Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Upcoming Movies & Sequels (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Avengers: Infinity War (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=37628)

jrs 10-29-14 08:00 AM

Avengers: Infinity War

The Avengers will continue to take on Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet. The story will continue on from Avengers:Age of Ultron, and connect both the Thor and Guardians of Galaxy movies specifically.

Here's the leaked teaser trailer:

-KhaN- 10-29-14 09:37 PM

Re: Avengers: Infinity War Parts I and II

Whenever DC and Marvel make their announcements best thing to do is hide...Because fanboys are just insane,I mean they see Marvel/DC movie lists and first thing that comes to their minds is that the other one sucks!!!Instead of logical and normal thinking they go full retard...Like when Marvel announced they movie list people are talking more about how that is better than DC...Well ffs...I usually don't care about things like this but its every were,I go to watch AMC show and I(being an idiot) start reading comments,there is not one sane person in there.For me DC will always be better,but I'll still watch Marvel,I watched every movie in MCU(not counting Guardians,still need to watch that).And worst part is when idiot comes and say Marvel is beating DC every were,I know this looks like picking sides but well it is how it is,Marvel is not beating DC at anything,you can say at movies but that's it.DC has plenty of idiots also don't worry...I needed to write this,will sleep better. :)

rauldc14 10-29-14 09:40 PM

No offense but I'm taking nothing seriously from a teaser trailer about a film coming out in 2018 :laugh:

The Gunslinger45 10-29-14 10:37 PM

I admit I love the MCU and I have a lot more faith in Marvel Studios right now then I do the non Nolan DC movie universe (which I am in wait and see mode right now). But I could never say DC sucks. Because when it comes to the movies I blame Warner Brothers and not DC. Dc gave me the DC ANIMATED Universe and one of my top ten favorite TV shows Justice League (and Justice League Unlimited). Which did for TV what the Avengers movie did on the big screen.

Also, SO pumped for Phase III!

meatwadsprite 10-30-14 12:28 AM

This is so weird. The second one comes out next summer lol.

TheUsualSuspect 10-30-14 12:41 AM

I can't believe they are having it in two parts. I hope we don't have SuperHero Fatigue by then.

TONGO 10-30-14 12:46 AM

All I can say is you know theyll change it from the original story. Hollywood cant even stop tinkering with their own scripts. To do a true Infinity War (Gauntlet) then you gotta bring in everyone. Who? Like Gary Oldman said in The Professional...

https://31.media.tumblr.com/ca53fd96...XTI1rq5p7o.jpg

Avengers, Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer, all the X-Men, even Spider-Man, and it would be a good opportunity to introduce Dr Strange.

They could. Its not out of the realm of the impossible. I am truly concerned the story will be a cluttered mess like X-Men 3 and the Wolverine flicks. The best adaptations were the ones that kept the story simple, and for one of the biggest epics in Marvel comics I see alot of opportunity for failure due to the terrible Marvel movie epic track record.

Voigan 11-03-14 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 1196204)
All I can say is you know theyll change it from the original story. Hollywood cant even stop tinkering with their own scripts. To do a true Infinity War (Gauntlet) then you gotta bring in everyone. Who? Like Gary Oldman said in The Professional...

https://31.media.tumblr.com/ca53fd96...XTI1rq5p7o.jpg

Avengers, Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer, all the X-Men, even Spider-Man, and it would be a good opportunity to introduce Dr Strange.

They could. Its not out of the realm of the impossible. I am truly concerned the story will be a cluttered mess like X-Men 3 and the Wolverine flicks. The best adaptations were the ones that kept the story simple, and for one of the biggest epics in Marvel comics I see alot of opportunity for failure due to the terrible Marvel movie epic track record.
They'll pretty much have to simplify it and cut the roster down quite a bit. Even if Marvel gets those characters back by the time production starts they'd never be able to fit all of them into two films. I wouldn't mind Spiderman showing up if Sony is finished running him into the ground by then but I hope the X-Men and Fantastic Four stay well out of it.

jrs 11-03-14 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 1196204)
All I can say is you know theyll change it from the original story.....Avengers, Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer, all the X-Men, even Spider-Man, and it would be a good opportunity to introduce Dr Strange.

They could. Its not out of the realm of the impossible. I am truly concerned the story will be a cluttered mess like X-Men 3 and the Wolverine flicks. The best adaptations were the ones that kept the story simple, and for one of the biggest epics in Marvel comics I see a lot of opportunity for failure due to the terrible Marvel movie epic track record.
It's nice to imagine, but the characters let alone the story won't be exactly like comics. The characters in the film version Infinity War (the first part at least) will have The Avengers (a new roster since it will change at the end of Age of Ultron), Loki will be in it, and plus all the Marvel films tie in together it will most likely be with characters related to the Marvel Cinematic Universe we already know.....and as well as the ones we will encounter in future films. Such as Dr. Strange.

It would be cool to see maybe another Marvel team pop up in part two. But none of them are even part of the MCU whatsoever. So unless Spider-Man returns to Marvel by part two and becomes part of the MCU in some shocking and well done way, without ruining everything, than maybe....just maybe it could be possible. You never know what may happen by then.

All in all, I don't expect to see any close resemblance to the comics in the first film except The Avengers and the MCU characters, the main infinity gauntlet story line, and war with Thanos.

Sleezy 11-03-14 06:11 PM

I doubt we'll see any X-Men characters in the films being made by Marvel Studios, so long as 20th Century Fox owns the film rights to the X-Men, and so long as that franchise is doing well.

Mr Minio 11-03-14 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by jrs (Post 1195655)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a1/Tvbox.jpg

For some reason I thought the font is just like Tribes Vengeance's one, but the comparison has shown they are nothing like each other!

n3wt 11-04-14 12:40 PM

http://www.tocadacotia.com/wp-conten...uth-park-9.jpg

jrs 11-04-14 05:44 PM

Exclusive Avengers: Age of Ultron clip shown at the recent MCU Phase 3 event.

doubledenim 11-11-14 09:48 PM

that's how you split logs

mark_trapp 11-21-14 11:24 AM

The only thing I don't like about this movie is that its going to consist of 2 parts

jrs 12-14-14 02:47 AM

It seems that Joss Whedon is leaving the helm after Avengers: Age of Ultron, and directors Joe and Anthony Russo will take over for Avengers: Infinity War I & 2.

The Gunslinger45 12-14-14 02:50 AM

Well they did a hell of a job on Captain America 2, but I want Joss back for the final part.

Tim R-T-C 12-14-14 03:56 PM

So... people don't mind that this will be the 20th or so part of the ongoing Marvel comic book series and the second direct sequel to The Avengers - but make it a two parter and Marvel are just evil! :rolleyes:

jrs 12-14-14 05:27 PM

I don't mind this being two parts. All this is really is Avengers 3 and 4.

doubledenim 01-14-15 03:31 PM

I don't know who this guy is at Latino Review, but the leaks that come out of this site have been historically right more often than not. This link is just a big spoiler for the MCU, mainly the Infinity Wars movies.

http://www.latino-review.com/news/ma...hor-and-spidey