Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   The Television & Music Forum (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   🌟 Star Trek, TOS 🌟 (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=59078)

Mesmerized 03-26-19 03:03 PM

🌟 Star Trek, TOS 🌟

1 Attachment(s)

Welcome to the Star Trek TOS thread!

Here, we will discuss anything and everything related to the original series.

Post your favorite pictures, quotes, music, videos, whatever. Talk about your favorite episodes, favorite scenes. Maybe post a quote or a picture and see if anyone can guess which episode it's from. Let's have some fun!

You may also post on the movies with the original crew. You may also post about things found in other Star Trek television shows and movies only if they are directly related to the original series. Posts to this thread are intended to emphasis the original television series (1966 - 1969).

Sound like fun? Get posting.

Live long and prosper.

The Rodent 03-26-19 03:07 PM

Re: 🌟 Star Trek, TOS 🌟

They've been playing TOS in the UK a lot recently on a particular channel.

One thing I noticed about the original series... people say it was cutting edge with casting and liberating with the races involved etc...

But, watching it today, it's clear to see it still had lashings of sexism and stereotyping.
The original Klingons were white guys painted in creosote with glue-on fu-manchu moustaches, something reminiscent of John Wayne playing Genghis Khan... and all the female characters wore skimpy dresses with bare midriffs and all Kirk has to do is appear in the scene and they immediately swoon for him :D

Still fun to watch though through firmly rolled eyes.

Mister B 03-26-19 03:15 PM

http://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma...ao6_r1_250.gif

Chypmunk 03-26-19 03:19 PM

Does this mean it will now be acceptable to call people in this thread 'Tossers'??

Before anyone jumps on me, I loved the original series as a child.

Mesmerized 03-26-19 03:25 PM

Ok, Mr. Wells. I found that scene you mentioned in The Galileo Seven where she goes to the floor for no apparent reason.

3:47 into it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfszbvgANv0

Nice shot. Somebody has the hots for this lady.

Mesmerized 03-26-19 03:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 1999507)
They've been playing TOS in the UK a lot recently on a particular channel.

One thing I noticed about the original series... people say it was cutting edge with casting and liberating with the races involved etc...

But, watching it today, it's clear to see it still had lashings of sexism and stereotyping.
The original Klingons were white guys painted in creosote with glue-on fu-manchu moustaches, something reminiscent of John Wayne playing Genghis Khan... and all the female characters wore skimpy dresses with bare midriffs and all Kirk has to do is appear in the scene and they immediately swoon for him :D

Yeah, I do notice those skimpy skirts. Roddenberry had a huge thing about showing a lot of skin in his show. He loved women.

From Dagger of the Mind

Mesmerized 03-26-19 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Chypmunk (Post 1999509)
Does this mean it will now be acceptable to call people in this thread 'Tossers'??

Before anyone jumps on me, I loved the original series as a child.

The formal term is Trekker.

average joe 03-26-19 08:17 PM

Yeah, Rodent, it had its flaws but it still was cerebral for its time. Anyone interested in sharing their five favorite episodes? Mine are, in no particular order: City on the Edge of Forever, The Doomsday Machine, All Our Yesterdays, The Trouble with Tribbles and The Apple.

Captain Steel 03-26-19 09:38 PM

Oh no... have to resist urge... to tear this thread up! (meaning to make many many lengthy posts that go on forever like the city on the edge of!)

Captain Steel 03-26-19 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mister B (Post 1999508)
This is a piece of trivia I only learned a few years back... James Doohan had (I'm not sure it it was one or more) fingers missing on one hand.
During filming of the show & movies they made a point to not film or obscure his deformed hand. I don't remember if this was a birth defect or if he'd lost his fingers in some accident (maybe someone else knows).

Captain Steel 03-26-19 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mesmerized (Post 1999514)
Yeah, I do notice those skimpy skirts. Roddenberry had a huge thing about showing a lot of skin in his show. He loved women.

From Dagger of the Mind
He loved Majel! ;)

Mesmerized 03-26-19 09:52 PM

Good question Joe. Very logical.

Shore Leave
The Menagerie (1 & 2)
Mirror, Mirror
This Side of Paradise
The City on the Edge of Forever

lenslady 03-26-19 10:26 PM

TRIBBLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

https://youtu.be/9GBdyYP-oog

Citizen Rules 03-26-19 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 1999507)
...people say it was cutting edge with casting and liberating with the races involved etc...

But, watching it today, it's clear to see it still had lashings of sexism and stereotyping. The original Klingons were white guys painted in creosote with glue-on fu-manchu moustaches, something reminiscent of John Wayne playing Genghis Khan...
What sexism? and what stereotyping are you specifically talking about?

What did you want the Klingons to look like? Sounds like you're under the impression that Klingons are suppose to be black or played by black actors? They are their own race, they're aliens. They have the dark make up so that they won't look like the humans on the show. The original Star Trek didn't have a big budget to work with.

and all the female characters wore skimpy dresses with bare midriffs
Bare middriffs? Maybe some of the the alien women did, the crew women didn't. Well except Uhura did in the alternate universe.

Why? I'd say you're judging the show by 21st century sensibilities. For it's time it was hugely cutting edge in breaking social and political barriers even Martin Luther King Jr. took notice of the shows importance to race relations.

According to Grace Lee Whitney (Yeoman Janice Rand) the mini skirt style uniform was her idea. Originally the women crew members were going to wear black slacks like the men, but Grace told Gene Roddenberry that the girls should look like girls, and so the miniskirt style uniform was introduced.

Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Post 1999591)
This is a piece of trivia I only learned a few years back... James Doohan had (I'm not sure it it was one or more) fingers missing on one hand.
During filming of the show & movies they made a point to not film or obscure his deformed hand. I don't remember if this was a birth defect or if he'd lost his fingers in some accident (maybe someone else knows).
I only learned about Doohan's missing finger lately too. I've never noticed it though while watching the show.

