Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What movie genre would your life be? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=68254)

TheVanillaGorilla 06-07-23 11:46 PM

So if your life was a film what genre what would it fit into? Like if you travel across country a lot maybe your life is a road movie. Or if you're a stoner you could categorize your life as a stoner movie etc.

Mine feels like a silent film with elements of social surrealism. Not long ago I was walking around the high Street and I couldn't help but notice that literally almost all of the elderly women down the high Street were wearing red coats. It freaked me out a bit as for all I know they all could be part of a cult or something. So yeah s*** gets surreal at times. There is a touch of black comedy in my life too. Not long back there was a re-showing of The green mile in my local theater. When the scene came around where Percy forgets to wet the sponge and the guy's head burst into flames I was pissing myself laughing I literally had tears coming down my face. I got some dirty looks but that's life I guess. Overall though my life currently would probably be a silent movie. What's yours?

KeyserCorleone 06-07-23 11:53 PM

Re: What movie genre would your life be?

Slow cinema experimental in the style of Jeanne Dielman except with a lot of philosophical dialogue.

TheVanillaGorilla 06-07-23 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by KeyserCorleone (Post 2391467)
Slow cinema experimental in the style of Jeanne Dielman except with a lot of philosophical dialogue.

That's a very detailed description 👍 At least your life isn't a psychological horror with scenes of cannibalism. So it could be worse

Allaby 06-08-23 12:05 AM

Mine would be an independent character driven drama.

PHOENIX74 06-08-23 03:13 AM

Most definitely a comedy...

TheVanillaGorilla 06-08-23 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by PHOENIX74 (Post 2391474)
Most definitely a comedy...

By your profile picture I can tell Lol.

Citizen Rules 06-08-23 12:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What movie genre would your life be?
There's only one logical answer:

John Dumbear 06-08-23 12:07 PM

Tragic dark comedic musical.

Thief 06-08-23 12:33 PM

Roland Emmerich disaster film

ScarletLion 06-08-23 12:59 PM

Casavettes style family drama

Steve Freeling 06-08-23 02:42 PM

A Makoto Shinkai/Mamoru Hosoda hybrid about a young man searching for his other half while juggling work and family dysfunction.

Yoda 06-08-23 02:47 PM

A highly experimental film people would argue about way too much.

TONGO 06-08-23 02:49 PM

Dramedy.

Hysterical to heart wrenching.

John W Constantine 06-08-23 03:40 PM

A confession that meant....nothing...

Stirchley 06-09-23 01:56 PM

British girl fulfills her dream of moving from England to NYC. Movie shows that dreams do come true if you really want it or if you’re stupid enough to go after a dream. :p

AgrippinaX 06-09-23 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by TheVanillaGorilla (Post 2391468)
That's a very detailed description 👍 At least your life isn't a psychological horror with scenes of cannibalism. So it could be worse
The above is me minus the cannibalism. Was just about to volunteer that info in a post of my own and saw the above.

Wyldesyde19 06-09-23 03:16 PM

Slow cinema of a man spending his time watching movies with the occasional trips to the outside world.

Tugg 06-09-23 04:05 PM

Dystopian Science Fiction.

AgrippinaX 06-09-23 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Wyldesyde19 (Post 2391711)
Slow cinema of a man spending his time watching movies with the occasional trips to the outside world.
Delightfully meta.

TheVanillaGorilla 06-09-23 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by AgrippinaX (Post 2391710)
The above is me minus the cannibalism. Was just about to volunteer that info in a post of my own and saw the above.

Well I hope the psychological horror part of your life will pass. What genre would you like your life to be? Like me I would like to find myself in the middle of a chick flick with Denise Richards and Sharon stone 😛