Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The arrogance of everything everywhere all at once (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=67545)

aronisred 01-25-23 12:32 PM

The arrogance of everything everywhere all at once

everything everywhere all at once is held together by paperclips than come off when wind blows too fast. Truly bad experience watching it. How the f is this a best picture nominee ? because its asian ? I dont get it....I am posting this to warn everyone so they dont have to waste their time. The movie a piece of crap.

Yoda 01-25-23 12:35 PM

Re: The arrogance of everything everywhere all at once

You haven't made any substantive argument to support your claim. There's no reason for anyone to take the endless cycle of hot-take-followed-by-bailing-on-substantive-argument seriously.

And sorry, a bunch of us have already seen it and enjoyed it.

Iroquois 01-25-23 12:45 PM

Yeah, like I don't think the film is perfect by any means but usually the negative reviews I see are more substantial than some half-baked metaphor about paperclips. No idea why you'd bring up the film being "Asian" either (which it's not, it's an American film where like four of the characters are Asian).

Death Proof 01-25-23 12:50 PM

I enjoyed it.

ynwtf 01-25-23 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by aronisred (Post 2365726)
everything everywhere all at once is held together by paperclips than come off when wind blows too fast. Truly bad experience watching it. How the f is this a best picture nominee ? because its asian ? I dont get it....I am posting this to warn everyone so they dont have to waste their time. The movie a piece of crap.
why do you hate hotdogs?
=\

Allaby 01-25-23 12:54 PM

I thought it was fantastic. The performances are excellent and the screenplay is smart, creative, funny and original.

Citizen Rules 01-25-23 01:02 PM

Did you see it???

MovieMeditation 01-25-23 01:28 PM

I didn’t like the movie, but I certainly dislike your endless useless threads much more.

urkillinmesmalls 01-25-23 01:30 PM

I don't feel I need to point out the obvious irony, I think my fellow Mofo'ers got it. OP excluded, of course

Mr Minio 01-25-23 01:39 PM

I haven't seen it but just looking at some individual scenes when rewinding it told me that it's gonna be a tough one to get through.

Gideon58 01-25-23 01:56 PM

My review of the film:

https://www.movieforums.com/reviews/...l-at-once.html

Corax 01-25-23 02:03 PM

Hey Red, how are you? It's been awhile.

Have not seen the film. Didn't know it existed.

crumbsroom 01-25-23 02:07 PM

You can always trust the opinions of those who manage to rant without substance or punctuation.

John W Constantine 01-25-23 03:44 PM

OK, I won't watch it.

Act III 01-28-23 12:31 AM

Sounds like a title I would come up with myself, havent seen it yet though. I will sooner or later.

mattiasflgrtll6 01-30-23 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Iroquois (Post 2365736)
No idea why you'd bring up the film being "Asian" either (which it's not, it's an American film where like four of the characters are Asian).
And if it was it would still be one of a rare few. There's only been one Asian Best Picture winner, so don't understand what aronisred is getting at with there being some kind of "bias".

Even for an aronisred thread this is very lazy. He never really explained what he finds so "arrogant" about it.

Iroquois 01-30-23 01:39 AM

I guess the logic is that the last few years all had one "Asian" Best Picture nominee a year (cf. Minari, Drive My Car), but that's still pretty flimsy.

ScarletLion 01-30-23 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Iroquois (Post 2367129)
I guess the logic is that the last few years all had one "Asian" Best Picture nominee a year (cf. Minari, Drive My Car), but that's still pretty flimsy.
'Minari' is an American film. And wasn't up for best picture I don't think.

I more or less hated 'Everything Everywhere all at once'. It gave my eyes repetitive strain injuries.

But I don't understand where the opening post is going with the Asian film thing. It's more likely to be the other way around to be honest, American made, A24 film (who are knocking it out of the park at the moment'). Big Oscar campaign behind it.

Iroquois 01-30-23 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by ScarletLion (Post 2367161)
'Minari' is an American film. And wasn't up for best picture I don't think.
Which is why I put quotation marks around "Asian" because, like EEAAO, it is an American film where the primary characters are Asian as opposed to a film actually made in Asia (and it was up for Best Picture).

ScarletLion 01-30-23 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Iroquois (Post 2367179)
Which is why I put quotation marks around "Asian" because, like EEAAO, it is an American film where the primary characters are Asian as opposed to a film actually made in Asia (and it was up for Best Picture).
Confusing then. Maybe the opening poster is hinting at diversity and quotas in awards ceremonies. Hard to tell.