Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Games and Tabs (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Hotseat! Grill a MoFo: Miss Vicky (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=20312)

Ðèstîñy 08-07-09 02:48 PM

Hotseat! Grill a MoFo: Miss Vicky

What is your favorite song?

What is your favorite music genre?

Do you prefer board games, or computer games?

What is your favorite sport?

What is your favorite hobby, besides watching movies?

What is your favorite theater snack?

Theater, or home theater?

If you had to throw away all your movies but one, which one would you keep?

Do you avoid watching certain movies, simply because of an actor that is in them?

Name 5 actors you would love to meet, and why. What would you want to do to, or with them?

Name the movie you hate the most.

Name the oldest movie you've seen.

Name the newest movie you've seen.

What is your favorite movie genre?

Who is your favorite action star?

What is your favorite decade of movies?

What is your favorite movie for each genre . . .

Horror?
Sci-fi?
Suspense Thriller?
Comedy?
Action?
Drama?
Musicals?
Westerns?
Martial Arts?
War?

Miss Vicky 08-07-09 08:14 PM

What is your favorite song?

That changes from one day to the next, but currently I'm addicted to a little known song called "D.W. Suite" by Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham. This tribute to Dennis Wilson is from Buckingham's 1984 solo album Go Insane. It's just an incredibly strange, interesting and beautiful song and is just so... him.

What is your favorite music genre?

Classic Rock. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers is and always will be my favorite band ever. I’ve been listening to Petty since I was 8 years old and have seen him in concert 3 times. Other artists I really enjoy are Fleetwood Mac (I’ve seen them in concert 3 times and guitarist Lindsey Buckingham in concert 3 times), Bob Seger (I’ve seen him once in concert), Eric Clapton (just saw him with Steve Winwood in concert in June), Warren Zevon (never got to see him before he passed) and Creedence Clearwater Revival/John Fogerty (haven’t seen Fogerty yet but he’s on the list).

Do you prefer board games, or computer games?

I guess computer games, but I really don't have the patience or attention span for either. Mostly I play word games at Shockwave.com.

What is your favorite sport?

I don't really have any interest in sports, though I do love to bowl - if that counts. I have my own ball and shoes, though I'm really terrible at it. As for watching on television, the only "sport" I'll tune in to is equestrian show jumping, but mostly I just sit there and chant "refuse, refuse!" – especially if there’s a water jump involved. Is that wrong of me?

What is your favorite hobby, besides watching movies?

Fiction writing. Since 2000 I've been slowly piecing together and polishing a novel about a young man who suddenly finds himself on his own - finally free to explore his sexuality and yet forced by circumstances to use it as a means to survive.

I actually got a publishing offer for it a couple of years ago, but I declined it because I wasn’t comfortable with the terms of the contract.

What is your favorite theater snack?

Don’t know if they count as a snack, but the hot dogs are delicious! Also, the Cinnabon pretzels are quite yummy.

Theater, or home theater?
Theater. My tv is rather small and my house if full of distractions. Though unfortunately I most often view movies in bits and pieces on my 7” portable DVD player. I work 11-12 hours a day Monday – Thursday and I watch movies on my lunch breaks.

If you had to throw away all your movies but one, which one would you keep?

That sounds like the worst day of my life. I think I have to stick with Quills. Its combination of humor, sex and heartbreak would sustain me longer than any other, before I sink into the inevitable depression that an otherwise movie-less existence would bring.

Do you avoid watching certain movies, simply because of an actor that is in them?

Yes. Yes I do. Unless there is a very compelling reason for me to watch, I avoid movies starring Orlando Bloom, Mark Wahlberg, Adam Sandler, Will Ferrell and Jack Black, off the top of my head.

Name 5 actors you would love to meet, and why. What would you want to do to, or with them?

Joaquin Phoenix. If I’d been asked this question a couple of years ago, my answer as to why would be very family-unfriendly and... um… explicit. Now, I’d just want to try to talk some sense into him.

Bruce Campbell. The man’s just awesome and funny. I’d just like to spend a day with him.

Johnny Depp. What wouldn’t I want to do with him?

Victor Mature. If I could travel back in time to when he was alive, I’d just like to sit down and talk with him. From what I’ve read about him, he seems to have been a pretty cool guy with no illusions about what he was in Hollywood. I’d also love to hear any stories he had to tell about the movies he starred in and just that era of Hollywood in general.

Russell Crowe. I’d like to spend a day on the set with him, so that I could watch him at his craft and in person.

Name the movie you hate the most.

I don’t know that there is a most hated movie but one that comes to mind is The Ninth Gate. It was so incredibly boring and I had the whole thing figured out very quickly – which is rare for me since I tend to be a little slow on the uptake sometimes. Oh and there was something about the way Johnny Depp looked in that movie that reminded me of my father. Huge turnoff. HUGE.

Name the oldest movie you've seen.

The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

Name the newest movie you've seen.

Julie & Julia

What is your favorite movie genre?

Children’s animation.

Who is your favorite action star?

I’m not a big fan of action, but I’d probably have to go with Bruce Willis, if only for nostalgic reasons. I grew up with the Die Hard series and we used to watch them every Christmas. How’s that for a family tradition?

What is your favorite decade of movies?

Probably the 1990’s. It seems to contain a higher number of favorite films than any other decade.

What is your favorite movie for each genre . . .

Horror?
Bubba Ho-Tep (it’s more of a comedy, I know, but I’m not an horror fan, so…)

Sci-fi?
WALL·E

Suspense Thriller?
Se7en

Comedy?
The Big Lebowski

Action?
The Boondock Saints

Drama?
Quills

Musicals?
Chicago

Westerns?
3:10 to Yuma

Martial Arts?
Brotherhood of the Wolf

War?
Casualties Of War

Mrs. Darcy 08-08-09 12:31 AM

Re: Hotseat! Grill a MoFo: Miss Vicky

Any bad habits?

Tell me how you came to live in Vacaville.

Have you taken writing classes or do you just go for it?

Miss Vicky 08-08-09 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Mrs. Darcy (Post 555396)
Any bad habits?
Plenty.
I'm lazy and am a bit of a slob.
I curse like a sailor.
I'm too honest with people at times and am not always tactful about it.
I exercise too little and eat too much.

Tell me how you came to live in Vacaville.
I've never lived anywhere else. I live quite the boring life, which is probably why I like movies so much.

