Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Upcoming Movies & Sequels (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Dumbo... A Live Action Remake (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=36485)

The Rodent 07-09-14 07:29 AM

Dumbo... A Live Action Remake

Yup... a live action remake of Disney's Classic Dumbo is in the works.

Hollywood Reporter says “the adaptation of the original movie, adding a unique family story that parallels Dumbo’s story.”

Ehren Kruger will be writing... Kruger was behind the recently panned Transformers films "Age Of Extinction" and "Revenge Of The Fallen" and was behind Scream 3, Scream 4 and the American remakes of Japanese horrors "The Ring" and "The Ring 2".

Disney are also pushing for live action remakes of Cinderella, The Jungle Book and Beauty And The Beast.

Another remake on the horizon is The Rocketeer.

Voigan 07-09-14 04:41 PM

Re: Dumbo... A Live Action Remake

A remake of 73 year old movie about an elephant who flies by flapping his ears? Even by crappy remake standards this is hitting a new low.

jrs 07-09-14 04:45 PM

I'd prefer to go see Cinderella. :p

Voigan 07-09-14 04:57 PM

I wouldn't mind a Jungle Book if it follows the book more closely. I might check out the Beauty and the Beast remake too, though there's no way it's going to top the 1991 version for me.

jrs 07-09-14 05:01 PM

Guillermo del Toro was supposed to be involved with the Beauty and the Beast remake but he dropped out. I would have checked it out if he was involved.

BrowningIdentity 07-11-14 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Voigan (Post 1120235)
I wouldn't mind a Jungle Book if it follows the book more closely. I might check out the Beauty and the Beast remake too, though there's no way it's going to top the 1991 version for me.
This is all too true! Beauty and the Beast is my favorite traditionally animated film!

The Rodent 03-10-15 07:38 PM

News in: Tim Burton will be directing...

Gatsby 03-10-15 07:58 PM

- Blade Runner 2
- Ben Hur Remake
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre Prequel
- Now this...

gbgoodies 03-10-15 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 1268383)
News in: Tim Burton will be directing...

So will Johnny Depp be starring as Dumbo? :lol:

The Rodent 03-10-15 08:07 PM

Probably. Helena Bonham Carter will be the mouse.

90sAce 03-11-15 09:56 AM

Sounds unoriginal, and I doubt it'll capture the charm for kids as well as a cartoon elephant.

I mean would anyone see a Disney movie casting Mickey Mouse as "a live action mouse"?

MonnoM 06-13-18 10:37 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QPdRfqTnt4

The Rodent 06-13-18 10:47 PM

Looks very slick, aesthetic reminds me of The Greatest Showman, but can't say I'm too impressed at the moment.

I mean, a bunch of human additions in place of Timothy Q Mouse?
No Timothy = Not Dumbo.

Also, it appears that the post-production meeting was:
"Who will we get to sing Baby Mine?"
"How about... we get the most generic voice imaginable, and blanket it with artificial echo and auto-tune"
"Awesome. Now, how about getting rid of Timothy Mouse, and replacing him with humans?"
"Yeah, let's get a child actor in the role. It'll be generic enough to not threaten any of the audience"
"Awesome thinking. Better split the role between 2 kids though, make it a boy and a girl, so we're not being prejudiced toward any particular group"

Saunch 06-13-18 11:23 PM

Well, I guess a mini Batman Returns reunion is nice, at the very least.

seethiswithme 06-14-18 06:26 AM

liked watching the original as a kid. hoping this will be a good one!

rambond 06-14-18 08:31 AM

used to watch it when i was a child yes, hope it s gonna be a good iteration

I. Rex 06-14-18 08:44 AM

Love that they got Aurora to sing on the trailer. Haunting...

mojofilter 06-14-18 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Saunch (Post 1911031)
Well, I guess a mini Batman Returns reunion is nice, at the very least.
Yeah, it is nice. Keaton and DeVito teaming up with Burton again.

I know this may seem far-fetched, but another Batman movie with Keaton returning as Batman under Burton's direction would be cool. Bruce Wayne/Batman is now old and still seeking to be relevant in the ever-so crumbling society of Gotham. Maybe cast Val Kilmer and George Clooney as villains just so Batman can kick their asses for ruining the original series; not that it was completely their fault, but what the heck? :)

I'm sick of superhero movies, but I'd watch it.

Monkeypunch 06-14-18 05:08 PM

So it's a movie with a cute baby elephant who flies...let's make it more about the human characters!

I'm sorry, but no. I'd love the hell out of a real live action Dumbo, it'd be adorable. I don't know if I care enough about Colin Farrell...nope, actually i don't.

Dumbo looks wonderful, though.

FromBeyond 11-15-18 07:31 AM

Dumbo

https://youtu.be/7NiYVoqBt-8