Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Upcoming Movies & Sequels (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   30 Days of Night: Dark Days (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=20813)

jrs 09-30-09 12:27 AM

30 Days of Night: Dark Days

Originally Posted by Jrs' Sequel Buzz Thread

30 Days Of Night Sequel Shooting In October

It was more than two years ago that it was first reported of a pending sequel to 30 Days of Night. They’ve taken their sweet time about getting it done but tonight Bloody Digusting was able to confirm that not only is it happening, they’re shooting it this October in Vancouver, BC.

The main human character, Stella Oleson will return, but she’s being recast. Melissa George won’t be back to play her. This time instead of one of the few survivors of an Alaskan town suddenly attacked by a ravenous horde of bloodthirsty vampires, she’s actually one in a group of vampire hunters. They’re out for revenge. The story was written by Steve Niles and Ben Ketai, who also wrote two 30 Days of Night webseries. Ketai is also directing.

No word yet on whether this is actually a theatrical release, or some sort of direct-to-DVD.

Source: Cinema Blend

n3wt 09-30-09 07:24 AM

Re: 30 Days of Night: Dark Days

This is good news I thought the first film was great and I was hoping for another film.

zedlen 10-07-09 02:14 AM

Chances are it will be straight to DVD and rubbish..

n3wt 10-07-09 08:49 AM

Isnt there already a straight to dvd release?

jrs 10-07-09 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by n3wt (Post 572665)
No, but Dark Days is.

honeykid 10-07-09 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by n3wt (Post 572665)
It's a mini-series, n3wt, but I'm pretty sure it's available on dvd over here. I think there's actually a tv series of it too. But Dark Days is a sequel film.

jrs 10-20-09 03:54 AM

Full 30 Days of Night: Dark Days Cast Revealed

Bloody-Disgusting has revealed the full cast for the upcoming straight-to-DVD sequel of 30 Days of Night, entitled 30 Days of Night: Dark Days.

Rhys Coiro will play a lead character while Mia Kirschner will play the lead vampire, Lilith. Harold Perrineau, Kiele Sanchez, Diora Baird and Monica Ganderton also star in the film. The site has also received the first plot synopsis, which you can read below.

After nearly a year of struggling to expose the truth, a desperate and lonely Stella decides to join a group of rogue vampire hunters to seek revenge on Lilith, the powerful vampire responsible for the attack on her Alaskan town...
Production started today on the film, but it wasn't quite clear when the DVD would be set for release.

Steve Niles' 30 Days of Night: Dark Days, the sequel to his hit vampires-in-Alaska comic book series 30 Days of Night, is following its predecessor to the big screen courtesy of Niles and writer-director Ben Ketai. Ketai is no stranger to the franchise, having worked on the webisodes 30 Days of Night: Blood Trails and 30 Days of Night: Dust to Dust, which further flesh out Niles' vampire world. It's too soon to say whether 30 Days of Night: Dark Days will improve on the original, but it's a great excuse to catch up on the comic, espcially given that the moody artwork is by Ben Templesmith, one of the best in the biz today.

Source: Movieweb

jrs 11-08-09 06:49 PM

First Image from Dark Days: 30 Days Of Night

This first image from the 30 Days Of Night sequel Dark Days courtesy of SPWAG/Stage 6 and photographed by Chris Large has been making the rounds on-line, but can be tracked back courtesy to Ain't It Cool News.

Below is your first look at actress Kiele Sanchez as the new Stella Oleson, taking over the role originated by Melissa George in the first film. Directed by Ben Ketai, the sequel was co-written by Ketai with Steve Niles and based upon Niles graphic novel sequel of the same name.

The cast also consists of Mia Kirshner (playing vampire Lilith), Diora Baird (Night Of The Demons), Rhys Coiro (Straw Dogs), Harold Perrineau, Troy Ruptash, Jackson Berlin, John De Santis, Marco Sorian and Katherine Isabelle (Ginger Snaps, Freddy Vs Jason).

Dark Days is currently lensing in Vancouver. You can check out some comments from Niles about adapting his original graphic novel series into a screenplay at our previous news post here.

Source: Shock Till You Drop

The Prestige 11-08-09 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by jrs (Post 580627)
First Image from Dark Days: 30 Days Of Night

This first image from the 30 Days Of Night sequel Dark Days courtesy of SPWAG/Stage 6 and photographed by Chris Large has been making the rounds on-line, but can be tracked back courtesy to Ain't It Cool News.

Below is your first look at actress Kiele Sanchez as the new Stella Oleson, taking over the role originated by Melissa George in the first film. Directed by Ben Ketai, the sequel was co-written by Ketai with Steve Niles and based upon Niles graphic novel sequel of the same name.

The cast also consists of Mia Kirshner (playing vampire Lilith), Diora Baird (Night Of The Demons), Rhys Coiro (Straw Dogs), Harold Perrineau, Troy Ruptash, Jackson Berlin, John De Santis, Marco Sorian and Katherine Isabelle (Ginger Snaps, Freddy Vs Jason).

Dark Days is currently lensing in Vancouver. You can check out some comments from Niles about adapting his original graphic novel series into a screenplay at our previous news post here.

Source: Shock Till You Drop
Just when I was about to avoit it at all costs you mention Ginger.

honeykid 11-09-09 05:58 AM

It's still probably worth avoiding Pres, even with Mia Kirshner and Katherine Isabelle in it. There again, I wasn't a fan of the first one though, I have to say, once I decided it was a zombie film with vampires, I enjoyed it more. That or it just got good after about an hour or so. One or the other. I'll have to take a look at it again one day and see if I can decide which of those two things happen.

gar19rett 11-09-09 06:46 PM

i dont like that they changed hte actress..new 1 is hotter though

petromanbrava 12-13-09 01:20 AM

I agree. They should have kept the original actress. It would be pretty cool to see her go for revenge and destroy them. I'll def be looking for it to watch it.