Have you taken writing classes or do you just go for it?
I took creative writing classes in both junior high and high school, but I found that I really can't stand them. It's hard to be creative when you're having to fit your work into a certain set of standards. But mostly, I don't deal well with deadlines, hence why it's taken me nearly ten years (so far) to write one novel. So, in other words, I just kind of go for it.

downthesun 08-08-09 03:45 AM

Have you been looking for a publisher for your book since you turned down the first offer?

Which 3:10 to Yuma do you like, the new one or the original?

What kind of work do you do?

Did Orlando Bloom's appearances in LOTR and Pirates of the Carribean effect your views on the movies?

Favourite animated movie?

Favourite crime film?

Favourite documentary?

Favourite TV mini-series?

Miss Vicky 08-08-09 04:24 AM

Have you been looking for a publisher for your book since you turned down the first offer?

No, I have not. I've mainly been focusing on lengthening and improving the book. I'd still like to add another 10,000 words or so before I try to shop it around again.

Which 3:10 to Yuma do you like, the new one or the original?

The new one. I watched the original, but I just couldn't get into it. I especially did not like the way they ended it. I detest arbitrary happy endings. I felt the ending used in the new one worked much better. Plus Russell Crowe and Ben Foster were mesmerizing in it. The actors in the original film... not so much.

What kind of work do you do?

I work as a receptionist (and sort of unofficial bookkeeper) at a veterinary hospital. I've been at my current job for four years now, but have worked at two other facilities before that. It's really very frustrating work, but the office is close to home, I get medical and dental insurance, and discounts on care for my menagerie so it'll do for now.

Did Orlando Bloom's appearances in LOTR and Pirates of the Carribean effect your views on the movies?

I don't think it affected my view on Lord Of The Rings. I think I would have hated that trilogy just as much without him. As for Pirates, I can't say it really affected my views on the movies as such, but I certainly hate his character (same goes for Troy). I swear that boy is only capable of two facial expressions: confused and constipated.

Favourite animated movie?

Ratatouille. It is just the ultimate combination of things I love. Not only is it children's animation, it's Pixar animation. The animators at Pixar are IMO the masters of their craft. They put so much love and work into their films and Ratatouille is no exception. It is such a colorful movie - both literally, in the incredibly detailed and lush palette of the film, and in terms of its crazy characters.

And it is about a rat. I love rats. I've always loved rats. I currently have two pet rats and have had 18 others before them.

Favourite crime film?

The Departed. I initially saw this movie only because my mother wanted to see it and my father never goes to the theater. I really didn't expect to like it (and the fact that it stars not one but THREE actors that I do not like - Mark Wahlberg, Alec Baldwin, and Matt Damon - didn't help matters). But I was blown away by it.

Favourite documentary?

I've seen only a handful of documentaries, so there's not much range to choose from. But of those I've seen, I'm going to go with The Celluloid Closet.

Favourite TV mini-series?

That's a tough one. I don't watch many mini-series (or really much TV at all) but I think I'll go with I, Claudius - though it's really quite long, so I'm not sure it fits the definition of "mini" series.

tramp 08-08-09 05:48 PM

You hate the LOTR Trilogy? Can you tell me why?

And just a note: That's rather exciting about your novel. I hope you have success with it. And Russell Crowe rules. Let's both get on a set with him and watch him act. ;)

Miss Vicky 08-08-09 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by tramp (Post 555639)
You hate the LOTR Trilogy? Can you tell me why?

And just a note: That's rather exciting about your novel. I hope you have success with it. And Russell Crowe rules. Let's both get on a set with him and watch him act. ;)
First of all, I don't like fantasy in general. I have issues with suspension of disbelief (I generally dislike Science Fiction, Musicals and Horror for the same reason as well). But, besides being Fantasy, the LOTR movies are too slowly paced, too long, I can't connect with any of the characters and quite frankly some of them flat-out annoy me.

eMilee 08-08-09 06:10 PM

1. since you want to meet joaquin phoenix, what would you say too him? be blunt...

Miss Vicky 08-08-09 06:31 PM

1) I'm concerned that he is likely abusing drugs and/or alcohol and that he may be on the same self-destructive path that took River's life.

2) I'd say that I hope he isn't truly serious about his rap career because there is clearly no future in it.

3) I'd tell him that his antics have ruined his reputation as a truly gifted actor and even if he really doesn't want to go back to that career, he shouldn't ruin what would otherwise become a stellar legacy.

SoulInside 08-19-09 05:30 AM

What is your favorite book?

Don`t you think Joaquin do some kind of joke?

What is the name of your novel? If you don`t wanna tell it, you can also tell the working title.

Fan-Trivia: How often do the three guys in The Big Lebowski play bowling in the whole movie?

n3wt 08-19-09 08:44 AM

If you could erase one film from your mind that you have seen what would it be?

If you could erase one film, sequel or trilogy from the face of the earth what would it be?

If you could create a 5 man team from any superhero, killer, horror creature or vilian who would they be and what would they do?

Miss Vicky 08-19-09 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by SoulInside (Post 559401)
What is your favorite book?
That's a tough one. I don't really do much reading as it's a rare occasion that I find something that gets and holds my interest. But some favorites have been The Screwed Up Life Of Charlie the Second and If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B Movie Actor.

Don`t you think Joaquin do some kind of joke?
I hope it's a joke, but he seemed to be on a bit of a downward spiral before this whole rap thing started.

What is the name of your novel? If you don`t wanna tell it, you can also tell the working title.
Erratic Circles

Fan-Trivia: How often do the three guys in The Big Lebowski play bowling in the whole movie?
Oh crap... I don't know. Five?

N3wt: I'm running out of time this morning. I'll answer your questions when I get home from work this evening.

n3wt 08-19-09 02:17 PM

Ok np :)

Miss Vicky 08-20-09 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by n3wt (Post 559431)
If you could erase one film from your mind that you have seen what would it be?
Blood Gnome

If you could erase one film, sequel or trilogy from the face of the earth what would it be?
I know it doesn't quite fit your parameters, but the Harry Potter series just needs to be gone.

If you could create a 5 man team from any superhero, killer, horror creature or vilian who would they be and what would they do?
After the day I had yesterday, I'm not in a "let's save the world" kind of mood, so:

John Doe - I like his creativity
Buddy Pine/Syndrome - he's got the money and the cool gadgets
Zodiac - gotta give some love to the local boy
Fenton Meiks - because he can get away with it

This dude: http://www.yourprops.com/norm-487d4d...om+(1984).jpeg

Their mission: wipe out the people on my $hit list.

