Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Birthdays and Introductions (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   To all the IMDB refugees... (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=47995)

Yoda 02-05-17 11:44 AM

To all the IMDB refugees...

1 Attachment(s)
You're welcome here.

TheUsualSuspect 02-05-17 11:57 AM

Re: To all the IMDB refugees...

Very Canadian thing to do.

TJLamb0518 02-05-17 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect (Post 1637683)
Wait....is there poutine to be had???

Yoda 02-05-17 12:01 PM

I thought the Canadian thing to do would be to rake them all into a big pile.

Captain Steel 02-05-17 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect (Post 1637683)
As said before, any excuse to post this again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Kg2GPjN0SY

Personally, I'd like to see some Muslims on the MoFo! (arguing with liberals who really know very little about Islam is a waste) :D

matt72582 02-05-17 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Post 1637686)
As said before, any excuse to post this again!

Personally, I'd like to see some Muslims on the MoFo! (arguing with liberals who really know very little about Islam is a waste) :D
We did have a few, but they've stopped coming. I'll always stand behind free speech, I just hope they didn't feel unwanted.

Captain Steel 02-05-17 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by matt72582 (Post 1637861)
We did have a few, but they've stopped coming. I'll always stand behind free speech, I just hope they didn't feel unwanted.
Now I feel responsible. :(
(For everyone - just because I don't like your religion - and there aren't many that I actually "like" - doesn't mean I don't like you!) :)

Little Devil 02-05-17 03:02 PM

I thank you all for the rather warm and friendly reception. :p

Dani8 02-05-17 03:20 PM

I've been lucky to travel through quite a few muslim countries. I've never had a problem. Met some lovely mzzies in NYC when I was visiting. Got hugs from them when I left. An older couple living next door are from Iran. Nicest neighbours I have ever had. My butcher's assistant is Iranian as well. Absolutely gorgeous woman and she told me if I go to Iran her family would let me stay with them and show me the sights. They're not all like the cretins at isil who hide behind the Qu'ran as an excuse to blow off their disenfranchised mental illness. Don't believe all the negative hype, guys. Some of the most hospitable people I have met have been afghans. It's one of their tenants that they never refuse a traveller.

MonnoM 02-05-17 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Dani8 (Post 1637910)
I've been lucky to travel through quite a few muslim countries. I've never had a problem. Met some lovely mzzies in NYC when I was visiting. Got hugs from them when I left. An older couple living next door are from Iran. Nicest neighbours I have ever had. My butcher's assistant is Iranian as well. Absolutely gorgeous woman and she told me if I go to Iran her family would let me stay with them and show me the sights. They're not all like the cretins at isil who hide behind the Qu'ran as an excuse to blow off their disenfranchised mental illness. Don't believe all the negative hype, guys. Some of the most hospitable people I have met have been afghans. It's one of their tenants that they never refuse a traveller.
You should get an avatar. I just can't trust someone without an avatar. :suspicious:

But seriously, you're all welcome. Just keep it cordial. But really, get an avatar.

TONGO 02-05-17 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1637677)
Oy! You stole this idea from my Shoutbox thingy.

Im gonna get a mod...........oh. oy! :facepalm:

Dani8 02-05-17 03:52 PM

Avatar coming up MonnoM. Just having a blank. Need to make a pot of tea.

TheUsualSuspect 02-05-17 05:42 PM

Maybe a film reel or something?

Dani8 02-05-17 05:53 PM

For my avatar? Hey I could use my brother's film reel but I think I'd be pushing my luck.

The esteemed yoda suggested I ask you guys for suggestions. Have to duck to the shops but will come back and tell you what movies, actors I like.

Chypmunk 02-05-17 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Dani8 (Post 1638026)
For my avatar? Hey I could use my brother's film reel but I think I'd be pushing my luck.

The esteemed yoda suggested I ask you guys for suggestions. Have to duck to the shops but will come back and tell you what movies, actors I like.
Just put a cute pic of a koala up for now and be done with it ;)
http://justcuteanimals.com/wp-conten...ummer-pics.jpg

Yoda 02-05-17 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 1637938)
Oy! You stole this idea from my Shoutbox thingy.

Im gonna get a mod...........oh. oy! :facepalm:
You're totally right. I totally did. Thanks!

Dani8 02-05-17 05:56 PM

Excuse my blondeness (I'm actually an evil ginger) but how do I do that?

Back soon. Give me 20 minutes or so.

MonnoM 02-05-17 06:25 PM

You don't really need to get an avatar. I'll just work on my trust issues.

The Rodent 02-05-17 06:58 PM

In times of Brexit and Trump... who'd have thunk a website on the interwebnet would be a place that welcomes refugees.

MoFo rules.

Wplains 02-05-17 07:19 PM

Hello, my name is WPlains and I am an IMDB exile. :D I feel we´ve been exiled from IMDb more than made refugees. We were unceremoniously kicked out. Sad, I was there almost daily for 11 years. A friend told me about this site so here I am hoping to have a good time and make some nice friends. Cheers all.