Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Forums Site Stuff (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Top MoFos Countdown - 4ever (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=47880)

Miss Vicky 01-26-17 12:49 AM

~VOTING IS CLOSED~

http://www.angelfire.com/music6/walt...os2017/TMC.png
(Image courtesy of Sexy Celebrity)

It's that time again!

Those of you who have been here for awhile know the drill. This will work just like any other forum wide list - except you don't have to watch anything for it! (So don't give me any crap about needing more time than what I'm going to give you. It should only take you a few minutes to put together a ballot.)

So here's what you do:

In a private message, send me a list of your top 25 MoFos in ranked, numbered order (with no ties) no later than midnight Pacific Time the night of Thursday, February 9th. That's just over two weeks. You will not get an extension.

The unveiling of the countdown will occur sometime either Saturday, February 11th or Sunday the 12th (or possibly split between the two). I'll update this with a more accurate time once I know my personal schedule for the month of February.

And here are the rules:

Any person who has been a member for at least 30 days - and who is not a known alternate account - may vote. If you registered after January 10, 2017, you may not vote.

You may not vote for yourself but you may vote for any other MovieForums.com members. This includes inactive members, banned members, and alternate accounts. I strongly discourage you from voting for alts, but I'm too lazy to police it and there are just too damn many of them.

If you do not wish to be included in the countdown, you may post in this thread asking that people refrain from voting for you. However, if people decide to vote for you anyway, those votes will be considered valid and will be counted.

If you wish to vote, but do not wish to have your name added to the list of voters, you may vote anonymously. Just put a note in your PM that your ballot is anonymous. I will not post your name in the voters list and will not share anyone's ballot. Who you vote for doesn't need to be known by anyone but you and me.

If you publicly unveil your personal list prior to the countdown, your votes will be disqualified. No exceptions. Once the countdown has begun, you may say whether or not you voted for someone as their name is revealed. However, please do not reveal your full ballot until the countdown is complete.

Your list must be ranked and in numerical order. MoFos will be awarded points as follows: 25 points for 1st place, 24 points for 2nd place, 23 for 3rd and so on, all the way down to one point for your 25th placed MoFo.

Once you have submitted your list to me, it is considered final. The only exceptions to this will be in cases of obvious errors, such as voting for the same person twice.

If you are having trouble coming up with 25 worthy names, you may submit a partial list of no fewer than 10 MoFos. Ballots shorter than 10 entries will not be accepted. Votes from partial ballots will be scored the same as full ballots, so your number one will receive 25 points, your number two will receive 24 points, and so on.

• I reserve the right to amend this list of rules as needed.

Please remember this is all in good fun.

If your name does not appear on the countdown or you are ranked lower than you had hoped, try not to get offended and don't make an issue of it.

Miss Vicky 01-26-17 12:49 AM

Voters:

1. The Rodent
2. Miss Vicky
3. TheUsualSuspect
4. CiCi
5. Captain Spaulding
6. Sexy Celebrity
7. Tongo
8. Citizen Rules
9. rauldc14
10. Fabulous
11. AdamUpBxtch
12. tatmmw2
13. matt72582
14. Roy C.
15. WorldFilmGeek
16. honeykid
17. ashdoc
18. cricket
19. Movie Max
20. Dadgumblah
21. ash_is_the_gal
22. JayDee
23. NedStark09
24. Austruck
25. Omnizoa
26. (Anonymous Voter #1)
27. Clazor
28. EdArsenal
29. Funny Face
30. Iroquois
31. Cosmic Runaway
32. Friendly Mushroom!
33. The Gunslinger45
34. Gbgoodies
35. Silent Vamp
36. MovieMeditation
37. Frightened Inmate No. 2
38. Nope1172
39. DerekVinyard
40. Dexter007
41. (Anonymous Voter #2)
42. Gatsby

Iroquois 01-26-17 01:08 AM

Re: The Top MoFos Countdown - 4ever

lol

Yoda 01-26-17 01:22 AM

Please don't vote for me! :) And not for emotional reasons or as a protest, but for very logical reasons: my position as admin would obviously skew the vote unfairly, and I get plenty of thanks and credit from you guys already, particularly from the fact that you choose to spend your time here at all.

