Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Actors, Awards, & Directors (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Whats your favorite Danny Boyle movie ? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=20706)

zedlen 09-16-09 02:21 PM

Whats your favorite Danny Boyle movie ?

treycool 09-16-09 02:27 PM

Re: Whats your favorite Danny Boyle movie ?

Tough question indeed. It would have to be a close race between Trainspotting and 28 Days Later. Trainspotting would probably win in the end.

WBadger 09-16-09 03:16 PM

I really can't wait to get into more of Danny Boyle's movies, and I've heard a lot of good things about Trainspotting.

Obviously, I liked Slumdog Millionaire, so I'm looking forward to what else he has to offer.

Brother Blue 09-16-09 04:09 PM

Sunshine - It's just a fantastic film.

I enjoy most of his other work. Although I don't rate Slumdog that highly, it's still a decently directed film.

beelzebubbles 09-16-09 04:38 PM

I had to go with Trainspotting, the working class junkies are just more likable than murdering yuppies of Shallow Grave. Let's face it the ravenous zombies of 28 Days Later are more likable than those three. Slumdog Millionaire is wildly overrated and I haven't seen Millions, Sunshine or The Beach.

Will this post stick or will it be disappeared like the last one? Hmmmm...

Thursday Next 09-16-09 05:13 PM

Great poll idea! I'm torn between Sunshine and 28 Days Later...

honeykid 09-16-09 10:26 PM

I've not seen all of them, so I might change my mind, but if I [had] to choose one, it'd be Millions as it's the only one I had any time for.

Iroquois 09-16-09 10:27 PM

Trainspotting, followed ever so closely by Shallow Grave.

zedlen 09-17-09 01:20 AM

I had to go with Trainspotting, its been a favorite of mines since I can remember but I think Sunshine is just as good. Followed closely behind by The Beach and 28 Days Later.

7thson 09-17-09 01:36 AM

Shallow Grave
It holds a special place in my love for movies heart. Trainspotting would be 2nd with Sunshine winding up the top 3. I have to admit that I even enjoyed The Beach after a 2nd go at it not too long ago. I had written it off because of Leo back in the day.

Harry Lime 09-17-09 02:05 AM

Trainspotting, followed closely by Sunshine.

42ndStreetFreak 09-17-09 08:07 AM

Had to go with "Trainspotting".

nebbit 09-17-09 08:25 AM

I went with Shallow grave :yup: but I wanted to vote for at least 3 :yup:

Caitlyn 09-17-09 10:53 AM

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family...

Trainspotting

adidasss 09-17-09 11:02 AM

Trainspotting by a mile.

honeykid 09-17-09 11:19 AM

Man, this thread is depressing. Trainspotting is one of the most overrated films I've ever had the displeasure to endure. :(

Used Future 09-17-09 11:27 AM

I don't care for any of them.

zedlen 09-17-09 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by honeykid (Post 567421)
Man, this thread is depressing. Trainspotting is one of the most overrated films I've ever had the displeasure to endure. :(
I'm sorry to hear that. Unless you have some valid reasons for that remark can you please leave this thread now before we all tear you apart. ;)

Caitlyn 09-17-09 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by honeykid (Post 567421)

I don't see how you could become depressed over this... especially since there are only eight movies to pick from... why not try world hunger or some such thing if you want to look for something to be depressed over... ;)

Anyway, why do you dislike Trainspotting?

honeykid 09-17-09 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by zedlen (Post 567428)
I'm sorry to hear that. Unless you have some valid reasons for that remark can you please leave this thread now before we all tear you apart. ;)
LOL.

Originally Posted by Caitlyn (Post 567432)
I don't see how you could become depressed over this... especially since there are only eight movies to pick from... why not try world hunger or some such thing if you want to look for something to be depressed over... ;)

Anyway, why do you dislike Trainspotting?
It's been a long time, so this might be a little unreasonable, but I just didn't see what the big deal was. Although I've seen films in which I didn't care for the characters, I actively hated all the junkies, it would've been a much better film if they'd all just OD'd in the first scene and be done with it.

I didn't find it funny, I didn't think it was 'cool', I really just didn't like anything about it. Not the acting, the script, the setting, nothing. In fact, I think the only two things I liked about it were that it used (and popularised again) Iggy Pop's "Lust For Life" and the bit when they shot the dog and it bit it's owner. That was the only laugh I got from the whole film.

Oh, as for world hunger, that doesn't depress me because I know how that can be solved. World hunger makes me angry, not depressed. :mad: