Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is it me or is The Descent just too creepy? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=66903)

Muz 09-24-22 07:10 PM

Is it me or is The Descent just too creepy?

Is it me or is The Descent is just too creepy that I don't dare watch the movie anymore?

Cryptic 09-24-22 07:30 PM

Re: Is it me or is The Descent just too creepy?

Is that the one where a group of ladies go caving (spelunking) and end up getting lost/trapped and also facing off against some beasts picking them off one by one?

SpelingError 09-24-22 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Muz (Post 2335346)
Is it me or is The Descent is just too creepy that I don't dare watch the movie anymore?
I can't read your mind, so you tell me :D

culliford 09-24-22 07:34 PM

I love that movie. Keep on watching, and just hide behind a cushion if it gets to tense. :)

ironpony 09-30-22 12:48 AM

It is really creepy but that's what makes it really effective. I am split on the ending, that the protagonist seems to not blame her husband as much for what happened, but still a good effective horror movie.

Corax 09-30-22 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by Muz (Post 2335346)
It's just you.

xSookieStackhouse 10-01-22 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Cryptic (Post 2335349)
Is that the one where a group of ladies go caving (spelunking) and end up getting lost/trapped and also facing off against some beasts picking them off one by one?
that what i was thinking aswell

Cryptic 10-01-22 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by xSookieStackhouse (Post 2336918)
that what i was thinking aswell
:-) Im pretty sure there is another movie similar to that where some cavers are trapped and being attacked by really large creatures, some that can even fly.

Corax 10-01-22 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Cryptic (Post 2336956)
:-) Im pretty sure there is another movie similar to that where some cavers are trapped and being attacked by really large creatures, some that can even fly.

The Cave (2005)

Cryptic 10-01-22 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Corax (Post 2336960)
Thats the one, thanks Corax.

Thief 10-01-22 02:34 PM

I saw The Descent in theaters back in the day. I think it was actually one of the first dates, if not the first, with my wife and we both loved it. We've seen it several times after that, but despite that, we tried to rewatch it last Halloween I think, and we both got major heebie-jeebies during the first act as they are exploring the cave. My wife even bailed out, again, despite having seen it numerous times. Weird.

Thief 10-01-22 02:46 PM

BTW, The Cave is pretty terrible.

Wooley 10-01-22 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Thief (Post 2336984)
I saw The Descent in theaters back in the day. I think it was actually one of the first dates, if not the first, with my wife and we both loved it. We've seen it several times after that, but despite that, we tried to rewatch it last Halloween I think, and we both got major heebie-jeebies during the first act as they are exploring the cave. My wife even bailed out, again, despite having seen it numerous times. Weird.
Yup. The scariest part of the movie to me, up to a certain point, had been the part where that one girl gets kinda stuck. Freaked me the hell out.

Thief 10-01-22 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Wooley (Post 2337000)
Yup. The scariest part of the movie to me, up to a certain point, had been the part where that one girl gets kinda stuck. Freaked me the hell out.
Yep. That's the point when we had to stop it. Like I said, my wife couldn't go on. I had to get up, get something to drink before going back to it.