So have fun, and vote for one of the many deserving members here, instead. Thank you!

Gatsby 01-26-17 09:28 AM

Let the circle jerk commence!

The Rodent 01-26-17 10:01 AM

This was so easy this year.
All the crap I've been through since Christmas plus what happened the other day, my list is all the people who have messaged and commented, and supported me over the past 6-8 weeks :)

Citizen Rules 01-26-17 10:41 AM

Miss Vicky question:

Any person who has been a member for at least 30 days - and who is not a known alternate account - may vote.

Is that 30 days from the deadline? or from when you made this thread?

Miss Vicky 01-26-17 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1633241)
Miss Vicky question:

Any person who has been a member for at least 30 days - and who is not a known alternate account - may vote.

Is that 30 days from the deadline? or from when you made this thread?
From the deadline. So if someone joined after January 10th, they are ineligible. However, if someone who joined shortly before that date submits a list before the deadline, I'll set those votes aside until the deadline and make sure that person is actually still active.

Citizen Rules 01-26-17 12:26 PM

Thanks.

I think I'll work on my own list today before I forget.

Camo 01-26-17 03:53 PM

Can people not vote for me either this time, please? Thanks :)

Citizen Rules 01-26-17 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1633314)
Can people not vote for me either this time, please? Thanks :)
Seriously? because I was just about to send in my list. Anybody else not want to be voted for?

Camo 01-26-17 04:07 PM

Yeah, thanks for the post comment same here. I'd rather sit this out though.

Chypmunk 01-26-17 04:14 PM

I never want to be part of popularity contests either, thanks.

Citizen Rules 01-26-17 04:21 PM

OK, I have to modify my list again. But I understand.

TheUsualSuspect 01-26-17 05:41 PM

Yes, as the more popular people fall out, Suspect rises a few spots.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/34/344f1...ebcc6262dc.jpg

mark f 01-26-17 07:09 PM

Exclude me please. :cool:

Frightened Inmate No. 2 01-26-17 07:30 PM

mark and yoda have both agreed to give all of the votes they receive to me. thanks guys

CiCi 01-26-17 08:07 PM

No way has this been a year :eek:

Swan 01-26-17 09:26 PM

Please don't vote for me.

rauldc14 01-26-17 09:44 PM

If we have learned anything about people wanting to sit out, it's that they actually do better still :laugh:

TheUsualSuspect 01-27-17 01:03 AM

When I presented last year, I just made them Anonymous

Sexy Celebrity 01-27-17 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect (Post 1633470)
When I presented last year, I just made them Anonymous
That was ugly. I like the fact that Miss Vicky wants to include everybody, whether they want to be in it or not. That's the way to go.

Mr Minio 01-27-17 05:34 AM

I'm an optimist, so my favourite MoFo ever is yet to make an account.

TONGO 01-27-17 04:18 PM

I submitted my top 10. :) 25 seemed too many, isnt that about the same amount of accounts that post here everyday?

Camo 01-27-17 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 1633639)
I submitted my top 10. :) 25 seemed too many, isnt that about the same amount of accounts that post here everyday?
You could always pick users that you liked who don't post here anymore. I did in my past lists, alot of them might not make it without your vote since some voters won't know them.

Citizen Rules 01-28-17 05:33 PM

I just submitted my list and I included all 25 spots. Certainly anyone can find 25 MoFos who are interesting and add to MoFo, I mean there's a lot of people here and I wish I could have included more names.:)

TheUsualSuspect 01-29-17 02:10 AM

That's cause you have too many people on ignore.

Originally Posted by SexyCelebrity
That was ugly. I like the fact that Miss Vicky wants to include everybody, whether they want to be in it or not. That's the way to go.
Really?

Miss Vicky 01-30-17 04:24 PM

Send me your lists people!

Yoda 01-30-17 04:27 PM

That could say "Send me your people lists" and it'd still make sense.

Citizen Rules 01-30-17 04:46 PM

I prefer minimalist;)

people! list!

Chypmunk 01-30-17 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1634758)
I prefer minimalist;)

people! list!
But that could mean that people lean to one side or even worse are being ordered to :eek:

Citizen Rules 01-30-17 04:53 PM

Good one!:D

Fabulous 02-01-17 06:30 PM

Sent mine.

Miss Vicky 02-01-17 06:31 PM

Just got a list from Fabulous which makes 10 voters so far including myself, and just over a week to go. I'll probably send a mass PM out tomorrow.

Don't make me come after you, send me your list today!

AdamUpBxtch 02-02-17 01:08 PM

I do not appreciate Felicity's beautiful mug being left off the main picture, but I'll still send in a list because I'm a nice guy ;)

tatmmw2 02-02-17 01:47 PM

Sorry I didn't see this sooner, I will now start doing my list!

tatmmw2 02-02-17 02:25 PM

Sent! Looking forward to the results and if someone else doesn't want to be on the lists I will try to change it right away

matt72582 02-02-17 02:55 PM

Sent.. Thank you.

Miss Vicky 02-03-17 04:53 AM

Just got done tabulating the votes so far. The results are a little surprising. There's no clear frontrunner at the moment. I do have to wonder how much people asking not to be voted for has skewed the results, though.

mlaturno 02-03-17 05:32 AM

#VoteMlaturno2017

I alone can fix this place.

christine 02-03-17 08:21 AM

hmm. I don't normally vote in things like this as I honestly can't put people in order of how I like them, it just doesn't seem right. Besides four of the people I do really like have asked not to be included, so best not include me either. Sorry.

cricket 02-03-17 08:26 AM

Too late to join the party poopers, Christine, you're already high on the list I sent!

Movie Max 02-03-17 10:02 AM

List sent.

Movie Max 02-03-17 10:04 AM

Who or what are the known alternate accounts, because I don't know.:(

Camo 02-03-17 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Movie Max (Post 1636376)
Who or what are the known alternate accounts, because I don't know.:(
Suspect had Wolfsbane and Redsomething - that wasn't the name i can't remember what it was though other than it started with Red. Mr Sparkle was either his or someone else in Survivors too.

SC is rumored to have Psychic Isaac and Dorothy Michaels but i think they are just really good friends of his. Plus Database Errol who was banned :(

Then someone has a Santa Clause alt can't remember who. That or it's the real Santa we haven't ruled that out.

Movie Max 02-03-17 10:11 AM

Thanks. Looks like I didn't vote twice for anyone.

WorldFilmGeek 02-03-17 11:37 AM

I did mine yesterday and kind of being new on here...I just pretty much based my list on my reputation rating. LOL

Citizen Rules 02-03-17 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by WorldFilmGeek (Post 1636425)
I did mine yesterday and kind of being new on here...I just pretty much based my list on my reputation rating. LOL
Is it too late to rep all of your post;)

Miss Vicky 02-03-17 02:06 PM

Keep those votes coming people. I'd really like to get a wider variety of opinions and I hope some of you who've said you won't vote will reconsider and some of you who've asked not to be voted for will still turn in a ballot.

As the voting stands now we cannot have a top 100 because only 97 MoFos have received any votes at all.

Camo 02-03-17 02:14 PM

I'll send a list if i can vote for NedStark 25 times.

Miss Vicky 02-03-17 02:15 PM

:coleman:

Camo 02-03-17 02:18 PM

If Gary Coleman counts as a MoFo then yeah, he'd be my #1.

