Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=62780)

crumbsroom 01-31-22 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Sedai (Post 2278703)

Oh this scene. One of the few things I ever witnessed make my grandfather laugh.

Every single time.

SpelingError 01-31-22 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by crumbsroom (Post 2278699)
Ah Demons...one of you Hall of Famers probably has a link to that, right?
Sent!

crumbsroom 01-31-22 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by crumbsroom (Post 2278701)
I get so stressed out on the last day of every month. So many things are leaving Criterion that I haven't seen. How should I choose what I see wisely? It's impossible.

I am glad I watched that Petri film though. Doubt I would have ever thought to otherwise.

I know I need to see Torn Curtain and Topaz at some point....but I also am pretty sure I won't like them.

I also want to watch the Youssou N'Dour documentary, because I'm not terribly familiar with his music....but maybe I wont' like his music

Mommie Dearest is due for a rewatch. But I also kind of have that ingrained in my brain. But I really want to rewatch. Rewatch. Rewatch.

Tekolust? What's that? I'll probably never find out if I don't act

Daughters of the Dust? Sure Rock was bored by it, but why should I trust him???. Maybe his mehdom should have immediately made it a priority. He doesn't even like INvestigation of a Citizen Beyond Suspicion. At least I think that was the name of it.

The documentary The Family Album is short, so that will probably win. Especially considering it will probably completely disappear from my radar unless I watch it today. Do I know what it is? No. But I'm not some peon who cares about such riff raff scruff as that.

Or maybe I'll just go to bed and wake up to a Fresh New February!

Wyldesyde19 01-31-22 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by crumbsroom (Post 2278759)
I know I need to see Torn Curtain and Topaz at some point....but I also am pretty sure I won't like them.

I also want to watch the Youssou N'Dour documentary, because I'm not terribly familiar with his music....but maybe I wont' like his music

Mommie Dearest is due for a rewatch. But I also kind of have that ingrained in my brain. But I really want to rewatch. Rewatch. Rewatch.

Tekolust? What's that? I'll probably never find out if I don't act

Daughters of the Dust? Sure Rock was bored by it, but why should I trust him???. Maybe his mehdom should have immediately made it a priority. He doesn't even like INvestigation of a Citizen Beyond Suspicion. At least I think that was the name of it.

The documentary The Family Album is short, so that will probably win. Especially considering it will probably completely disappear from my radar unless I watch it today. Do I know what it is? No. But I'm not some peon who cares about such riff raff scruff as that.

Or maybe I'll just go to bed and wake up to a Fresh New February!
Torn Curtain and Topaz are ok, much really lesser Hitch. Temper expectations accordingly.

Of the others, I plan to watch Daughters of the Dust soon, on Tubi. I haven’t watched anything from the L.A. Rebellion movement yet. As good as place to start I suppose.

Wyldesyde19 01-31-22 07:03 PM

This reminds me how much I was checking the films available on criterion while drooling over the prospects. Pretty sure I’m going to be able to subscribe before summer.

crumbsroom 01-31-22 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Wyldesyde19 (Post 2278769)
This reminds me how much I was checking the films available on criterion while drooling over the prospects. Pretty sure I’m going to be able to subscribe before summer.

There is a lot to love, whether it is over buried treasures, or more obvious treats. There is lots there.

Wyldesyde19 01-31-22 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by crumbsroom (Post 2278772)
There is a lot to love, whether it is over buried treasures, or more obvious treats. There is lots there.
Yeah. There’s so many classics that have to see thats available there. Plus the Czech NewWave, Aki K from Finland, Abbas K from Iran and so on

Takoma11 01-31-22 09:17 PM

I know I need to see Torn Curtain and Topaz at some point
Counterpoint: Do you, though?

crumbsroom 01-31-22 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Takoma11 (Post 2278787)
Counterpoint: Do you, though?

Yeah, I do. I know there is very little to recommend them beyond the completionist element, but just in case I do like them, I don't want to leave any Hitchcock stones unturned.

Either would be preferable to what I did choose, which is shaping up to be the worst thing I've seen in....years?

Rockatansky 01-31-22 09:51 PM

Torn Curtain has a pretty good (and surprisingly brutal) fight scene in a barn. Hitchcock obviously doesn't give a shit about the Cold War, but there's good stuff in there.

crumbsroom 01-31-22 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Rockatansky (Post 2278790)
Torn Curtain has a pretty good (and surprisingly brutal) fight scene in a barn. Hitchcock obviously doesn't give a shit about the Cold War, but there's good stuff in there.

So what you are saying is that it's better than Teknolust?

Rockatansky 01-31-22 09:54 PM

Daughters of the Dust? Sure Rock was bored by it, but why should I trust him???. Maybe his mehdom should have immediately made it a priority.
In my defense, it did a bunch of things that annoy me specifically, but probably won't bother most people. I still think it's worth seeing. Although if it's on Tubi as Wyldesyde19 points out, you can probably de-prioritize.

Rockatansky 01-31-22 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by crumbsroom (Post 2278791)
So what you are saying is that it's better than Teknolust?
Ain't seen the latter. I like Tilda, but I guessed from the thumbnail there was a good chance it was going to be annoying.

crumbsroom 01-31-22 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Rockatansky (Post 2278793)
Ain't seen the latter. I like Tilda, but I guessed from the thumbnail there was a good chance it was going to be annoying.

It is spectacularly annoying.

I've been bristling with anger for close to an hour by now.

Rockatansky 01-31-22 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by crumbsroom (Post 2278795)

How much of the movie does she spend making this face?

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/g92Z...70042951.0.jpg

crumbsroom 01-31-22 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by crumbsroom (Post 2278795)

Regarding Swinton, it is interesting to watch a very good actor get left out to dry by bad direction, bad script and a production that looks as cheap as Canadian television.

Interesting but definitely not enjoyable

crumbsroom 01-31-22 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Rockatansky (Post 2278796)
How much of the movie does she spend making this face?

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/g92Z...70042951.0.jpg

All time

crumbsroom 01-31-22 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by crumbsroom (Post 2278798)
All time

Also, that shot literally came on the second you posted that

ThatDarnMKS 01-31-22 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by crumbsroom (Post 2278788)
Yeah, I do. I know there is very little to recommend them beyond the completionist element, but just in case I do like them, I don't want to leave any Hitchcock stones unturned.

Either would be preferable to what I did choose, which is shaping up to be the worst thing I've seen in....years?
I like em!

crumbsroom 01-31-22 10:41 PM

Re: Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

Teknolust is the spiritual cousin to this atrociously awful Peter Gabriel video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt87bLX7m_o