Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Home Theater Questions & Information (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Gladiator on DVD (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=165)

OG- 11-21-00 11:11 PM

This question is mainly for Laurie L. I know you'll have this DVD, I just got it and was wondering where the special features are? I know theres the making of it on there, and a special about Gladiators amoung others. But the only extra I can find on it is the commentary. Do you know where they are?

OG- 11-21-00 11:20 PM

Right...I think I figured out my problem. I only rented it on DVD, and they only gave me 1 disc, so the second disc probably has the special features on it. Am I right?

Yoda 11-21-00 11:42 PM

Why'd they only give you one? Did they botch it up? Fast food usually does, but the video store out here is pretty good - and we use it like twice a week.

OG- 11-21-00 11:44 PM

Yea I use mine like everyday, I buy posters and stuff. The woman working today was new and I don't think she knew what she was doing really.

RoadRunner 11-22-00 05:17 PM

I just bought it yesterday.
  • Ridley Scott film commentary
  • Deleted scenes with Scott commentary
  • Extra footage cut to the score
  • Interview with composer
  • 2 behind-the-scene featurettes
  • Production diary by actor Spencer Clark Treat (Lucius)
  • Concept art and storyboards slide show
  • Photo gallery
  • Trailers and TV spots
  • Production notes and detailed cast and filmmaker biographies

Flywaver 11-23-00 12:00 AM

There aren't any parts on the making of some of the special FX? This movie is brilliant in the use of composite shots. :)

Cheers!

Laurie L 11-23-00 12:30 AM

Sorry...I've been swamped at work with a major nationwide problem with recent DVD releases. Gladiator is on two discs...for now. Dreamworks is rumored to be releasing a Gladiator Collector's Set in a few months that will be three DVDs with more features than any other disc to date.

Flywaver 11-23-00 09:48 AM

Thanks for the details Laurie, I will definately wait for the Collector's set! :)

Cheers!

Laurie L 11-25-00 03:56 PM

FYI to those of you out there that are interested in buying Gladiator on DVD. Amazon and other companies are beginning to see returns of this DVD. Seems that when a DVD shopper receives the disc, they shake the package and hear what they think is excessive rattling. Not to worry though. Dreamworks has packaged these two DVDs in a 'book' case. The first disc is on a hinge that moves back and forth in the packaging like pages of a book. Consumers tend to think that if they hear something moving around, it must be a loose disc that is being scratched...this is not the case for Gladiator.