Citizen Rules 03-26-19 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by average joe (Post 1999576)
...Anyone interested in sharing their five favorite episodes? Mine are, in no particular order:
City on the Edge of Forever
The Doomsday Machine
All Our Yesterdays
The Trouble with Tribbles
The Apple.
Those are all good ones! Glad to see some love for The Doomsday Machine, that's one of my favorites. The doomsday machine looked very impressive for the small budget the show had. It was a very dramatic episode and the guest star William Windom as Commodore Decker gave one helluva powerful performance.

The Apple is really fun, though Kirk should have been court martial for his actions on the planet. Check this out, Spock gets hit with poison plant darts from a flower, a few seconds later Kirk bends down and smells a flower:eek: Then after a crewman is blown to bits by an explosive rock Kirk tells everyone to be real careful...OK that makes sense, but then he has the landing party run to a clearing and yet another crewman is blown up by the rocks. Nuts I tell ya:p But it's a fun episode.

Originally Posted by Mesmerized (Post 1999597)
Good question Joe. Very logical.

Shore Leave
The Menagerie (1 & 2)
Mirror, Mirror
This Side of Paradise
The City on the Edge of Forever
Love all of those two. I'm not sure but Spock might have gotten some action in This Side of Paradise.;)

Citizen Rules 03-26-19 10:51 PM

Way too hard for me to come up with only 5 favorite episodes. But I'll try:)

1 The Cage
2 The City on the Edge of Forever
3 Balance of Terror
4 Tomorrow is Yesterday
5 Catspaw

Captain Steel 03-26-19 11:00 PM

Same here regarding 5 favorites.
It would almost be easier to list ones I didn't like:
One that comes to mind is The Alternative Factor where an alien named Lazarus (Robert Brown) has to keep fighting an anti-matter version of himself - what makes this episode really annoying is the repetitive scenes of the alien wrestling with himself on a "negative" style of film.

Citizen Rules 03-26-19 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Post 1999609)
Same here regarding 5 favorites.
It would almost be easier to list ones I didn't like:
One that comes to mind is The Alternative Factor where an alien named Lazarus (Robert Brown) has to keep fighting an anti-matter version of himself - what makes this episode really annoying is the repetitive scenes of the alien wrestling with himself on a "negative" style of film.
Alternative Factor isn't a fav of mine either because of one flaw...

Spoiler coming up* Kirk decides to save both the anti matter and matter universes by sealing both Lazarus in this spacial tube that connects the two universes...Both men will be trapped there fighting each other for eternity! Talk about a scary version of hell! Why not just kill the insane Lazarus thus safeguarding both universes?

Captain Steel 03-26-19 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1999612)

Spoiler coming up* Kirk decides to save both the anti matter and matter universes he has to seal both Lazarus in this spacial tube that connects both universes...and both men will be trapped there fighting each other for eternity! Talk about a scary version of hell! Why not just kill the insane Lazarus thus safeguarding both universes?
Yes! I do remember feeling somewhat terrible at that resolution - if I were in the crew my conscience would never rest knowing my only solution was to condemn a man to an eternal nightmare. And the clincher was, at the end, the Enterprise just flies off like "oh well... let's move on."

Some other episodes had solemn or maybe even questionable resolutions, but usually the Enterprise didn't leave without some glimmer of hope for those still planet-side, but not this episode.

Mesmerized 03-26-19 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by lenslady (Post 1999605)
TRIBBLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

https://youtu.be/9GBdyYP-oog
Quadrotriticale. It was a Russian inwension.

Citizen Rules 03-26-19 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Post 1999615)
Yes! I do remember feeling somewhat terrible at that resolution - if I were in the crew my conscience would never rest knowing my only solution was to condemn a man to an eternal nightmare. And the clincher was, at the end, the Enterprise just flies off like "oh well... let's move on."

Some other episodes had solemn or maybe even questionable resolutions, but usually the Enterprise didn't leave without some glimmer of hope for those still planet-side, but not this episode.
Another episode with dire results for the people on the planet is The Mark of Gideon with the over crowded planet of people who can't die.

Spoiler*....at the end the Enterprise flys off with an infected Odonna who will spread her disease to the planet killing, off millions. But what the hell the planet was really overcrowded anyway! That one kind of spooked me out as a kid.

Captain Steel 03-26-19 11:44 PM

I'd like to talk about Star Trek Continues (a fan made series available on YouTube).

I wasn't a fan of these amateur Star Trek videos, as there were a few, but I started watching this one.

I have my criticisms which I may get into later, and some of the episodes were hit or miss (the good ones were really good!) - but the most important thing is the series (11 episodes) was a treasure trove for Trek fans as so much of it tied back into Trek history, continuity and trivia (parts even tied into "future" movies and TNG!)

The sets, costumes and music were nearly perfect recreations which adds greatly to putting the viewer back into TOS.

The acting was iffy sometimes, but then these weren't the caliber of actors from TOS (I had a problem with some of the actors in Continues initially, but then they grew on me).

The attention to detail regarding Trek lore is pretty amazing - it's apparent the people who made it really loved TOS!

The series takes place during and after TOS (for instance, one episode is a sequel to Mirror Mirror and follows the story of the evil Kirk's conflicts with bearded Spock just after he returns to his own universe - as the prime universe's Kirk left bearded, mirror Spock much to consider!)

In one episode Kirk encounters various women he loved from TOS (all who died, that he felt responsible for) including Edith Keeler (from the 1930's), Rayna (the android), Miramanee (the American Indian) and one woman we never saw in TOS that was a love of his on a former ship.
WARNING: "Spoiler" spoilers below
In the culmination, these visions are being caused by the unborn child conceived by Kirk and Miramanee from The Paradise Syndrome! So apparently "David" (from Wrath of Khan / Search for Spock) wasn't the only child Kirk had conceived

The nice thing is the series concludes just before STTMP - with a double-episode finale that includes the lady Romulan commander who is a dead-ringer for the original from TOS.
An alleged plot hole from TMP was that the Enterprise was the only ship in the fleet that could intercept V-ger that was light-years away (where were all Starfleet's ships?). This finale actually answers that question in the story.
And a special treat is the last episode ends with Kirk showing up in his Admiral's uniform that he wore in TMP.