Miss Vicky 02-03-17 02:24 PM

:joaquin:

doubledenim 02-03-17 02:39 PM

Sorry First Lady, I can't submit a list because all of the people I would vote for have withdrawn their candidacy.

And, like Camo I can't vote Ned 25. The one Fo that brings that real eurytime.

Camo 02-03-17 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by doubledenim (Post 1636534)
Sorry First Lady, I can't submit a list because all of the people I would vote for have withdrawn their candidacy.

And, like Camo I can't vote Ned 25. The one Fo that brings that real eurytime.
Love how Miss Vicky has been demoted to First Lady apparently. Sorry mang, it's a man's world :D

Miss Vicky 02-03-17 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by doubledenim (Post 1636534)
It's Madame President, tyvm. :mad:

And you most certainly can still vote because

a) I haven't withdrawn ;)

b) You can still vote for anybody you want to vote for, whether they like it or not.

Miss Vicky 02-03-17 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1636537)
Love how Miss Vicky has been demoted to First Lady apparently. Sorry mang, it's a man's world :D
http://www.angelfire.com/music6/walt...Gifs/vexed.gif

Miss Vicky 02-03-17 04:18 PM

ash_is_the_gal's vote gives us enough people for a top 100, but I'm not satisfied. Also the current difference between the #1 and #2 MoFos is 1 point. :eek:

Come on, people, vote! Your individual vote can greatly affect the outcome!

tatmmw2 02-03-17 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1636379)
Suspect had Wolfsbane and Redsomething - that wasn't the name i can't remember what it was though other than it started with Red. Mr Sparkle was either his or someone else in Survivors too.
You forgot about CosmicRunAway

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 1636597)
ash_is_the_gal's vote gives us enough people for a top 100, but I'm not satisfied. Also the current difference between the #1 and #2 MoFos is 1 point. :eek:

Come on, people, vote! Your individual vote can greatly affect the outcome!
You can always count on me voting twice by sendind more than one list

CosmicRunaway 02-03-17 04:46 PM

For anyone who doesn't follow Survivor: me being Suspect is just a running joke, and has no basis in reality haha.

Camo 02-03-17 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by CosmicRunaway (Post 1636612)
For anyone who doesn't follow Survivor: me being Suspect is just a running joke, and has no basis in reality haha.
I almost said and CiCi is Topsy but i'm not sure if CiCi is pretending to be a Norwegian woman or if Topsy is pretending to be a British guy. Either way its definitely true.

doubledenim 02-03-17 06:38 PM

Whoopsie. Typical denny. What I meant was "Most Exalted One" or PoMoFo. :D

SilentVamp 02-04-17 01:20 PM

I sent in a list last year and I planned on doing one this year.

I just took my computer in to get fixed this morning. I am fully expecting it back by Thursday. So I will work on a list tonight and I should be able to get that sent to you by the deadline.

CiCi 02-04-17 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1636617)
I almost said and CiCi is Topsy but i'm not sure if CiCi is pretending to be a Norwegian woman or if Topsy is pretending to be a British guy. Either way its definitely true.
We like to keep the mystery and tension running :D

edarsenal 02-04-17 03:30 PM

CiCi is Topsy?
Topsy is CiCi??

https://youtu.be/CptdTBDkK_g

and I WILL be sending a list - I think the hard part is whether I'll respect the wishes not to be voted for or follow My High Exalted Madame President and say "tough ***** I'm voting for all of you anyways" :drevil:

Omnizoa 02-04-17 09:37 PM

Thanks for the PM Vicky, got 25 in. :up:

I haven't had a chance to engage with all of the regulars over the past year, but I ranked my experiences with those I did.

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1633149)
Please don't vote for me! :)
Woulda been top of my list just cause I really liked our discussions. Mad respect.

