Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Reviews (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Connor Macgregor Reviews Thread (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=24131)

MovieMad16 11-08-10 06:37 AM

Connor Macgregor Reviews Thread

I would like to start posting some of my reviews on this site in order to share my opinion of films. So i`ll start posting with maybe 2 a day and if people respond in a positive manner , i`ll do more. I did these reviews for years so it will be copy & paste really lol.

Without questions , here we go.

MovieMad16 11-08-10 06:38 AM

http://www.signis.net/malone/img/wik...ark_poster.jpg

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Jurassic Park

Before I go ahead and watch The Lost World (and review it),i want to give my thoughts out to quite simply one of the most gifted and spectacular films ever to be thrown onto the screen...Jurassic Park.

Based on The Michael Crichton novel (god rest his soul) Jurassic Park is about A very old but wealthy entrepreneur who leases an island from the government and sets about a top secret project for years.As it nears completion,he invites a bunch of experts who some are Scientists , Kids and a lawyer who plans to threaten to shut the island down.They are blown away by the mere sight of dinosaurs...yes real life dinosaurs.But then as expected trouble starts to brew and soon it is a fight for survival.

I don't know why I loved this movie so much. Maybe it was the utter amazement when I first saw the Brachiosaurus eat from a tree. Or maybe it was my adrenaline rushing when two 12 year old were attacked by velociraptors. It might possibly be the chills that went down my spine when the T-Rex first made his terrifying roar. Whatever it was, it made me write this review.

Directed by Steven Speilberg quite possibly the greatest film director alive today , Jurassic Park was a film worth sitting down and watching right through to the end.There is nothing bad to say about this film apart from asking to see "More Dinosaurs".But i guess from beginning to end it gave us many dinosaurs to shout,scream and cry throughout.The acting was also remarkable and you can tell that some actors may have got their big break with this film.

The plot is very original and with special effects as great as this , it is clear that this film will always and I mean always have a close place in my love for films.As i said before the acting is tremendous and the star of the show has to go to someone who out their heart and soul into the entire picture,in fact I would go as far to say that this person carried the entire picture...The T Rex.I mean come on didn`t it deliver.Oh and Sam Neil also did impressive in the film too.

In Conclusion if anyone hasn`t seen Jurassic Park...you are a fool for not seeing it.Simply one of the greatest films out there.I highly and i mean highly recommend it.

Grades

100 % = A+

nebbit 11-08-10 07:30 AM

Re: Connor Macgregor Reviews...Thread.

Loved the movie :yup: but not sure that I enjoyed the acting as much as you :nope:

MovieMad16 11-08-10 07:32 AM

The acting was great. Jeff Goldblum is one of those actors who i just love regardless of what he is in. Sam Neil i also love too.

nebbit 11-08-10 07:38 AM

I am a big fan Of Sam also but not his greatest hour :nope: just my opinion :goof:

MovieMad16 11-08-10 07:40 AM

its kwl.

MovieMad16 11-08-10 07:43 AM

http://onemovieaday.com.br/wp-conten...assic-Park.jpg

Connor Macgregor Reviews...The Lost World:Jurassic Park

After just watching The Lost World,i felt that i enjoyed this a lot more.Jurassic Park was a good memorable film.I am also wishing that The Lost World shares in that success.

After a small girl is attacked by a small group of compsognathus, Ian Malcolm discovers that there is a second island full of a variety of dinosaurs. Dr. John Hammond decides to send four adventure to monitor the dinosaur's lifestyle before INGEN move forward in controlling the island. Ian Malcolm doesn't like the idea and wants to contact the other three members, but before he can contact them, he finds out that his girlfriend, Sarah Harding is already on the island. Now, what was supposed to be a natural viewing of the incredible creatures in their habitats, has turned into a rescue mission with everyone's life at danger.

I don`t understand all the horrible reviews for this film.Sure not a classic film but a great film none of the less.It contains the same stuff JP did and it was still enjoyable viewing.It contained a new fresh cast which was good to see because I didn`t want to see the same surviving cast battle more dinosaurs it would feel like Part 2 but no with this new cast i felt that this was a proper well done sequel.

Spielberg directs another good hit once again but i feel he did some of the same that he did last time.The directing didn`t ruin it but i feel he just rationed some proposed shots of JP and threw them into Lost World. The story was of course well done.Instead of them going back there is Site B where the dinosaurs roam free and stuff.Got to give credit to Michael Crichton & David Koepp because without these two Lost World would just be another cheap lame sequel along with the rest of the crap we see.

Star of the film...Despite going through San Diego and having that great Trailer scene,I am NOT giving it to the T-Rex this time.This time I am throwing a bone to Jeff Goldblum who was the star of the show as he was suppose to be.However credit must be given to Pete Postlethwaite & Vince Vaughn. Those two shone as much did Goldblum.

In Conclusion LW may not be better than JP but it is still a very good film to watch.I also recommend this too.Oh and one more thing i have to credit to the score for The Lost World.I really enjoyed it more than Jurassic Park.Well just as Jurassic Park.

Grade

87% - A-

MovieMad16 11-08-10 09:17 AM

http://blog.80millionmoviesfree.com/...ood-Prince.jpg
Connor Macgregor Reviews...Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince

Ah boy how i love my Harry Potter.The past 5 films have been almost top notch.The First film was very good and so was the second (although i didn`t like the plot,but it did tell Voldermort`s past). The Third film is my favourite and the fourth film was done really well.Fifth was too short but the ending was good fun to watch.The sixth....is really good.

In the sixth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft, and in both wizard and muggle worlds Lord Volemort and his henchmen are increasingly active. With vacancies to fill at Hogwarts, Professor Dumbledor persuades Horace Slughorn, back from retirement to become the potions teacher, while Professor Snape receives long awaited news. Harry Potter, together with Dumbledore, must face treacherous tasks to defeat his evil nemesis.

After watching it,i was throughly enjoyed.Everything was pretty much picture perfect,no problems,no glitches and no editing out.However two problems.1 is the burrow scene which wasn`t in the book and geeky fans are complaining.I don`t know what this will do to the 7th story but who knows.It was ok but i wish there was more duelling because in this film there wasn`t much of it.2nd Problem was the ending which i would like to call "The Unhappy Event".The book version of "The Unhappy Event" contained a massive duel and a funeral after.In the film there was just a short duel and them mourning over the dead body.It was powerful stuff but i felt like they could have done more.That is really all i have to say on problems.The rest was gold.The focus on the teens and evolving into manhood was very well done.You can tell where things will go in the 7th film.

Directing was better than 5.It wasn`t bad in 5 but i felt that all the magic in 5 was gone.David Yates kind of got the spark back in 6 but not enough.The most magical directing was either 1 or 3.Yates is a good director who has directed many good films but when he directed 5 i felt he was draining the magic out of Harry Potter.With this film he kind of got the magic back.

The story and writing was pretty much what i expected.The ending was of course bad,but Daivid Yates wants to "Not confuse viewers with another "Upcoming Battle"".But the writing was good and the story went well in pace.The person who writes the screenplay has wrote all 5 films and i felt this was maybe his 3rd best work.

Star Of The Film goes to Michael Gambon who plays Dumbledore.He got more airtime and he delivered better.There is one scene where you can tell he is gay.But he does deliver a serious performance.And the climax is also a great bit of acting for him.Alan Rickman i also have to give credit because he did well and of course Tom Felton,he was very good.

In Conclusion Half Blood Prince isn`t the best but it does deserve to bed Highest Grossing Film of the year.I might even see it again to help it out.

Grades

78% - B+ - A Very Good Film.

MovieMad16 11-08-10 12:19 PM

http://thefilmstage.com/wp-content/u...r-fullsize.jpg

Connor Macgregor Reviews...The Taking Of Pelham 123

Travolta Vs Washington...At first i didn`t fancy seeing this film because it would be the same old action film where one film star is a goodie and the other is a baddie so i put it off.But seeing that it was a friday and i didn`t have anything else to do i decided to see it.And boy was i wrong about this film.

The story is Denzil Washington playing a MTA Dispatcher who is ongoing investigation on taking a bribe.He then is thrown in a scenario when a bunch of Crooks take control of a subway train and ask for 10 million dollars for the lives of the passengers.It then turns into one thrilling ride of chasing,shooting and suspence which leaves Denzil Washington and John Travolta fighting for their lives.

My thoughts on the film were as follows.I haven`t seen the original Taking Of Pelham 123 and i don`t plan to.After walking out of the cinema i was satisfied with the end result.It wasn`t that noisy as i thought it would be,but still loud.They do take it too far with the stunts a bit but it is pretty hardcore with what they do.Acting is also pretty decent to watch as well.

Directing was a bit dodgy in it.There was a lot of circles in the film where it feels like Denzil Washington is going round in circles.Tony Scott is a decent director and i think he did a pretty ok job with this film but there were some flaws with it.It was a bit shaky as predicted because a lot of directors like to use shaky shots these days.However Overall Tony Scott did do a good job directing this film.

Writing and story was ok but i felt that they could have improved a lot.You had a character that could have been developed way into the film,but really they cast him to the side.I am talking about the guy with the computer with the sexy girlfriend on it.As well as that the girlfriend could have also had more screentime.So that was disapointing.It was also focused on Denzil & John,they didn`t go into the other characters and tell a bit about their stories.

Star Of The Film has to go to John Travolta.I felt his performance was dead serious but i wish he would stop saying Mother****er because he kept saying that word ON AND ON AND ON AND ON.IT WAS LIKE YOU SHUT YOUR MOTHER****ING ASS UP MOTHER****ER.Denzil is also good in this and the guy from The Sopranos and the guy from Transformers(who plays the same role he played in Transformers although it is less comedic).
In conclusion its a good film so go see it if you like good action.

Grade

66% - B - A Good Film.

MovieMad16 11-08-10 12:58 PM

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2008/06/1...ster-craig.jpg

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Defiance

Defiance wasn`t really a film i was expecting to be quite close to my heart...but boy it is and it is quite possibly one of my favourite films of 2009.Yeah it was out in January 2009.

After the Nazi invasion of Poland in September 1939, the Bielski brothers escape the slaughter and hide in the woods. Soon they are joined by many others, all running from the savagery being inflicted on the Jews. The eldest of the Bielski brother, Tuvia and Zus, disagree over what to do with the growing forest population. Tuvye believes that they must welcome anyone who wants to join them while Zus thinks they should be fighting the Germans. After a major falling out, Zus joins the local Russian partisans - with whom the Bielskis had already completed an informal truce - and Tuvia continues stays with their forest community.

After leaving the cinema these and i am not joking were my first words after the first film "I haven`t been impressed by a film since The Dark Knight" and i wasn`t joking.This film was heart-warming,powerful and informative at the same time.It tells a very sad but hopeful story about how 3 brothers are thrown together in a physical and emotional battle of survival.You can feel the emotion inside these characters and you want them to survive,you want them to overcome the odds and have a hopeful ending of their lives.This film really does make you learn and feel for these struggling characters in a race for a new happy life outside the darkness and bowels of Nazi Germany.

The directing is pretty good and i do like some of the sequences that Edward Zwick directed.He also does very good action sequences too as well as powerful emotional scenes with Daniel Craig and Liev Schreiber.
Now of course this is based on a real story so this isn`t some fictional war film.The story is powerful and once again im saying emotional.The script is very well written with many clever words and the use of Judaism in the script.It never leaves the screen and that is a good thing.

Star of the film goes to Daniel Craig but Liev was close behind.I however wished Jamie Bell got a bigger part,he needs more screen time and i think he could have had a big opportunity in this film to get more time on the screen.

In Conclusion Defiance is one of the best war films i have seen in years.Its up their with all the great war films like The Great Escape and Saving Private Ryan.

76% - B+ - A Very Good Film

genesis_pig 11-08-10 01:51 PM

Good reviews.
I have to agree on Goldblum, he's just about awesome in anything.
But in Jurassic Park he probably plays my least favourite role of his, but all that changes with Lost World.

MovieMad16 11-08-10 01:55 PM

Thanks

I like Goldblum in both. Probably more in LW because he has starring billing. LW is just as good as the first. Its darker and a more exciting plot me thinks.

I`ll keep more reviews coming.

MovieMad16 11-08-10 02:18 PM

http://www.posters-n-prints.com/zoom...vie-poster.jpg

Connor Macgregor Reviews...The Matrix

I have only seen The Matrix once and that was when i was about 10 or 11 and i had seen Matrix 2 first. I found Matrix 1 to be boring and drone on. But now i am 16 and with much more useful knowledge i am going to review it properly.

So if you haven`t worked out the plot by now here it is in all its glory. Thomas A. Anderson is a man living two lives. By day he is an average computer programmer and by night a malevolent hacker known as Neo. Neo has always questioned his reality but the truth is far beyond his imagination. Neo finds himself targeted by the police when he is contacted by Morpheus, a legendary computer hacker branded a terrorist by the government. Morpheus awakens Neo to the real world, a ravaged wasteland where most of humanity have been captured by a race of machines which live off of their body heat and imprison their minds within an artificial reality known as the Matrix. As a rebel against the machines, Neo must return to the Matrix and confront the agents, super powerful computer programs devoted to snuffing out Neo and the entire human rebellion.

So as story and plot goes it is really cyberpunky and futuristic like. When i was watching it i felt like The Matrix was a Cyberpunk film with everyone wearing shades and leather jackets. It felt really futuristic. Nevertheless the plot was really good and kept me really on the edge of my seat. The Characters each had a different personality and fit into the story well.

Acting. Really well done. Keanu Reeves does his "Hi I`m Keanu Reeves" acting by standing,staring and blinking and people just go up and admire him like artwork. Lawrence Fishburne is ace as Morpheus and one of the best bad asses i have seen on the screen in a while. The others are mediocre but the star of the show goes to Hugo Weaving as Agent Smith. I love Smith as a baddie. Just his personality and prescence on screen was a complete stand out from the crowd.

The action sequences were also original and impressive to watch,especially the final scene between Agent Smith and Neo. If you haven`t seen the sequels then they have more in the future. The slow motion stuff is also well shot and well documented into the film. The Special Effects gave the film a personality in my eyes like no other film did before.

Overall what can i say. I enjoyed The Matrix now and i will certainly get my teeth into Matrix 2 and Matrix 3 (Which i haven`t seen yet...except the ending)

Overall Rating - 67% - B

MovieMad16 11-08-10 04:08 PM

http://blogs.e-rockford.com/movieman...ded-poster.jpg

Connor Macgregor Reviews...The Matrix Reloaded

If you thought that The Matrix was good than The Matrix Reloaded was maybe twice as better. Better action,story and felt better to watch as a fan.

6 months after the events depicted in The Matrix, Neo has proved to be a good omen for the free humans, as more and more humans are being freed from the matrix and brought to Zion, the one and only stronghold of the Resistance. Neo himself has discovered his superpowers including super speed, ability to see the codes of the things inside the matrix and a certain degree of pre-cognition. But a nasty piece of news hits the human resistance: 250,000 machine sentinels are digging to Zion and would reach them in 72 hours. As Zion prepares for the ultimate war, Neo, Morpheus and Trinity are advised by the Oracle to find the Keymaker who would help them reach the Source. Meanwhile Neo's recurrent dreams depicting Trinity's death have got him worried and as if it was not enough, Agent Smith has somehow escaped deletion, has become more powerful than before and has fixed Neo as his next target.

The good things about this film are firstly the action sequences.Now that Neo is "The One" and has adjusted to his new abilities,his fighting is a lot more exciting to watch.This film contains possibly the best fight scene in cinematic history.Neo Vs The Smiths.Sure some of it is special effects and CGI but still it is a kick ass fight from start to finish.Also the story is a lot more exciting than One.The first film was more of setting the world up and exploring Neo`s destiny to become "The One".The second film focuses more on the surrounding characters and introduces new characters.
The bad things.Keanu Reeve`s acting still is quite wooden and i thought his performance in One had more emotion than this one.

However star of the film once again goes to Hugo Weaving as Agent Smith.I just love his character.So menacing and yet so amusing at times when he creates a new "Me".

So IN MY OPINION i think Matrix 2 is better than Matrix 1 because of story,action sequences and character development.Haven`t seen Matrix 3 so i will get that up tomorrow.

Overall Rating - 73% - B+

MovieMad16 11-08-10 06:58 PM

http://www.traileraddict.com/content...evolutions.jpg

Connor Macgregor Reviews...The Matrix Revolutions

So as I wrap up my shocking and controversial review of The Matrix Trilogy,i would just like to say i have no regrets over my last review and no regrets over this review.

Neo discovers that somehow he is able to use his powers into the real world too and that his mind can be freed from his body, as a result of which he finds himself trapped on a train station between the Matrix and the Real World. Meanwhile, Zion is preparing for the oncoming war with the machines with very little chances of survival. Neo's associates set out to free him from The Merovingian since it's believed that he is the One who will end the war between humans and the machines. What they do not know is that there is a threat from a third party, someone who has plans to destroy both the worlds.

So after just finishing the film off i can say that i enjoyed this as equally as Matrix 1. I say that because The story was wonderful.It wrapped up the story it introduced in 1 and 2 with a somewhat satisfying conclusion.Some may say the ending was anticlimatic.Ok it was rushed but not anticlimatic.We understood what happened and what apparantly was going to happen next.They could make a Matrix 4 but why bother.I think it ended pretty well off and needs not to continue.

The battle between The Machines And The Humans needs mentioning because i did enjoy the fight until maybe the bit when Commander Lock bit the bullet.That was when i got bored and wanted back to Neo/Trinity.Never the less it was great to see Zion again and see that long awaited fight we had been waiting for.

Speaking of long awaited fights,I was let down by Smith & Neo`s final battle.I wish they would quit with the effects (Which now look like a PS3 Cut Scene) and do more action hand to hand combat.That was a weekness of the film.Barely any Fighting besides the Last Fight at the end which was as I said a let down.

Star of the film i am once again throwing to Hugo Weaving.His screen time i must think was decreased in this film and yet he still is the shiny coin in the bag.

So overall a good conclusion to a great Science Fiction Trilogy.I aint going to say which is my favourite because of ....you know.But i enjoyed watching this trilogy and if i ever want to i will happily watch it again.

Overall Rating - 72% = B+

MovieMad16 11-09-10 03:42 PM

http://filmonic.com/wp-content/uploa...ans-poster.jpg

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Clash Of The Titans (2010)

Right ok so i really wasn`t thrilled to see this because i just wasn`t bothered really,i had other things to occupy myself with.But i eventually got bored and decided to go see Clash Of The Titans and well...it was better than i had epected.

"The Clash of the Titans" is set in the Greek city of Argos where a war is about to explode between man and the gods. Perseus (Sam Worthington) raised as a fisherman, but is actually a demi-god. Perseus is the son of Zeus (Liam Neeson) who is about to take on the gods after the death of his family. Zeus' brother Hades (Ralph Fiennes) was the one who killed his family, and Perseus wants to kill him. However, it is Perseus's destiny to rescue the city of Argos from the ruthless rage of Hades and his Kraken monster. With nothing to lose, Perseus leads a band of soldiers on a quest to defeat the Kraken. In doing this, Perseus will prevent Hades from overthrowing Zeus and in turn destroying mankind.

Now the opening was one of the worst ever.I was bored as much as when i went to see "Disaster Movie". Only the film managed to pick up paste and get into a comfortable swing.The plot moved in a steady paste and it got somewhat exciting although not too exciting.Some of the acting was wooden including Sam Worthington.He just didn`t try hard.He just threw on a skirt and kept saying "I`m A MAN".The other characters were just extra parts to keep the flow going i guess.

The CGI effects weren`t that brilliant.We had seen it all before and this film just had CGI sequence after CGI sequence after CGI sequence.It got old although i will say that the final scene with the Kraken was quite cool.Also i couldn`t help but crack up whenever "Argos" was mentioned.If you don`t like in The United Kingdom then you might not get it,but i couldn`t keep a straight face when "Argos" was mentioned.

Overall this film was littered with CGI sequences but was somewhat enjoyable in cases.Star of the film would have to be the person playing the skull creature thing riding the scorpions,he was cool.

Rating - 46% - C+

genesis_pig 11-09-10 03:46 PM

By "Paste", I am guessing you mean "Pace", right?

I too enjoyed the film to some extent, but it can't beat the original.
It tries too hard to be a CGI action film, ignoring the adventurous spirit of the first film.

kcmovieman 11-09-10 04:35 PM

This was definately a movie I did not enjoy. I never saw the first one to compare it to, but I think you definately hit on all the "bad" spots of the movie. Poor acting, poor plot, poor special effects, and to date, the worst 3D movie yet! It looked less like 3D and more like seeing double on the screen. I expected that in this age of CGI and design that they could make a phenomenal movie with all the stories of the Greek/Roman gods, but this one definately fell short for me!

MovieMad16 11-09-10 04:36 PM

http://www.realbollywood.com/news/up...s/11127167.jpg

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Planet Of The Apes (1968 Version)

I remember seeing the 2001 remake and don`t remember much of it...but i decided to check out the 1968 original to see how good this film really is.And boy i wasn`t dissapointed.

(From IMDB) - In the year 3978A.D. a spaceship with a crew of 4 crashes down on a distant planet. One of the crew members had died in space and the other 3 head out to explore the planet. They soon learn that the planet is much like their own. They then find the planet is inhabited by intelligent apes. One of the men is shot and killed and the others are taken to the apes' city. There, one undergoes brain surgery and is put into a state of living death. The other befriends some of the apes but is feared by most. After being put through ape trial he escapes with a female human native to the planet. After helping his ape friends escape a religious heresy trial he escapes out into the wilderness with the female. There he learns the planet might not be so distant after all...

Now this film is DARK...VERY DARK...WELL QUITE DARK.The story is very good and isvery enjoyable.The characters are splendid in this even Nova who never speaks in the film (don`t tell me if she does in the next one...and yes i know what happens in 2). Charlton Heston is great as Taylor as he is thrown into this unknown world in which he knows nothing about.He is separated from his two other friends and he is left to fight on his own.

I won`t spoil the ending for it is simply so surprising...i knew the ending but watching the film for the first time gave me more of a shock than i thought i would know.It leaves open some sort of a story for the sequel...which i will review tommorow or watch tommorow and post it later.

Overall i enjoyed the first film.Dark story,great characters,incredible action sequences and a surprising climax.

Rating - 81% - A-

MovieMad16 11-09-10 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by kcmovieman (Post 693288)
This was definately a movie I did not enjoy. I never saw the first one to compare it to, but I think you definately hit on all the "bad" spots of the movie. Poor acting, poor plot, poor special effects, and to date, the worst 3D movie yet! It looked less like 3D and more like seeing double on the screen. I expected that in this age of CGI and design that they could make a phenomenal movie with all the stories of the Greek/Roman gods, but this one definately fell short for me!
agreed. Awful Remake to a Classic Adventure film.

MovieMad16 11-10-10 11:43 AM

http://www.artoffilm101.com/mediac/4...nca-poster.jpg

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Casablanca

I have just finished watching Casablanca which has now become in my eyes, a true cinematic classic. The wonderful acting,story and location work really gave the film something magical that puts it in the group of Gone With The Wind and The Godfather

In the early years of World War II, the Moroccan city of Casablanca attracts people from all over. Many are transients trying to get out of Europe; a few are just trying to make a buck. Most of them -- gamblers and refugees, Nazis, resistance fighters, and plain old crooks -- find their way to Rick's Café Américain, a swank nightclub owned by American expatriate Rick Blaine (Humphrey Bogart). Though we learn later that Rick once harbored enough idealism to put himself at risk to fight facism, he's now embittered and cynical, professing to be neutral and detached: "I stick my neck out for nobody."

What i love about this film is Humphrey Bogart. His ability to put himself firmly in a role and believe in it is extraordinary. I think Rick Blaine is one of the most cool and charming characters on the screen. Ilsa is also a true beauty on the screen. You can really feel for the love between Rick & Ilsa and how they will die for each other if it became possible. But in the end, their love can conquer all only not together and that is one of the most touching scenes in cinema when they have their final conversation.

The ending stands out as one of the best in Cinema. That infamous final quote "Louis,I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship" summed up my love for this film and what it acheived now and then.
Casablanca is a true cinematic classic and must be watched by all people.

Rating - 100% - A+ - ***** Stars

MovieMad16 11-10-10 11:46 AM

http://www.movie-collection.com/uplo...fly-effect.jpg

Connor Macgregor Reviews...The Butterfly Effect

My dad told me how good this film was,so i went out and bought it. I have just finished watching it and MAN this film was just incredible from start to finish.

Evan Treborn (Ashton Kutcher), who suffered severe traumas as a boy (Logan Lerman) and a teenager (John Patrick Amedori), blacks out frequently, often at moments of high stress. While searching for an answer to heal his emotional wounds, he finds that when he reads from his adolescent journals, he travels back in time, and is able to essentially "redo" parts of his past, and thereby causing the blackouts he experienced as a child. There are consequences of his choices, however, that he then propagates back to the present; his alternate futures vary from frat boy to prisoner to amputee. As he continues to do this, he realizes that even though his intentions are good, the actions he takes have unintended consequences.

Ashton Kutcher acts his ASS off in this film. His performance is wonderful as he goes through these different timelines and has no idea what is going on. You feel for his character after everything he has gone through in the film and that you somehow know that it will not end well. Amy Smart is also great in this film and potrays different versions of Kayleigh from the nice sweet girlfriend of Evan too the whore that lost all care for everything.

The story is amazing and dark. The scene with the camcorder was quite disturbing. Child Molesting is so wrong and that film was just really difficult to get through and i must admit i cringed a bit. The acting of the father Eric Stoltz was just great in the role. I don`t think there has been as dark as The Butterfly Effect and for that i Recommend anyone who hasn`t seen this to pick it up because it is well worth the watch.

Rating - 84% = A- - **** Stars

MovieMad16 11-10-10 11:56 AM

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2009/10/1...ohn-poster.jpg

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Dear John

I just got back from seeing this film and NO i haven`t read the novel. I am judging this film by the film and the film only.

Special Forces Army Sergeant John Tyree (Channing Tatum) is home on a two-week leave from Germany. He meets Savannah Curtis (Amanda Seyfried) after he dives into the ocean to retrieve Savannah's purse that had fallen off the pier. John is smitten by Savannah and falls in love at first sight. Savannah is a college student at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She is on spring break and is helping build a house for Habitat for Humanity. John joins in with Savannah to help build the house. Along the way a budding romance occurs, and Savannah falls deeply in love with John. As she is about to go back to college, she promises to write John overseas during the next 12-months until he returns to her after completing his enlistment. Their love is put to the test when John reenlists after the 9/11 attack.

Now one of the things i enjoyed about this film is the performance of Channing Tatum and Amanda Seyfried. I wished that Channing could have been stronger in this film,but it was good enough for me to buy this relationship that develops in the film. Amanda Seyfried is the star of the film in my opinion. Her performance is very moving and you buy into her emotions. I also enjoyed Richard Jenkins`s performance as Bill Tyree who is John`s father. his relationship is broken and beyond repair maybe due to his disease. But Jenkins does give a beautiful performance in this film and one that should be looked at by many awards.

I think the story is great. Its sad and sort of poetic in a way. They are so far away from each other but then again with the letters they aren`t. I am glad that they use letters instead of phone calls or e-mails. It shows that letters are not old fashioned and that they are still used instead of e-mails. One other thing i liked is the music. Its beautiful and sad at the same time. It makes us feel the emotion that the characters are going through in the story.

Overall,Dear John was harshly torn by the critics but for me,i enjoyed it and i hope people give a second look at the film and give it a second thought over what it tells us.

Rating - 71% - B+ - ***.5 Stars

MovieMad16 11-10-10 11:59 AM

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2010/01/1...ster-paint.jpg

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Kick Ass

This has been talked about all over the world...whether it has been good or bad. I just went to see it today finally and Kick Ass..KICKS ASS.

Dave Lizewski is an unnoticed high school student and comic book fan with a few friends and who lives alone with his father. His life is not very difficult and his personal trials not that overwhelming. However, one day he makes the simple decision to become a super-hero even though he has no powers or training.

I thought this movie was great. The acting,the story and above all the fight sequences. Once again Screw the critcs (The ones that hate it anyway) because they need to sit down and just watch the film as a film not as a satire or some rubbish like that. I thought the characters in this film were dynamite. The girl who plays Hit Girl needs an oscar for that performance because despite the controversy,she can act. Nicolas Cage is also great but i wish they delved into his character more because i felt he was just a background character to the other characters in the film. The villian was also really good and his son was ok but could have acted a lot better than he should have.

The fight scenes fit the film perfectly. I know that there is a lot of blood and guts,but its a comic book film. Sometimes u are meant to do that stuff. It is just unrealistic when there isnt any blood from a film when someone gets shot or stabbed. One scene was very realistic when the guy first becomes Kick Ass and ends up in hospital. I wont tell you how but its done really well.

Overall its a fun film. I recommend it to anyone who hasnt seen it.

Rating - 83% - A- - **** Stars

MovieMad16 11-10-10 03:54 PM

http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/s...n-2-poster.jpg
Connor Macgregor Reviews...Iron Man 2

I was meant to do a Iron Man review along with this but sadly i haven`t gotten around with it. Sorry.

Six months after the end of the first movie, Tony Stark (Robert Downey, Jr.) has used his Iron Man armor to bring about a negotiated peace treaty between the major super powers of the world, and his immense popularity with the general public is only furthered when he fulfills his father's dream by opening the "Stark Expo", to showcase all the latest inventions that will benefit the world. Stark is, however, still vilified by the United States government, and Senator Stern (Gary Shandling) in particular, who demands that he hand his armor technology over for military application. Stark refuses, publicly shaming rival Justin Hammer (Sam Rockwell) in the process by highlighting his own failed attempts at recreating the technology. All is not well in Stark's life, however: he has discovered that the palladium in the arc reactor keeping his heart beating has begun to poison his body, slowly killing him, and all attempts to find a substitute element have failed. Slowly going off the rails as a consequence of what he believes to be his impending death, he appoints his former personal assistant Pepper Potts (Gwyneth Paltrow) CEO of Stark Industries, replacing her with Natalie Rushman (Scarlett Johansson).

The Story to this is quite weak. Honestly it is quite weak. The acting is good but the majority of the story is just Iron Man shooting robots and the villian of the film. Robert Downey Jr is still as good as he ever was, but the script needed a lot of improvement. Paltrow was just there. She had no story and that was a major dissapointment as Paltrow is a good actress. Don Cheadle as War Machine was better than the last person who played him (Forgot his name). Mickey Rourke in my eyes was a dissapointment and Sam Rockwell i have to say was great as the villian. Kyle may disagree with me here but i enjoyed his character.