Lots of guest stars & cameos too: the role of Mr. Scott is played by James Doohan's real-life son. The guy who played Apollo reprises his role. Lou Ferrigno (Hulk) shows up (and appears green at that!) along with Erin Gray (from Buck Rogers), John de Lancie (Q) and various Trek alumni provide voices for the ship's computer!

https://www.youtube.com/user/StarTrekContinues

Mesmerized 03-27-19 01:35 AM

10 Attachment(s)
What are your favorite Star Trek Characters?

My top 10 favorite Star Trek babes -

1. Susan Oliver as Vina

The Cage

2. Grace Lee Whitney as Yeoman Janice Rand

Charlie X

3. Sherry Jackson as Andrea

What Little Girls are Made Of

4. Marianna Hill as Lt. Helen Noel

The Dagger of the Mind

5. Celeste Yarnall as Yeoman Martha Landon

The Apple

6. Angelique Pettyjohn as Shahna

The Gamesters of Triskelion

7. Barbara Bouchet as Kelinda

By Any Other Name

8. Marj Dusay as Kara

Spock's Brain

9. Joanne Linville as the Romulan Commander

The Enterprise Incident

10. Mary Linda Rapelye as Irina Galliulin

The Way To Eden

Mesmerized 03-27-19 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1999612)

Spoiler coming up* Kirk decides to save both the anti matter and matter universes by sealing both Lazarus in this spacial tube that connects the two universes...Both men will be trapped there fighting each other for eternity! Talk about a scary version of hell! Why not just kill the insane Lazarus thus safeguarding both universes?
I hated this episode, not because of the ending but because I found it boring. I agree they should have come up with a better solution. If it were me I would've chosen suicide.

The actor who was originally slated to play Lazarus did not show up on filming day and they found this guy at the last minute. Desilu Studios successfully sued the original actor for breach of contract.

gbgoodies 03-28-19 12:29 AM

James Doohan lost his right middle finger in WWII. He was shot several times, including his finger, his leg, and his chest, but the bullet to his chest hit a silver cigarette case that he had in his pocket. The cigarette case was given to him by his brother as a good luck charm.

gbgoodies 03-28-19 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1999607)
Those are all good ones! Glad to see some love for The Doomsday Machine, that's one of my favorites. The doomsday machine looked very impressive for the small budget the show had. It was a very dramatic episode and the guest star William Windom as Commodore Decker gave one helluva powerful performance.

Did you know that Will Decker in Star Trek: The Motion Picture was the son of Matt Decker from the episode "The Doomsday Machine"?

gbgoodies 03-28-19 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Post 1999624)
I'd like to talk about Star Trek Continues (a fan made series available on YouTube).

I wasn't a fan of these amateur Star Trek videos, as there were a few, but I started watching this one.

I have my criticisms which I may get into later, and some of the episodes were hit or miss (the good ones were really good!) - but the most important thing is the series (11 episodes) was a treasure trove for Trek fans as so much of it tied back into Trek history, continuity and trivia (parts even tied into "future" movies and TNG!)

The sets, costumes and music were nearly perfect recreations which adds greatly to putting the viewer back into TOS.

The acting was iffy sometimes, but then these weren't the caliber of actors from TOS (I had a problem with some of the actors in Continues initially, but then they grew on me).

The attention to detail regarding Trek lore is pretty amazing - it's apparent the people who made it really loved TOS!

The series takes place during and after TOS (for instance, one episode is a sequel to Mirror Mirror and follows the story of the evil Kirk's conflicts with bearded Spock just after he returns to his own universe - as the prime universe's Kirk left bearded, mirror Spock much to consider!)

In one episode Kirk encounters various women he loved from TOS (all who died, that he felt responsible for) including Edith Keeler (from the 1930's), Rayna (the android), Miramanee (the American Indian) and one woman we never saw in TOS that was a love of his on a former ship.
WARNING: "Spoiler" spoilers below
In the culmination, these visions are being caused by the unborn child conceived by Kirk and Miramanee from The Paradise Syndrome! So apparently "David" (from Wrath of Khan / Search for Spock) wasn't the only child Kirk had conceived

The nice thing is the series concludes just before STTMP - with a double-episode finale that includes the lady Romulan commander who is a dead-ringer for the original from TOS.
An alleged plot hole from TMP was that the Enterprise was the only ship in the fleet that could intercept V-ger that was light-years away (where were all Starfleet's ships?). This finale actually answers that question in the story.
And a special treat is the last episode ends with Kirk showing up in his Admiral's uniform that he wore in TMP.

Lots of guest stars & cameos too: the role of Mr. Scott is played by James Doohan's real-life son. The guy who played Apollo reprises his role. Lou Ferrigno (Hulk) shows up (and appears green at that!) along with Erin Gray (from Buck Rogers), John de Lancie (Q) and various Trek alumni provide voices for the ship's computer!

You've mentioned Star Trek Continues before, and it sounds great, but I still haven't found the time to watch it. Maybe now that I'm done watching movies for the horror countdown, I might be able to find some time to check it out.

gbgoodies 03-28-19 12:45 AM

I don't know if I can narrow it down to my top 5 favorite episodes, but these are some of my favorites:

Already mentioned:
"Mirror, Mirror"
"The City on the Edge of Forever"
"Tomorrow Is Yesterday"
"Shore Leave"
"This Side of Paradise"
"The Trouble with Tribbles"

Not mentioned yet:
"Amok Time"
"I, Mudd"
"Requiem for Methuselah"
"A Piece of the Action"
"Court Martial"
"Journey to Babel"
"Arena"
"Assignment: Earth"
"The Squire of Gothos"

gbgoodies 03-28-19 12:54 AM

How about a trivia question?

In what episode did Dr. McCoy "finally get the last word"?

