Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Intermission: Miscellaneous Chat (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Obama's Legacy (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=33965)

cinemaafficionado 11-30-13 01:24 AM

Obama's Legacy

Many years from now most people will have completely forgotten him.
When asked about him, some might even say: " Osama who? ".
Undoubtedly, some of the pundits will recognize him as the man who replaced Jimmy Carter with the distinction of being the worst president U.S.A ever had.

Mmmm Donuts 11-30-13 01:34 AM

Re: Obama's Legacy

That's quite extreme. President Buchachin is far, far worse, in most respects.

Also, I would make the claim that Osama Bin Laden will always be a big deal in US history.

cinemaafficionado 11-30-13 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by Mmmm Donuts (Post 994610)
That's quite extreme. President Buchachin is far, far worse, in most respects.

Also, I would make the claim that Osama Bin Laden will always be a big deal in US history.
The irony of the intentional misspelling is obviously wasted on you:D

Mmmm Donuts 11-30-13 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by cinemaafficionado (Post 994618)
The irony of the intentional misspelling is obviously wasted on you:D
Oh, that's what you meant.

Alright, you win this round. :goof:

cinemaafficionado 11-30-13 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by Mmmm Donuts (Post 994619)
Oh, that's what you meant.

Alright, you win this round. :goof:
Thank you for proving my point that it is easy to get confused when one mentions the name.:D
Furthermore, Barack doesn't help either, as most people assossiate it with an Israely name:rolleyes:

gandalf26 11-30-13 04:13 AM

Worse that George Watch This Drive Bush?

cinemaafficionado 11-30-13 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by gandalf26 (Post 994667)
Worse that George Watch This Drive Bush?
Just say " W ". Much easier on the tongue. And yes " W " will be remembered more so than BO.

gandalf26 11-30-13 10:13 AM

Remembered yes, but definitely not worse than GWB.

wintertriangles 11-30-13 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by gandalf26 (Post 994704)
Who cares? Dude's far from good. The whole world is waiting for us to do something about it, but it's not gonna happen.

Powdered Water 11-30-13 11:10 AM

This is already the dumbest thread on the internet.

EDIT: Today.

cinemaafficionado 11-30-13 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Powdered Water (Post 994709)
This is already the dumbest thread on the internet.

EDIT: Today.
Brainwashed just like a true Obama disciple!

wintertriangles 11-30-13 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by cinemaafficionado (Post 994725)
Brainwashed just like a true Obama disciple!
I don't think he supports Obama fyi

cinemaafficionado 11-30-13 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by wintertriangles (Post 994726)
I don't think he supports Obama fyi
In that case, he clearly failed to comprehend my irony, as Obama has been about nothing other than an empty legacy.

Yoda 11-30-13 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by gandalf26 (Post 994704)
This is the kind of thing someone overseas is way more likely to say, because they only pay attention to the foreign policy stuff, which they largely disagreed with. But economically it was night and day. Take a look at those mid-'00 employment numbers sometimes. Lots of things were better than they are now.

Regardless, it's amazing how often the sentiment above is used to try to get the President off the hook.

The Gunslinger45 11-30-13 01:12 PM

At least with W I knew my 2nd Amendment rights were not under assault. No such luck with Barry O.

gandalf26 11-30-13 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 994734)
This is the kind of thing someone overseas is way more likely to say, because they only pay attention to the foreign policy stuff, which they largely disagreed with. But economically it was night and day. Take a look at those mid-'00 employment numbers sometimes. Lots of things were better than they are now.

Regardless, it's amazing how often the sentiment above is used to try to get the President off the hook.
Obama inherited the current economic situation from GWB, and I'm not a fan of Obama at all but worse than the actual certified idiot GWB?? cmon.

wintertriangles 11-30-13 01:18 PM

In my experience "Yes, but.." = argument lost

cinemaafficionado 11-30-13 01:21 PM

Actually, the current economic situation is worse than under GWB and that's one of the main problems in USA other than a current totaly moronic foreign policy!

gandalf26 11-30-13 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by wintertriangles (Post 994741)
In my experience "Yes, but.." = argument lost
:)

wintertriangles 11-30-13 01:26 PM

It is indeed hard to make this argument, considering in the first 3 years he spent more than Bush's two terms. I couldn't fathom how much worse it is after 5 years.

It's also hard to say he inherited something from an administration that he often mimics, or exceeds in terms of offense spending (who are we kidding calling it "defense" anyway)

But I know it's not just him, the Pentagon just happened to lose track of 8.5 TRILLION dollars since '96. This is not on the news, nor will it be.