Overall despite a dull story, Iron Man 2 was a bit better than Iron Man 1. Great acting and great special effects.

Rating - 65% - B - *** Stars

Sedai 11-10-10 04:33 PM

Good stuff - thanks for contributing to the site.

I like most of the stuff above, save The Butterfly Effect, which I found to be contrived and silly. To each their own, I guess.

Thanks for the reviews!

MovieMad16 11-10-10 05:15 PM

its no problem. More are coming...much more. This is one of the things i love about films. Voicing your own opinion and particular favourites and least favourites. And finding films you wouldn't normally find.

More are still coming.

nebbit 11-12-10 05:06 AM

LuDiNaToR 11-12-10 07:14 AM

good reviews, i didnt enjoy iron man 2 so it deffo wernt as good as the first for me.

MovieMad16 11-12-10 11:46 AM

more reviews coming up soon.

MovieMad16 11-12-10 12:24 PM

http://images.worldgallery.co.uk/i/p...Wind-19068.jpg

Connor Macgregor Review`s...Gone With The Wind.

There is no doubt in anyone`s mind that Gone With The Wind is one of the great cinematic classics of our time. Its powerful and emotional story of a young woman in a stage in which not just America,but herself changes. With praise all across the world,i managed to pick up the 5 disc edition and i must say...THIS TRULY IS ONE OF THE GREATEST FILMS EVER MADE.

The epic tale of a woman's life during one of the most tumultuous periods in America's history. From her young, innocent days on a feudalistic plantation to the war-torn streets of Atlanta; from her first love whom she has always desired to three husbands; from the utmost luxury to absolute starvation and poverty; from her innocence to her understanding and comprehension of life.

First of all...The acting is FANTASTIC. Vivien Leigh is at perfection as Scarlett O Hara. One minute you love her with all your heart, nex second you hate her and just want to slap her about like a rag doll. She truly is a wonderful creation of a character and like Michael Corleone, her transformation in the film is remarkable. Clark Gable i must say is a true cinematic icon. Not just of the infamous line, but the personality of Rhett Butler is so original and so magnificent that it remains one of the best characters ever created in film. Another actress i want to mention is Hattie McDaniel who plays Mammy. This character is also wonderful and no matter how grim and dark the situation is, she always helds her head high and lives through the moment. She is another true icon of cinema and maybe an underrated one.

The plot is amazing and Victor Fleming`s direction is so iconic and memorable that i don`t think no director of today could top his work. Victor could direct anything. Any genre with any actors at any time period and it could be considered to be a masterpiece. If it was rereleased in theaters across the world right now, it would gross higher than most of the films this year.

I also can`t forget to mention The Score. Its powerful,emotional,rich and iconic. It truely maybe the most iconic film score ever composed in history. I have it stuck in my head for so long now that i think the day i die,that will be the song playing in my head lol. Max Steiner may not be the greatest composer in film history, but he has the greatest film score in Cinema History.

Also those mortal words "Frankly my dear, i don`t give a damn". I love how Clark Gable says it. He just says it like he does not care about Scarlett anymore.

In Conclusion, If you haven`t seen Gone With The Wind...WHAT THE HELL GET OFF YOUR ASS AND GRAB A COPY. I have the 5 disc edition with extras like The Making Of...Documentry,The TV Movie finding the actress to play Scarlett O Hara (I might review that) and also something i truely admire...A Documentry entitled 1939:Hollywood`s Greatest year which in my mind it probably is.

Gone With The Wind is a true cinematic classic.

Rating - 100% - A+ - ***** Stars

LuDiNaToR 11-12-10 12:31 PM

whats on the 5 Discs.

MovieMad16 11-12-10 12:34 PM

The First 2 Discs are the film. The 3rd & 4th are extras of the film and The 5th contains 2 Amazing Documentries. Hollywood's Greatest Year about 1939 In The Cinema World. A DOcumentry about the making of GWTW and The TV Film The Scarlet O Hara Wars (I'll review that next).

MovieMad16 11-12-10 12:35 PM

Connor Macgregor Reviews...The Scarlett O`Hara Wars (TV Movie)

I didn`t know whether to put this in The Underrated Classics list or This. I chose this because this is a TV Movie and highly doubt to be a classic.

This is the story of how one of the famous movie roles was cast. The role of Scarlett O'Hara in Gone With the Wind. I`ll make this sort and i`ll start by saying that this is quite a good TV film. Yes its a TV Film and usually TV Films are cliche movies with typecast actors looking for a paycheck.

However this film is pretty good for what it is. I love some of the performances in this film,especially the performance of David O Selznick played by Tony Curtis. At one point i thought it was Larry Hagman. I loved the story,acting and the way it was all layed out. It made it look like the 1939 version of American Idol to find the next big star,only it was for Scarlett O Hara. I also loved the two con man who were conning women out of money or sex by saying they were scouting for Scarlett O Hara.

Overall i thought the film was a nice treat and really enjoyed it.

Rating - 70% - B

MovieMad16 11-12-10 04:43 PM

http://www.patuly.com/wp-content/upl...010-poster.jpg

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Robin Hood

Of all the bad press i was expecting a horrible film...but it aint that horrible.

Oscar winner Russell Crowe stars as the legendary figure known by generations as Robin Hood, whose exploits have endured in popular mythology and ignited the imagination of those who share his spirit of adventure and righteousness. In 13th century England, Robin and his band of marauders confront corruption in a local village and lead an uprising against the crown that will forever alter the balance of world power. And whether thief or hero, one man from humble beginnings will become an eternal symbol of freedom for his people.Robin Hood chronicles the life of an expert archer, previously interested only in self-preservation, from his service in King Richards army against the French. Upon Richards death, Robin travels to Nottingham, a town suffering from the corruption of a despotic sheriff and crippling taxation, where he falls for the spirited widow Lady Marian (Oscar winner Cate Blanchett), a woman skeptical of the identity and motivations of this crusader from the forest. Hoping to earn the hand of Maid Marian and salvage the village, Robin assembles a gang whose lethal mercenary skills are matched only by its appetite for life. Together, they begin preying on the indulgent upper class to correct injustices under the sheriff.With their country weakened from decades of war, embattled from the ineffective rule of the new king and vulnerable to insurgencies from within and threats from afar, Robin and his men heed a call to ever greater adventure. This unlikeliest of heroes and his allies set off to protect their country from slipping into bloody civil war and return glory to England once more.

Now this film itself is a decent attempt at The Robin Hood story. But they are a few noticeable problems. But i want to talk about the good things first. Firstly i thought the set design,the location,costumes etc were all well done. I had the feeling that i was in 12th Century England and that i was watching something set in Medievil times.

The bad things are this. Russell Crowe is not a good Robin Hood. His accent changes throughout the film and its noticeable. He does Austrailian,English,Irish even Scottish pops out at one point. Him and Cate Blanchett have NO chemistry whatsoever. It was very awkward seeing them together and trying to fall in love,but it just didn`t work. You can tell they were both offered the part without a screen test together. Next thing was that the battle at the end was rubbish. It was more like that street fight from Green Street between the two football gangs,except they put medievil armour and weaponary on them and made them fight on a beach.Mark Strong gives his usual "Mark Strong" performance in which he just glares at the screen menacenly. Granted he is a good actor, but he should do something different rather than the feirce villian with funny eyes.Oh and the directing is usual Ridley Scott directing.

Overall a solid attempt at Robin Hood,but nothing to write home about.

Rating - 66% - B

LuDiNaToR 11-12-10 04:46 PM

i enjoyed robin hood aswell.

MovieMad16 11-12-10 05:24 PM

its not brilliant but not what the critics and the majority of fans say about it. But i do agree Ridley Scott wasn't the director he once was.

MovieMad16 11-12-10 05:32 PM

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/k...et-of-nimh.jpg

Connor Macgregor Reviews...The Secret Of NIMH

Doug Walker (The Nostalgia Critic,Bum Reviews or Ask That Guy With The Glasses) Recommned this as the Top Underrated Nostalgia Animated Classic. I was then very tempted to see the film. So i bought it and have just finished watching it.

Mrs. Brisby (Frisby in the original book) is a very shy, timid, and lonely mouse widow whose family is threatened by a premature warm spell, prompting the farmer to start his mowing early, endangering the cinder block she and her family call home. Normally she would simply pack up their things and move to a new spot in the field, but her younger son Timothy is too ill to be moved, forcing her to seek another alternative before it's too late. With the push of her local confidante, the Shrew, and the aid of a clumsy, love lorn crow named Jeremy, she goes to see the Great Owl, who, upon learning that she is the widow of a mouse named Jonathan Brisby, advises her to seek the aid of the mysterious rats who live in the rosebush outside the farmer's house. There, Mrs. Brisby learns of her deceased husband's past, and the secret of these rats, the Rats of NIMH, who agree to move her home before they abandon their underground colony for Thorn Valley, but Mrs. Brisby herself is endangered by the evil machinations of Jenner, a power hungry rat who seeks to overthrow the rats' leader Nicodemus so as to keep the rats in their underground colony, and will go so far as to endanger Mrs. Brisby's children to achieve his goals. Only Justin, the rats' gallant, Errol Flynn like captain of the guard, stands between Jenner and Mrs. Brisby, who must call upon the same courage her husband had if she is to save her family.
I truely adore this movie from beginning to end. the hero of the story is not some tough action hero waving a sword around, its a mother who has lost her husband and could lose her son from an illness and is forced to go on this dark and terrifying journey alone and with no one to help her. The character is vulnerable and has to face dark creatures and discover secrets that not even humans have discovered.

I was quite surprised to discover what NIMH actually was. I won`t spoil it but if you haven`t seen it,then NIMH is quite a surprise. I think the villian isn`t that good though,but he is certainly dark and intimidating. I also like the bird character. He isn`t overplayed and certainly isn`t annoying. I also like The Justin character who is more brave but still very vulnerable to what he is facing.

The story is very easy to get stuck into with its delightful characters. This is truely a film you must check out. It is dark,fun and very entertaining. I give this a thumbs up to all animation fans who are looking for something new.

Rating - 81% - A-

nebbit 11-13-10 06:02 AM

Nice reviews :yup:

I didn't like Robin Hood :nope:

MovieMad16 11-13-10 10:26 AM

http://www.pixiepalace.com/bookblog/...ToOzPoster.jpg
Connor Macgregor Reviews...Return To Oz

Many people on here and other sites have praised Return To Oz, while critics have panned it. Never the less i bought it only for Ł5 and gave it a watch. Here is my thoughts.

It has been six months since Dorothy has returned to Kansas from Oz and she still cannot sleep. She has been going on about imaginary places and people so much that Aunt Em takes her to see a doctor. Dorothy promptly escapes from the mental hospital and wakes up in Oz where her favorite chicken can now talk. There she meets a whole new bunch of friends and they set off to rescue the Scarecrow from an evil Gnome King who has found her Ruby Slippers and has used them to lay waste to the Emerald city and take over Oz.

From the start of the film,i was hooked. I honestly think that this film is heeps better than the 1939 Original Musical and here is why. First of all,its dark and that is how the books were meant to be tooken as. I love the dark atmosphere as soon as Dorothy enters Oz. You can just tell by the time and way she was brought there that something isn`t right and that dark forces lurk in Oz. Second reason is that the characters are much more interesting. The villians are alot more scary especially The Nombe King. You couldn`t tell whether he was good or evil. I was also quite creeped with Princess Mombi and all of the heads.

I loved the story in the film. It was dark,scary and very engaging. I am unsure whether a kid could get into this. They may find the Pre Oz stuff boring and the rest of the film quite entertaining. But overall this is without a doubt a classic film. I highly HIGHLY recommend both Secret Of NIMH and Return to Oz together.

Rating - 81% - A-

MovieMad16 11-13-10 10:33 AM

http://www.movieposter.com/posters/a...n/38/MPW-19401

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Brazil

This is Doug Walker`s favourite film...if you don`t know Doug Walker is The Nostalgia Critic and one of my internet idols. So when he put Brazil number 1 of his favourite films,i had to buy it. I just finished watching it and here are my thoughts.

In a highly structured and bureaucratic state, the government has installed extreme and highly counterproductive measures for which to track down terrorists. A "bug" in the system mixes up the last name of a terrorist (Tuttle) and an innocent man (ironically enough Buttle). Thus, the wrong man (Buttle) is arrested and killed while Tuttle continues to roam free. Sam Lowry, an average man with a mother who "knows people", is assigned to investigate the error. At the same time, Jill layton, Buttle's neighbor, is trying to report the mistake to authorities. Due to the extremely inefficient bureaucracy, she finds the process to be very tedious. Meanwhile, Sam Lowry, who has been dreaming about Jill, gets sidetracked by his fantasies and ends up also being a victim of the counter productivity of the government.

Now the first thing i love about this film is the setting. It feels like a George Orwell just by looking at the locations and the set design of the place. You feel like you are in a new world. Every scene there is something new to look at which dazzles you with awe and wonder at this world that Terry Gilliam has created. Through his wonderful direction,he creates a sort of parrarell world in which life on that world is not right. The story is wonderful and leads you on a journey you yourself do not know which direction it is going. Jonathan Pryce creates this wonderful character that is stuck in this mess that he himself cannot unravel himself out of. Futhermore he is after this girl played by Kim Griest who he keeps seeing in his dreams.

I won`t spoil the ending for you but it just builds and builds and builds and then spills all over the place until you yourself are very confused. But then the very end the confusion is forgotton and you leave sastified with the film you watched.

Overall its a great film.Great characters,amazing story with lots of twist and set design so amazing that not many films could overcome. Brazil is a film you should pick up.

Rating - 79% - B+

MovieMad16 11-13-10 11:05 AM

http://www.movieposter.com/posters/a...n/42/MPW-21285
Connor Macgregor Reviews...Zodiac

I have never heard of the Zodiac Murders since this film. I thought i had figured the film out...but i was wrong and after finishing the film i was so pleased to have seen this film.

Robert Graysmith is a cartoonist who works for the San Francisco Chronicle. His quirky ways irritate Paul Avery, a reporter whose drinking gets in the way of doing his job. The two become friends thanks to a shared interest: the Zodiac killer. Graysmith steadily becomes obsessed with the case, as Avery's life spirals into drunken oblivion. Graysmith's amateur sleuthing puts him onto the path of David Toschi, a police inspector who has thus far failed to catch his man; Sherwood Morrill, a handwriting expert; Linda del Buono, a convict who knew one of the Zodiac's victims; and others. Graysmith's job, his wife and his children all become unimportant next to the one thing that really matters: catching the Zodiac.

This is quite possibly one of the best "Based On A True Story" Films in years. The characters are great in this film and you get into their emotion and fustration when they are trying to find the Zodiac Killer. Its hard to pick who the best performer is but i reckon i`ll go with Mark Ruffalo due to the amount of pressure and fustration he has to deal with trying to find the killer is. Robert Downey Jr is great and this film proves how great of an actor he really is. Jake Gyllenhaal was a little drippy in the beginning but eventually as the plot progressed he got into it.

The direction is great and it makes you feel like you are in the 70s. The set design,the costumes and the feel of it all. I just love these type of films that are set in the 70s 60s or 50s. It just really feels that i am in that certain decade and watching how the world goes by.

Nothing else more to say is that overall i really enjoyed this film. The pacing worked well as you could feel that it was going through years and years of history to tell the story. Again direction is fantastic and the acting is very well done.