Citizen Rules 03-28-19 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 1999945)

I remember both Spock and Kirk are in sick bay and McCoy shushes them...which was a fun ST moment. Then MCoy "I finally got the last word" or close to that. That is Journey to Babel.

lenslady 03-28-19 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 1999945)

You must be reading my mind @gbgoodies as this is probably my second favorite episode (after the tribbles) This funny event happens after the Captain AND Spock AND Spock s father) are all recovering in sick bay. They are all nattering away and trying to go back to their duties when our good doctor 'Bones ' tells them to stay in bed and get some rest, and starts shushing them -that 's when he ends the ep - with that line and a big grin. The irony is that neither Bones NOR DeForest usually had the last word in any ep, so it was a double pleasure - for the doctor and the actor. Make that a triple pleasure- for fans of the doc, like me :)

lenslady 03-28-19 02:49 AM

My post almost collided with CR- well I hoped I 'd be first to answer the trivia question, but I guess this lenslady finally got the last word here too :)

https://youtu.be/NGYUfPiKZMI

Mesmerized 03-28-19 08:50 AM

For this reason, James Doohan is always seen carrying a prop in his hand. A clipboard to hide the missing finger. Sometimes he is seen just walking around making a fist.

JoaoRodrigues 03-28-19 09:27 AM

I must be the only person that never saw Star Trek or Star Wars.

SeeingisBelieving 03-28-19 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 1999940)
Did you know that Will Decker in Star Trek: The Motion Picture was the son of Matt Decker from the episode "The Doomsday Machine"?
I didn't :) – I thought Stephen Collins was really good too.

Mesmerized 03-28-19 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by JoaoRodrigues (Post 2000001)
I must be the only person that never saw Star Trek or Star Wars.
What planet are you from? Just kidding. Not everyone is into it I suppose. Just as some people hate Star Trek, I hate Adam Sandler.

Mesmerized 03-28-19 10:02 AM

I had read that some place.

They say there's no devil, Jim; but, I saw it. Right out of hell with a mull that can swallow a dozen starships.

SeeingisBelieving 03-28-19 10:13 AM

I'll give you my Top 5 favourite Season 1 episodes:

The Galileo Seven
A Taste of Armageddon
The Man Trap
The Devil in the Dark
The Corbomite Maneuver

Mesmerized 03-28-19 10:38 AM

William Shatner's favorite episode is The Devil 😈 in the Dark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TDH3sPOPsc

Citizen Rules 03-28-19 10:41 AM

...Roddenberry...He loved women.
Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Post 1999594)
He loved Majel! ;)
And had a fling with Nichelle Nichols too.

Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Post 1999624)

Sold! I haven't heard you mention that before, even though GBG has. I've heard you mention The Orville, but not Star Trek Continues, I'll have to watch it.

Citizen Rules 03-28-19 10:52 AM

Some of my thoughts on the STBs:)
Originally Posted by Mesmerized (Post 1999627)

Susan Oliver would be my choice too but not as a green Orion slave girl:eek: I liked her best with the boobed hair.

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...chmentid=52688
Grace Lee Whitney:up: It's too bad she was asked to leave the show, she was a good character.

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...chmentid=52687
Another good one!

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...chmentid=52670
The Dagger of the Mind
:up:

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...chmentid=52722
The Apple
Hey it's Chekov's girl! She looks like a Russian ballerina.

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...chmentid=52678
Everybody probably already knows this but she did porn after ST.

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...chmentid=52672
By Any Other Name
She looks a lot like Celeste Yarnall.

8. Marj Dusay as Kara
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...chmentid=52673
Spock's Brain
I never really dug her. I like her friend Sheila Leighton.

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...chmentid=52674
The Enterprise Incident
And it's Spock's lady!

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...chmentid=52676
The Way To Eden
She was going to be Dr McCoy's daughter in a recurring role but that never happened.

Citizen Rules 03-28-19 10:56 AM

I never knew that. Interesting.

Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 1999943)
I don't know if I can narrow it down to my top 5 favorite episodes, but these are some of my favorites:

Not mentioned yet:
"Amok Time"
"I, Mudd"
"Requiem for Methuselah"
"A Piece of the Action"
"Court Martial"
"Journey to Babel"
"Arena"
"Assignment: Earth"
"The Squire of Gothos"
I, Mudd is fun, I like Mudd's Women better:p

Mesmerized 03-28-19 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 2000028)
And had a fling with Nichelle Nichols too.
Nichelle used to prance around in Roddenberry's office wearing only a sweater to flash unsuspecting visitors.

Mesmerized 03-28-19 07:03 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Originally Posted by Mesmerized (Post 1999627)

1. Susan Oliver as Vina

The Cage

Charlie X

The Dagger of the Mind

The Apple

By Any Other Name

8. Marj Dusay as Kara

Spock's Brain

The Enterprise Incident

The Way To Eden

Two things here. I had to reduce the size of these images because I was advised they weren't loading properly on some systems.

Also, I intend to continue to post pictures of Star Trek babes!

From Mudd's Women, the original Charlie's Angels.

Karen Steele as Eve McHuron

Maggie Thrett as Ruth Bonaventure

Susan Denberg as Magda Kovacs

Captain Steel 03-28-19 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 1999939)
James Doohan lost his right middle finger in WWII. He was shot several times, including his finger, his leg, and his chest, but the bullet to his chest hit a silver cigarette case that he had in his pocket. The cigarette case was given to him by his brother as a good luck charm.
Wow! I never knew that part of the story, gbg! Didn't even know James was a WWII vet!

P.S. I knew from the start that Will Decker was the son of Matt Decker - and many people say there are a lot of similarities between V-ger and the Doomsday Machine.

Maybe I knew this from reading the TMP novel? It was full of background info not included in the movie. For instance, there were two people killed in the transporter malfunction - one a Vulcan science officer and one a woman. Well, in the book the woman was Kirk's lover that he lived with for a couple years after the completion of the 5 year mission. The trauma of watching her die in the transporter effects him and his ability to command greatly. His emotional state from this trauma creates further tension with Decker and, in a way, jeopardizes the mission (counter to Uhura's claim that their chances of surviving may have just doubled now that Kirk took command). It was a level of pathos added to Kirk's story that was absent in the movie.

Mesmerized 03-28-19 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Post 2000223)
and many people say there are a lot of similarities between V-ger and the Doomsday Machine.
I never saw that. However, I DID see the similarity between Vger and Nomad

Citizen Rules 03-28-19 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mesmerized (Post 2000245)
Good call on Nomad. Vger story seems lifted from the Nomad story, geez what is the name of the episode? No googling!