Miss Vicky 02-05-17 10:25 PM

Only 4 days and about 5.5 hours left to vote! Send me your ballots!

doubledenim 02-05-17 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by edarsenal (Post 1637202)

and I WILL be sending a list - I think the hard part is whether I'll respect the wishes not to be voted for or follow My High Exalted Madame President and say
"tough ***** I'm voting for all of you anyways":drevil:

I like the way this guy thinks.

gbgoodies 02-06-17 01:34 AM

I'm trying to narrow my list down to only 25 people, but this feels almost impossible. We have so many great new members and more active members this year that I have about 25 people that I want to add to last year's list. I apologize in advance to those people who will eventually get cut from my list.

Is there a list somewhere of the people who asked not to be included in this list?

tatmmw2 02-06-17 01:38 AM

Right now:

Camo
Yoda
christine
Chypmunk
Mark F
Swan

Still I believe MV allows them to be on list either way since "it's your list and you can vote for whoever you want" (except if they register after 10/1/16) I should be VP instead of however it is right now that I forgot, cricket? :)

And I also didn't notice one of them and I send a list with that person on it, it's ok MV, should I replace him/her?

tatmmw2 02-06-17 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by CosmicRunaway (Post 1636612)
Right..

gbgoodies 02-06-17 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by tatmmw2 (Post 1638348)
Right now:

Camo
Yoda
christine
Chypmunk
Mark F
Swan

Thanks. At least that narrows my list down a little bit. Now I just have to figure out how to remove about another 20+ people.

tatmmw2 02-06-17 01:43 AM

Remember who helped you with the list ;) LOL

Also I edited the post

Miss Vicky 02-06-17 01:46 AM

And I also didn't notice one of them and I send a list with that person on it, it's ok MV, should I replace him/her?
No. Lists are final once they're submitted and I've entered them into the spreadsheet. I'm not going to go back and change it.

All people who asked to be left out can still be voted for and quite a few people have voted for them. People aren't allowed to vote for themselves, but everyone else is fair game.

gbgoodies 02-06-17 01:46 AM

Right now:

Camo
Yoda
christine
Chypmunk
Mark F
Swan

Still I believe MV allows them to be on list either way since "it's your list and you can vote for whoever you want" (except if they register after 10/1/16) I should be VP instead of however it is right now that I forgot, cricket? :)

Thanks for the info, but they were all on my potential list, so by honoring their requests, it makes room for other people who deserve to be on the list.

Miss Vicky 02-07-17 09:33 AM

Only two days left!

Also it's come to my attention that I need to clarify what I said about the scoring. If you send in a partial list, your number one choice will still get 25 points, your number two will get 24 points, and so on.

Sexy Celebrity 02-08-17 12:42 AM

:whoopi::whoopi::whoopi::whoopi::whoopi::whoopi::whoopi:
SEND IN YOUR LIST

OF YOUR
TOP 25
MOVIE FORUMS
MEMBERS

TO
MISS VICKY

:bea::joaquin::flair::data::buck::busey:
NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:hogan::mrt::hogan::mrt::hogan:
PM THAT BITCH!

Iroquois 02-08-17 08:05 AM

Sent mine in.

TheUsualSuspect 02-08-17 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Iroquois (Post 1640444)
Sent mine in.
1. Iroquois.
25. Meatwadsprite

Iroquois 02-08-17 08:50 AM

I thought about trying to pull a one-pointer but I decided that whoever it was would never be worth it.

Miss Vicky 02-08-17 03:19 PM

There are only about 36 hours left to vote! Send me your ballots now!

tatmmw2 02-08-17 05:06 PM

I wonder, when is the countdown? It's not just after the deadline, or is it?

Sexy Celebrity 02-08-17 05:18 PM

Please - if you haven't sent in a list, do so now. Don't worry about who you put on it (or who you don't). Your list doesn't have to be revealed. Only if you choose to reveal it yourself. Nobody else is gonna reveal it. Nobody has to find out anything.