Rating - 73% - B+

MovieMad16 11-13-10 11:08 AM

http://s3.daemonsmovies.com/mov/up/2...er-550x412.jpg

Connor Macgregor Reviews...4.3.2.1

I thought i check this out seeing that i was quite easily bored this week and had nothing to do. And i am so glad that i did.

While Jo (Roberts) is chained down in a dead end supermarket job, her friends are all out on their own separate adventures: Cassandra (Egerton) is jetting off to New York to meet her Internet boyfriend; Kerrys (Warren-Markland) is on a one woman crusade fighting for female liberation and Shannon (Lovibond) is on a one way trip to meet her maker. But a chance encounter with some diamond thieves sends their separate worlds on a collision course with not only each other, but fate itself. These 4 girls are about to have 3 days they will never forget, spanning to 2 cities. That is ... if they survive.

There are so many good things to say in this film. The acting is so well done and it makes you feel like you are in a similar situation. The 4 teenagers have their own personality which are all different yet at the same time seem similar in a way. Each story has its own different tone. The first story is centered around Shannon and its very tragic. Its some sort of a greek tragedy,about a girl who has no friends (or in this case all abandoned her),her parents have split and everyone is out to get her in different circumstances. Cassandra is sort of a comedy which i will explain more in my negative side of the film. Kerrys is a romance which i was surprised to find out when i saw her story. Of how they built up her character prior to her story was quite a surprise. We then get to Jo played by The Fabulous (see what i did there) Emma Roberts. Her story is sort of the main plot of the film. It involves a gang of criminals who want diamonds. In the end all four stories tie in together. I also enjoy the use of great brittish actors. If you are seeing this from America then it may be a tad difficult to follow due to the accents.

The negative things. Well back to Cassandra`s story i felt was a bit too predictable in my taste. Also the ending after we saw all the stories and i wanted to see a great climax,but i was sadly dissapointed.

Never the less, i enjoyed this film incredibly. The story,character developement,the direction and the use of locations. New York was well used in the film.

Rating - 82% - A-

genesis_pig 11-13-10 12:33 PM

Some movie called 4.3.2.1 which I have never heard of before is rated higher than Brazil??

nebbit 11-13-10 05:21 PM

I don't think I could watch it :nope: I :love: the original :yup:

MovieMad16 11-13-10 05:42 PM

Its only my opinion.

LuDiNaToR 11-13-10 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by MovieMad16 (Post 694623)
Its only my opinion.
true thats why i didnt mention matrix revolutions being as good as the first :)

MovieMad16 11-13-10 07:20 PM

it is. Both Sequels i thought were. My reason is that The Matrix potrays itself as Cyberpunk Noir which works , but does it too much at times. Matrix 2 & 3 still do that , but manage to not make it that obvious and delve into the backstory of The War , Zion and The Main Characters which we never got in Matrix 1.

MovieMad16 11-14-10 07:35 AM

http://bitchinfilmreviews.com/wp-con...-Godfather.jpg
Connor Macgregor Reviews...The Godfather

Fellow MZP Posters,I come here today to do a review of a film close to my heart and to other people`s hearts as well. It is in my opinion The Greatest Film Ever Made and My Favourite Film Of All Time. The Godfather.

The story begins as "Don" Vito Corleone, the head of a New York Mafia "family", oversees his daughter's wedding. His beloved son Michael has just come home from the war, but does not intend to become part of his father's business. Through Michael's life the nature of the family business becomes clear. The business of the family is just like the head of the family, kind and benevolent to those who give respect, but given to ruthless violence whenever anything stands against the good of the family. Don Vito lives his life in the way of the old country, but times are changing and some don't want to follow the old ways and look out for community and "family". An up and coming rival of the Corleone family wants to start selling drugs in New York, and needs the Don's influence to further his plan. The clash of the Don's fading old world values and the new ways will demand a terrible price, especially from Michael, all for the sake of the family.

Honestly within ten minutes of this film, i was in this wonderful but dark world by a click. Its an emotional place with emotional characters who are fighting for power and a place in the new world.

Lets talk about The Corleone Family. Marlon Brando plays the wondeful character Vito Corleone. The character is full of wisdom and charm,yet he has a sinister past that has changed him into a ruthless mob boss. He cares for his kids and wants what is best for them,but knows that they will become like him. James Caan plays the ruthless Sonny Corleone. I love this character and how he is a ticking time bomb waiting to explode and that time bomb reaches implosion when he discovers what has been happening to a certain family member. Robert Duvall plays Tom Hagen who in my opinion is a very underrated character and is one of my personal favourites. He is the real person running the business in a way. While Vito makes the decisions,Tom has to organise them. Then there is Talia Shire who plays Connie who i find is more emotional in this film than in The Rocky Series. She plays a much more vulnerable character than Adrian. Then there is Fredo who I at first wasn`t a big fan of in this film.But i did enjoy his performance much more this time. He is more lead about by other people and not as strong willed as the other corleones. But the stand out performance of the whole film is Al Pacino who plays Michael Corleone.

This is where Al`s career began. Michael is a character unlike anyone has ever seen before. From sweet caring to ruthless and evil, his transformation is somewhat of a modern day greek tragedy. He starts off as a nice human being who served his time in the war. As he returns to his family and new girlfriend Kay, his life is about to change to a dark turn. Michael becomes more embroiled in the businesses of his family which strains his relationship with Kay. Its like something ou have never seen before. See the beginning of the film with Michael in his uniform and remember that image. Then at the end take a look at the new Michael and compare the differences. it is astonishing.

The Score in this film will also go down in Movie History. Nina Rota creates something which is so special and so gifted that it honestly defines movie music. That infamous opening to the last note of the ending. It is just an amazing score.

I want to talk also how dark this film is. It is as i said before a Modern Greek Tragedy. Its the story of how corruption effects even the innocent people and turns them into people that they aren`t. The characters are different and have different personalities and all go different changes in the film.

This film truely puts itself up there with Casablanca,Citizen Kane & Gone With The Wind. Its a classic to be beloved by all and one that I MOST recommend above all my films.

Rating - 100% - A+

MovieMad16 11-14-10 07:37 AM

http://img.listal.com/image/398561/6...-ii-poster.jpg

Connor Macgregor Reviews...The Godfather Part II

So after reviewing Part I i will now present to you the review Of Part II. And just remember its MY Opinion. It was interesting watching Part II and seeing which is better. I or II but i now have a winner.

Part II sees The continuing saga of the Corleone crime family tells the story of a young Vito Corleone growing up in Sicily and in 1910s New York; and follows Michael Corleone in the 1950s as he attempts to expand the family business into Las Vegas, Hollywood and Cuba.

There are a number of things that Part II does do better than The first one. The first thing is the story. There isnt one story. Its two. One being the early years of Vito Corleone and the other being Michael`s continuing power as Don Of The Corleone Family. Both stories are well played out and we really care for what each main characters are going through. If i had to pick, i would go for Vito`s story over Michaels. The reason is that his story was more enjoyable and we saw how Vito becomes who he is and more importantly who Michael becomes who he is. Michael`s story is great and does continuing a very tragic story, but Vito`s was just better to watch. However there were a number of things that Part I did better than II. First is the cast. Part I`s cast was solid perfection. Part II`s was just fairly good. They just took the remainders of I and added new faces for II. De Niro fit right into The Godfather and his performance as Vito was so great despite barely any english.

Diane Keaton is also great as Kay and you can tell by a glance at the beginning that she is miserable. But the star performer once again goes to Al Pacino. If you thought his performance In Part I was fantastic, this one is timeless. Michael is a changed human being. Power & Wealth have made him someone that he wasn`t. He has lost most of his family,the love of his wife,and the respect of his most faithful allies. All for Power. I myself pity Michael at the end of the film because he is a lost soul. Someone that will never find goodness in the world anymore. As i said before The Godfather is a Greek Tragedy and Part II is just more depressing to watch than The First.

Also i must mention Nina Rota`s fantastic score once again. Part I`s was slightly better but this is just more emotional and heart pulling than before.

Overall Godfather II is a tie for the title of Best Movie Sequel Ever Made...that and The Empire Strikes Back.

Rating - 99% - A

LuDiNaToR 11-14-10 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by MovieMad16 (Post 694637)
it is. Both Sequels i thought were. My reason is that The Matrix potrays itself as Cyberpunk Noir which works , but does it too much at times. Matrix 2 & 3 still do that , but manage to not make it that obvious and delve into the backstory of The War , Zion and The Main Characters which we never got in Matrix 1.
THE MATRIX was a great film but i felt they fell of track with the sequels deffo the matrix revolutions.

LuDiNaToR 11-14-10 07:39 AM

part 2 was alot better i thort good reviews tho.

MovieMad16 11-14-10 07:39 AM

http://www.trailershut.com/movie-pos...vie-Poster.jpg
Connor Macgregor Reviews...Letters To Juliet

Just thought i should see this because this was a friday and really had nothing else to do. And i also LOVE Amanda Seyfried and anything that she is in (except Mean Girls) looks good. Basically the plot is An American girl on vacation in Italy finds an unanswered "letter to Juliet" -- one of thousands of missives left at the fictional lover's Verona courtyard, which are typically answered by a the "secretaries of Juliet" -- and she goes on a quest to find the lovers referenced in the letter.

There wasn`t much wrong with this film. It is what i expected really. Seyfriend finds letter, go and find the true love, find the true love and tie up other plots. END. Seyfried does do a very convincing performance as Sophie and Christopher Egan is a pretty good actor in this film. He is obviously a cocky ass, but you do sort of like the guy. Sophie`s fiance was just hilarious. I love that he just didn`t give a **** about his fiance and rather be humping the food dry. I reckon that if he saw the perfect looking ice cream, he would add an extra layer IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

Also the plot was kind of predictable, but never the less i did enjoy this and it was a perfect way to stop myself from being bored over the weekend.

Rating - 74% - B+

MovieMad16 11-14-10 07:41 AM

http://images.picturesdepot.com/phot...ster-68943.jpg

Connor Macgregor Reviews...The Godfather Part III

Honestly when watching this, i hear two sides to this film. Some saying its underrated and some saying its a stinker. Well after seeing two spectacular films, i am going to dive into The Godfather Part III.

In the final instalment of the Godfather Trilogy, an aging Don Michael Corleone seeks to legitimize his crime family's interests and remove himself from the violent underworld but is kept back by the ambitions of the young. While he attempts to link the Corleone's finances with the Vatican, Michael must deal with the machinations of a hungrier gangster seeking to upset the existing Mafioso order and a young protoge's love affair with his daughter.

Now there are some good things about Part III and also there are some bad things about III. First of all, this is NOT a gangster film in my view. Its more of a Religious Political Finance story in a sense. There isn`t much Mafia theme for it to be a Gangster film. It is by far a crime film because crimes are taking place, but there isn`t any more Families or Mafia dealings going on like there was in Part I and Part II.

The good things are this. Al Pacino Is Michael Corleone. No matter what age he is. Michael Corleone will always be potrayed by Al Pacino. This film proved that this is his story and no one elses. It isnt Vito`s story and it isn`t The Corleone Family`s story. It is Michael Corleone`s. The story of a man who is born into a family and a world in which he must go through his darkest fears and enemies by potraying himself as a dark figure. He sucks himself in a world in which he becomes a new person. In Part III we see the Michael from the very beginning of Part I. Despite the fact i cannot recongnise Al Pacino from Godfather I and Godfather III (Part 2 was sort of the middle. His eye liner was distracting and his voice was cracking) Al Pacino will always be Michael Corleone. Also Talia Shire gets a bigger part and she does good. Diane Keaton has not aged at all in this film. In fact she doesn`t age much in The Trilogy. She looks amazing in all three films. The star of the film for me goes to Andy Garcia. He has all The Corleone Personalites rolled into one. He has Vito`s cunning,Michael`s Ruthlessness,Fredo`s Sensitively and of course Sonny`s temper. He is a perfect Corleone.

Of course i must talk about Mary Corleone played by Sofia Coppola. She is ok. She isn`t great and she isn`t terrible. She is just ok. I think this project and role was too big for her but she did do the part justice and i did buy her as Mary. But damn she has huge checkbones in the film. Just pointing out.

If you haven`t seen Godfather III,check it out it is a decent film and is worth having a look.

Rating - 86% - A-

MovieMad16 11-14-10 08:17 AM

http://www.thecinemasource.com/movie...Poster-300.jpg
Connor Macgregor Reviews...Chicago

Ah yes Chicago.I felt that after seeing the amazing trailer so many times, i saw it for i believe Ł10 in my local DVD shop. So with that and i believe Full Metal Jacket (which i will review very soon) i bought hopefully two excellent films. I have just watched Chicago and so here is my review in full.

Roxie Hart is a married chorus girl with hopes of being a headliner in Vaudeville. Velma Kelly is a former headliner. What do these two have in common? They both are murderesses. Roxie killed her lover when he walked out on her, and Velma killed her husband and sister, who were having an affair. Chicago's newspapers love the nitty-gritty and Velma is at the top of the headlines. But then Roxie comes along and Velma is old news. They find themselves competing for not only the press' attention, but also the focus of their shared lawyer, the suave Billy Flynn. Add to the mix a sob sister, Roxie's hapless husband Amos, and a warm prison matron who watches out for her girls (if there's something in it for her), and you have Chicago.

What can i say about a musical that is well written, well directed, well acted, well sung and above all well acclaimed. Not only is the film fantastic and flawless, but the stage show is just as gritty and amazing (Seen the show about twice). This film is the centerpeice of classic musicals and will forever be known as one of those great achievements in the musical genre. The music is just amazing in every sense of the word. Its catchy, emotional and gets your feet moving. The top three performances are one of a kind. Zeta Jones is incredibly fiesty in this role and that is why i love her in this film so much. Renee Zellweger is just to die for in this film. Such a B-I-A-T-C-H in this film and yet she is so loveable at the same time. She would kill to get the spotlight...wait she did that. And then she lies to get the spotlight back, classic. But of course to me the star is Richard Gere. Oh he can do the lot. He acts,he sings and he dances and during the fantastic song Razzle Dazzle i said to myself "I Like Richard Gere". So after years of no reason of liking Richard Gere, Chicago has given me that reason. THANK YOU.

The Music in this film is something from another world. Its tricky to pick a favourite but it comes between Razzle Dazzle & Cell Block Tango. I admit something grew while watching Cell Block Tango. It was so mesmerising to watch and it made me felt i was going to the electric chair with a erection and all the police officers were women in lingerie. Oh the agony. Never the less its a great song and it makes me want to crawl to my knees and beg them to kill me.

So overall Chicago is A MUST BUY. Get it now its timeless and a modern masterpiece. OWN IT MUSIC LOVERS!

Rating - 93% - A

MovieMad16 11-14-10 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by LuDiNaToR (Post 694754)
part 2 was alot better i thort good reviews tho.
Thanks. Part 2 is brilliant but the one thing that lacked was that the cast wasn't as strong as Part 1. Apart from that , everything else was fantastic.

MovieMad16 11-14-10 11:23 AM

http://www.originalcinemaposters.com...impossible.jpg

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Mission Impossible

I finally managed to get round watching this. I thought firstly that this was too short. But never the less it was worth it and it really was a very well done action film.