Oh, I just remembered and I didn't cheat, The Changeling.

Captain Steel 03-28-19 10:34 PM

Yep. Those are the two episodes people say TMP most resembled. I guess the similarity with the Doomsday Machine was the V-ger was gobbling up things in its path and was on a course for Earth (was that what the Doomsday Machine was doing? I'm not sure I remember.)

I always say that TMP was a cross between Run Silent Run Deep (where a senior officer usurps command from a ship's Captain to address an emergency), 2001 A Space Odyssey and Solaris!

gbgoodies 03-28-19 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 2000035)
I, Mudd is fun, I like Mudd's Women better:p

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on the Harry Mudd episodes. I didn't really care much for "Mudd's Women", but I love "I, Mudd".

gbgoodies 03-28-19 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Post 2000223)
Wow! I never knew that part of the story, gbg! Didn't even know James was a WWII vet!

P.S. I knew from the start that Will Decker was the son of Matt Decker - and many people say there are a lot of similarities between V-ger and the Doomsday Machine.

From what I've heard from trekkies at conventions, most people seem to think that ST: TMP is just a 2-hour version of the episode "The Changeling", and V-ger is just a rip-off of NOMAD.

gbgoodies 03-28-19 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 2000258)
From what I've heard from trekkies at conventions, most people seem to think that ST: TMP is just a 2-hour version of the episode "The Changeling", and V-ger is just a rip-off of NOMAD.
Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 2000247)
Good call on Nomad. Vger story seems lifted from the Nomad story, geez what is the name of the episode? No googling!

Oh, I just remembered and I didn't cheat, The Changeling.

See? Even the trekkies here agree with the people at the sci-fi cons. ;)

Captain Steel 03-28-19 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 2000258)
This is true - the reveal at the end of TMP (Voyager 6) makes it much more similar to the plot with Nomad.
But I guess the beginning: with a mysterious alien machine eating everything in its path as it heads for Earth is the similarity to the Doomsday Machine (that, and they both have Deckers!) ;)

gbgoodies 03-28-19 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Post 2000262)
This is true - the reveal at the end of TMP (Voyager 6) makes it much more similar to the plot with Nomad.
But I guess the beginning: with a mysterious alien machine eating everything in its path as it heads for Earth is the similarity to the Doomsday Machine (that, and they both have Deckers!) ;)

I see some similarities with "The Doomsday Machine", but there are definitely more similarities with "The Changeling".

Mesmerized 03-28-19 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Post 2000251)
Yep. Those are the two episodes people say TMP most resembled. I guess the similarity with the Doomsday Machine was the V-ger was gobbling up things in its path and was on a course for Earth (was that what the Doomsday Machine was doing? I'm not sure I remember.)

I always say that TMP was a cross between Run Silent Run Deep (where a senior officer usurps command from a ship's Captain to address an emergency), 2001 A Space Odyssey and Solaris!
The doomsday machine was more like the probe in Star Trek IV. It didn't communicate with people about it's creator.

Captain Steel 03-28-19 11:14 PM

So, who wants to play a quick hand of Fizzbin?

gbgoodies 03-28-19 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Post 2000265)

Only on Tuesdays, at night, when it's dark. :lol:

Mesmerized 03-28-19 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Post 2000265)
What are the odds in getting a royal fizzbin?

Captain Steel 03-28-19 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 2000266)
Only on Tuesdays, at night, when it's dark. :lol:
If I was able to limit my favorites to just 5... A Piece of the Action would have to be up there!

I usually like the more serious episodes, and this one was a bit silly, but it was very entertaining. I probably got more of my favorite ST quotes from this episode than any other!

Mesmerized 03-28-19 11:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Diana Ewing as Droxine

The Cloud Minders

gbgoodies 03-28-19 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Post 2000268)
If I was able to limit my favorites to just 5... A Piece of the Action would have to be up there!

I usually like the more serious episodes, and this one was a bit silly, but it was very entertaining. I probably got more of my favorite ST quotes from this episode than any other!

That's one of the great things about Star Trek. Almost every episode has some great quotes.

Mesmerized 03-28-19 11:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Remember

Forget

Requiem for Methuselah

Mesmerized 03-29-19 11:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Casual Pon Farr. Mr. Spock can't resist the sexy Romulan Commander

The Enterprise Incident

Citizen Rules 03-29-19 01:04 PM

People always say Captain Kirk was some kind of womanizer and had sex every week with a different alien babe, which is totally untrue.

Trivia question: How many times did the series actual 'show' Kirk having sex? Of course they can't directly show it, but they do imply that he had sex during the course of the show.

I'm talking about during the actual show and not what might have happened before or after or between missions. No cheating by googling it either, but looking at a list of ST episodes is fair enough:p

As GBG already know this answer she's banned from answering:) I have another question just for her: How many of Kirk's encounters with female guest stars ended with the character being killed off?

Captain Steel 03-29-19 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 2000393)
People always say Captain Kirk was some kind of womanizer and had sex every week with a different alien babe, which is totally untrue.

Trivia question: How many times did the series actual 'show' Kirk having sex? Of course they can't directly show it, but they do imply that he had sex during the course of the show.

I'm talking about during the actual show and not what might have happened before or after or between missions. No cheating by googling it either, but looking at a list of ST episodes is fair enough:p

As GBG already know this answer she's banned from answering:) I have another question just for her: How many of Kirk's encounters with female guest stars ended with the character being killed off?
I have no idea.
I know there were several times where things seemed to be getting "romantic" but then Kirk is interrupted by a sudden call on the intercom!

Just curious: did they infer that he might have slept with Elaan of Troyius (in the episode of the same name?)

When I was a kid, I didn't like that episode, but watched it again recently and discovered how great it was - it had a bit of everything: great characters, hot babes, interstellar politics, a Klingon battle, espionage on the Enterprise, Kirk having to overcome the toxic love tears of Elaan to try to maintain command (we always love when Kirk has to overcome some personal crisis to maintain command whether it's being effected by a disease that makes emotions go wild, or growing prematurely old, or being split in the transporter!) and on top of all that... Jay Robinson! :)

Citizen Rules 03-29-19 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Post 2000448)
I have no idea.
I know there were several times where things seemed to be getting "romantic" but then Kirk is interrupted by a sudden call on the intercom!

