Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Intermission: Miscellaneous Chat (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Pie- apple or blueberry? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=59812)

lenslady 08-06-19 04:07 PM

Pie- apple or blueberry?

Blueberry.

Chypmunk 08-06-19 04:12 PM

Re: Pie- apple or blueberry?

Neither. Chocolate eclair :)

Yoda 08-06-19 04:23 PM

Chyp gets it.

I've never really liked pie. Though it does seem like one of those things I'd like more now that I'm a little older, so I might have to try it again.

SeeingisBelieving 08-06-19 04:28 PM

Apple

Miss Vicky 08-06-19 04:39 PM

I’m not crazy about either of those. I’d rather have banana cream or lemon meringue.

Sir Toose 08-06-19 04:44 PM

Key Lime.. but if it has to be those 2 then blueberry

ynwtf 08-06-19 04:46 PM

Prolly Raspberry Pi. Does Apple even support gaming? And people still use blueblackberries? Oh. wait...

Citizen Rules 08-06-19 04:51 PM

I'm not big on pies. In fact the only kind I'd eat would be a homemade apple pie, heavy on the cinnamon and light on the crust.

ynwtf 08-06-19 04:57 PM

For my serious reply: apple. I think pecan pie is my personal favorite though. Apple maybe a distant 2nd or 3rd. Put a 12-layer chocolate CAKE in from of me though and it's game over, no contest. Friggin pie heathens.

ahwell 08-06-19 05:29 PM

Apple easily. I love blueberries but blueberry pies make me queasy for some reason.

MijaFrost 08-06-19 05:37 PM

Not a fan of blueberry pies or blueberry muffins...

Homemade apple pie is good. Storebought kind is typically bland.

I do like pumpkin pie. (Again, homemade is best.)

My favorite would be banana cream. Also like key lime, and frozen/chilled pies with pudding.

Sometimes I'll have strawberry cheesecakes.

gbgoodies 08-06-19 10:41 PM

I don't like pie because of the pie crust, but I sometimes eat chocolate cream pie, as long as I don't have to eat the crust.

I would prefer a nice piece of cake. Preferably an angel food cake with milk chocolate frosting, or maybe a nice piece of black forest cake.

Chypmunk 08-07-19 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 2028348)
I would prefer a nice piece of cake. Preferably an angel food cake with milk chocolate frosting, or maybe a nice piece of black forest cake.
'Scuse my ignorance but what the heck is an angel food cake?

doubledenim 08-07-19 04:08 AM

Always pecan. Key Lime is a close second. Then again, we all know it's really cheesecake :D

lenslady 08-07-19 10:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Originally Posted by Chypmunk (Post 2028377)
Originally Posted by gbgoodies (Post 2028348)

Angel food cake is aka sponge cake. It is a very light fluffy cake, and is sometimes recommended if you are on a diet b/c it's low fat . I can only enjoy it if it has some fruit and whipped cream upon it, which I assume defeats the purpose of using it as a diet food.

If your preferences are for a custard filled eclair ( yum) I' m not sure you'd be a fan. But you can try it, maybe with a cuppa tea.

Chypmunk 08-07-19 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by lenslady (Post 2028401)
Angel food cake is aka sponge cake. It is a very light fluffy cake, and is sometimes recommended if you are on a diet b/c it's low fat . I can only enjoy it if it has some fruit and whipped cream upon it, which I assume defeats the purpose of using it as a diet food.
Thank you for the enlightenment.

If your preferences are for a custard filled eclair ( yum) I'm not sure you'd be a fan. But you can try it, maybe with a cuppa tea.
Eclairs are generally cream filled not custard filled here (more yummy lol) but I'm a cake fan in general (as long as they don't contain fruit) and enjoy a nice light, fluffy sponge as much as the next cake enthusiast :) No tea though .... horrid, icky, acerbic stuff. Coffee all the way for me.

honeykid 08-07-19 12:13 PM

Apple, obviously as it's the only correct answer to this question.

Next? :D

lenslady 08-07-19 02:18 PM

Apple is a pie I never eat, unless it's home made.

And since you all mentioned some delicious alternatives, I can say that
I' m also partial to lemon meringue, a (custard) eclair, and sweet potato pie. Home made only for the key lime
and / or pecan pie. I sometimes like peach pie too.

And btw, my personal motto is -" I don't need much more to have a good day than a walk in the woods and a nice piece of pie."

However, topping the list on all these desserts - and making it a really great day - would be layer cake with buttercream icing .

Finally , I notice that - so far anyways- I am the ONLY one here who would unabashedly choose blueberry pie as numero uno First Pie( other than Sir Toose, who graciously picked it as a second choice ) .

Well, no matter- my birthday's coming up this month, so that just means -

More blueberry pie for mmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeee :)

doubledenim 08-07-19 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by honeykid (Post 2028430)
Apple, obviously as it's the only correct answer to this question.

Next? :D
Pure barf. :sick:

Those slivers of apple. Gross. I'll take a rutabaga and persimmon over apple.

ynwtf 08-07-19 09:27 PM

What does the farmer take on his family vacation?

A rutabago!!

Ok ok.

cricket 08-07-19 09:38 PM

Out of the 2 I go apple. Favorites are pecan, custard, and hair.

John McClane 08-07-19 09:40 PM

Pecan pie. It’s how I know it’s the holidays.

Steve Freeling 08-07-19 09:40 PM

Either is fine by me, really.

Captain Steel 08-07-19 10:16 PM

I like both, but I'd pick Blueberry because it seems less usual and not as readily available.

One pie I like that's easy to make is the one where (you can buy the pre-made crust...) you put bananas in the bottom and chocolate pudding over them! Refrigerate, put some whipped cream on top, and you're ready to go!

A non-desert pie I also like is called "Meat-Shell Pie" where you put pan-seared ground beef in a large glass pie plate (preferably full of sauteed onions & garlic, etc.) then cover with mashed potatoes, top with cheddar cheese and some pieces of bacon - heat (or broil) until the cheese melts then serve. I like ketchup on mine! Tastes like a cheeseburger (except for the mashed potatoes)!

gbgoodies 08-07-19 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Chypmunk (Post 2028377)
Originally Posted by lenslady (Post 2028401)

This is mostly correct, but the best part about angel food cake is that it's made with just the egg whites, not the whole egg. That's why it looks white, not yellow. This also makes it much lighter and fluffier than a yellow cake.

honeykid 08-08-19 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Post 2028580)

One pie I like that's easy to make is the one where (you can buy the pre-made crust...) you put bananas in the bottom and chocolate pudding over them! Refrigerate, put some whipped cream on top, and you're ready to go!
What you do in your own time is your own business. But I wouldn't want to eat it afterwards. :D

KeyserCorleone 08-08-19 03:16 PM

Apple pie, or blueberry pie? Which one? You gotta choose the right one! If you cut into the wrong pie, the bomb will go off! But no pressure! Just don't kill us!

Apple.

It's a cherry pie / cherry bomb, by the way.

AfiLai 09-18-19 11:21 PM

Love both but if I truly had to choose would go with blueberry

Mesmerized 09-18-19 11:36 PM

I'll go with apple pie; although, I would much prefer a pizza pie.

Chypmunk 09-19-19 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by Mesmerized (Post 2036599)
I'll go with apple pie; although, I would much prefer a pizza pie.
Combine the two and cut yerself a pizza apple pie :)

FiletMignon9797 03-28-20 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Chypmunk (Post 2028252)
Neither. Chocolate eclair :)
:lol:

:affleck:

:flair: