Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Forums Site Stuff (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   MoFo Fantasy Baseball 2021 - Regular Season (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=63620)

Powdered Water 03-27-21 03:15 AM

MoFo Fantasy Baseball 2021 - Regular Season

It's almost that time fam! Anybody like their team? Looking around I see several that look pretty good to me. Gonna be fun! Good luck (if you're into that sort of thing) and remember to have fun out there kids!

TONGO 03-27-21 10:15 AM

No Rays on my roster at all, none, nada, zero. Yarborough was the only one I drafted and I dropped him for John Means, whose got a similar repertoire but pitches deeper into games.

Losing Jiminez, who knows if he would have been great or disappointing? A young player you never truly know. I feel the 3 options I now have to fill that void won't bring me as much runs, homers, or RBIs, but ill do better in Avg, OBP, and stolen bases.

Afrer 11 years in a 12 year league i dont feel comfortable saying anything at all this early in the season. My track record is make a declaration and then a betting pool is created for when ill break it, not if. Then theres the sport itself which will provide numerous swerves. Of course im looking forward to it all. Fantasy Baseball is like a good long book, so long to where itll take 6 months to finish it.

Yoda 03-27-21 10:35 AM

Re: MoFo Fantasy Baseball 2021 - Regular Season

I like baseball.

mikeython1 03-27-21 05:33 PM

Me to. :laugh:

Powdered Water 03-31-21 03:06 AM

Anyone here like to try other leagues? I joined this crazy league that doubles up on every position. No bench spots. Everybody plays. 20 team league. The draft is crazy important. I think a little over 500 players were drafted! Pretty interesting.

TONGO 03-31-21 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Powdered Water (Post 2191533)
Anyone here like to try other leagues? I joined this crazy league that doubles up on every position. No bench spots. Everybody plays. 20 team league. The draft is crazy important. I think a little over 500 players were drafted! Pretty interesting.
This is my only one. One time i did a league where it was a points system, and defense was included in the scoring with batting and pitching. I thought I could play that league just like this one without making adjustments. That was a big fail.

Yoda 03-31-21 10:12 AM

I'm in another one, an auction/keeper league, first year though.

I played in another as part of a baseball Facebook group I was in a couple of years ago. The season was really fun and dramatic, but it didn't get renewed after that.

Sedai 03-31-21 10:32 AM

My prediction is that now that my team has to play a full season again, they will slide in somewhere around 5th place, as is their way... ;)

@TONGO RE: John Means - I like him, but his schedule looks rough, so I went with the guy who has perhaps a slightly easier schedule, and has peripherals similar to Bauer, but is not actually Bauer. That's my reasoning behind the Means drop, anyway.

https://i.postimg.cc/sXjDWJ8J/Boyd.jpg

Yea, the guy runs into HR trouble, but I think he has good stuff, otherwise.

Yoda 03-31-21 11:00 AM

Yeah, he does. I had him for awhile a couple of years ago and took a chance on him last year. Might break out one of these days, or might be one of those many maddening guys with lots of talent but one fatal flaw he can never get over. Who knows.

Sedai 03-31-21 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2191588)
Yeah, he does. I had him for awhile a couple of years ago and took a chance on him last year. Might break out one of these days, or might be one of those many maddening guys with lots of talent but one fatal flaw he can never get over. Who knows.
Considering the cost (I think I drafted Means in one of the last rounds of the draft, then picked up Boyd as a FA), I think the upside is there. Oddly, he got the nod for opening day, but I don't know if that speaks more to his skill or the shabby state of their SP roster...

Speaking of that, I have 4 SP going opening day, which I don't think I have ever run into before. I usually opt for the pocket aces strategy, so it's usually two fellas on the mound on APR 1.

Yoda 03-31-21 11:17 AM

Yeah Boyd is a classic "nab late/off waivers and see if he figures something out" guy. I'd have rostered him awhile ago except, well, there's too many guys like that to choose from this early on.

And yeah Detroit figures to be really terrible.

TONGO 03-31-21 06:32 PM

Yeah John Means is getting the mound opening day also, but its against Boston. So I dont feel like starting hims a good idea at least for tomorrow. Ill have to sometime though as he is an AL East pitcher.

Sedai 04-01-21 10:16 AM

Well, still looking forward to today's games, even though my ****ing SS is already hurt. ONE day before opening day, the guy goes down. He was having a great Spring, also.

Yoda 04-01-21 11:09 AM

Oh my God today some new baseball numbers pop into existence wowwwwwww

Wyldesyde19 04-01-21 01:42 PM

I see one game has already been postponed due to COVID.
Nationals-Mets is off.
Red Sox-Orioles were also ppd due to weather.

Yoda 04-01-21 01:43 PM

Yeah, not a great start. Nats-Mets already postponed tomorrow, too, as a result. The New Look Mets have to wait a couple of days.

Yoda 04-01-21 01:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Yoda 04-01-21 04:09 PM

One thing I totally forgot to bring up, but would really love to do, is combine Saves and Holds into one category so people don't have to be at the arbitrary mercies of managers and can just focus on finding talented relievers. I played with SVHDs in another league and it felt much better. We'd need a replacement pitching category, of course, but there are some good options there.

Anyway, I'll try to remember to bring it up next year.

Powdered Water 04-01-21 04:30 PM

I like that. Let's do it. I wonder if a W/QS category isn't also gonna see more life as well pretty soon. Seems like the days of a starting pitcher going more than 6 innings is going the way of the dodo.

TONGO 04-01-21 06:09 PM

I like the SVHDs and WNQSs ideas as long as we do both.