Just curious: did they infer that he might have slept with Elaan of Troyius (in the episode of the same name?)
Elaan of Troyius is one of the episodes where the show implies Kirk had sex and there's not many.

I recently watched that episode and paid close attention to the scene where Kirk and Elaan are together in her quarters. It goes like this: She's infected him with her tears which renders a man unable to resist her. He's really romantically smitten with her and in the scenes before that, he couldn't stand her. Then...there's an emergency on the bridge (I think it's the Klingon's threatening the Enterprise) and Uhura calls on the ship's intercom for Captain Kirk...but he doesn't answer the call. We see just how unusual that is for him to ignore the call by Uhura's reaction. She call's him again and then, the scene cuts to Elaan's cabin and we see both of them are in bed. Finally Kirk sits up and answers the com call. Clearly they were involved:p That's followed by some dialogue by Elaan where she professes her undying love for Kirk. So yeah that seems clear to me, that the show is trying to imply they were both intimate.

When I was a kid, I didn't like that episode, but watched it again recently and discovered how great it was - it had a bit of everything: great characters, hot babes, interstellar politics, a Klingon battle, espionage on the Enterprise, Kirk having to overcome the toxic love tears of Elaan to try to maintain command (we always love when Kirk has to overcome some personal crisis to maintain command whether it's being effected by a disease that makes emotions go wild, or growing prematurely old, or being split in the transporter!) and on top of all that... Jay Robinson! :)
That's one of my favorite episodes too and largely because of the Vietmanse heritage actress France Nuyen. She was amazing in this! both in her supreme arrogance in the first act which is deliciously fun, and then in her loyalty to Kirk in the third act and her wiliness to die by the side of her love. I always found that deep, she's a complex charater. I liked the way she looked like an Egyptian princess too.

BTW, who's Jay Robinson? I have no idea.

lenslady 03-29-19 06:12 PM

If I may digress back to The Changeling for a moment, I'd like to post another clip from a fave episode and moment. As we reminisce about TOS, it strikes me that what made the show so endearing was the interplay between the three main characters- and the humor that was merrily threaded through eps like this. This epitaph for NOMAD could have been written by Neil Simon ;)

https://youtu.be/bX7fx1H97tc

Citizen Rules 03-29-19 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by lenslady (Post 2000477)
If I may digress back to The Changeling for a moment, I'd like to post another clip from a fave episode and moment. As we reminisce about TOS, it strikes me that what made the show so endearing was the interplay between the three main characters- and the humor that was merrily threaded through eps like this. This epitaph for NOMAD could have been written by Neil Simon ;)
:up: Ha, I loved that light heartened dialogue quips at the end. I had forgot about that, thanks for posting it, it was fun to watch:)

BTW a ST trivia question just for you Lenslady:p in that clip that you posted what was the name of the charater sitting in Lt. Uhura's place at communications?

Captain Steel 03-29-19 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 2000476)
Elaan of Troyius is one of the episodes where the show implies Kirk had sex and there's not many.

I recently watched that episode and paid close attention to the scene where Kirk and Elaan are together in her quarters. It goes like this: She's infected him with her tears which renders a man unable to resist her. He's really romantically smitten with her and in the scenes before that, he couldn't stand her. Then...there's an emergency on the bridge (I think it's the Klingon's threatening the Enterprise) and Uhura calls on the ship's intercom for Captain Kirk...but he doesn't answer the call. We see just how unusual that is for him to ignore the call by Uhura's reaction. She call's him again and then, the scene cuts to Elaan's cabin and we see both of them are in bed. Finally Kirk sits up and answers the com call. Clearly they were involved:p That's followed by some dialogue by Elaan where she professes her undying love for Kirk. So yeah that seems clear to me, that the show is trying to imply they were both intimate.

That's one of my favorite episodes too and largely because of the Vietmanse heritage actress France Nuyen. She was amazing in this! both in her supreme arrogance in the first act which is deliciously fun, and then in her loyalty to Kirk in the third act and her wiliness to die by the side of her love. I always found that deep, she's a complex charater. I liked the way she looked like an Egyptian princess too.

BTW, who's Jay Robinson? I have no idea.

What's funny is, before the age of the Internet, I could never tell what ethnicity France Nuyen was (at times I thought she was black, Latino, Asian, even Egyptian due to the hair style!)
I didn't recognize her as Elaan when she showed up in The Joy Luck Club (which is a great movie, btw.)

In IMDB's trivia it says this episode was based on Homer's "Iliad" (Helen of Troy, represented as Elaan of Troyius) and William Shakespeare's "Taming of the Shrew" - the aspects of which are pretty obvious!

Jay Robinson plays Petri, the green-skinned Troyan ambassador who is there to instruct Elaan on his planet's etiquette and who gets quite flustered in the process.
Robinson's break out roles were in The Robe (1953) and its sequel Demetrius and the Gladiators (1954) where he played Caligula with memorable scenery-chewing performances.
In 1997 he hosted a TV show called Beyond Bizarre - his voice had deepened somewhat in later years to take on a gravely tone, and for some reason he was portrayed as a spooky or scary host - not sure why as he was not type cast in horror movies (he had a small role in 1992's Bram Stoker's Dracula).
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0732717/?ref_=tt_cl_t5#self

Citizen Rules 03-29-19 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Post 2000502)
What's funny is, before the age of the Internet, I could never tell what ethnicity France Nuyen was (at times I thought she was black, Latino, Asian, even Egyptian due to the hair style!)
I didn't recognize her as Elaan when she showed up in The Joy Luck Club (which is a great movie, btw.)
I don't know if as a kid I thought about her ethnicity, I probably thought she was Egyptian. The first time I seen her other than ST was in Battle for the Planet of the Apes (the original movie) Later I seen her in the movie South Pacific (1958) A 4 minute clip of her from that movie. Totally different than her role in ST.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXgmQDFhPjo

Captain Steel 03-29-19 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 2000524)
I don't know if as a kid I thought about her ethnicity, I probably thought she was Egyptian. The first time I seen her other than ST was in Battle for the Planet of the Apes (the original movie) Later I seen her in the movie South Pacific (1958) A 4 minute clip of her from that movie. Totally different than her role in ST.
She was stunningly gorgeous!