SoulInside 08-20-09 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 559461)
Oh crap... I don't know. Five?

According to wiki and my memory: Zero. Not one single time. :D

TheGirlWhoHadAllTheLuck_ 11-30-09 03:25 PM

Where's your username from?

Miss Vicky 12-01-09 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by TheGirlWhoHadAllTheLuck_ (Post 586034)
Where's your username from?
It's an inside joke between myself and a former manager of mine.

I work as a receptionist at a veterinary office, so a big part of my job is answering the phone. Well, my normal speaking voice is... a little gruff. So, to counteract that, I try to smile and soften my voice when I answer the phone. Apparently, the resulting effect - so I've been told by my former manager, by friends and by clients of the office - is that I sound like a phone sex operator or late night DJ.

So my manager (who is a woman, btw), told me that if I wanted to make some extra cash, I should start my own 900 number and call myself Miss Vicky. Anytime she would call the office and I'd answer, she'd always ask how much it is per minute.

Anyway, when I joined my first messageboard, I couldn't come up with a username that was appropriate to the subject of that board and not already taken. So I used Miss Vicky and, for the sake of simplicity, I've used it as my name on every forum I've joined since then.

For the record, though, I hate the name Vicky. It's Victoria, please.

honeykid 12-01-09 03:58 AM

I can't believe I hadn't asked you any questions, MV. :eek:

Why do you like Victor Mature films and when did you start to watch them?

What's your highest bowling score?

Who's your favourite Angel in Charlie's Angels? (both tv and film)

What's your favourite non-animated tv programme?

When you see one shoe in the middle of the road, do you wonder how it got there?

If you could have any meal right now, what would it be?

Daytime or nighttime?

The Beatles or The Stones?

If you could be anyone for a day, who would you be and why?

If you could make a law, that had to be enforced, what would it be?

Favourite word?

If you could bring back on tv programme, which would it be?

mack 12-01-09 01:41 PM

I just wanna know if its really "Miss, Mrs. or Ms." do share. :D

Miss Vicky 12-02-09 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by honeykid (Post 586151)
I can't believe I hadn't asked you any questions, MV. :eek:
I know, I'm shocked too.

Why do you like Victor Mature films and when did you start to watch them?

I started watching them back in high school (circa 1995), when I happened to catch Demetrius and the Gladiators on television. Between the absolute cheese of Mature's performance and the total of camp of Jay Robinson's, I was cracking up. After that, anytime I'd come across his (rather unique) mug in any movie on TV, I'd watch it in hopes of getting the same sort of amusement. And, with The Robe, Samson and Delilah and The Egyptian, he definitely did not disappoint.

And that's really what I love about his films. Most of them are not what anybody would consider genuinely good movies, but they are entertaining because they are so bad.

What's your highest bowling score?

Couldn't say. I'm lucky if I break 100. Sure I'll get a spare or a strike every now and again, but there are lots of gutterballs in between.

Who's your favourite Angel in Charlie's Angels? (both tv and film)

I honestly have never watched any of it. The whole premise doesn't appeal to me. Besides, in much of my TV and movie watching, I'm very shallow. I like my eye candy. And those girls just don't do it for me.

What's your favourite non-animated tv programme?

All-time favorite: Blackadder
Currently Running: The Big Bang Theory

When you see one shoe in the middle of the road, do you wonder how it got there?

Yes, I do. I mean, WTF? How does that even happen?

If you could have any meal right now, what would it be?

I'm craving steak. I nice big juicy steak with some mashed potatoes and steamed veggies.

Daytime or nighttime?

Night.

The Beatles or The Stones?

This is a tough question. When you compare them as bands, I prefer The Stones. But if you take into consideration all the solo projects the members of The Beatles have done, I have to go with them. I've never been a Beatles fan, but I love John Lennon's music, Paul McCartney's music and even quite a bit of Ringo Starr's. As for George Harrison, he was a Traveling Wilbury and there's nothing cooler than that.

If you could be anyone for a day, who would you be and why?

I want to be anyone on the Pixar team. I don't think that one needs explanation.

If you could make a law, that had to be enforced, what would it be?

That people would have to pass a competency test before being allowed to reproduce or own pets.

Favourite word?

Well, the word I've been using most often these days cannot be repeated on these family-friendly forums. But otherwise it's probably "scurry."
My least favorite word is "spatula."

If you could bring back on tv programme, which would it be?

The obvious choice is Blackadder. There were rumors of a reunion (set in the 1960's) a few years back but nothing came to fruition. I suppose that as long as House, M.D. is on the air, a full blown Blackadder series is out of the question anyway.

My second choice would be Night Court.

Originally Posted by mack (Post 586294)
I just wanna know if its really "Miss, Mrs. or Ms." do share. :D
It's Miss. :)

honeykid 12-02-09 08:49 PM

Thanks honey. :)

Rumours of a new Blackadder pop up from time to time, mainly because one of them will get an idea for a new series and ring up one of the others (usually Curtis, Atkinson or Elton by the sounds of it) and discuss it. But, as you said, it never happens and, IMO, it's probably for the best.

What do you like so much about The Big Bang Theory?

Miss Vicky 12-03-09 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by honeykid (Post 586526)
What do you like so much about The Big Bang Theory?
In a word: Sheldon.

The character Sheldon Cooper is absolutely hilarious. He has zero social skills and zero tact and always says whatever he's thinking. In some ways, he reminds me of me and in other ways he reminds me of how I'd like to be.

But the obsessive nature and general social awkwardness of all of the characters is also something I can relate to. Not to mention the fact that I've had something of a crush on Johnny Galecki (who plays Leonard) since his days on Roseanne.

honeykid 12-03-09 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 586580)
In a word: Sheldon.
From the few episodes I've seen, that's what I figured. He's a bit like Stewie in Family Guy, in as much as I don't really see the appeal of the programme as a whole, but totally understand that people love that one character because, IMO, that's where all the laughs come from.

