Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Questions (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Unanswered:  American martial arts / action movie where end fight is on a roof top (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=57373)

krs000aaa 07-14-18 04:39 PM

American martial arts / action movie where end fight is on a roof top

I'm looking for the name of an American (at least I think it's American, it's definitely not Asian anyway) martial arts film, or action movie with martial arts elements. I think it was in the 1980s. The final fight sequence was on top of a building. I remember it being quite violent and someone may have gotten their head crushed or slammed with a piece of brick or thrown into a pile of bricks maybe.
PS: It's not the movie Revenge of the Ninja which end fight is on a roof top also. It was not ninjas fighting in the movie I am thinking of.

DomAlfred 07-14-18 08:39 PM

Possibly way off the mark, but as you say it's not Asian, one film is springing to mind, and that is Remo: Unarmed and dangerous? Otherwise known as Remo: The Adventure begins.

I did also think of Jet Li The Master 1989. Possibly also known as Dragon Fight.

krs000aaa 07-15-18 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by DomAlfred (Post 1923755)
Possibly way off the mark, but as you say it's not Asian, one film is springing to mind, and that is Remo: Unarmed and dangerous? Otherwise known as Remo: The Adventure begins.

I did also think of Jet Li The Master 1989. Possibly also known as Dragon Fight.
Thank you for the reply!
I looked up the three films you mentioned and checked them out, but unfortunately it's none of them. I am not entirely sure but it seems the fight sequence at the end just had two people fighting each other on top of the building and not a bunch.
One scene stands out which involved someone's skull or face getting hit / smashed with a piece of brick or slammed into a pile of bricks.
The film felt very North American.

Cryptic 07-15-18 10:52 AM

Re: American martial arts / action movie where end fight is on a roof

Not american but bits of that sound like District B13.

krs000aaa 07-15-18 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Cryptic (Post 1923875)
Not american but bits of that sound like District B13.

Thanks for the tip. I looked up the title but all I found was a film from 2004, is that the one you meant? The one I saw was way before the year 2000, I'm 100% sure. And the style seemed very much like a mid to late 1980s movie, possibly early 90s (but I'm almost certain the film was made in the 80s).

Cryptic 07-15-18 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by krs000aaa (Post 1923918)
Thanks for the tip. I looked up the title but all I found was a film from 2004, is that the one you meant? The one I saw was way before the year 2000, I'm 100% sure. And the style seemed very much like a mid to late 1980s movie, possibly early 90s (but I'm almost certain the film was made in the 80s).
Yes that was the one. Ill have a wee think about the one youre after. There are lots of folk on here who are great with films so im sure that someone will know it :-)

Cryptic 07-15-18 03:13 PM

Another fight scene is jackie chans who am i which was in 1998. There was a big figt scene with jackie up against two people and one bit inthink has jackie thowing/using bricks.

krs000aaa 07-16-18 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Cryptic (Post 1923934)
Another fight scene is jackie chans who am i which was in 1998. There was a big figt scene with jackie up against two people and one bit inthink has jackie thowing/using bricks.

It was definitely not Jackie. I happen to be a fan of his films up until around 2000, so I would have remembered if he was in it. :-)
The film I'm thinking of was more like a b-action / martial arts film and the fight was more brutal and crude than (and nowhere near as fast paced as) something seen in a Hong Kong or Jackie Chan/Jet Li/etc movie.

The Creator 08-16-18 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by krs000aaa (Post 1923715)
I'm looking for the name of an American (at least I think it's American, it's definitely not Asian anyway) martial arts film, or action movie with martial arts elements. I think it was in the 1980s. The final fight sequence was on top of a building. I remember it being quite violent and someone may have gotten their head crushed or slammed with a piece of brick or thrown into a pile of bricks maybe.
PS: It's not the movie Revenge of the Ninja which end fight is on a roof top also. It was not ninjas fighting in the movie I am thinking of.

This sounds similar to a movie I was trying to find and cannot remember. The movie I am thinking of, I believe was also from the 80's or early 90's And I'm almost positive that the main character was white and spoke English. I seem to remember a scene where he was training (martial arts) on a rooftop of a mid rise or high rise building and it was during dusk with an orange-ish colored sky. Do you remember this in the movie you're speaking of?

WorldFilmGeek 10-17-18 02:58 PM

Could it be the 1989 film Rooftops? The ending took place on a rooftop and there was martial arts in it. The lead character played by Jason Gedrick had infused capoeira in his fight repetoire.

Joel 10-17-18 04:12 PM

The Challenge (1982)

Maybe