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-KxqA_2f_s...25281%2529.jpg

Citizen Rules 03-29-19 10:52 PM

I'd call her totally cute in that clip! Fun movie too:)

gbgoodies 03-30-19 02:07 AM

Yes, I know the answer to your first question, but I'll keep it to myself since I'm banned from answering it. :)

As for the second question, let's see how many I can think of off the top of my head. I'll include any of Kirk's women who died, not just the one's that he slept with, (or may have slept with), in the episodes:

WARNING: "SPOILERS about the fate of Captain Kirk's Women!!!!" spoilers below
Edith Keeler from "City on the Edge of Forever" is probably the most obvious one.

Miramanee from "The Paradise Syndrome" is another one, so that's two.

Rayna from "Requiem For Methuselah" also died, so she's number 3.

Does Andrea from "What Are Little Girls Made Of?" count even though technically she's an android, not a real woman? (I guess if Rayna counts, then Andrea should also count, right?)

There are a few others who might not count because he didn't really have "relationships" with them, but I'll mention them here just in case.

Sylvia from "Catspaw" died at the end, but I don't think Kirk ever really cared much for her anyway.

Marta the green Orion girl from "Whom Gods Destroy" died, but she was really Captain Garth's woman, not Kirk's woman.

The most heartbreaking were Edith Keeler and Rayna, but
if all of those women count, then I think there were 6 of Kirk's women who died.

gbgoodies 03-30-19 02:30 AM

This question is for anyone, (or everyone), who wants to answer it.

We've mentioned some of our favorite episodes. What are some of your least favorite episodes. (I intentionally didn't call them the "best" and "worst" episodes because we all have different opinions, so I wouldn't want to call anyone's favorite episode a "worst" episode.)

These are my 5 least favorite episodes:
"Miri"
"The Deadly Years"
"Spock's Brain"
"And the Children Shall Lead"
"Plato's Stepchildren"

Citizen Rules 03-30-19 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 2000568)
... I'll include any of Kirk's women who died, not just the one's that he slept with, (or may have slept with), in the episodes
Yeah, that's what I meant, any woman guest star who had some kind of connection to Kirk, but died by the end of the episode. I don't actually know the answer without going through the episodes. But you named a lot of them.

average joe 03-30-19 07:53 AM

My five least favorite episodes, in no particular order:
The Alternative Factor (for reasons others have stated)
A Taste of Armageddon (I just can't buy people willingly committing suicide for their government.)
Arena (It wasn't originally a Star Trek story and doesn't feel like one. The Gorn commander is a one-dimensional bug-eyed monster. And I prefer episodes in which multiple characters play a key role.)
Spectre of the Gun (I knew ealy on nothing was really happening so I didn't care how it played out.)
Spock's Brain (I guess it's pretty notorious so I probably need not explain.)

Mesmerized, do you have any photos of my favorite Star Trek babes: Mariette Hartley, Yvonne Craig and Elinor Donahue?

Citizen Rules 03-30-19 11:46 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Originally Posted by average joe (Post 2000584)
...Mesmerized, do you have any photos of my favorite Star Trek babes: Mariette Hartley, Yvonne Craig and Elinor Donahue?
I do. Nice choices too:)

Citizen Rules 03-30-19 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 2000569)

"Miri"
"The Deadly Years"
"Spock's Brain"
"Plato's Stepchildren"
I only have one episode that I don't care for and that's And the Children Shall Lead. It feels like a rehash of the earlier Charlie X which was a much better episode.

gbgoodies 03-31-19 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 2000571)
Yeah, that's what I meant, any woman guest star who had some kind of connection to Kirk, but died by the end of the episode. I don't actually know the answer without going through the episodes. But you named a lot of them.

If you go through the episodes, let me know if you think of any that I missed.

gbgoodies 03-31-19 01:33 AM

A Taste of Armageddon (I just can't buy people willingly committing suicide for their government.)
Arena (It wasn't originally a Star Trek story and doesn't feel like one. The Gorn commander is a one-dimensional bug-eyed monster. And I prefer episodes in which multiple characters play a key role.)
Spectre of the Gun (I knew early on nothing was really happening so I didn't care how it played out.)

Mesmerized, do you have any photos of my favorite Star Trek babes: Mariette Hartley, Yvonne Craig and Elinor Donahue?

I wasn't a fan of "Arena" when I first watched it, but it seems to grow on me more and more every time I see it, and now it's one of the episodes that I like a lot.

Here's a bit of trivia for "Spectre of the Gun": DeForest Kelley has played different characters in several versions of the Gunfight at the O.K. Corral. In this episode, he was cast in the role of Tom McLowery. In the movie Gunfight at the O.K. Corral (1957) he played Morgan Earp, and in the old TV show "You Are There" he played Ike Clanton in the episode about the Gunfight at the O.K. Corral.

gbgoodies 03-31-19 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 2000621)
I only have one episode that I don't care for and that's And the Children Shall Lead. It feels like a rehash of the earlier Charlie X which was a much better episode.

I like Charlie X because Charlie is likable even though he does some bad things in the episode, but the kids in And the Children Shall Lead are just annoying.

Did you know that Robert Walker Jr., (Charlie from "Charlie X") is the son of Robert Walker from Hitchcock's Strangers on a Train? (He looks so much like his father that you had to know that already, right?)

average joe 03-31-19 09:20 AM

I get that, gbgoodies, because Star Trek V has grown on me over the years, I'm on the fence about "Miri" because I like Kim Darby's performance as the title character but find the other kids annoying. I guess they're supposed to be, though. Also, it was repeated so many times by a local station, it always seemed to be on on those rare late Sunday nights I tuned in.

Citizen Rules 03-31-19 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 2000568)
About the fate of Captain Kirk's Women!!!!"

Edith Keeler from "City on the Edge of Forever" is probably the most obvious one.

Miramanee from "The Paradise Syndrome" is another one, so that's two.

