Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Forums Site Stuff (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   MoFo Fantasy Football 2021 - The Season (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=64733)

Yoda 09-03-21 04:50 PM

MoFo Fantasy Football 2021 - The Season

For in-season talk now that we're post-draft.

And random NFL stuff of course. Like this:

https://twitter.com/nflthrowback/sta...29618411139073

Wyldesyde19 09-04-21 03:49 PM

Is it Thursday yet?

Holden Pike 09-05-21 08:58 AM

Re: MoFo Fantasy Football 2021 - The Season

In both of my leagues my opening game's opponent has Russell Wilson as their QB.

jiraffejustin 09-05-21 10:30 AM

The thing that I absolutely LOVE (emphasized the sarcasm there) about being in two leagues is when you play against somebody in one league who starts the same people you start in the other. Playing against Rodgers in this league and starting him in my work league. Starting Derrick Henry in this league and playing against him in my work league.

Yoda 09-05-21 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by jiraffejustin (Post 2236037)
The thing that I absolutely LOVE (emphasized the sarcasm there) about being in two leagues is when you play against somebody in one league who starts the same people you start in the other. Playing against Rodgers in this league and starting him in my work league. Starting Derrick Henry in this league and playing against him in my work league.
This is ultimately why I stopped playing in several leagues at once. The crisscrossing interests thing just got to be too silly.

Wyldesyde19 09-05-21 01:46 PM

Yep. Starting Ekeler in my other league while Tongo has Ekeler lined up against me.
Weeeeee!

Wyldesyde19 09-06-21 03:45 PM

I don’t remember if this was asked and answered previously, and I didn’t see anything in the sign ups thread but, with 12 teams, is the playoffs still set for 6 teams or is that being lowered?

I’m fine with 6, to be honest.

Yoda 09-06-21 06:46 PM

Yeah that came up before, I replied. I said it was the same by default, but I was fine either way and asked people if they cared much and I don't think anyone said anything. So it's the same, even if it feels slightly silly to have half the league make it. Offset a little by the fact that there's still byes, though (and four would make feel like a bit too few).

Wyldesyde19 09-06-21 06:51 PM

Must have missed it, sorry.
We could do 5, with the top team receiving a bye. This wouldn’t be as bad as 6 teams getting in, and makes that first round bye all the more desired.

Yoda 09-06-21 06:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Would be fine with me, but Yahoo doesn't have that as an option. Here's what it looks like by default:

Wyldesyde19 09-06-21 06:55 PM

Laaaaaaame options.
6 it is.

TONGO 09-07-21 07:11 PM

Well after having my heart broken coming so close this Fantasy Baseball season, I get a jolt of hope for my Fantasy Football one...

Bucs head coach Bruce Arians said WR Antonio Brown is "playing at a speed I saw four or five years ago." Brown, Arians added, is "the healthiest he's been in years" headed into the regular season. Brown, 33, has struggled through a variety of injuries in recent years, and had knee surgery this offseason. The legally troubled wideout has reportedly dominated in training camp and joint practices this summer. ESPN's Jenna Laine predicted Brown -- after a full offseason with Tom Brady and the Bucs -- will lead Tampa in receiving yards this year. The Athletic's Greg Auman said last month that Brown “looks a step faster in training camp” than he did in the last half of the 2020 season. He should be locked into 12-team league lineups for the Bucs' season opener against Dallas.

Wyldesyde19 09-07-21 08:05 PM

He can totally lead the league in yards…but for our game, I hope he nets a big fat zero
😎

Wyldesyde19 09-09-21 02:15 PM

Alright! It’s finally here! The first game of football!
I fully expect Tongo to jump out to an early lead tonight, considering he has 3 players rostered for tonight's game.
Both of us have our QB’s in, so I’m hoping Brady out duels Prescot.
Also, I’m hoping Brady avoids Brown tonight when it comes to the end zone.
Can’t have his TD negated by Browns 😎

TONGO 09-09-21 02:36 PM

I might have 4 going tonight. Ekeler has a hammy issue so I may play Fournette. I dont know.

Wyldesyde19 09-09-21 02:58 PM

Yeah, I have Ekeler in my other league. Monitoring it right now. I may roll the dice on him and keep him in.
Don’t think I would risk that in this league though. I aim to make the playoffs and improve upon last years dismal finish.

Wyldesyde19 09-09-21 05:53 PM

At some point, Hunt is going to be starting for a different team. He’s way too good to function as a RB2 for the Browns.
I wonder where he might be a good fit for a team in need of his skills?

Holden Pike 09-09-21 07:04 PM

The Ravens are just snakebit this year. Like San Francisco last year.

Wyldesyde19 09-09-21 07:06 PM

Just coming to post this as well. Gus Edwards apparently suffered a “significant” knee injury

Beantown hit with serious injuries before the season even begins.

Holden Pike 09-10-21 09:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 2236836)
Well after having my heart broken coming so close this Fantasy Baseball season, I get a jolt of hope for my Fantasy Football one...

Bucs head coach Bruce Arians said WR Antonio Brown is "playing at a speed I saw four or five years ago." Brown, Arians added, is "the healthiest he's been in years" headed into the regular season. Brown, 33, has struggled through a variety of injuries in recent years, and had knee surgery this offseason. The legally troubled wideout has reportedly dominated in training camp and joint practices this summer. ESPN's Jenna Laine predicted Brown -- after a full offseason with Tom Brady and the Bucs -- will lead Tampa in receiving yards this year. The Athletic's Greg Auman said last month that Brown “looks a step faster in training camp” than he did in the last half of the 2020 season. He should be locked into 12-team league lineups for the Bucs' season opener against Dallas.
Yeah, you could not have had a much better opening night.