Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Ongoing Tournaments & Brackets (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Song Tournament Sleven (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=41084)

teeter_g 05-27-15 03:09 PM

Song Tournament Slevin

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ter_Poster.JPG
Honestly I couldn't help myself with that title. This one is going to be a little different in that you send your 10 nominations to me in a PM. Any thing you like music wise, nothing is off the table. Also, I am going to participate in this. If anyone has a problem with me participating as well, let me know. I will try to stretch this out a little more than SC did the last one. LOL!

cricket 05-27-15 03:14 PM

I'm in, I like stretched out things.

Derek Vinyard 05-27-15 03:14 PM

Re: Song Tournament Sleven

I'm in and sending my nominations very soon ! :D

Fabulous 05-27-15 03:32 PM

I will send my nominations in shortly.

mistique 05-27-15 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by teeter_g (Post 1322317)
I will try to stretch this out a little more than SC did the last one. LOL!
Yes, please!

gbgoodies 05-27-15 04:07 PM

I'm in, but I can't PM my nominations until tonight. How long do we have for submitting nominations?

BTW, the pic in the first post isn't working for me.

Derek Vinyard 05-27-15 04:52 PM

I've sent mine! it's 10 songs right ?

christine 05-27-15 06:01 PM

I'm in. Give me an hour or so to get it together.

christine 05-27-15 08:07 PM

sorry teeter, my interent's slowed to a crawl. I've sent you the pm but i can't get youtube to play now so I can't check my links . Hope they're ok if not let me know. Midnight now so got to get some sleep!

cricket 05-27-15 08:09 PM

Sent my 10

Sexy Celebrity 05-27-15 09:16 PM

Are we NOT gonna know who nominated what? Cause I could see that being fun, as long as nobody reveals what they nominated. Wish I had done it.

Sexy Celebrity 05-27-15 09:25 PM

I actually don't think I'm gonna join this one, though. Sorry. I did a lot of work for the last one and participated in a bunch of others before it. I need a break.

cricket 05-27-15 09:34 PM

You can take a break another time

teeter_g 05-27-15 11:19 PM

SC if you don't mind, since you aren't participating, I may get in touch with you for tie-breakers. Yeah, the idea is that no one really knows who nominated what. It should make it a little more interesting I think. I suppose I will wait until sometime tomorrow to start the first round. I have already gotten nominations from Cricket, Christine, Derek Vinyard, Mystique and Chypmunk. If I count the nominations that I haven't come up with for myself then that is 60 songs so far. This could get fairly big. LOL!

gbgoodies 05-27-15 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by teeter_g (Post 1322529)
SC if you don't mind, since you aren't participating, I may get in touch with you for tie-breakers. Yeah, the idea is that no one really knows who nominated what. It should make it a little more interesting I think. I suppose I will wait until sometime tomorrow to start the first round. I have already gotten nominations from Cricket, Christine, Derek Vinyard, Mystique and Chypmunk. If I count the nominations that I haven't come up with for myself then that is 60 songs so far. This could get fairly big. LOL!

I like the idea that nobody knows who nominated what, but it means that I have to go non-country for this tournament or my noms will be much too easy to figure out. Maybe I'll have hubby pick my nominations this time?

teeter_g 05-27-15 11:33 PM

Whatever you want to do GB.

teeter_g 05-27-15 11:42 PM

Also, when the tournament starts I am going to do it a LOT differently. Hope it doesn't really bother anyone. Rounds will probably only consist of about 6 songs.....unless my plan doesn't work. LOL!

Sexy Celebrity 05-27-15 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by teeter_g (Post 1322529)
Yeah, if I'm around, I'll break a tie.

If this ends up being a 128 song tournament, and you still need people, I might join. But if it's 256 (the mega tournament), I'm not joining, 'cause I don't wanna get involved in a slow mega tournament again.

teeter_g 05-27-15 11:47 PM

I'll let you know. I don't know how many people will sign up all together. Like I said, it is open for nominations until sometime tomorrow. Sorry I can't be more precise right now but if my mom doesn't take my car to work again then I am going to be gone tomorrow looking for work myself. Hard to tell what time I will be back. I will say that it will be open until sometime tomorrow afternoon. I will know more in the morning.

gbgoodies 05-27-15 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 1322530)
I like the idea that nobody knows who nominated what, but it means that I have to go non-country for this tournament or my noms will be much too easy to figure out. Maybe I'll have hubby pick my nominations this time?
Originally Posted by teeter_g (Post 1322538)
Whatever you want to do GB.

I'm not sure what to do yet because hubby said he's only willing to pick songs if I promise to vote for them, and I hate his music. :shrug: