Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Ongoing Tournaments & Brackets (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Horror Hall of Fame II (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=58329)

TheUsualSuspect 12-04-18 10:06 AM

Looking at previous HoF's to not nominate a repeat film.

Siddon 12-04-18 11:12 AM

I think this Hall should be more about recommendations rather than winning, my nom is recent and fairly popular amongst horror fans but didn't even get a major release

pahaK 12-04-18 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Siddon (Post 1972361)
I think this Hall should be more about recommendations rather than winning, my nom is recent and fairly popular amongst horror fans but didn't even get a major release
That's my idea as well. I'm definitely nominating a film that I consider a worthy candidate for that top-100 horror list but might not be popular enough to have been seen by the majority. Most certainly I don't want to nominate a major classic that everyone has already seen.

TheUsualSuspect 12-04-18 02:27 PM

Re: Horror Hall of Fame II

I'm torn between two movies....argh.

Screw it, flipped a coin.

pahaK 12-04-18 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect (Post 1972398)
I'm torn between two movies....argh.

Screw it, flipped a coin.
Maybe try the other one ;)

cricket 12-04-18 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Siddon (Post 1972361)
I always try to do that but I find it most difficult to nominate something that you in particular haven't already seen.

Siddon 12-04-18 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by cricket (Post 1972406)
I always try to do that but I find it most difficult to nominate something that you in particular haven't already seen.

I wasn't really speaking for me, because the chances are everything in this Hall is going to be a rewatch for me. I don't mind rewatching horror films

TheUsualSuspect 12-04-18 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by pahaK (Post 1972404)
Maybe try the other one ;)
Agh, who nominated my choice? This happened with the documentary HoF as well. Now I got to go with my second choice? :p

pahaK 12-04-18 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect (Post 1972427)
Agh, who nominated my choice? This happened with the documentary HoF as well. Now I got to go with my second choice? :p
This far two films have been nominated by two people so you're not the only one who had to pick another :)

Siddon 12-05-18 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by pahaK (Post 1972432)
This far two films have been nominated by two people so you're not the only one who had to pick another :)

Was it an Argento film?

pahaK 12-05-18 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Siddon (Post 1972512)
Was it an Argento film?
No. Neither of the "double nominations" are Italian.

MovieGal 12-05-18 01:55 PM

I love horror but not sure about joining. Giallo films are more like thrillers to me and some horror is just plain stoopid like Jeepers Creepers...

Siddon 12-05-18 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by MovieGal (Post 1972570)
I love horror but not sure about joining. Giallo films are more like thrillers to me and some horror is just plain stoopid like Jeepers Creepers...

Apparently nobody picked a Giallo film so I decided to switch up my nom from a found footage that came out this decade to a Giallo one.

CiCi 12-05-18 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by MovieGal (Post 1972570)
My nom isn't a giallo either, as much as I was tempted :p

pahaK 12-05-18 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Siddon (Post 1972579)
Apparently nobody picked a Giallo film so I decided to switch up my nom from a found footage that came out this decade to a Giallo one.
I'm going to watch your original nomination too as it was one of the two I hadn't seen before. Now there's only one.

cricket 12-05-18 02:42 PM

I don't seem to like Giallo very much but I still keep watching them.

pahaK 12-05-18 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by cricket (Post 1972586)
I don't seem to like Giallo very much but I still keep watching them.
They're not my absolute favorites but I've found quite a few of them enjoyable.

cricket 12-05-18 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by pahaK (Post 1972629)
They're not my absolute favorites but I've found quite a few of them enjoyable.
I've enjoyed a few too like Bay of Blood. I didn't like Deep Red or Suspiria which was nominated for a previous horror HoF.

MovieGal 12-05-18 08:52 PM

My nominations never win anyway... either to obscure or some just find not that interesting.

pahaK 12-05-18 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by cricket (Post 1972666)
I've enjoyed a few too like Bay of Blood. I didn't like Deep Red or Suspiria which was nominated for a previous horror HoF.
Funnily enough Bay of Blood isn't (as far as I know) usually considered a giallo but slasher. Also I enjoyed the other two but didn't like Bay of Blood :D