Funkyterrance 12-13-10 02:18 AM

Oh my goodness.... did you say something was boring about a Polanski film? .... choke... He's a genius. And I don't say that about many directors, believe me. His movies are not made, they are crafted. The Ninth Gate, while was not his best movie (its up there though) is amazingly tight considering his age. Most famous directors his age who do anything are washed up and should just throw in the towel instead of embarassing themselves, fueled by ego. The Ninth Gate has so many layers and is so artfully done that I can't really put it into words. The ending is painfully beautiful. Please for the sake of film, give it another try.

Sincerely,
Terrance

Miss Vicky 12-13-10 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by Funkyterrance (Post 701431)
Oh my goodness.... did you say something was boring about a Polanski film? .... choke... He's a genius.
I generally pay little attention to directors, though looking at his resume, I can't say I've seen enough of his work to form a real opinion. Actually, the only other of his films I recall having seen was Death and the Maiden. I didn't care for that one either.

The Ninth Gate has so many layers and is so artfully done that I can't really put it into words. The ending is painfully beautiful. Please for the sake of film, give it another try.
The movie was painfully boring. I don't foresee putting myself through that torture again anytime soon. Or ever. For the sake of my sanity.

genesis_pig 12-13-10 10:14 AM

Ninth Gate was an average film & yes, painfully boring to watch.

honeykid 12-13-10 03:10 PM

I'd recommend Chinatown to everyone and anyone. It's a magnificent film. Apart from that, I like Bitter Moon, Frantic (I know no one else seems to like it) and Macbeth.

I saw Rosemary's Baby again a month or so ago and, while I certainly liked it more than before, it's still a pretty nothing film. OK to watch, but little else, IMO. Knife In Water and Repulsion are also high up on his canon.

beelzebubbles 12-13-10 05:12 PM

Miss Vicky what are the names of your pet rats both past and present?

Miss Vicky 12-14-10 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by beelzebubbles (Post 701539)
Miss Vicky what are the names of your pet rats both past and present?
Present:

Jelly Belly
Baby Ruth

Past:

Snickerdoodle
Dots
Goobers
Cyclops
Stella
Gucci
Moonie
Jolly Roger
Monte
Harvey
Caesar
Waldo
Hando II
Sid 6.7
Archie
Hando
Gordon
Curious George
Simon
Monkey
Templeton

honeykid 12-14-10 12:09 PM

Why was one called Sid "6.7"?

Miss Vicky 12-14-10 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by honeykid (Post 701685)
Why was one called Sid "6.7"?
It's the name of Russell Crowe's character in the movie Virtuosity. I named several pets after Crowe characters. Hando is his character from Romper Stomper. I also had a mouse named Cort (The Quick and the Dead) and a goldfish named Maximus.

honeykid 12-15-10 08:21 PM

Are you looking forward to Christmas?
Do you go out for New Year?
Do you like throwing parties?
Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?

Miss Vicky 12-15-10 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by honeykid (Post 702142)
Are you looking forward to Christmas?
Do you go out for New Year?
Do you like throwing parties?
Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?

I'm not looking forward to it this year, actually. I usually love Christmas. I love putting up my tree and decorating it. I love to find gifts for people and wrap them up all pretty and see their reactions, but this year finances and lack of ideas have really put a damper on things. My Christmas shopping is finally finished, I just have to wait for a few last items to arrive. I normally would've finished ages ago (I usually start in October) but that whole lack of money and lack of ideas thing got in the way.

Being pretty much antisocial, I generally avoid gatherings of more than 3-4 people unless there's some really compelling reason for me to deal with more than that (like for a concert, the Renaissance Faire, etc.) so no parties. New Year's is generally spent at home or with 1 or 2 close friends. Nothing too wild though, since I have a hypersensitivity to alcohol and can't handle more than 1 or 2 drinks.

The Sci-Fi Slob 01-11-14 03:44 PM

What's your biggest fear?

Have you ever had suicidal thoughts?

Have you ever been institutionalized?

Which shampoo do you use?

Do you have or have had any other pets beside your rats?

Are you married?

Which is your favorite restaurant?

Have you ever been to England or Europe?

Miss Vicky 01-11-14 06:05 PM

Grand scheme of things: dying alone. Every day fears: heights (though I love roller coasters), large parrots, aggressive dogs.

Have you ever had suicidal thoughts?

Yes, though more of a general "My life sucks I should end it" or "Maybe the world would be better without me" kind of thoughts. I've never come up with an actual plan or really seriously considered it, though.

Have you ever been institutionalized?

No.

Which shampoo do you use?

Matrix Total Results volumizing shampoo.

Do you have or have had any other pets beside your rats?

Oh yeah. My current menagerie includes the three rats Lolli (tan and white), Link (black and white) and Stoney (black).

http://www.angelfire.com/music6/walt...aytimetrio.jpg

A 12 year old cat named Tiny Tim
http://www.angelfire.com/music6/walt.../santatiny.jpg

A 1.5 year old cat named Jasper
http://www.angelfire.com/music6/walt...asperbelly.jpg

An oriental firebelly toad named Peridot
http://www.angelfire.com/music6/walt...os/newtoad.jpg

and three planted aquariums: A 3 gallon that houses a male betta named Esca; a 2.5 gallon that houses a female betta named Aurora, a ramshorn snail named Fuzzy, and an unknown number of Malaysian trumpet snails; and a 10 gallon that houses 9 unnamed neon tetras, an unknown number of red cherry shrimp and an assassin snail named Leon. I don't seem to have any decent pics of my tanks though.

When I was a kid, my family had a golden retriever, though I've not had a dog since. I have also had budgies, mice, hermit crabs, a Russian tortoise and various species of freshwater fish and invertabrates.

Are you married?

No. I've also never been with anybody I'd want to marry and I'm not sure marriage is something I really want for myself. Commited relationship? Yes. Actual marriage? I don't know.

Which is your favorite restaurant?

Tahoe Joe's, though anywhere I can get a good steak is fine by me. I'm also fond of Chinese, Mexican, Thai, and Indian foods.

Have you ever been to England or Europe?

No, though one day I'd like to go to Italy and see the Roman ruins.

Sexy Celebrity 01-11-14 06:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 1015584)

Grand scheme of things: dying alone. Every day fears: heights (though I love roller coasters), large parrots, aggressive dogs.
What?! Large parrots are an everyday fear?

Who's afraid of large parrots?!

They usually talk and are very amusing.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...1&d=1389478623

And they're colorful and pretty.

Roller coasters -- they scare me to death. I can understand being afraid of them. But large parrots? You'd rather ride the scariest roller coaster than be surrounded by large parrots?

The Sci-Fi Slob 01-11-14 06:20 PM

You're very frank, Vicky. From this information you have provided me by answering a few simple questions, I see a vague picture of an interesting person I'll probably never meet, hence life. :)

Miss Vicky 01-11-14 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1015594)

You'd rather ride the scariest roller coaster than be surrounded by large parrots?
Hell yeah. Parrots can be really aggressive and their beaks are amazingly powerful. Rollercoasters are fun.

Sexy Celebrity 01-11-14 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by The Sci-Fi Slob (Post 1015597)
You're very frank, Vicky.
Are you smitten with her? You sound like Hannibal Lecter interviewing Clarice about her past when you're all like, "you're very frank."

The Sci-Fi Slob 01-11-14 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1015601)
Are you smitten with her? You sound like Hannibal Lecter interviewing Clarice about her past when you're all like, "you're very frank."

Must you always steal my thunder!:mad:

Sexy Celebrity 01-11-14 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 1015598)
Hell yeah. Parrots can be really aggressive and their beaks are amazingly powerful. Rollercoasters are fun.
Used to have a picture somewhere of me with parrots all around me, on my shoulders, arms, etc. I think I even once posted it to this site. I don't know if I still have it anymore, in any form.

Miss Vicky 01-11-14 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1015603)
Used to have a picture somewhere of me with parrots all around me, on my shoulders, arms, etc. I think I even once posted it to this site. I don't know if I still have it anymore, in any form.
Sounds like a nightmare to me. I used to like parrots when I was a kid, but having dealt with them at work has shown me their true colors, so to speak. I also have a friend who has parrots and hers scare me too.

Sexy Celebrity 01-11-14 06:32 PM

I know they can be ******** because when I was a kid, we had one. It was a female green parrot -- small one -- and that thing never liked me. It would fly at me and try to attack me. Mom thought it was probably because the bird had lived most of its life (it was an old parrot) with a woman who lived alone and the bird probably didn't like kids (the bird was comfortable with my mother). That thing used to hiss at me and go nuts trying to get me, but sometimes it would sit on my shoulder (and poop, the damn thing).

It was like Tacitus in bird form.

The Sci-Fi Slob 01-11-14 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity (Post 1015608)
I know they can be ******** because when I was a kid, we had one. It was a female green parrot -- small one -- and that thing never liked me. It would fly at me and try to attack me. Mom thought it was probably because the bird had lived most of its life (it was an old parrot) with a woman who lived alone and the bird probably didn't like kids (the bird was comfortable with my mother). That thing used to hiss at me and go nuts trying to get me, but sometimes it would sit on my shoulder (and poop, the damn thing).
So, you don't only upset people but birds as well, and a disruptive influence on this forum, I may have to change my vote..:D

Sexy Celebrity 01-11-14 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by The Sci-Fi Slob (Post 1015615)
So, you don't only upset people but birds as well, and a disruptive influence on this forum, I may have to change my vote..:D
Quiet, Hannibal, or I'll take away your drawings.

honeykid 01-12-14 10:02 AM

Parrots are evil. I'm not scared of them, but they're vicious bastards.

Miss Vicky 03-04-14 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 555316)

Bruce Campbell. The man’s just awesome and funny. I’d just like to spend a day with him.
Just thought I'd share that this part is going to change. Not going to spend the day with him, obviously, but my friend is taking me to the Sacramento Comic Con this Saturday and bought me the Bruce Campbell VIP Experience. :D

Swan 03-04-14 11:19 AM

Tell him I said QUACK!

Yoda 03-04-14 11:26 AM

Every time someone mentions Bruce Campbell I get sad because my old man interviewed him years ago and they had an awesome conversation about independent filmmaking and the industry in general, and I can't find the recording of it anywhere.

Miss Vicky 03-04-14 11:31 AM

Sorry to hear that, Yods. Would love to be able to listen to it.

Miss Vicky 03-04-14 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 1049209)
Tell him I said QUACK!
Yeah, sure. I can see it now. "Hello, Mr. Campbell. I'm thrilled to meet you. Oh, btw, Swan says Quack."

honeykid 03-04-14 12:08 PM

Do swans say "Quack"?

Swan 03-04-14 12:11 PM

They honk, but no one knows that.

honeykid 03-04-14 12:34 PM

I thought it was something like that. They always sound more like geese than ducks.

Sexy Celebrity 03-07-14 12:47 AM

I saw Bruce Campbell in person before back in 2002 at a horror movie convention. He and several of the actresses from The Evil Dead spoke about the movie and they even acted out scenes from it. I sat near him and watched. I wish I could say it was the time of my life, but since I'm not an Evil Dead fan, it was just... interesting and fun without being particularly mind-blowing. I could have went up to him and got his autograph, but again, since Evil Dead doesn't mean much to me, I didn't. I cared more about meeting other actors... but he was attractive and I could have went up to him for that. Another guy I was with, who was gay, used that reason alone to go meet him.

So, when you see Bruce Campbell this weekend, know that Sexy Celebrity was once in close proximity to him years ago.

Sir Toose 01-03-15 12:59 AM

What's the 'bitchiest' thing you've done lately?

Zotis 01-03-15 01:00 AM

When and why did Gladiator cease to be you're favorite movie? :)

Miss Vicky 01-03-15 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by Sir Toose (Post 1231158)
What's the 'bitchiest' thing you've done lately?
That's a tough call. I do bitchy things all the time. I made a coworker cry not that long ago, but it wasn't really on purpose. I'm not sorry it happened though.

Originally Posted by Zotis (Post 1231159)
When and why did Gladiator cease to be you're favorite movie? :)
Circa May 9, 2001. That's when, according to my Amazon.com purchase history, I blind bought Quills on DVD. It actually arrived a few days after that, but I'm pretty sure I watched it right away when it was delivered. The performances in the film blew me away immediately and the story and dark humor are right up my alley. Also, Joaquin Phoenix is really sexy in Quills and not so much in Gladiator. I had no idea who he was when I first saw Gladiator, but I distinctly remember thinking "It's a shame that dude is so damn creepy because he's really talented."

I do still love Gladiator very much and it's a very close second on my list of favorites. It's the movie I've seen most times in the theater (5) and the movie I've bought the most copies of - VHS (which I gave away after my VCR broke), standard release DVD, Extended Edition DVD and, purchased just a few days ago, BluRay. I also used to have a novel of it that was adapted from the film, but I think that got donated at some point or loaned out and not returned.

Zotis 01-03-15 03:36 AM

I had Gladiator on VHS back when it first came out. I liked it at the time and watched it several times, but it was never a favorite of mine and I don't enjoy watching it anymore. It's too over the top for me, but then again it's been like ten years since I watched it. I don't even really know how I feel about it anymore. It's probably my least liked Ridley Scott film. It's also the favorite film of one of my closest friends.

Also, that is hilarious that you made a coworker cry. I made a coworker cry once. We were having a really intense discussion about philosophy and religion and I didn't even realise how harsh I was being. The coworker was actually somewhat of a friend, we hung out a few times outside of work, so I really wasn't trying to be mean to her. That was quite a while ago though, like 8 years. In the past 2 years I significantly contributed to two volunteers quitting because I was just too critical and intense about my own personal beliefs. I was talking about doing the most passionate thing I could think of with my life, and that was why I could never pursue a "normal" career like being an electrician. The guy, who was an electrician, took it very personally even though I was talking about only myself and it was a hypothetical example. Well I didn't even get a chance to apologize because he just never came back. Another time I was getting way too intense about how people limit themselves. We were talking about Anime. So this guy watched Naruto and I was trying to convince him to watch Akira, but he just had no interest in watching it without even knowing anything about it. I mean he had only "heard of it" before. But yeah... I have had problems like that in the past where I get way too worked up about the things I'm passionate about. If you remember some of those stupid Anime arguments I was involved in while the MoFo Top 100 Animated Films were still in the early stages of discussion. I think I've managed to curb it though. I've been getting along with everyone and not rubbing people the wrong way since my return. At least I hope so... :p

Hmm... well here's a follow up question...

Why do you think people here label you as a "bitch?" Do you agree? You seem to have embraced it, how do you feel about it?

((P.S. please don't take any offense at these questions. If I was a bit too blunt I apologise. I'm just curious that's all.))

Miss Vicky 01-03-15 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Zotis (Post 1231248)
I had Gladiator on VHS back when it first came out. I liked it at the time and watched it several times, but it was never a favorite of mine and I don't enjoy watching it anymore. It's too over the top for me, but then again it's been like ten years since I watched it. I don't even really know how I feel about it anymore. It's probably my least liked Ridley Scott film. It's also the favorite film of one of my closest friends.
My least liked Ridley Scott film is A Good Year. Absolutely horrible.

I guess Gladiator is a little "over the top," but I every time I watch it, I still get thrilled by the battles scenes and moved to tears by the ending. I don't think I'll ever stop loving it. Also, if you look at my favorite films, "over the top" could be applied to many of them.

Also, that is hilarious that you made a coworker cry.
Well, I didn't really make her cry, I just made her cry more. The manager had unwisely asked me to show this particular person how to do the end of day procedures - close out the credit card terminal, count the cashbox and log the cash, etc. It's common knowledge in the office that I don't like this particular person. At all. You see, I have this apparently radical notion that employees should show up for work as scheduled, get there on time, and do their jobs. She has other ideas of what a good work ethic means. I also have this radical notion that anybody who works in a veterinary hospital should be able to use common sense and also be able to compute simple math.

Long story sort of short, when it was time to deal with the cashbox and deposit, instead of you know, counting the cash or asking for help, she sat there and cried. When I discovered what was happening, I tried to explain to her what to do. I started by saying "It's really simple" (which it is, the cash log has a chart with a column to write down the quantity of each type of bill or coin and a second column to write down the value of each) and her immediate response was to snap at me "Maybe it's simple for you, but I'm really bad at math."

#1. She hadn't actually done any math yet. She hadn't counted a single bill or coin at that point.
#2. The only actual math required is addition, subtraction and multiplication. Basic grade school level math.
#3. She was holding a calculator in her hand as she was sitting there crying.

Anyway, I gritted my teeth and explained to her what to do. Then I stepped out of the room and vented about the situation to the other employee that I'd been talking to earlier. I also expressed my concern that the one I don't like has aspirations to become a licensed tech - something that requires the ability to calculate doses of medication, which if done incorrectly may cause serious adverse effects depending on the drug - and that she really had no business being employed there at all (for the record, she's been there 7 or 8 months now, so she not really a new hire anymore). She overheard what I said, which got her more upset.

Now, I didn't exactly censor myself when I vented and the other employee and I had some laughs at her expense, which admittedly is unprofessional, but I was too irritated to care at that point.

But yeah, I don't feel any remorse about the situation.

Why do you think people here label you as a "bitch?" Do you agree? You seem to have embraced it, how do you feel about it?
I think it's mostly because I'm bluntly honest about my opinions. I don't have a very good filter when it comes to holding back negative thoughts or wording things in ways to soften the blow. I do enjoy a good fight now and then, am slow to forgive, and have a tendency to fixate on certain issues, so that all ties into the "bitch" thing. Also, the labeling isn't just here. I've been labeled a bitch my whole adult life. I suppose I am a bitch, but I think there's often at least some justification to my bitchiness. So I wear it with pride, which takes some stress off of me and also takes power away from those who would try to insult me with the word.

Zotis 01-03-15 05:32 AM

I had a hard time figuring you out at first. But I think I feel comfortable now. Well thanks for the story. That whole situation is just too funny. It reminds me of a story of my own.

My mom is the manager of a uniform store, and I worked for her every now and then over the years. But I do not envy her for the morons she has to work with on a daily basis. This one girl pulled out the calculator to figure out what 10% off $11 was. I just looked her dead in the eyes and said, "Are you serious? You need a calculator?" Then I took out a piece of paper and taught her in a very condescending manner right in front of the customer.

Here was the diagram I wrote:

x.10
-----
-----

"Zero times one is zero, and zero times one is zero, and one times one is one, and one times one is one. Zero plus zero is zero, and zero plus one is one, and one plus nothing is one. That makes 110, and there's two decimal points so that gives you one dollar and ten cents which when subtracted from eleven dollars equals nine dollars and ninety cents. You do not need a calculator to multiply 1x1 or add 1+1 do you?"