Movie based on the television series finds Jim Phelps and his team charged with stopping a traitor from stealing and selling classified material. Everything was going well until the man they are following and all of the team are inexplicably killed except for Ethan Hunt. Ethan then calls the Director and goes to meet him when he discovers that the whole mission was to ferret a mole that they have been suspicious of for some time. The Director shows evidence that hints that Ethan's the one they have been looking for but Ethan knows that he is not, so he escapes. Ethan then arranges to meet the buyer and whom he warns against using the material he has and when they meet he offers to get what he paid for in exchange for telling whom the mole is. Ethan, along with Phelps' wife Claire recruits two disavowed agents to help him which won't be easy.

I havent seen the TV Series prior to the films so i won`t comment on the controversal plot of the film. Tom Cruise is really into his role as Ethan Hunt. He plays the part with such ability and strength. He can be a candidate for James Bond if he threw on a convincing English accent. I also liked Jon Voight as Jim Phelps. He was very interesting but was very limited near the end. Some of the supporting cast like Ving Rhames is good,but Je Adore Jean Reno. i always have in a way he can pretty much play anything and he is very convincing at the role he plays.

The plot is too short. The film`s running time is 110 Min although it felt very shorter than that. I don`t know but i felt like it was more than a TV Pilot but with a film Budget. Never the less it was very engaging and really felt like a Spy Film.

So overall Mission Impossible is a fun action film with a very interesting plot that keeps you on your feet, great cast overall and very well done special effects. Mission Impossible is Impossible to hate.

Rating - 73% - B+

MovieMad16 11-14-10 11:57 AM

http://www.traileraddict.com/content...-fox/abyss.jpg

Connor Macgregor Reviews...The Abyss

Going in seeing this i knew this was a special film i was going to watch. And after watching the special edition version, i can tell know that James Cameron has never let me down on any of his films.

When an American nuclear submarine crashes, the United States Government believe the Russians to be responsible. They enlist the help of a team of underwater drilling platform workers who are to help the deployed Navy SEALS locate the crash site. As they get closer to their destination, the friction between the two teams increases. When some workers report seeing UFO's underwater, the SEALS grow increasingly suspicious and suspect a Russian mini-sub. After a series of near-fatal disasters, the workers find that they are the only people who are capable of stopping World War III. But they are not the only inhabitants of the deep, and strange things are happening back at the surface...

I really enjoyed this film. It wasnt really that suspenceful but it did have a very interesting and entertaining story to it. James Cameron`s writing and directing is something of a specialty. Despite what many people say about his attitude to people when he works, he does direct amazing films and all of them are different in many ways. The Abyss is different because of its use of underwater. Water is a big central theme in this film and it plays out terrifically. I love the aliens in this one. They want peace on Earth and would even go to lengths to destroying all life to get what they want.

I do love the characters in this also. Cameron does real well in creating amazing memorable characters in his films. The most memorable to me is Michael Beihn`s character. So alone,so scarred by war and so scared, his character is fighting to survive despite not understanding the whole situation. Another actress i like is Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio. Her performance in this film is excellent. And finally i cannot leave out Ed Harris. He is so good in this film having to look out and save as many lives in a situation that he has no idea what will throw at him next. Its unpredictable but with him at the helm, we can put our trust in him.

Overall The Abyss may not be Cameron`s finest work but it is certainly worth checking out. I loved the plot,characters and the effects. Cameron certainly knows how to put on a entertaining film.

Rating - 80% - B+

MovieMad16 11-14-10 03:07 PM

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/...Poster3(1).jpg

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Iron Man

I Saw Iron Man 2 and if yu go back a few pages you can check my review on that film, but now i have finally come round to seeing the first one. So here is my review.

The playboy wolf and genius Tony Stark is the successful CIO of the Stark Industries, a weapon company founded by his father. His second in command is Obadiah Stane, who worked with his father, and his loyal and professional secretary is Pepper Potts, who has a crush on Tony. While in Afghanistan to demonstrate the ultimate Jericho missile developed by his company, his military convoy is attacked and Tony is seriously wounded on his chest and kidnapped by a group of rebels that wants him to assemble a missile for their use. Tony stays with his abductors for three months and develops a powerful metallic armor to escape from the cave where he is arrested. He decides to stop manufacturing weapons in his company under the protest of Obadiah, and dedicates his time to improve the armor, manufacturing it with gold and titanium and installing a propulsion system to fly. However, Pepper discovers that Tony was betrayed by Obadiah, who is using Tony's data to build prototype armor for him, transforming it in the ultimate weapon.

Iron Man is a lot better in many ways. The first is the story. This is a great introduction for Iron Man into the world of cinema. It feels very original and new on the big screen and Robert Downey Jr just fits like a puzzle into the character of Tony Stark. His arrogance,wit and self charm is just perfect for him. I also really feel like Marvel did a good job because he looks exactly like the Tony Stark in the comics. Pepper Potts is a nice sweet character played by Gwyneth Paltrow who is very sweet and fiesty in the role. Terrance Howard plays Rhodey and feel that he is a lot better than Don Chedle in the role. But the star is by far Jeff Bridges. Such a clever villian with a clever personality. As well as that i think Jon Faverau The Director and Hogan was good at both acting and directing. I also give credit to Clark Gregg who plays Agent Coulson in this. I think he is very underrated and should get more major work.

Overall its fun, original and very exciting and its worth seeing.

Rating - 75% - B+

LuDiNaToR 11-14-10 03:12 PM

how do u work your ratings out. you rated iron man 2 65% and said its better than the first ??

MovieMad16 11-14-10 03:32 PM

that was before i did this review. I split it into Categories

100% - A+
91 - 99 - A
81 - 90 - A-
71 - 80 - B+
61 - 70 - B
51 - 60 - B-
41 - 50 - C+
31 - 40 - C
21 - 30 - C-
11 - 20 - D+
1 - 10- D
0 - F

MovieMad16 11-14-10 03:57 PM

http://photogallery.filmofilia.com/d..._poster_01.jpg
Connor Macgregor Reviews...Get Him To The Greek

I wasn`t crazy about seeing this film to be honest,but seeing as i am bored stiff this summer, i decided to give this a watch.

Aaron Greenberg (Hill) gets things done. The ambitious 23-year-old has exaggerated his way into a dream job just in time for a career-making assignment. His mission: Fly to London and escort a rock god to L.A.s Greek Theatre for the first-stop on a $100-million tour. His warning: Turn your back on him at your own peril. British rocker Aldous Snow (Brand) is both a brilliant musician and walking sex. Weary of yes men and piles of money, the former front man is searching for the meaning of life. But that doesnt mean he cant have a few orgies while he finds it. When he learns his true love is in California, Aldous makes it his quest to win her backright before kick-starting his world domination.

As the countdown to the concert begins, one intern must navigate a minefield of London drug smuggles, New York City brawls and Vegas lap dances to deliver his charge safe and, sort of, sound. He may have to coax, lie to, enable and party with Aldous, but Aaron will get him to the Greek.

To be honest, this film is actually really good. I think the characters are really solid in this film. Jonah Hill`s character is very interesting and this experience changes his relationship with his girlfriend or fiance (it isn`t established) and it is an interesting journey for him. He does some good moments in this film. Russell Brand is really good in this. There i said it. He does play the rockstar character really well. I think this is because his own personality is sort of rockish. The star of the film for me was P Diddy. I thought his character was just brilliant. The Mind**** scene in Vegas was really funny stuff. I think Diddy should consider doing more movies because he is quite talented in the acting arena.

The story itself is pretty interesting. I haven`t seen Forgetting Sarah Marshall (Sorry Jake) but i do know that Russell Brand plays the same character in this and that it delves more into his background and personality which i like. I also have to mention Rose Byne in this. Her performance is hilarious. Her english cocky accent is so good i could think that was actually her. Never the less it is a great performance.

Overall i thought this was a funny film and if you have spare time i think you should check this out.

Rating - 75% - B+

MovieMad16 11-14-10 04:01 PM

http://photogallery.filmofilia.com/d..._poster_02.jpg
Connor Macgregor Reviews...Nine

I knew this would not be as entertaining as Chicago...but i hoped that this would be watchable enough...and because of one person,it was.

Famed Italian director Guido Contini is ten days away from the start of principal filming of his latest movie, ambitiously titled "Italia". The general speculation by anyone who has followed production, including the press, is that Guido has lost his creative vision and that this production will go the way of his last two films: be a flop. The first part of that statement is indeed true as Guido not only does not yet have a script, but he has no idea for the movie at all. Guido escapes to a seaside resort to convalesce and get away from all the pressures of this production, this convalescence only to moderate success as he thinks about the women who have shaped his life.

I think one person really stood out in this film. That was Daniel Day Lewis. What a character Guido Contini is and Daniel Day Lewis is maybe the right person that pulled it off. He is self centered and at times arrogant, but he is stressed and lost the love to make movies and is now searching for some sort of redemption to keep going. Guido must juggle many women in his life, His wife played by Marion Cortland who does ok but could have done miles better,she is still talented though. His mistress played by Pinelope Cruz who i don`t understand why she won an oscar when she didn`t do much, The Journalist played by Kate Hudson who does the role justice, The Actress played by Nicole Kidman who also does the role justice. There is also the fashion designer played by Judi Dench who shines in any role particulary this one, The Mother played by Sophia Loren who has a small but fairly reasonable part. Another role i want to mention is Fergue`s role playing Saraghina The Prostitute.

Rob Marshall once again goes for this format in which when a song begins, it cuts away to the act performing it in a fantasy stage or area in which only one or two characters know about, in this case Guido and all of his women singing and dancing certain songs. My favourite songs in Nine are Cinema Italino by Kate Hudson in which it is shot like an Italien Music Video. Another is Take It All sung by Marion who sings and performs the song fairly well. But the highlight for me was Be Italien by Fergie. I love the song and i love how Fergie sung it.

Overall Nine isn`t Chicago but it is good in its own right so do take a look.

Rating - 66% - B

MovieMad16 11-14-10 06:22 PM

http://www.traileraddict.com/content...lymelife-2.jpg

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Lymelife

I went to see this in a cinema outside my home town. I had to take 2 trains to get to this cinema, and was it worth it ? Oh Hell Yeah.

Lymelife is a coming of age dramedy where infidelity, real estate, and Lyme disease have two families falling apart on Long Island in the early eighties. Scott, 15, is at the point in his life when he finds out that the most important people around him, his father, his mother, and his brother, are not exactly who he thought they were. They are flawed and they are human. He then discovers the true deception of his family.

The reason i love this film first of all is that i saw it in a place or a cinema that i had not seen a film in before. It felt very different,but exciting. The acting in this film is fantastic. The performances are some of the best i have seen in a long time. I can`t pick a standout this time, but i will mention some performances. I will start with Emma Roberts & Rory Culkin who both act their socks off in this film. I have a soft spot for Emma Roberts (Not that way) and i think very soon she is going to be a Big star in Hollywood (Along with AnnaSophia Robb) and this film proves that she is ready and capiable of taking bigger and bolder roles. Rory Culkin was the same but just didn`t have the charm that Emma has. Another two i want to mention are Alec Baldwin and Jill Hennessy who are both incredible in this film. Jill is amazing as the long suffering wife of Alec Baldwin`s character. Alec Baldwin himself is also great in this film as he brings emotion and heartlessness greed to this role. That is what makes Alec Baldwin to me an incredible actor. The third and final actress i would like to mention is Cynthia Nixon. Her character is such a bitch in this film, yet she has reasons for being a bitch. She is miserable. She is in a miserable marriage and just wants a bit of fun and you see that in her own performance.

There is very little music in this film and that is what makes the film so emotional and interesting. Silence is a powerful thing in films when used at the right time. And in this film it is used very correctly and well done.

Overall this is my favourite film of the year and hopefully you can track it done and give it a watch because it is worth your time.

Rating - 86% - A-

genesis_pig 11-14-10 06:31 PM

Lymelife is one of my favorite films.. maybe I liked it coz I could relate to the story.
I would second it as a recommendation.

Gunny 11-14-10 06:32 PM

I saw Get Him To The Greek. Very ordinary. Think I laughed twice.

MovieMad16 11-14-10 06:38 PM

GENESIS PIG - I know. Its so brilliant. Can't believe The Oscars overlooked it. It had Oscar written all over itself. Emma Roberts was great in it and honestly could watch the film all day.

GUNNY - I liked it because of The Bit in Vegas. Everything else was ok. Plus The Girl from Damages is in it and I do think she's great.

MovieMad16 11-15-10 08:35 AM

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2006/08/22/eragon-poster.jpg

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Eragon

Don`t worry i didn`t buy this on DVD...i watched this on Film 4 because i was bored and there was nothing else on...and do you know what...it was average.

Orphaned farm boy Eragon destiny is sealed forever when a mystic stone chooses him for its keeper, this is no ordinary stone, this is the last surviving egg of the dragon race. Eragon is now the new Dragon Rider, the boy who will be savior to the repressed peoples of the Kingdom ruled by the wicked King Galbatorix and his evil wizard Durza. Running, hiding and battling across the lands with his mentor Brom and the gracious dragon Saphira, together, with the beautiful Princess Arya, this Band of Brothers learn more about themselves, their responsibilities and their destinies. Who shall succeed toward the end? Shall good overcome evil? Or will all be lost to the dark forces forever? Fly with the adventure.

Now don`t get me wrong, this film is laugh out loud bad,but not horrible in anyway. The acting is laughable apart from Jeremy Irons who i swaer may have been the only person who took this seriously. The teen lead is so dry in this film that he bears resemblance to the actor who played Alex Rider in Stormbreaker. Robert Carlyle plays a weird wacky villian who isnt scary or intimidating in the slightest. His speech in the middle of the film to the CGI army reminded me of his speech in Hitler:The Rise Of Evil. Apart from that,everyone else just sucks.

The story is very boring and resembles Dragonheart,Lord Of The Rings and various other films. There is no originality in this film nor the books. Its dull,unentertaining and very fast paced. Although The CGI Dragon in this is pretty well done.

Overall,its not very entertaining in story,but if you want CGI and Decent Battles,Eragon may be passable in that area,but it isnt very groundbreaking.

Rating - 39% - C

genesis_pig 11-15-10 08:48 AM

I wouldn't even bother reviewing Eragon.

spudracer 11-15-10 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Gunny (Post 694892)
I saw Get Him To The Greek. Very ordinary. Think I laughed twice.
I'm in total agreement with you, Gunny. I guess I'm getting to that age where the dick and fart jokes are just getting old.

MovieMad16 11-15-10 09:38 AM

http://www.movieposter.com/posters/a...n/32/MPW-16024

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Rent

I had never seen or heard of Rent since 2008. I never watched the show and so picking this film up would be my first experience of Rent.

Based on Puccini's 'La Boheme', 'Rent' tells the story of one year in the life of friends living the Bohemian life in modern day East Village, New York City, 1989-1990. Among the group are our narrator, nerdy love-struck filmmaker Mark Cohen; the object of Mark's affection, his former girlfriend, Maureen Johnson; Maureen's Harvard-educated public interest lawyer and lesbian lover Joanne Jefferson; Mark's roommate, HIV-positive musician and former junkie, Roger Davis; Roger's new girlfriend, the HIV-positive drug addicted S&M dancer, Mimi Marquez; their former roommate, HIV-positive computer genius Tom Collins; Collins' HIV-positive drag queen street musician/lover Angel; and Benjamin Coffin III, a former member of the group who married for money and has since become their landlord and the opposite of everything they stand for. Shows how much changes or doesn't change in the 525,600 minutes that make up a year.

