Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Reviews (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Top 50 Favourites - Optimus (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=46988)

Optimus 10-12-16 11:42 AM

Top 50 Favourites - Optimus

2019 list in the works.

Miss Vicky 10-12-16 12:48 PM

Re: Top 50 Favourites - Optimus

I'll be watching this, but I can't rep that post.

300. Ugh.
I just can't.

Optimus 10-12-16 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 1592424)
I'll be watch this, but I can't rep that post.

300. Ugh.
I just can't.
Haha fair enough. 300 is a love/hate movie.

The Gunslinger45 10-12-16 01:56 PM

I'll rep. 300? Hell yeah!

Camo 10-12-16 02:08 PM

Jaws is great the rest are ok.

Optimus 10-12-16 02:50 PM

2019 works in the works.

Miss Vicky 10-12-16 02:54 PM

I really liked Jurassic World and don't understand the negativity towards it.
And, of course, I love Gladiator. It was my favorite movie for a little while.

The Gunslinger45 10-12-16 02:55 PM

I love Jaws. It is an easy top 25 favorite movie. I also really enjoy Snatch and 300. Roadhouse is badass too. Jurassic World was surprisingly enjoyable, but no where near as awesome as the original. The ending was badass though. I also love Predator and Gladiator.

I have never liked The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. In fact I prefer Texas Chainsaw Massacre II to the original.

Optimus 10-12-16 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by The Gunslinger45 (Post 1592472)
I love Jaws. It is an easy top 25 favorite movie. I also really enjoy Snatch and 300. Roadhouse is badass too. Jurassic World was surprisingly enjoyable, but no where near as awesome as the original. The ending was badass though. I also love Predator and Gladiator.

I have never liked The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. In fact I prefer Texas Chainsaw Massacre II to the original.
I enjoyed the second Texas Chainsaw Masacre movie too. But everything after the first two movies sucked.

The Gunslinger45 10-12-16 03:03 PM

I have not even bothered to see the other movies. Especially the remakes.

NedStark09 10-12-16 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Optimus (Post 1592468)
46. Jurassic World

http://i67.tinypic.com/35n4p5u.jpg
"That thing out there... That is no dinosau"
Jurassic World is a movie that brought my childhood rushing back to me. They absolutely nailed this sequel in ways i couldn't imagine. In my opinion this is one of the best sequels of the past 20 years, and its a movie that actualy lives up to the original.

45. The Texas Chainsaw Masacre

http://i67.tinypic.com/2jg57v7.jpg
"That's the last ******* hitchhiker I ever pick up."
Old School horror at its very finest. Forget the cheap scares of modern horror, because this is what horror is all about. This movie is intense, disturbing, and truly terrifying. Its everything i love about a true horror movie.

44. Predator

http://i63.tinypic.com/10h57hz.jpg
"She says the jungle... it just came alive and took him."

Guns, Knives, Explosions, Cheesey lines, and a gang of some of the most badass men chasing an Alien around the jungle... whats not to like?. This is another very cool action movie to crack my list, and for damn good reason.

43. Gladiator

http://i64.tinypic.com/5kkmsy.jpg
"Brothers, what we do in life echoes in eternity."
Gladiator has a fantastic cast delivering some excellent performances. It has a great story, and some really epic battles. This movie looks amazing, and it was an easy choice when creating this countdown.
Only wish massacre wasnt on that block of movies was voting for the rest.

MovieMeditation 10-12-16 04:00 PM

I have enjoyed your previous lists, Opt, so I'm looking forward to this one. :up: Excellent start.

Jaws is a masterpiece. Tense, terrifying and bloody good entertainment. 300 is one fun action-packed adrenaline-fueled testosterone-filled film of the most entertaining kind. Totally nails the comic book look and feel too. Snatch is indeed everything you said about it. Great movie.

SO GLAD to see Jurassic World here. I thought it was excellent! Loved it. TCM is one of the best horrors out there, Predator is one of the best 80s action films and Gladiator I remember to be a really good epic.

I'll be watching....

edarsenal 10-12-16 11:51 PM

I can't believe I'm ACTUALLY catching a list from the very beginning!! :eek:
And this is looking to be a very solid one! SUHWEET!!

Also, I couldn't agree more when it comes to Snatch. DAMN GOOD movie!! Have you ever seen Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels?

Camo 10-13-16 12:38 AM

TCM is great, Gladiator is good. Predator is one of those films that i used to love but i haven't seen since i was a teenager so i have no idea if it would hold up. Haven't seen Jurrasic World.

Optimus 10-13-16 01:35 AM

Thanks guys. Glad to see so many fans of Snatch too.

gbgoodies 10-13-16 02:22 AM

Jaws is one of the few movies I love that some people call a horror movie. (I don't consider it a horror movie. I think it's more of a thriller, but either way, it's a great movie.)

I liked Roadhouse, but it's not really my type of movie, so I wouldn't call it a favorite, but it's a good movie.

I liked Jurassic World, but it's not as good as the original Jurassic Park.

Optimus 10-13-16 02:33 AM

Jaws is more of a horror than anything around today :D.

Optimus 10-13-16 05:18 AM

2019 list in the works.

Miss Vicky 10-13-16 05:27 AM

I've not seen Rocky II, but I didn't like the first one so I've no desire to see it. I tried watching The Lost Boys a few years ago but couldn't get through it. I feel like that's a movie that would've benefited from the nostalgia factor, but since I don't think I ever watched it as a child it didn't have that going for it. Flight was solid, but not a favorite. Despite being a bit of a Pixar fangirl, I'm not overly fond of the original Toy Story or its sequel (which is not to say that I dislike them), but I thought Toy Story 3 was really good.

Optimus 10-13-16 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 1592802)
I've not seen Rocky II, but I didn't like the first one so I've no desire to see it. I tried watching The Lost Boys a few years ago but couldn't get through it. I feel like that's a movie that would've benefited from the nostalgia factor, but since I don't think I ever watched it as a child it didn't have that going for it. Flight was solid, but not a favorite. Despite being a bit of a Pixar fangirl, I'm not overly fond of the original Toy Story or its sequel (which is not to say that I dislike them), but I thought Toy Story 3 was really good.
I need to track down your list and have a look at it.