You should have seen the scowl on our other coworker's face. And I didn't even get in trouble for insulting her so much in front of the other employee and a customer. My mom was actually annoyed that she needed to use the calculator for such basic math. In hindsight I would never do something that mean intentionally. I don't know what came over me, but I was just so boggled by how stupid it was to pull out a calculator for something so simple. I mean I took the complicated route just to stress how stupid it was because you're really only adding and multiplying by 1's and 0's. The even easier route is you just move the decimal place over one when dividing by ten. 11x.10 is the same as 11 divided by 10. Another funny element was the fact that the customer wasn't phased by how I insulted my coworker in front of her, she actually offered another simple way to do it and I could tell she was annoyed by how stupid my coworker was.

I'm actually a very polite and kind person, and I'm pretty scrawny. So it always surprises me when someone actually gets intimidated or stressed out by me like that. I'm more aggressive on the internet, but I've been trying to curb that.

Miss Vicky 01-03-15 05:41 AM

Yeah, that's pretty sad.

But I think this is worse: One morning I went to count the cashbox and the sum that I came up with did not match what was supposed to have been left in the box the previous night. It was over by a few cents.

So I reviewed the log entry from the previous day. Very quickly I noticed where the error had come from. The person that had counted the box the previous night had written in the log that there was $8.16 worth of quarters in the box.

Eight dollars and sixteen cents in quarters. :facepalm:

When I showed it to the person who had done end of day the previous night, her response was "That's what the calculator said."

Sexy Celebrity 01-03-15 05:44 AM

Oh, Lord. I see a love nest being built. Miss Vicky and Zotis are a match made in Heaven.

Zotis 01-03-15 07:03 AM

Okay, that story takes the cake. Sometimes I just don't know if I'm glad or angry that there are so many stupid people. On one hand they provide constant amusement, but on the other hand they can cause serious damage.

And SC... just lol.

honeykid 01-09-15 12:00 AM

Have you ever skinned an animal?
Have you run something over and taken it home to eat?
Have you been stung by a jellyfish?
Do you have anything at home which you made at school?
Have you saved someone's life?
Can you see yourself ever liking a film more than Quills?
Who would you like to play you in a film version of your life?
Were you good at maths at school?
Was there a job/career your family really wanted you to be in/part of?
Ever pretended a banana was a gun?

Miss Vicky 01-09-15 12:16 AM

Have you ever skinned an animal?
No. I'd probably get nauseated and vomit everywhere if I tried it. Or I'd bawl my eyes out. Or both.

Have you run something over and taken it home to eat?
I've never run over an animal and I certainly don't eat roadkill.

Have you been stung by a jellyfish?
No. To my knowledge, the closest I've come to a jellyfish was looking at the ones on display at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I'm a pretty poor swimmer, so I stay out of the ocean. I also had a scary incident on a beach in Santa Cruz when I was little where I nearly got pulled under by the current and my grandma had to pull me out, so I reserve swimming for backyard pools and the occasional lake.

Do you have anything at home which you made at school?
There might still be some homemade Christmas ornaments or something somewhere, but most of that stuff got trashed years ago.

Have you saved someone's life?
No.

Can you see yourself ever liking a film more than Quills?
Sure, if something truly exceptional comes along, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Who would you like to play you in a film version of your life?
Christina Ricci

Were you good at maths at school?
No. English was always my strongest subject.

Was there a job/career your family really wanted you to be in/part of?
No. When I was little my mother would tell me that when I grew up I should marry a rich old man so that when he died I could have his money. :laugh:

Ever pretended a banana was a gun?
Not that I can remember. I usually just played with squirt guns or homemade rubber band guns instead.

honeykid 01-09-15 04:20 AM

Do you ever report spammers?
Have you ever taken something from a skip or the side of the road and taken it home?
Would you have any cosmetic surgery?
Have you ever organised a treasure hunt?
When was the last time you wrote a letter?
Do you like flying?
Do you prefer milk or dark chocolate?

Miss Vicky 01-09-15 11:18 AM

Do you ever report spammers?
All the time.

Have you ever taken something from a skip or the side of the road and taken it home?

Several times, yes. Once was a small American flag that someone just ditched on the sidewalk. It seemed wrong to leave it there to get stepped on or kicked. The other times I picked up cash that people had dropped.

Would you have any cosmetic surgery?
I suppose I might consider some lipo if I were filthy rich, but probably would just hire a cook and a personal trainer instead.

Have you ever organised a treasure hunt?
No. I'm not fan of them, either.

When was the last time you wrote a letter?
Several years ago. I came across some old papers and one of them had the address of a guy I used to talk to all the time in the AOL chatrooms when I was in high school. I figured he probably didn't have his old AOL email anymore (do they even still exist?) so I wrote him a letter. It was actually his parents' address, but they forwarded it to him and he and I got back in contact for a little while. We've lost touch again since then, though.

Do you like flying?
I hate flying. I hate airports. I hate travel by car, too. I like being at whatever destination I'm going to, but getting there and getting back sucks. I'm going to Las Vegas for a few days in March and I'm not looking forward to the actual trip.

Do you prefer milk or dark chocolate?
Milk chocolate all the way. I'll only eat dark chocolate if it's a filled candy or chocolate covered nuts, but as the main ingredient? No way.

honeykid 01-10-15 05:45 AM

Can you speak another language?
Do you see any point in 'made up' languages (Klingon, Elvish, etc)?
Have you ever used your voice for evil?
Would you use/wear google glasses?
What was the best present you can remember getting?
If you could chose a period of American history to've lived in, what would it be and why?
Have you ever won a competition?
Is there something specific you don't like/trust in someone? For example, my Granddad never trusted men with brown shoes.

Miss Vicky 01-10-15 11:32 AM

Can you speak another language?
No. I can understand a little bit of Spanish (I took a few classes in school and have worked for a Mexican for almost 10 years) but can't speak it.

Do you see any point in 'made up' languages (Klingon, Elvish, etc)?
Not at all.

Have you ever used your voice for evil?
Not unless yelling obscenities at people counts.

Would you use/wear google glasses?
Hell no.

What was the best present you can remember getting?
This guy:
http://www.angelfire.com/music6/walt.../goobclose.jpg

His name was Goobers and he was one of the sweetest rats I've ever known. I miss him terribly.

Technically my older cat, Tiny, was also a gift - but I didn't want another cat at the time and it took me at least a year to become emotionally attached to him. He was a sickly kitten who'd been from a colony of semi-feral barn cats, so he wasn't the sweet and playful companion that most kittens are. I wouldn't give him up for the world now, though.