This film is absolutely fantastic. The music for starters is wonderful and passionate. It opens with one of my favourite musical songs of all time "Seasons Of Love". It is such a memorable and emotional song about these group of friends just trying to survive the big city and make it day by day. The Songs in Rent are all very memorable and create the heart and soul of the story which makes it its masterpiece today. Another big thing about Rent`s success are the characters. These characters are fantastic and are all so different in many ways. My favourite character would have to be either Maureen or Angel. Angel was the centre of the story for me, as he united everyone through good and bad times. Maureen i like because she is a woman wanting to have fun and live her life, but she feels trapped and feeling she has to change for her girlfriend.

Overall, this is an amazing experience. I love the story, characters and emtional messege Jonathan Larson is trying to show in the story. Please Please Please find this film and do give it a watch as it is an underrated timeless gem.

Rating - 92% - A

MovieMad16 11-15-10 03:17 PM

http://images.killermovies.com/d/the...ery/poster.jpg

Connor Macgregor Reviews...The Devil Wears Prada

This was another film that was on The TV and so i figured. "Why Not?" i always wanted to watch this film. And Boy it was a big dissapointment.

Miranda Priestley, of "Runway" magazine tears up the landscape as a demanding fashion editor. She is a terror to everyone who is around her as is quickly depicted in the opening scenes of the movie. Her first assistant strives to please her and tries to emulate her, but one can sense that she is not quite as hard as she tries to put on. Into this mix comes a young woman who knows nothing of the fashion industry, has never read the magazine, and doesn't know who Miranda Priestley is. She only sees this as a stepping stone to another journalism position. Showing no fashion sense and immediately scorned by everyone, Miranda nonetheless hires her as the second assistant. When Miranda demands that she obtain the next unpublished Harry Potter manuscript, you can sense that she is trying to force her to quit, but it makes the young woman dig in to please her boss. With the help of one of the magazine's fashion editors, she gets a complete makeover and a new security. However, with her new appearance and the demands placed on her, she starts to lose her friends, family and her live-in boy friend. As she is whisked away to Paris with Miranda and faces all of the glamor that could be hers, including a flashy if not artificial freelance journalist, she is forced to make the decision of where she wants to be in her life.

This film was dissapointing with the reason...nothing happens. The story is Girl gets a job at a fashion magazine, has a bitchy boss and quits. Quite basic and quite a snooze really. Anne Hathaway is great but she keeps picking really all the misses of the bunch. I haven`t seen all of her films but i hear Bride Wars is god awful, so can`t she just stop and say to herself "What Haven`t I Done" or "What Am I Good At" and then focus on that. Meryl Streep is always great and you can see what she is trying to potray in this film. The problem is i didn`t know if she was meant to be Very Bitchy and Anne Hathway`s character was to come and make her see light or she was meant to be The Patty Hewes Of the Film World,Manipulative and Controlling. Emily Brunt is ok but nothing special (Just looks hot) and Stanley Tucci who i think was the star of the film. A character i liked and had a proper personality.

Overall dissapointment and sadly wasn`t as interesting as i hoped it would be.

Rating - 61% - B

MovieMad16 11-15-10 03:19 PM

http://www.ovemedia.com/wp-content/u...7-12-09-kc.jpg

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Shrek Forever After

So we arrive at another Shrek Movie where this franchise is on its last legs to make money. While this premise seems pretty interesting, it falls flat and here is why.

A bored and domesticated Shrek pacts with deal-maker Rumpelstiltskin to get back to feeling like a real ogre again, but when he's duped and sent to a twisted version of Far Far Away -- where Rumpelstiltskin is king, ogres are hunted, and he and Fiona have never met -- he sets out to restore his world and reclaim his true love.

I went to see this in 3D and my 3D Revival reaction is this...3D SUCKS BIG ASS! First of all it hurts your eyes due to the fact that it is 3D and its HD too. I had to take the glasses off at certain points and watched it in its blurry vision and it wasn`t so bad. As for the film itself, it was ok but nothing special. Is it better than Shrek 3 ? Yeah i think it is but it still brings nothing new to the franchise, it is basically in for the money as most films are these days. I think Fiona was given a new personality and a new backstory which really interested me. The villian Rumpulstilksten (Might be a wrong spelling) was ok but again not very original or special.

So Overall i would rent this to be perfect honest as its another lame ass money grabbing sequel.

Rating - 48% - C+

MovieMad16 11-15-10 03:22 PM

http://filmonic.com/wp-content/uploa...ors-poster.jpg

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Predators

Going in and wasn`t expecting much at all, i came out and it was better than i expected. It contains the same rough plot as the first Predator film does, only with a different cast and with the story tweaked around a bit but it is still very enjoyable.

The First Film was in a Jungle,The Second Was In A City, so i think it makes sense for the Third Film to be On A Different Planet. It kind of gives The Humans the disadvantage for the first time. In the first two films, The Predator was in environments that weren`t to his taking. Never the less the story is engaging and very easy to get to like the characters particulary Adrian Brody`s character.

Some people can argue and say that they are the same personalities as Predator 1 but there are some original parts to these new characters. There are also two factions of Predators. There are the classic Predators with the classic helmets and look, and then there are the newer Predators with half masks and with a more sinister look. They look a lot more deadlier and hardcore in a way.

Overall its an enjoyable film, while it does resemble Predator 1, it is still very good and brings its own twist to the series.

Rating - 73% - B+

MovieMad16 11-15-10 03:44 PM

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2009/04/10/moon-poster-2.jpg

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Moon

Everyone At the end of 2009 and Award Season were saying how fantastic Moon was and i wasn`t interested in seeing it at first, but then I decided to buy it and watch it.

Sam Bell has a three year contract to work for Lunar Industries. For the contract's entire duration, he is the sole employee based at their lunar station. His primary job responsibility is to harvest and periodically rocket back to Earth supplies of helium-3, the current clean and abundant fuel used on Earth. There is no direct communication link available between the lunar station and Earth, so his only direct real-time interaction is with GERTY, the intelligent computer whose function is to attend to his day to day needs. With such little human contact and all of it indirect, he feels that three years is far too long to be so isolated; he knows he is beginning to hallucinate as the end of his three years approaches. All he wants is to return to Earth to be with his wife Tess and their infant daughter Eve, who was born just prior to his leaving for this job. With two weeks to go, he gets into an accident at one of the mechanical harvesters and is rendered unconscious. Injured, he awakens back at the station in the infirmary, he assumes assisted by GERTY. GERTY tells him that a rescue team named Eliza will come to the station to clean up the aftermath of the accident. After his recuperation, he takes an unauthorized trip back to the broken harvester, where he makes an unexpected discovery. Because of his find, he begins to doubt his sanity, then his true identity, then the company and GERTY's willingness to do what is best for him. Because of his resulting beliefs, his sole mission becomes how to get back to Earth on his own.

Moon is something like a fresh air into The Sci Fi Genre. Its original, edgy and chilling at the same time. The story is a work of genius and really had me confused at some points. I won`t spoil it but you will think something at first and then the film reveals that it is something completely different and to me that was pretty clever and sparked my interest a lot more. There are no cliches in Moon really, Duncan Jones creates an original story that is very hooking and very interesting.

The acting is marvellous. there really is one actor in this whole film and its Sam Rockwell. Sam Rockwell delivers a very powerful performance and really was overlooked in The Award Season. He really wants to go home and see his family again,but then goes on a dark road where he discovers that not all is what he thinks. Another classic performance is Kevin Spacey as The Voice of GERTY. In my opinion, GERTY is The Next HAL, only GERTY is original in many different ways. He is iconic and chilling at the same time.

I also love the effects in Moon. The Moon is shot as though something terrible has just occured. Its like the silence after a fiery gunbattle or the field after a nucleur bomb going off. It feels very weird but wonderful at the same time. I wasn`t in tears of joy but i did admire the work that went in to make those wonderful effects. Effects today in Hollywood just seem cheap and not very inspiring these days.

Overall Moon is really really entertaining and destined to spark your interest because it eventually sparked mine.

Rating - 76% - B+

MovieMad16 11-15-10 03:51 PM

http://www.amoeba.com/dynamic-images...jason-x-poster

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Jason X

This was one of the first horror movies i ever saw. I know your laughing there at that first bit but its true, and i was dissapointed not because the film was flat out bad, but because i didn`t get scared...at all.

Finally captured in the year 2008, Jason Voorhees (Kane Hodder) is held inside a government research facility whose scientists try to answer the question that keeps eluding them - why one of the most infamous mass murderers in history cannot die. Once Rowan (Lexa Doig), leader of the research project, prepares the specimen for cryogenic suspension, a greedy scientist goes over her head and comes to remove Jason, only to have the mad slasher break free and slaughter him and his entire entourage. Tricking Jason into following her, Rowan eludes him into entering the cryogenic freezer and begins the process, but a breach in the system causes her to freeze with him. The government tries to deny any evidence of the project, and nearly four centuries pass, during which the Earth gradually becomes less and less habitable and humans have relocated to a planet in another star system that they've named Earth II. A team of young students descends onto the ruined Earth, where they find the frozen bodies of Jason and Rowan in the forgotten research facility and take back on board their ship with them. Rowan is thawed and revived, but the team mistakes Jason to be dead, having no idea of his abilities or motives. Before long, Jason awakens to the sound of young people having premarital sex once again, and the carnage erupts once again as the ship proceeds to Earth II. The remaining survivors fight for their lives as the centuries-old mad slasher proves that he is just as evil and just as indestructible during their time as he was centuries before.

Now where to start...DO NOT TAKE THIS FILM SERIOUSLY AT ALL. The plot is just out there in the realms of fantasy. There is no way that in the year 2455 we will be able to bring people back to life with robotic ants. Second of all, the characters are two dimensional apart from a certain few (and those are the ones who survived). There aint any worthy talent in this film and i ain`t surprised. I only liked 3 of the cast. The Hot girl that died by being sucked out into space, The guy that looks like a young Matthew Perry and The Tough Black Soldier Guy. And Jason X was pretty damn cool, but not amazingly wow Cool.

I also must mention that The Special Effects are just terrible. They are Early PS2 Graphics and they look incredibly ****. I mean granted its 2001 and CGI wasn`t at the level it is today, but still they could have done a lot better.

Overall its terrible but can be fun at the same time. While watching it, I had this fun feeling to it. I guess you could watch and enjoy it without taking it seriously in a way. I mean i could when I was 12 or 13 but now i`m 16 and I can just about get through it.

Rating - 49% - C+

MovieMad16 11-15-10 04:51 PM

http://deluphie.com/wp-content/uploa.../11/poster.jpg
Connor Macgregor Reviews...Toy Story

I will be seeing Toy Story 3 when it is released in The UK This Coming Monday. However i wont have internet access because i will be on holiday. Trying to bring back some nostalgia for The Third Upcoming Film, i am going to review both Toy Story films and any other Pixar Films that are floating around my house. So lets start with Toy Story.

A little boy named Andy loves to be in his room, playing with his toys, especially his doll named "Woody". But, what do the toys do when Andy is not with them, they come to life. Woody believes that he has life (as a toy) good. However, he must worry about Andy's family moving, and what Woody does not know is about Andy's birthday party. Woody does not realize that Andy's mother gave him an action figure known as Buzz Lightyear, who does not believe that he is a toy, and quickly becomes Andy's new favorite toy. Woody, who is now consumed with jealousy, tries to get rid of Buzz. Then, both Woody and Buzz are now lost. They must find a way to get back to Andy before he moves without them, but they will have to pass through a ruthless toy killer, Sid Phillips.

This movie is timeless. It revolutionised animation and introduced new wonderful disney characters. Woody and Buzz are like the animation buddy cop team. They are two classic characters with two classic personalities. Also the other toys of Andy are fantastic characters too. You have Woody the Cowboy and Leader, Buzz Lightyear the Space Ranger who has yet to discover his true cause, Mr Potato Head with The Wonderful Voice of Don Rickles, Hamm who is so hiliarious for being sarcastic and witty. But my favourite has to be Rex, the sensitive dinosaur. He is the exact opposite of what a Dinosaur should be. Sensitive,scared and very confused of his emotions. I also love Sid, the villian of the story who wants to distroy toys for fun. He must have an abusive parent or something.

The story is classic. Two toys that can`t get along who must in order to return home. both Woody and Buzz learn a valuable lesson whilst going on this scary but wonderous journey. I think both Tom Hanks & Tim Allen are just perfect for the voices of both Woody & Buzz. I reckon like Star Wars, generations and generations in years to come will fall in love with this movie.

And one last thing, the music is also fantastic. Randy Newman is a music god when it comes to Toy Story. You Got A Friend In Me is such a touching song that brings my Nostalgia flooding right back in.

Overall, this film is a classic, its story, characters, voice work and above all The Animation. I recommend this to anyone a fan of great films because this is one of them.

Rating - 100% - A+

nebbit 11-15-10 06:03 PM

Nice review Connor :yup:

MovieMad16 11-16-10 12:55 PM

thanks. More reviews are on the way.

MovieMad16 11-16-10 01:55 PM

http://www.moviepostersforsale.org/i...toryposter.jpg
Connor Macgregor Reviews...Toy Story 2

Just when you thought the first one could not be beat, Toy Story 2 comes along in 1999 and takes the story to a whole new level.

In "Toy Story 2," the fun and adventure continues when Andy goes off to summer camp and the toys are left to their own devices. Things shift into high gear when an obsessive toy collector kidnaps Woody who unbeknownst to himself is a highly valued collectable. It's now up to Buzz Lightyear and the gang from Andy's room - Mr. Potato Head, Slinky Dog, Rex and Hamm - to spring into action and save their pal from winding up as a museum piece. There's plenty of excitement and fun as the toys get into one predicament after another in their daring race to get home before Andy does.

In My Opinion, I think the sequel is a lot better than the first one. Why, for starters it has a more exciting and interesting story. It introduces the fact that Woody will not be with Andy forever and that one day, He will not longer be Andy`s toy. It also introduces Jesse voiced by Joan Cusack which like all Toy Story characters fits the part. It also introduces Bullseye who i like as well. But Kelsey Grammer as Stinky Pete was a great part and a great underrated Disney Villian. Zurg is in it to but his best parts are in The Disney Animated Series The Adventrues Of Buzz Lightyear voiced by Wayne Knight Who also voices and has the likness of Al.

As usual, The animation is great and proves that Pixar is a growing force in Hollywood and one of the few studios that haven`t been warped into money grabbing idiots (All of their Films have received Positive Reviews) and Toy Story 2 is one of an underrated classic. The Music and Score is tremendous in this and again proves that Pixar cares about their audience.
So This film exceeds the first film in my opinion of all films that was great about 1.

I am awaiting Toy Story 3 in which the story will conclude (Although i hear small rumours of a 4th. Good Or Bad ?) and i swear i think this will be the first time i may cry at a film. But who knows and by next week, i will know whether Toy Story 3 will be my Film Of The Year (Or Inception ?)

Rating - 100% - A+

MovieMad16 11-16-10 03:30 PM

http://www.dan-dare.org/FreeFun/Imag...sIncPoster.jpg
Connor Macgregor Reviews...Monsters.Inc

After going through The Two Toy Story films, i felt that I should explore the house for more Pixar Films. i only found one and it was Monsters Inc.

In the world behind our closet doors, monsters like Mike and Sulley work hard for their income. To be exact, the monster world depends on our children's screams: It is their energy that makes lightbulbs glow and cars drive. Big companies like Monsters, Inc. collect the scream energy, and many monsters work there in shifts. In these times, it is getting harder and harder to shock the kids properly, since they're so spoiled by television, so that there's an energy shortage in the monster world.

