Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Some great movies u probably havnt noticed. (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=4540)

rocklarky 06-19-03 09:35 AM

Some great movies u probably havnt noticed.

just thought id put in a few great movies that didnt get mainstream success and ask ur opinion on them, here we go:

1. trainspotting: the greatest ever british film(scotish film to be precise) with superb acting and a really realistic powerful depiction of drug abuse. robert carlyle is especially great in it as nutcase begbie.

2.kung pow! enter the fist: a spoof classic, just thought it was really funny, evil betty, my god what a character, its a petty the new scenes from scratch were so poor.

3.chopper: best austrailian film ive ever seen withe the "hulk" star eric bana in his first major role playing nutter mark "chopper" reid. story about a guy who went around demanding money from drug dealers(based on a true story) with superb acting from bana. u gotta see this, as hes gonna be a big, big, star.

Mr.Mister 06-20-03 12:06 AM

Kung Pow?

Now that movie I don't think was all that great.

Henry The Kid 06-20-03 12:17 AM

I think Trainspotting has become somewhat mainstream in America.

Miss Parker 06-20-03 12:23 AM

Re: Some great movies u probably havnt noticed.

Originally posted by rocklarky
1. trainspotting

3.chopper: best austrailian film ive ever seen withe the "hulk" star eric bana in his first major role playing nutter mark "chopper" reid. story about a guy who went around demanding money from drug dealers(based on a true story) with superb acting from bana. u gotta see this, as hes gonna be a big, big, star.
I think Trainspotting is pretty well known & appreciated. Chopper isn't as widely known but definately deserves to get more attention - its a great film & Bana is fantastic in it! The aussie films I think are great but didn't get box office success are 'Better Than Sex' with Susie Porter [Mullet, The Monkey's Mask] & David Wenham [LOTR:TTT, Moulin Rouge] & 'Romper Stomper' with Russell Crowe & Jacqueline Mackenzie [Divine Secrets of the ya-ya Sisterhood, Deep Blue Sea]

rocklarky 06-20-03 10:12 AM

kung pow is a classic!

Private_mojo 06-21-03 05:47 AM

Your right, i hav'nt seen any of them :sick:

rocklarky 06-21-03 09:25 AM

ur on a movie forum and u havnt seen a classic like trainspoting, do u even like movies? ever heard of star wars?

Aniko 06-21-03 03:53 PM

rocklarky...there is no reason for your rudeness and it's ticking me off. Stop it.

I haven't seen those movies either. It's riduculous for you to even suggest that because someone hasn't seen these movies they are less of a movie fan than you.

Kong 06-21-03 04:27 PM

Originally posted by rocklarky
ur on a movie forum and u havnt seen a classic like trainspoting, do u even like movies? ever heard of star wars?
You title your thread, "Some great movies u[sic] probably havnt[sic] noticed.", and then you berate someone for having not seen one of them?

P.S. Trainspotting is hardly a "classic". It's good, but not that good.

Maduka 06-22-03 03:14 PM

Trainspoting is a good movie and pretty well known.

The baby crawling on the celing is still scary as hell to me. YIKES!

Private_mojo 06-22-03 03:35 PM

Well, for a start I am only 15. The only 18s that i have seen are the ones that i go out of my way to see. The Alien series for example.

I was brought up watchings films, my dad showed me classics, just not the kind with sex and drugs.

Ah well :yup:

Piddzilla 06-22-03 03:44 PM

Originally posted by Private_mojo
I was brought up watchings films, my dad showed me classics, just not the kind with sex and drugs.
Well, that kind of disqualifies Trainspotting then... :laugh:

I love it, by the way, and I think you could call it a 90's classic. In Europe, at least, it was huge.

sphericthor 06-26-03 05:29 AM

Please don't gang up on me here but I actually enjoyed Darkness Falls.

I read bad reviews of it (average 2 stars) but still went to see it and I didn't regret it. IMO this movie deserves more praise, maybe it didn't recieve this prise because it's not a "moneybags" movie