If you could chose a period of American history to've lived in, what would it be and why?
The 1970s. I'd have loved to see my favorite musicians in their heyday.

Have you ever won a competition?
I was part of the winning team in a few competitions for Odyssey of the Mind which was for GATE (gifted and talented education) students. I was in the GATE program for a few years in elementary school. The competitions we did involved designing and building a structure out of balsa wood and then seeing how much weight it could hold. One year, we also had to script and act out a skit to go with it.

I've also won two online pet photo competitions. The first was with the photo of Goobers I posted for the "best present" question. The second was with this photo of the same rat:

http://www.angelfire.com/music6/walt...asgoobers4.jpg

Is there something specific you don't like/trust in someone? For example, my Granddad never trusted men with brown shoes.
I don't trust a man who doesn't like cats, does that count?

honeykid 01-10-15 11:54 AM

Yep, that counts. Luckily I like cats, so we're still cool. :)

Have you ever shaved someone else?
Have you had to get rid of something you've collected because you didn't have the room for it?
When you see the words "fancy dress" on an invite, does your heart soar or sink?
Do you find clouds interesting?
Is there a name which always makes you laugh?
Have you ever milked an animal?
Would you say you have green fingers?
Have you ever had a sticker album?
Did you ever sneak into a cinema?

Miss Vicky 01-10-15 12:34 PM

Have you ever shaved someone else?
No.

Have you had to get rid of something you've collected because you didn't have the room for it?
No, but I've boxed stuff up and shoved it in a closet due to no room. I may be facing getting rid of some movies to make room for more, though.

When you see the words "fancy dress" on an invite, does your heart soar or sink?
Those words have never appeared on an invite I've received. Americans don't say "fancy dress" they say "costume." ;)

Anyway, nearly all the themed/costume parties I've attended were costume optional and for the one that wasn't my costume was provided by the hostess. So my heart does neither, really. I don't stress it.

Do you find clouds interesting?
I did when I was a kid. These days I rarely look up at the sky. When I'm out walking it's usually along the trail that runs by my house and there's lots of wildlife to look at that are far more interesting than some puffs of water vapor in the sky.

Is there a name which always makes you laugh?
Ezekiel. Also Dick.

Have you ever milked an animal?
I milked a goat once. I was in the Girl Scouts for a few years when I was a kid and we took a trip out to a farm.

Would you say you have green fingers?
The only plants I can keep alive are the ones in my aquariums because they don't require watering.

Have you ever had a sticker album?
Nope. I loved stickers but never kept an album. I stuck them to my bedroom door or to the headboard on my bed, much to my parents' dismay.

Did you ever sneak into a cinema?
No. I've always paid for a ticket. I'm a bitch, but I'm an honest bitch.

honeykid 01-10-15 12:48 PM

For some reason, when I was typing out the milking question, I thought "I bet she's milked a goat". No idea why.

Did you/do you not have sticker albums out there? Y'know, Panini and stuff like that? I remember getting Fox & The Hound, ET, Back To The Future, Gremlinsm Smash Hits, Return Of The Jedi and god know what else. Countless football albums.

http://retromash.com/nash/wp-content...01-960x619.jpg
http://retromash.com/nash/wp-content...kerAlbum05.jpg

Miss Vicky 01-10-15 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by honeykid (Post 1235302)
Did you/do you not have sticker albums out there? Y'know, Panini and stuff like that? I remember getting Fox & The Hound, ET, Back To The Future, Gremlinsm Smash Hits, Return Of The Jedi and god know what else. Countless football albums.

http://retromash.com/nash/wp-content...01-960x619.jpg
http://retromash.com/nash/wp-content...kerAlbum05.jpg
Did those come with like a sheet of stickers that you were supposed to put in the album? I think I may have had Care Bear and Popples albums, but I still stuck the stickers to other things instead.

honeykid 01-10-15 12:56 PM

Over here they come in packs. There's usually 5 stickers in a pack and you buy the album for the stickers. Each has a number on it and you put it in the corresponding frame. For example, that picture of the mum spraying the Gremlin is four stickers, each a quarter of the picture.

Miss Vicky 01-10-15 12:57 PM

Yeah, pretty sure I had something like that, but again I preferred to put my stickers were I could see them all the time.

seanc 01-10-15 01:00 PM

I remember those HK, not well enough to remember what ones I had though. I was into baseball cards at that age. Went through a Garbage Pail Kid stage as well. You remember those?

honeykid 01-10-15 01:03 PM

I remember the Garbage Pail Kids sticker album. :D I didn't have it because I hated those things. I've still got all my albums somewhere.

Sexy Celebrity 01-10-15 01:22 PM

A decade ago, I had a Nightmare on Elm Street sticker album. I got it at Hot Topic.

honeykid 01-10-15 01:50 PM

That's cool. I'd have liked that. Sticker albums are/were for kids over here.

Miss Vicky 01-10-15 02:19 PM

I had a few of the Garbage Pail kids cards, but no album to put the stickers in. They got stuck on my door with all the others.

gbgoodies 01-11-15 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 1235355)
I had a few of the Garbage Pail kids cards, but no album to put the stickers in. They got stuck on my door with all the others.

I have a few uncut sheets of Garbage Pail Kids cards up in the attic. I bought them very cheap at a show hoping that someday they might be worth something, but I doubt it.

Sir Toose 07-14-17 11:58 PM

Does the rain in Spain fall mainly on the plain?

Why do you dislike Harry Potter?

Why have I never asked you a question?

Miss Vicky 07-15-17 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Sir Toose (Post 1736371)
Does the rain in Spain fall mainly on the plain?
Sure.

Why do you dislike Harry Potter?
Mostly because it's fantasy. Aside from the obvious exception of animated movies, I tend not to like anything that requires a lot of suspension of disbelief - which is a big reason why I also generally dislike Science Fiction and musicals. I like to watch people acting like people and doing so in familiar situations.

The only reason why I've even seen any of the Harry Potter movies is because friends wanted to see them. I haven't read any of the books in their entirety, but my first job was working as a substitute instructional assistant in special ed classes and I worked with one particular kid for several weeks. He was reading The Prisoner of Azkaban at the time and I had to help him with it. Hated every word. Also didn't like the kid so the there's also that negative association to consider. :laugh:

Why have I never asked you a question?
Maybe you were afraid of the answer?