Sulley, the number one frightener, one day accidentally lets a human child into the monster world. Since kids are supposed to be poisonous and carry loads of diseases, pandemonium ensues. After Mike and Sulley discover that the girl they named Boo actually seems quite harmless, they decide to bring her back through her door into her room. But Boo's presence is more than just a mere accident. Now, Mike and Sulley have to face an enemy within their own ranks.

While in my eyes it is nowhere near Toy Story, Monsters Inc is a very very enjoyable film. It takes a very simple concept or idea and turns it into its own world which The Writers of Pixar never dissapoint. The two leads Mike & Sully are a excellent double act and really are the stars of the show.

Billy Crystal`s voice work as Mike is just laugh out loud clever. John Goodman is great as Sully and you do feel for the character when she has to take up Boo and take care of it in this unknown world. I also love the fact that The Monsters are scared of the Children, that is just a great gag.

Overall not the best pixar movie, but certainly one to check out.

Rating - 76% - B+

MovieMad16 11-17-10 04:48 PM

Connor Macgregor Reviews...Inception

I always knew this film would be special...and my god it is. Its in my opinion...Nolan`s best work.

Dom Cobb is a skilled thief, the absolute best in the dangerous art of extraction, stealing valuable secrets from deep within the subconscious during the dream state, when the mind is at its most vulnerable. Cobb's rare ability has made him a coveted player in this treacherous new world of corporate espionage, but it has also made him an international fugitive and cost him everything he has ever loved. Now Cobb is being offered a chance at redemption. One last job could give him his life back but only if he can accomplish the impossible-inception. Instead of the perfect heist, Cobb and his team of specialists have to pull off the reverse: their task is not to steal an idea but to plant one. If they succeed, it could be the perfect crime. But no amount of careful planning or expertise can prepare the team for the dangerous enemy that seems to predict their every move. An enemy that only Cobb could have seen coming.

This film is by far The Best Film Of The Year. Its an ideas film and its one that Nolan does so well in his films. Dreams are something in film that can be difficult to do and even more difficult to be done well. Here its done really well by Nolan`s amazing directing and the wonderful effects that are just awe inspiring. The story is just so original and very tricky to follow.

With all these dreams they enter and the demons of Cobb`s past, it makes the story interesting and wanting the audience member wanting more. I won`t spoil anything else but its entertaining and very thought provoking.

The acting is great. Leo Di Caprio pretty much steals the show because his the character is the one in which the story is most invested in. Its the demons of his past and the demons of his present that make him go through this journey of mystery and fear that will rid him of his demons. Ellen Page is incredible too. She is basically the audience. The person who is new to The Inception and slowly sucks herself into the wonders of the dream world. I do love her role in this as any of the viewer could put themselves in her shoes. Other performances that are great are Joseph Gordan Levett and Marion Cortlandt in roles i will not reveal until you see the film.

Overall Film of the year by a mile. Great acting, Story, Directing and Effects. See IT!

Rating - 95% - A

MovieMad16 11-17-10 04:50 PM

http://thecia.com.au/reviews/a/image...d-poster-0.jpg
Connor Macgregor Reviews...Appleseed

I felt anime tonight and so picked out Appleseed to give it a watch...and boy i was dissapointed.

In a utopian society created at the end of the third world war, a female warrior who has been plucked from the badlands begins to see cracks in this new facade. And what does this community have planned for the rest of humankind?

Yeah i was sadly dissapointed with this. Not much to say just that the story is same old same old with most Jap Anime i have seen, characters are flat and dont have any chemistry and while the effects are impressive, that is the only thing keeping the film from flopping.

So Overall dull, not very interesting and after a great day, ended on a downer.

Rating - 35% - C

MovieMad16 11-17-10 04:53 PM

Connor Macgregor (On Vacation) Reviews...Some Like It Hot

A timeless classic, a special film to me and contains some of the most memorable scenes in all of comedy. And now i will review Some Like It Hot.

Joe, the saxophone player, is Josephine in the all girls band that he joined with Jerry, the bass violin player, to be one step ahead of the mob after witnessing the 1929 St. Valentine's Day Massacre in Chicago. After a train ride that sets a record for number of people in an upper berth, they are In Miami. Joe decides to be the man of Sugar Kane's dreams and invites her out to a yacht he doesn't have. But he can use Osgood Fielding's yacht if Jerry -- as Daphne -- will keep Osgood dancing. The pace gets even giddier when the Chicago mob arrives in Miami for a convention.

Who can`t love this film. its a classic film with a wonderful cast that make me laugh so hard. Jack Lemon and Tony Curtis are easily one of the all time great double acts because of this film. I don`t know what they did after or before, but in this film they work so well off each other and that is why the film works so well. Marilyn Monroe is very good as Sugar in this film. A girl who wants to experience life to the fullest. The best part of the film is when Jack & Tony are dressed up as the women. They sell it completely and they always end up in amazing awkward positions. I also have to love gold old innocent Osgood Fielding III played brilliantly by Joe E Brown. Its just a very charming performance and i love how he just keeps trying to charm Tony Curtis`s character. Its just great.

I also love the infamous quote at the end. Its just a classic ending and a classic quote.

"I`m a Man" "Well...Nobody`s Perfect"

Overall SEE This film. it may be from the 50s but it is just a hiliarious film. It was also the film in which i was born to. My Family were watching it in the hospital while I was being born.

Rating - 100% - A+

MovieMad16 11-17-10 04:55 PM

http://www.radswiki.net/main/images/...aws-poster.jpg
Connor Macgregor (On Vacation) Reviews...Jaws

What i am about to review is a film that changed the business forever. It introduced something that had never been introduced in movies before. That is The Blockbuster and Jaws was the father of it.

Martin Brody is the new police chief of Amity, an island resort town somewhere in New England. He has a wife named Ellen, and two sons named Michael and Sean. On a Summer morning, Brody is called to the beach, where the mangled body of Summer vacationer Chrissie Watkins has washed ashore. The medical examiner tells Brody that it could have been a shark that killed Watkins. Mayor Larry Vaughn, who is desperate to not lose the money that will be brought in by 4th of July tourists, wants Brody to say Watkins's death was caused by a motorboat propeller instead of a shark, because the thought of a shark in Amity's waters would drive tourists away from Amity. It looks like Vaughn is a mayor who puts money ahead of people's lives. Shark expert Matt Hooper believes Watkins was killed by a shark. Hooper is proven right a few days later, when Alex Kintner is killed by the shark that killed Watkins. Looking for the quickest solution, Vaughn tells all of the local fishermen to let him know if they see the shark. A shark hunter named Quint offers to find the shark and kill it, but Vaughn thinks Quint's price of $10,000 is too high. When a tiger shark is killed and hauled in by a couple of boaters, Vaughn hastily says that the shark crisis is over, but Hooper says the shark that's been killing people a huge great white shark is still in Amity's waters, but Vaughn leaves the beaches opened because all he cares about is the 4th of July tourist money. On the 4th of July, Vaughn encourages people to swim at the beach, and Hooper is proven right again when the shark kills a man, biting the man's leg off. Michael, who was in the water at the time of the attack, is taken to the hospital, where he's treated for shock after watching the shark kill the guy. Brody asks Vaughn to hire Quint to find the shark. Because his own kids were at that beach too, Vaughn agrees to hire Quint to find the shark. Quint, Hooper, and Brody are sent out to sea in Quint's boat, the Orca, ready to do whatever it takes to find the shark.

This film is a cinematic classic. The theme from John Williams is one of the most infamous themes in all of cinema. Only two rythams are needed to create the classic theme. John Williams is just quite simply one of the greatest if not the greatest film composers ever lived.

The acting is incredible. The standout for me was Robert Shaw as Quint. he brings so much character to that role and he is the most interesting out of the three. His story of The Indianapollis is just bone chilling and opens up Prequel Possibilites. Although i would only like to see it if directed by someone that knows how to direct good chillers. Other acting that is great is Richard Dreyfuss as The Ocean Expert and Murray Hamilton as the money greedy Mayor. Roy Scheider is also very good in this as Chief Brody who has to struggle to keep the town falling to peices.

One of the most memorable things about the film is the fact that the shark isn`t seen through most of the movie. It helps create suspence throughout the film until we see it for the first time and are swept out of our seats (plus the shark didn`t work). I truely do love the shark. It just never stops. It will keep going and going and going until its too fat to
swim.

Overall its a classic film and gave birth to blockbusters. I truely bless you Peter Blenchy for writing a spectacular novel and Speilberg for directing it.

Rating - 100% - A+

MovieMad16 11-17-10 04:57 PM

http://i.bnet.com/blogs/night-of-the...c10080079.jpeg
Connor Macgregor (On Vacation) Reviews...Night Of The Living Dead

Apparantly this is one of the films that changed the face of horror...hmmm well for me i thought slightly differently on that.

Chaos descends upon the world as the brains of the recently deceased become inexplicably reanimated, causing the dead to rise and feed on human flesh. Speculation rests on a radiation-covered NASA satellite returning from Venus, but it only remains a speculation. Anyone who dies during the crisis of causes unrelated to brain trauma will return as a flesh-eating zombie, including anyone who has been bitten by a zombie. The only way to destroy the zombies is to destroy the brain. As the catastrophe unfolds, a young woman visiting her father's grave takes refuge in a nearby farmhouse, where she is met by a man who protects her and barricades them inside. They both later discover people hiding in the basement, and they each attempt to cope with the situation. Their only hope rests on getting some gasoline from a nearby pump into a truck that is running on empty, but this requires braving the hordes of ravenous walking corpses outside. When they finally put their plans into action, panic and personal tensions only add to the terror as they try to survive.

I don`t love this film, but i did enjoy it. Why its good is because it is not just a zombie movie, its a movie about survival in the worse case scenario. The characters can not get along and end up argueing and backstabbing each other for their own personal goals. Duane Jones who plays Ben really carries the whole film and is the star of the show. He is doing all the work and fighting to survive the evil that lurks outside the house. Some of the other cast including Judith O Dea who plays Barbara who spends most of the film shocked that someone tried to kill her. Still a great performance though. One last mention will be to Kyra Schon who plays the girl Karen Cooper who when zombified has one of the most creeepiest looks in a film. Seriously watch that film and see that face and tell me that isn`t scary or creepy at all.

Overall its not a classic film but it is a good film. With powerful acting and a haunting story, Night Of The Living Dead doesn`t dissapoint.

Rating - 71% - B+

MovieMad16 11-17-10 04:59 PM

Connor Macgregor (On Vacation) Reviews...Toy Story 3

Today i am about to complete a series of reviews and then you will know that Toy Story is the greatest trilogy of all time.

Andy is now 17 and ready to head off to college, leaving Woody, Buzz, Jessie, and the rest of the toy-box gang to ponder their uncertain futures. When the toys are accidentally donated to the Sunnyside Daycare center they're initially overjoyed to once again be played with, but their enthusiasm quickly gives way to horror as they discover the true nature of the establishment under the rule of the deceptively welcoming "Lotso" Bear. Now, all of the toys must band together in one final, crazy scheme to escape their confines and return home to Andy.

The Toy Story Trilogy is very special to me and certainly to many other people around the world. The first Toy Story is a classic but The Second Toy Story is almost a masterpiece. But this film IS a masterpiece. The story is sad yet poignant. It tells us what we all know. Kids will grow out of toys and this film shows us what the toy`s greatest fears are. The story is so amazing and lures you in within the first few minutes. Like Toy Story 2 it starts off with this little fantasy in which Andy is playing with his toys. Like The Godfather, Toy Story centers around The character of Woody and his relationship with Andy and how important it is to him. After seeing this film I felt it was complete and that the story is complete.

I hear horrid rumours of a Toy Story 4 and for that i say NO THANK YOU.

The Ending was quite possibly one of the saddest endings ever in cinema. It was the first time i cried at a film. I AM SERIOUS. I never cried at a film until TS3. Its such a sad yet imminant moment in which Andy must pass his toys on to a new generation. The character Bonnie looks more fun than Andy was but i would like their relationship with Bonnie & The Toys to remain a mystery. Maybe they got on more than Andy. Oh and of course i must talk about Buzz & Jesse. I was a giggly little twilight fan when they held hands at the end. Its so right they should be together. Why I HAVE NO CLUE THEY JUST SHOULD! Shame that Woody & Bo never had a happy ending but i guess Woody`s true love was always Andy.

Overall Fantastic Film that makes The Toy Story Trilogy the Greatest Trilogy Of All Time. better Than Godfather (Although GF is still greatest film of all time) , Better Than The Colours Trilogy and The Dollars Trilogy. SEE THIS FILM RIGHT NOW!

Rating - 100% - A+

nebbit 11-17-10 06:33 PM

Some like it Hot Is one of my favourites :yup: glad you liked it :)

MovieMad16 11-17-10 08:20 PM

its a classic, who cant like it.

MovieMad16 11-17-10 08:30 PM

http://bostonist.com/attachments/elk...rs-Posters.jpg

Connor Macgregor (On Vacation) Reviews ... A Fistful Of Dollars

Now i am going to review another classic trilogy. This time i am throwing on my hat , puffing my cigar , jumping my horse as i enter the world of the western as I review A Fistful Of Dollars. The First Of The Dollars Trilogy.

A drifter gunman arrives in the Mexican village of San Miguel at the border of United States of America, and befriends the owner of the local bar Silvanito. The stranger discovers that the town is dominated by two gangster lords: John Baxter and the cruel Ramón Rojo. When the stranger kills four men of the Baxter's gang, he is hired by Ramón's brother Esteban Rojo to join their gang. However, the stranger decides to work for both sides, playing one side off against the other.

This film is a classic. Clint Eastwood is just amazing in this role. This role is filled with mystery throughout the whole film and all we know is that he has come to help this city at civil war. Eastwood steals the show from the start. He is so mysterious and also so cool. The story is so brilliant. Two selfish groups of gunman who want full control of their town. And only The Man With No Name can resolve it...and he chooses to do it the hard way.

Other great actors in this film are Jose Calvo as Silvanito who reminds me a lot of Jon Pertwee in a way. But never the less he is excellent in the role. I also love the evil brothers in the film. They are just so down right evil including Ramon played by Gian Maria Volonte. He has some sort of evil in his performance which makes the film work.

Overall , The first film is a western classic. Eastwood`s performance changed the western genre overnight and cemented himself in film history.

Rating - 86% - A-

MovieMad16 11-17-10 08:32 PM

http://dev.wavemaker.com/forums/files/fewdollars.jpg

Connor Macgregor (On Vacation) Reviews...For A Few Dollars More

Just when i thought The First Dollars Film changed Western Genre...Out Comes For A Few Dollars More.

Monco is a bounty killer chasing El Indio and his gang. During his hunting, he meets Col. Douglas Mortimer, another bounty killer, and they decide to make a partnership, chase the bad guys together and split the reward. During their enterprise, there will be lots of bullets and funny situations. In the end, one of the bounty hunters shows the real intention of his hunting.

This film exceeds where Fistful Of Dollars started. The story goes beyond the town and into the unknown world of the western. Clint Eastwood once again shows how cool The Man With No Name is. All he cares about his money and will do anything to get it , even kill innocent lives. Another performance i have to mention is Lee Van Cleef who plays Douglas Mortimer. Its a great role to match with Eastwood`s Man With No Name. These two have great chemistry in the film right until the climax which is one of the best endings to a film ever.

