making a new thread. You know how like we have those official film dicussions once in awhile? Think the last one was Brick. It'll take place there, I think.

What's the first movie? :)
Good question. I was thinking of doing a vote. The first official discussion isn't going to take place until December 20th, so we have some time. But seeing as how most people really want to discuss The Dark Knight...

It's also really nice that netflix has most all of his movies streaming, so that's super convenient.
Which reminds me, for those of you who want to take part, unless your memory is sound, I want you lot to make sure that you have access to his films. I know that there are still some people who haven't seen Following, so it would be a good idea to leave that one May 20th or something.

Really excited about this.

EndlessScream 11-24-11 12:37 AM

waww, sounds fun count me in. lets vote for the 1st movie

MovieMan8877445 11-24-11 12:46 AM

I'll join in, but I know most pretty much by memory.

TylerDurden99 11-24-11 02:54 AM

Count me in, Nolan is my favourite director working today, other than David Fincher.

akatemple 11-28-11 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by TylerDurden99 (Post 779825)
Count me in, Nolan is my favourite director working today, other than David Fincher.
See if you feel the same after The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, I've got my fingers crossed but who knows.

The Prestige 12-09-11 10:57 AM

Ok, so i'm thinking we should do a poll for the first film. 20th Dec is like 11 days away, so now would be a good time to do the poll. Not sure how to go about it though..and yes, I know i've been a member for nearly 5 years :)

Yoda 12-09-11 11:01 AM

Just start a new thread, then look for the poll checkbox below, along with the other options under Additional Options.

Sedai 12-09-11 11:18 AM

I'm in!