Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   The Television & Music Forum (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Worst commercials (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=64367)

KeyserCorleone 07-15-21 02:56 PM

Worst commercials

I just caught a few seconds of muscular men pulling open their pands and pouring powder down them, and now I want to toss my eyes in the shower.

Gideon58 08-11-21 09:43 PM

I know I would like to watch an hour of television and not have to watch a commercial with Shaquille O'Neill.

Captain Steel 08-12-21 06:31 PM

Re: Worst commercials

Or ANY Liberty Mutual commercial.

John Dumbear 08-12-21 07:19 PM

I only hate the ones that try to sell you something.

God I love the intraweb!

Citizen Rules 08-12-21 07:24 PM

Commercials? What's that?:D

Stirchley 08-13-21 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Post 2229548)
Or ANY Liberty Mutual commercial.
Progressive is much worse.

Gideon58 11-11-21 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by John Dumbear (Post 2229576)
I only hate the ones that try to sell you something.

God I love the intraweb!
What bothers me is that commercials today that are trying to sell you something never tell you how much the product costs, they only tell you how much this product will save you if you buy it.

Stirchley 11-15-21 01:41 PM

The YouTube ads for Google Fi are beyond lame.

Yoda 11-15-21 01:50 PM

I have not seen them, but Google Fi itself is lovely, as a service. Highly recommend it.

Citizen Rules 11-15-21 01:54 PM

@Stirchley you need: Iridium for YouTube

Stirchley 11-15-21 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2253579)
I have not seen them, but Google Fi itself is lovely, as a service. Highly recommend it.
Really? No clue what it is & I try to tune out the ads.

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 2253584)
@Stirchley you need: Iridium for YouTube
What the heck is Iridium?

Citizen Rules 11-15-21 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Stirchley (Post 2253611)

What the heck is Iridium?
It's an add on for the chrome browser and blocks ads on youtube amongst other things.

Yoda 11-15-21 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Stirchley (Post 2253611)
It's a cell phone service provider run by Google. I switched to it from Verizon a few years ago and heavily prefer it.

Stirchley 11-15-21 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2253622)
It's a cell phone service provider run by Google. I switched to it from Verizon a few years ago and heavily prefer it.
Got it. Moot for me as my cellphone is a $12 flip-phone for emergency use only.

Rockatansky 11-15-21 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 2253621)
It's an add on for the chrome browser and blocks ads on youtube amongst other things.
Thanks for the tip. I mostly use Firefox but have been annoyed since Ad Block stopped working on YouTube ads properly.

Citizen Rules 11-15-21 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Rockatansky (Post 2253631)
Thanks for the tip. I mostly use Firefox but have been annoyed since Ad Block stopped working on YouTube ads properly.
I use Firefox too and Iridium is also available for Firefox as an add-on.

*Edit: In reading about the browser add-on Iridium, I learned that Youtube changed it's layout design recently so that Iridium and other add-ons designed for enhancing the Youtube experience might not fully work...

CringeFest 11-15-21 11:28 PM

I really hate all those fitness product ads on YouTube, and ads with that happy/fluffy music in it.

I especially hate those YouTube ads where some dude pretends they know a secret as a way to lure people.

gbgoodies 11-16-21 12:00 AM

I don't know what it's advertising, but there's a current commercial with Jimmy "JJ" Walker advertising something as "Dyn-o-mite", and it's the most annoying commercial ever.

Fortunately almost everything I watch is recorded on the DVR, so I can fast forward through the commercials. :)

Captain Steel 11-16-21 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 2253780)
I don't know what it's advertising, but there's a current commercial with Jimmy "JJ" Walker advertising something as "Dyn-o-mite", and it's the most annoying commercial ever.

Fortunately almost everything I watch is recorded on the DVR, so I can fast forward through the commercials. :)
I think it's for some kind of Medicare supplement - perhaps similar or the same as the one Joe Namath does a commercial for.

gbgoodies 11-16-21 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 2253780)

Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Post 2253783)
I think it's for some kind of Medicare supplement - perhaps similar or the same as the one Joe Namath does a commercial for.

You're probably right. I don't know what Joe Namath is advertising either, but he's much less annoying than Jimmy Walker.

I miss the days when commercials were fun, like the old Blockbuster Video commercials with Carl and Ray. The only fun commercials we have now are the m&m commercials.