The story is a great western story. Two Bounty Hunters after the same guy and its a race to see who can get to him first. The acting is marvellous in the film and the directing by Sergio Leone is remarkable.

Overall better than the first but do not need to see the first to enjoy it. But please see the first,this one and the third and possibly greatest western ever made.

Rating - 89% - A-

MovieMad16 11-17-10 08:33 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_7KVYiy-a6V...rminator-3.jpg

Connor Macgregor (On Vacation) Reviews...Terminator 3 : Rise Of The Machines

The First 2 Terminator Films are classic in the Sci Fi Genre....But What About The Third ?

More than 10 years after 'Terminator 2', John Connor now exists only as a drifter - living 'off the grid', so no more Terminators from the future can hunt him down. Unfortunately, SkyNet does send another one back - and this one is called the T-X, even more powerful & advanced than the dreaded T-1000. However, another CSM-101 Terminator is also sent back to protect John against the T-X. Now, Skynet is patiently assuming control of civilian computer systems, under the guise of a computer virus. John has also met his future wife, Kate Brewster, whose father - a U.S. Air Force General - is in charge of the military computer systems & is leery of up linking SkyNet. However, when the SkyNet virus infects the U.S military computers & leaves the country open to attack, the machines begin their horrific takeover. Soon a nuclear war will result - and the war against the machines will begin. Can the outdated CSM-101 Terminator eliminate the highly advanced T-X - or will a darker future await man following the nuclear attack?

I will admit that T3 isn`t as good as T1 & T2. But this is still a great movie. The plot is perfectly fine and there are no plot holes or missing links from the first two Terminator Films. Some people could consider this film Non Canon and that is fine but for me its apart of The Terminator Series despite the fact Cameron was never involved.

Arnie still has it and while this Terminator shows a lot more emotional sides than he did to 1 & 2 , Arnie still pulls off action really well. I guess he wanted to return to Terminator before retiring to Politics as this was the franchise that made his name. Also i must give credit to Nick Stahl for not letting The John Connor Character be a two dimensional character. He gives a convincing performance of someone who doesn`t want to be a hero and just wants to be left alone. Clare Danes also gives a great performance as Kate Brewster, someone leading a normal life until all of a sudden she is thrown into this battle for survial that leads into a dark and terrfying future.

Overall , its a good film but not on par with 1 Or 2. See it just for the sake of seeing it.

Rating - 70% - B

MovieMad16 11-17-10 08:35 PM

http://www.dvdnear.com/images/The-Ma...00ARXF96-L.jpg
Connor Macgregor (On Vacation) Reviews...The Mask Of Zorro

I saw this when i was a child...and loved every single minute of it.

In early 19th century California the masked swordsman hero Zorro was a champion of the people against the tyranny of Spanish rule, represented by the ruthless Governor Montero. Unfortunately, on the eve of his greatest triumph, the liberation of California, Montero learns of Zorro's secret identity as Don Diego de la Vega and attacks the rebel in his home leaving him imprisoned, his wife dead and his daughter abducted to be claimed as the child of Montero. Twenty years pass, and Montero returns to California intent on a foul plan to bring it under his total control. Upon learning of his return, Don Diego escapes from his long imprisonment and prepares for his revenge. Part of it involves the training of an orphan who helped him as a boy to become his successor. Together, the two must prepare to do battle with Montero and his American henchman to save California and reunite with Diego's lost daughter. So once again, the enemies of freedom and justice in California must fear of the man who leaves the mark of the Z.

For starters , I love the action in this film. Its not CGI by any means. Its done with stuntmen , real explosions and it feels like its been done with everyone doing their best work. Martin Campbell`s direction is great in all his films as he captures the 1800 feel and the characters emotions in the story.

The story is a great one. Its about two man`s personal revenge against people that took something that was so valuable from them and instead of being bloodthirsty killers , they train and ressurect the one hero that kills but kills for the right reasons...Zorro.

Anthony Hopkins is the clear standout in the film. A man that has lost everything but will do anything to get revenge on the person that took everything away from him. Then there is Antonio Banderas who is also amazing in this film. He suits The Zorro Costume perfectly and clearly deserves to cut The Z mark as the legendary hero.

I will give a shout out to two other people. Catherine Zeta Jones and Stuart Wilson who play Elena And Rafael Montero , two excellent characters especially Stuart Wilson`s character Rafael. But in my opinion , one of my favourite villians ever is Cpt Harrison Love played by Matt Letscher who is just fantastic at potraying the most evil character i have seen reviewing these films. He would be in my top 10 List of Favourite Villians.

Overall , A must see and recommended by any Zorro fan because i liked it and i am sure others will too. Plus its a special film to me because it was one of the first films i ever saw.

Rating - 96% - A

MovieMad16 11-17-10 08:38 PM

http://uraniumcafe-the.com/wp-conten...dbadugly11.jpg

Connor Macgregor (On Vacation) Reviews...The Good,The Bad & The Ugly

"WAAAAAAAAAA...WA..WA.WA" The Infamous Western Cry that made the genre what it is today. This Is without a doubt The Greatest Western Film And One Of The Greatest Trilogies Of All Time.

Blondie (The Good) is a professional gunslinger who is out trying to earn a few dollars. Angel Eyes (The Bad) is a hit man who always commits to a task and sees it through, as long as he is payed to do so. And Tuco (The Ugly) is a wanted outlaw trying to take care of his own hide. Tuco and Blondie share a partnership together making money off Tuco's bounty, but when Blondie unties the partnership, Tuco tries to hunt down Blondie. When Blondie and Tuco comes across a horse carriage loaded with dead bodies, they soon learn from the only survivor (Bill Carson) that he and a few other men have buried a stash of gold in a cemetery. Unfortunately Carson dies and Tuco only finds out the name of the cemetery, while Blondie finds out the name on the grave. Now the two must keep each other alive in order to find the gold. Angel Eyes (who had been looking for Bill Carson) discovers that Tuco and Blondie meet with Carson and knows they know the location of the gold. All he needs is for the two to lead him to it. Now The Good, The Bad and The Ugly must all battle it out to get their hands on $200,000 worth of gold.

After seeing this film , I was stunned. Eastwood is GOD. Eastwood represents Cool like no other man or actor ever will. The Man With No Name is quite possibly the greatest character ever created in motion picuture history and i will not deny it. His sheer awesomeness and coolness when he holds the gun and the look of him. The Hat is just perfect Western Hat. The beard and facial hair is also great. He looks the part , he talks the part and deserves all the acclaim he will get while living and when dead. The Character is truely timeless.

I didn`t know that Lee Van Cleef was back in this film. I honestly thought it was a different actor playing the part. Never the less he is great as always. Another role which i thought was fantastic was Eli Wallach who played Tuco. At one point you hate his guts so much and another you love him too much. I won`t say what happens or why he is so hated and liked at the same time , but he is a truely memorable character.

Overall , Best Western ever made. Without A Doubt. See It and The Dollars Trilogy. They are all Masterpieces in different ways.

Rating - 99% - A

MovieMad16 11-17-10 08:39 PM

http://www.filmofilia.com/wp-content...day_poster.jpg
Connor Macgregor Reviews...Knight & Day

One of the films i was most excited to see this summer...yeah i have just seen it....and it dissapointed me.

June Havens finds her everyday life tangled with that of a secret agent who has realized he isn't supposed to survive his latest mission. As their campaign to stay alive stretches across the globe, they soon learn that all they can count on is each other.

I saw this film with a friend and i think he enjoyed it more than I did. My dad also saw it himself and say he really enjoyed it. Me on the other hand , I wasn`t as thrilled. its a good summer film but that is pretty much it. Nothing stands out , Nothing extraordinary happens and no thrilling performances to show. Cruise`s character is very funny though when he seems very crazy but its the people around him that are the real sinister people.

The plot is very basic. Girl meets Spy and falls into his world. I like how a battery is what everyone is after and Cruise is the fugitive. Diaz is great at first potraying the damsel in distress and then playing the unsung hero.
Some things i didn`t like. The shaky cam in action sequences got on my nerves a lot and CGI Bulls were very obvious.

Overall its a good action movie that gives us the comedic value of Cruise and the hotness of Diaz. But nothing stands out what i wanted to. I wanted more and sadly never got more.

Rating - 64% - B

MovieMad16 11-17-10 08:41 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_pQuWE5_R7s...TBI_poster.jpg
Connor Macgregor (On Vacation) Reviews...The Bourne Identity

I review a trilogy critics either love or detest...The Bourne Trilogy.

On a stormy night, a young man is pulled out of the Mediterranean Sea by the crew of a fishing boat. Thinking the young man is dead, a curious fisherman with a scalpel finds two bullets in his back and a miniature laser device in his hip. The laser reveals a Swiss bank account number. But our wet hero isn't dead, and soon finds himself in Zurich. In the bank vault the young man discovers his name, Jason Bourne. In addition, he finds a baffling pile of different passports, all with his picture, and a huge pile of cash. In the U.S. Embassy, Jason Bourne discovers his love interest and travel partner, Marie, along with the fact that someone wants to kill him. Armed with a bag of money and mysterious martial arts skills, with Marie by his side, Bourne scours Paris for clues about his identity and past life... and finds himself in the middle of two assassination plots masterminded by the CIA.

This is a very good action film. Action Films to me are quite difficult to review because some films may have too much action , yet some have too little action. Bourne has that length of action people could tollerate. I do love the plot in this film. You are Jason Bourne. You are trying to figure out the story and why these people want Bourne dead.

Matt Damon`s performance is good but not magnificent. In fact there aren`t that many standout performances in this film. Brian Cox is his great self as usual , but not many new talent is introduced here.

Overall its a great action film with good car chases,explosions and fight scenes. Do look for it.

Rating - 73% - B+

MovieMad16 11-17-10 08:43 PM

http://www.traileraddict.com/content...es/bourne2.jpg

Connor Macgregor (On Vacation) Reviews...The Bourne Supremacy

I reviewed Bourne 1...Now its time for Bourne 2.

Two years ago, Jason Bourne thought he had walked away from his past. But now the past catches up to Jason Bourne when the CIA threatens to ruin his new life. Bourne and Marie have maintained their anonymous, underground existence at the cost of permanence. Fueled by splintered nightmares and haunted by the past he cannot remember, Bourne moves Marie from city to city, trying to remain one step ahead of the threat implicit in every unexplained stranger's glance, every "wrong number" phone call--that at any second, without any warning, he might get pulled back into the world he hopes he left behind.

Now the first Bourne film was great fun , sadly this one is more of a headache and in the end , you feel very woozy due to all the action you have seen. there are too much action scenes and less scenes that focus on the story.

Matt Damon once again gives a great performance as Jason Bourne, but i feel his performance is downplayed in this one. Brian Cox isn`t as good as he was in Bourne 1. I don`t know why but he just doesn`t give it his all like in other films like Troy , X2 and the first Bourne film.

The Directing is average but not something to shout about. Greengrass may be considered by others as a great action director , but in this he comes across as a nervous amateur doing his debut film. It just feels very average and not very special.

So Overall , Not a great sequel , just a solid sequel in terms of action and story. Watch it just to follow the trilogy , but to me its the weakest.

Rating - 61% - B

MovieMad16 11-17-10 08:44 PM

http://www.traileraddict.com/content...s/catsdogs.jpg
Connor Macgregor (On Vacation) Reviews...Cats & Dogs

With the release of the sequel (which i haven`t seen) i feel i should review the original Cats & Dogs and give you my very well thought out thoughts.

Cats and dogs, known to mankind only as cuddly pets and man's best friend, have engaged in a fierce and merciless battle: Mr. Tinkles, a ruthless cat, is plotting intensively to achieve nothing less than world domination. His main target is Professor Brody, who is working on a medicine to rid people from dog hair allergies. Yet Mr. Tinkles strives to get to the substance, analyze it and then have it turned into a means of rendering all humans of the world aggressively allergic to any kind of dog. Cats would rule, as dogs would then be exterminated. But Mr. Tinkles did not bother to waste any thoughts on little Lou, the Brody family's new puppy, who never before has heard of dog agents and the major protective mission they fulfill towards the unsuspecting Brody family. Together with Butch and a few other dog agents from the neighbourhood, Lou desperately tries to hinder Mr. Tinkles in his sinister plans to take over the world.

Despite the fact this film is cliche and unoriginal , its still a damn great film. The whole war between Cats & Dogs just makes me snigger every time. Alec Baldwin`s voice performance totally fits the part of Butch , the veteran dog agent who has to protect the lab that Jeff Goldblum`s character is doing his research on. Toby McGuire does the voice of Lou , the puppy dog who was looking for adventure and ends up getting adventure when he discovers the world of spies.

To me however , the true best performance is Sean Hayes doing the voice of Mr Tinkles. Quite possibly one of the funniest voice performances i have ever heard of in all the films i have watched. The character is unoriginal , but Sean Hayes makes it original with the great voice work and comedic value that he gives to Mr Tinkles. I also love the spanish maid who makes Mr Tinkles do all these humiliating things (Mostly wear these awful designed dresses). Never the less Sean Hayes makes Mr Tinkles and original and funny character.

Overall a great underrated kids movie that deserves you and your kid`s attention. Check it out.

Rating - 73% - B+

MovieMad16 11-17-10 08:46 PM

http://www.movieposter.com/posters/a...n/24/MPW-12114
Connor Macgregor (On Vacation) Reviews...Pretty Woman

Finally i have seen a smart , funny romantic comedy that made me actually like characters and enjoy the story.

Vivian Ward has found a way of living by working as a prostitute on Hollywood Boulevard. When she runs into the prince of her dreams, who comes along on his wild horse, she first does not recognize him as her saviour. The prince, a ruthless and wealthy businessman by the name of Edward Lewis, does not know that she could be more than just a girl from the sidewalk, but he changes his decision after the first night with the beautiful stranger. Her being the first person in a long time who could surprise him, Edward can slowly feel the light at the end of the tunnel. He is on his way to become a better person, whereas Vivian has got a new chance to start over again.

Boy how i enjoyed watching this film. The chemistry between Richard Gere and Julia Roberts is just comedic gold. Gere`s character obviously has demons and Julia Robert`s character is a hooker who is just trying to survive the big city. When these two characters who are so different but yet similar meet each other , it is instant chemistry. Richard Gere is a likeable character who just wants to help this woman and stop her from being a hooker and make her a more respectable person. I don`t know if Julia Roberts is miserable but she does enjoy the rich lifestyle which makes her a different person , Physically and Emotionally.

The story is great. Its about two different characters who change each other in different ways. Richard Gere changes Julia Robert`s appearance to be a more respectable citizen. Julia changes how Richard should have more fun instead of working all the time. Jason Alexander who plays the lawyer is great at being likeable and unlikeable at the same time. I think this guy is terribly underrated.

Overall i do like this movie more than i thought i would. Go check it out and in my opinion so far , its the best romantic comedy movie i have seen...but i am bound to see better in the future.

Rating - 85% - A-

MadMikeyD 11-17-10 08:48 PM

Indeed, the Toy Story saga is complete and should remain as it is. Three excellent movies telling one complete story. A fourth movie would ruin it. The rumors I've heard say Pixar realizes that and will not produce a fourth feature. They are not ruling out future shorts, however, featuring the, probably make-believe, adventures of the toys. Those I could live with. Good reviews on the Pixar films. If you haven't seen Up, I recommend that one also. Heck, I recommend all of them.