Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Upcoming Movies & Sequels (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Point Break Remake 2015 (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=35027)

Masterman 03-07-14 04:13 PM

Point Break Remake 2015

It seems the 1991 action movie is getting a remake. It's being directed by Ericson Core, and is starring Gerrard Butler (Swayzes role), and Luke Bracey (Reeves Role).

Pretty strange remake to happen. Loved the original, it's a great movie but a remake..Meh.

Miss Vicky 03-07-14 04:49 PM

Re: Point Break Remake 2015

Screw that.

I love the original but I'm getting really tired of these sorts of remakes. I also don't like Gerard Butler. And who is Luke Bracey?

honeykid 03-07-14 05:04 PM

^^All that^^

Deadite 03-07-14 05:18 PM

Keanu Reeves should do it. Again.

s1n1st3r 05-27-15 02:34 AM

Just saw the trailer and all I can say is why?????????? This is on the same level as why did they do a TMNT movie

jrs 05-27-15 02:52 AM

Release Date: December 25, 2015
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: Ericson Core
Screenwriter: Kurt Wimmer
Starring: Ray Winstone, Delroy Lindo, Teresa Palmer, Edgar Ramirez, Luke Bracey
Plot: In Alcon Entertainment’s fast-paced, high-adrenaline action thriller "Point Break," a young FBI agent, Johnny Utah (Luke Bracey), infiltrates a cunning team of thrill-seeking elite athletes – led by the charismatic Bodhi (Edgar Ramirez). The athletes are suspected of carrying out a spate of crimes in extremely unusual ways.

Deep undercover, and with his life in imminent danger, Utah strives to prove they are the architects of this string of inconceivable crimes.

The film is replete with the most daring athleticism ever seen in a motion picture. These action adventure feats are performed by elite athletes representing the world’s best in class in big-wave surfing, wingsuit flying, sheer-face snowboarding, free rock climbing, and high-speed motorcycling.

The Rodent 05-27-15 03:02 AM

Wow... a bunch of no-names and actor-for-hire Ray Winston doing a funny accent.
Even the Director is so well known he has no wiki page.

Looks like Star Wars has a contender this Chritsmas :laugh:

The Rodent 05-27-15 03:07 AM

I get the impression the writing for this is totally sub-standard.

The original, Utah had to infiltrate by getting into the surfing scene after Pappas has a few moments of realisation. For instance the CCTV footage of a tan-line.

In this remake it seems that "they're extreme sports people" and "you must go undercover"... so he does, then he infiltrates, then he wins.
Just seems like an ABC 123 movie scriptwise.

Monkeypunch 05-27-15 03:31 AM

I really am starting to hate remakes. I don't see the point. This movie already exists, it has Patrick Swayze, Keanu Reeves, and Gary Busey and is totally awesome. This looks generic and boring. PASS.

The Gunslinger45 05-27-15 08:22 AM

I will pass.

bouncingbrick 05-27-15 09:16 AM

I want my two minutes of trailer watching back.

That looks terrible. If I have to base my opinion on a trailer, it appears to have none of the charm of the original. All of the character of the original has been polished away with fancy aerial shots of people base jumping and sky diving. Also, I'm sorry, but Keanu and Swayze made that film work.

Not seeing this one.

Miss Vicky 05-27-15 11:31 AM

This looks like ****. :mad:

earlsmoviepicks 05-27-15 11:48 AM

http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps0yncnnm2.jpg

AdamUpBxtch 05-27-15 11:53 AM

Can we please pretend Hot Fuzz is an official remake and maybe they'll leave this alone?

https://38.media.tumblr.com/9a230f0b...cr2xo3_500.gif

Wait they already filmed and everything(I never heard about this until today)?! damn.............

JayDee 05-27-15 08:56 PM

Never before have I felt the urge to vomit after watching a trailer but this came damn close. That looks positively awful. It looks really cheap and so generic. The cinematography looks so grey and grubby like a direct-to-DVD action film. All that's missing is Steven Seagal.

And I'm just going to say this before someone else does. Point Break? More like Pointless Break. Thank you, thank you very much

foster 05-27-15 09:16 PM

looks like a cool concept to me

90sAce 05-27-15 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by jrs (Post 1322143)

Release Date: December 25, 2015
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: Ericson Core
Screenwriter: Kurt Wimmer
Starring: Ray Winstone, Delroy Lindo, Teresa Palmer, Edgar Ramirez, Luke Bracey
Plot: In Alcon Entertainment’s fast-paced, high-adrenaline action thriller "Point Break," a young FBI agent, Johnny Utah (Luke Bracey), infiltrates a cunning team of thrill-seeking elite athletes – led by the charismatic Bodhi (Edgar Ramirez). The athletes are suspected of carrying out a spate of crimes in extremely unusual ways.

Deep undercover, and with his life in imminent danger, Utah strives to prove they are the architects of this string of inconceivable crimes.

The film is replete with the most daring athleticism ever seen in a motion picture. These action adventure feats are performed by elite athletes representing the world’s best in class in big-wave surfing, wingsuit flying, sheer-face snowboarding, free rock climbing, and high-speed motorcycling.

Looks like a good, colorful action flick - never seen the original but don't see how this could turn out too bad.

90sAce 05-27-15 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by foster (Post 1322470)
looks like a cool concept to me
The negativity seems exaggerated to me - maybe it helps I never saw the original, but I can see this being as good as Mad Max Fury Road

The Gunslinger45 05-27-15 10:20 PM

I'm sorry but no Keanu, no Swayze, and no Gary Busey means I ain't buying a ticket.

90sAce 05-27-15 10:26 PM

You make me want to watch the original now