Let's make this the BIGGEST Top MoFos Countdown yet. With the most people ever sending in a list. So far it's looking decent, but it could be VASTLY improved and more accurate with more lists. So send in a list of 25 MoFos to Miss Vicky.

Sexy Celebrity 02-08-17 05:23 PM

Miss Vicky has to do a lot of work putting this whole thing together. MAKE IT WORTH IT for her by sending in your list now. Please.

Miss Vicky 02-08-17 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by tatmmw2 (Post 1640762)
I wonder, when is the countdown? It's not just after the deadline, or is it?
The countdown will most likely be on Sunday. If I get everything prepped in time to start Saturday, I will, but that won't be until sometime in the afternoon since I'll be at work until around 1:00 p.m. Saturday.

Miss Vicky 02-08-17 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1640772)
Your list doesn't have to be revealed. Only if you choose to reveal it yourself. Nobody else is gonna reveal it. Nobody has to find out anything.

I want to highlight this.

While I may post stats as to how many points came from each placement on the ballots (how many first place votes, second place, etc), the only people who will know who you voted for are you and me. I will not show your ballot to anyone.

You also don't have to reveal your votes publicly if you don't wish to. What many people have done in the past is reveal who they voted for, but not in what order, instead publicly listing the people in alphabetical order instead of the ranked order of their ballot.

I'm a little on the fence about a one-pointers list, though. Haven't decided whether I'll post it or not.

AdamUpBxtch 02-08-17 05:38 PM

Yeah I show no shame in ranking Sexy as #25 on my list and revealing it ;)

Sexy Celebrity 02-08-17 05:39 PM

Getting one point looks better than thinking nobody voted for you at all, I think.

Clazor 02-08-17 05:44 PM

How many have sent in lists so far?

Miss Vicky 02-08-17 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Clazor (Post 1640791)
How many have sent in lists so far?
31, I believe. There are a few that I haven't added to the second post yet because I haven't had a chance to enter them into the spreadsheet.

Clazor 02-08-17 05:49 PM

You got a number in mind that you'd like to hit? Or is it just as many as you can get?

Sexy Celebrity 02-08-17 05:50 PM

Maybe reveal the one pointers mid-Countdown. That way they can be kept in suspense thinking they're on the list somewhere until the #50 point... but don't fool them any longer by thinking they're Top 50.

Sexy Celebrity 02-08-17 05:53 PM

Also, can't some people send in a list anonymously? How about that? Instead of revealing their username as someone who gave a list, just write "Anonymous."

Might make some more people decide to send in a list.

Miss Vicky 02-08-17 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1640797)
Maybe reveal the one pointers mid-Countdown. That way they can be kept in suspense thinking they're on the list somewhere until the #50 point... but don't fool them any longer by thinking they're Top 50.
That's a thought.

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1640800)
Also, can't some people send in a list anonymously? How about that? Instead of revealing their username as someone who gave a list, just write "Anonymous."

Might make some more people decide to send in a list.
I would be fine with that.

Sedai 02-08-17 05:57 PM

Winner Prediction: SEXY CELEBRITY

Is there anyone on this planet to even challenge him?!

Sexy Celebrity 02-08-17 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Sedai (Post 1640806)

No (or is that the code again?)

Doubt I'm even Top 10 this time.

Sexy Celebrity 02-08-17 06:02 PM

And I don't care. There's a vast amount of people here who truly do more for the forum than I do. I am overrated and I know it.

Miss Vicky 02-08-17 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Sedai (Post 1640806)

Didn't Cricket win it last year?

Sexy Celebrity 02-08-17 06:03 PM

Winners have been me, Swan and Cricket. Hoping for a new winner this year.

Miss Vicky 02-08-17 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Roy C. (Post 1640818)
Was it okay to vote for Roy C. ?
There's no limit to how long a MoFo has been here in order to receive votes, only a time quota for being able to submit them.