Rayna from "Requiem For Methuselah" also died, so she's number 3.

Does Andrea from "What Are Little Girls Made Of?" count even though technically she's an android, not a real woman? (I guess if Rayna counts, then Andrea should also count, right?) Sure she counts.

There are a few others who might not count because he didn't really have "relationships" with them, but I'll mention them here just in case.

Sylvia from "Catspaw" died at the end, but I don't think Kirk ever really cared much for her anyway. He despised her, but she counts!

Marta the green Orion girl from "Whom Gods Destroy" died, but she was really Captain Garth's woman, not Kirk's woman. I probably wouldn't count her.
But you got them all!:)

lenslady 04-01-19 12:34 AM

Getting back to you @Citizen Rules. Nurse Chapel was the one who re educated Lt Uhura. But I don't recall offhand if she or someone else took over for her. I know you don't want me to Google, , so perhaps you can give a hint. ( or an answer ;) )

@gbgoodies just want to say I totally agree that Edith Keiler was a heartbreaking romance - and actually one of my favorite TOS romances- there was something so touching in their courtship, and she brought out a tender side to Kirk. Very well done episode altogether.

average joe 04-01-19 06:42 AM

And while I do like the female eye candy in Star Trek, Edith was not presented in that way. It was an adult romance.

Citizen Rules 04-01-19 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by lenslady (Post 2001047)
Getting back to you @Citizen Rules. Nurse Chapel was the one who re educated Lt Uhura. But I don't recall offhand if she or someone else took over for her. I know you don't want me to Google, , so perhaps you can give a hint. ( or an answer ;) )
Oh, it took me awhile to figure out just what you're talking about. OK so it's Lt. Palmer.

Mesmerized 04-04-19 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 2000273)
That's one of the great things about Star Trek. Almost every episode has some great quotes.
In which episode do you hear this quote:

"I am not programmed to respond in this area."

Mesmerized 04-04-19 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by lenslady (Post 2001047)

Blu-ee?

Mesmerized 04-04-19 04:14 PM

Good question. Hard to answer. It seems implied in The Mark of Gideon and The Paradise Syndrome.

Mesmerized 04-04-19 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 2000825)
But you got them all!:)
What about Turnabout Intruder? I mean, Dr. Janice Lester didn't die, but it does seem to me she and Kirk we're really into one another.

Mesmerized 04-04-19 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by average joe (Post 2001102)
And while I do like the female eye candy in Star Trek, Edith was not presented in that way. It was an adult romance.
Harlan Ellison, who wrote the teleplay for City on the Edge of Forever, won an award for his story while turning his nose up at the Star Trek producers for forcing him to rewrite his script numerous times. At the awards ceremony, he stated, "Don't ever let them make you rewrite," (or words to that effect). Harlan never wrote for Star Trek again.

His original teleplay is available through Amazon.

Mesmerized 04-04-19 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 2000762)
I wasn't a fan of "Arena" when I first watched it, but it seems to grow on me more and more every time I see it, and now it's one of the episodes that I like a lot.

Here's a bit of trivia for "Spectre of the Gun": DeForest Kelley has played different characters in several versions of the Gunfight at the O.K. Corral. In this episode, he was cast in the role of Tom McLowery. In the movie Gunfight at the O.K. Corral (1957) he played Morgan Earp, and in the old TV show "You Are There" he played Ike Clanton in the episode about the Gunfight at the O.K. Corral.
Nice to meet you, Mr. Kirk.

Mesmerized 04-04-19 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 2000476)

Tomorrow's lesson will be on courtesy.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5a/98...ab9bb6ec29.gif

Mesmerized 04-04-19 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by lenslady (Post 2000477)

https://youtu.be/bX7fx1H97tc
Nice clip lenslady. "My son, the doctor.". Of course, we learn in Star Trek II that Kirk really does have a son who's a doctor.

Sedai 04-04-19 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by average joe (Post 1999576)
Yeah, Rodent, it had its flaws but it still was cerebral for its time. Anyone interested in sharing their five favorite episodes? Mine are, in no particular order: City on the Edge of Forever, The Doomsday Machine, All Our Yesterdays, The Trouble with Tribbles and The Apple.
My five favorites would be City on the Edge of Forever, Space Seed, Who Mourns for Adonis, Mirror Mirror, Balance of Terror, and A Piece of the Action...

Ok, that's 6... I could list more...

Mesmerized 04-04-19 05:34 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Spectre of the Gun (I knew ealy on nothing was really happening so I didn't care how it played out.)

Mariette Hartley as Zarabeth

All Our Yesterdays

Yvonne Craig (original Batgirl) as Marta

Whom Gods Destroy

Elinor Donahue as Nancy Hedford

Metamorphosis

I thought Mariette Hartley looked really hot in that outfit. A little like Jane from Tarzan.

Mesmerized 04-04-19 05:37 PM

Wow, I like your pictures better.

Mesmerized 04-04-19 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 2000569)
This question is for anyone, (or everyone), who wants to answer it.

We've mentioned some of our favorite episodes. What are some of your least favorite episodes. (I intentionally didn't call them the "best" and "worst" episodes because we all have different opinions, so I wouldn't want to call anyone's favorite episode a "worst" episode.)

"Miri"
"The Deadly Years"
"Spock's Brain"
"Plato's Stepchildren"

My least favorite:

1. The Lights of Zetar
2. Is There in Truth No Beauty?
3. Return To Tomorrow
4. Obsession
5. The Alternative Factor

Mesmerized 04-04-19 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 2000763)
I like Charlie X because Charlie is likable even though he does some bad things in the episode, but the kids in And the Children Shall Lead are just annoying.

Did you know that Robert Walker Jr., (Charlie from "Charlie X") is the son of Robert Walker from Hitchcock's Strangers on a Train? (He looks so much like his father that you had to know that already, right?)
I'm not a man and I can do anything. You can't.

Mesmerized 04-04-19 07:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Nancy Kovack as Nona

A Private Little War

Nancy Kovack

Captain Steel 04-04-19 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mesmerized (Post 2002131)
Nancy Kovack
Dang!!! ;)