Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Games and Tabs (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Movie Survivor (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=10226)

jrs 04-24-05 01:32 AM

Movie Survivor (Redux)

This is a game based on the TV show Survivor (OG's fave) but instead of players we heve movies. I post a list of movies and you vote for the film that you think should be voted off. Post a quick reply to vote. Every Friday i will post the results of the film that has been eliminated and then start a new thread for the next round and you start voting on that thread.

Here are the contenders.....

Closer

Ocean's Twelve

House of Flying Daggers

Napoleon Dynamite

Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind

Ray

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Silverado

Garden State

LordSlaytan 04-24-05 01:54 AM

I will play if you make a list of good movies. These all suck or are okay at best. Yech.

OG- 04-24-05 01:55 AM

Hehe, man I love Survivor.

I vote for Lemony Snickets. I was going to see it because I love Get Shorty, but before going I was warned by three different people not to. Thanks be to them.

Edit, I agree with Slay, it would be more interesting if there was a better selection of movies.

SpoOkY 04-24-05 01:57 AM

yeah well you have to have some annoying ones so people want to vote at first. I'm voting for

The Pacifier

because Vin Diesal just makes me angry in terms of the roles he plays, his terrible acting and the corny things he says in his films and about his films. OK maybe a little harsh but I stand by my vote.

*EDIT: ok all the movies are different now so I'll vote for Ocean's 12 because the storyline frustrated me, it wasn't really a believable story. Although I like seeing Clooney, Pitt, Roberts, Damon and Garcia in one movie.

LordSlaytan 04-24-05 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by SpoOkY
yeah well you have to have some annoying ones so people want to vote at first. I'm voting for.
Some? All of these movies stink! Name one that was great. Just one. I kind of liked The Jacket, but that's it on this list.

susan 04-24-05 02:02 AM

i wanted to see be cool too...only because i loved get shorty myself...also was warned not to

and i loved phantom and national treasure...gerard butler put the role over well...i was disappointed that it didn't win at least one oscar..

as for national treasure...hey it was a fun film...not oscar winning anything, but basically a good go with flow movie...

as far as the voting goes, i'm vote for be cool

hey jrs...you changed it...well my vote NOW goes to lemony snicket...that's the least favorite on my list...

LordSlaytan 04-24-05 02:29 AM

I'm such an *******. :bawling:

Okay...I feel better now. I'll vote for Garden State.

lor83b 04-24-05 10:38 AM

Napoleon Dynamite
This movie sucked big time.

blibblobblib 04-24-05 02:48 PM

What? Im confused. The Pacifier isnt on there (Thank God.) And most of the films listed are pretty Awse. Did you change it Jrs?

jrs 04-24-05 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
Did you change it Jrs?
Yes I did . Sorry for that confusion.

The Taxi Driver 04-24-05 08:23 PM

i vote Lemony Snickets......

blibblobblib 04-24-05 08:34 PM

All you people that are voting Lemony Snickett are fools!

Hello? Oceans Twelve?

Ezikiel 04-24-05 08:45 PM

Napoleon Dynamite, I guess. But, seriously, there should still be a better selection of films. I mean, I don't want to play Movie Survivor with films that were released a mesely six months ago.

Uncle Rico 04-24-05 08:48 PM

House of flying Daggers, but thats only if it does bad at surviving

jrs 04-24-05 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Ezikiel
[i]I don't want to play Movie Survivor with films that were released a mesely six months ago.
What's the difference.

Ezikiel 04-24-05 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by jrs
What's the difference[?]
That there is a better selection of films, and you could try to at least give us a challenge and make us think of what were voting off. Instead, your making a list of films that don't make much of a difference of what you vote off. Whatever, it doesn't matter, I just won't play until there's a better selection of films.

jrs 04-24-05 09:26 PM

....you could try to at least give us a challenge and make us think of what were voting off. Instead, your making a list of films that don't make much of a difference of what you vote off.
You are voting off what you choose to vote off. (Like the show Survivor). Plus it doesn't make a difference what I make a list of.

....Whatever, it doesn't matter, I just won't play until there's a better selection of films.
Oh well.

Strummer521 04-24-05 10:04 PM

I vote off Napoleon Dynamite I liked that movie the first time saw it but now I am just sick of it.

Lance McCool 04-25-05 12:43 AM

Lemony Snicket's

nebbit 04-25-05 07:13 AM

http://www.auntiemomo.com/cakeordeat...s/oceans12.gif