Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Upcoming Movies & Sequels (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   No Time to Die (James Bond 25) (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=53412)

The Rodent 03-16-18 07:28 AM

No Time to Die (James Bond 25)
 
After a few rumours and stuff, and whether or not Craig would return...


This will be Daniel Craig's last outing as Bond.


And, after rumours of who would director... at one point Denis Villeneuve was offered the job... it's been revealed that Danny Boyle has written a complete script, and will be directing too.


Naomie Harris is expected to return as Moneypenny, and Ben Wishaw is expected to return as Q.
Rory Kinnear is rumoured to return as Bill Tanner.


Release date is pencilled as November 2019.

rambond 03-16-18 07:35 AM

Re: James Bond 25 (2019)
 
been waiting for more news on this, i do hope this film carries over nicely and better than spectre, i would like a story named: the hildebrand rarity, such mystique about the name.

JCBaggins 03-20-18 02:45 AM

Re: James Bond 25 (2019)
 
I'll have to get caught up. I've still only seen Skyfall at this point.

dadgumblah 03-20-18 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by JCBaggins (Post 1880857)
I'll have to get caught up. I've still only seen Skyfall at this point.
I need to watch Spectre as it's the only Bond I haven't seen so far.

MoreOrLess 03-20-18 06:33 AM

Re: James Bond 25 (2019)
 
Its not that bad, more than the individual parts don't really come together as well as SKyfall I'd say.

rambond 08-21-18 03:33 PM

Re: James Bond 25 (2019)
 
Danny boyle is no longer directing...

SeeingisBelieving 08-21-18 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by rambond (Post 1939450)
Danny boyle is no longer directing...
Just read this myself. Creative differences.

Swan 08-21-18 04:55 PM

Re: James Bond 25 (2019)
 
I was never opposed to the idea because I like weird collabs like that, Boyle seemed like a unique choice. That said I could never really envision a Boyle-directed Bond flick.

Saunch 08-21-18 05:00 PM

Re: James Bond 25 (2019)
 
Martin Campbell can’t be busy.

Larry 08-21-18 07:19 PM

Re: James Bond 25 (2019)
 
Originally Posted by SeeingisBelieving (Post 1939454)
Originally Posted by rambond (Post 1939450)
Danny boyle is no longer directing...
Just read this myself. Creative differences.
That’s not good. That’s sounds like studio control issues stifling creativity. It showed in the very poor spectre and the Star Wars movies...very disappointing.

Iroquois 08-22-18 01:15 AM

Re: James Bond 25 (2019)
 
It's not surprising, though. Bond has always been a producer-driven franchise where the directors have been hired guns more than anything else - up until GoldenEye there were only a handful of directors (one of whom started out as an editor on earlier Bonds) and even when the directors started to diversify from GoldenEye onwards they still functioned mainly as journeymen (best demonstrated by how a literal Oscar-winner like Mendes can still end up doing Spectre). As such, I never really had high hopes for Boyle making it work, especially not when I factor in how I don't particularly like most of what I've seen from him anyway.

SeeingisBelieving 08-22-18 08:51 AM

I had to laugh yesterday. Along with the abundant typos we usually see on BBC News, they were reporting this story and made a truly ridiculous gaffe. Under the heading telling us that Boyle had pulled out of the film it said that he'd previously directed 4 Bond films including Spectre.

Saunch 08-22-18 10:47 PM

The Telegraph reports that the “creative differences” came down to the film’s villain, namely his characterization and casting. It had been previously reported that Boyle wanted the villain to be a Russian and to have the film’s plot tackle the real world’s current political, uh, tension. The producers weren’t all too happy about this, nor with his choice of Polish actor Tomasz Kot whom he saw as a “left field” decision.

Craig apparently has the power of veto regarding the casting and couldn’t come to an agreement with Boyle.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...d=tmg_share_em

The guy:

https://i.imgur.com/vbcErUW.jpg

SeeingisBelieving 08-23-18 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Saunch (Post 1940323)
The Telegraph reports that the “creative differences” came down to the film’s villain, namely his characterization and casting. It had been previously reported that Boyle wanted the villain to be a Russian and to have the film’s plot tackle the real world’s current political, uh, tension. The producers weren’t all too happy about this, nor with his choice of Polish actor Tomasz Kot whom he saw as a “left field” decision.

Craig apparently has the power of veto regarding the casting and couldn’t come to an agreement with Boyle.

Well if they can't agree on something like that it's a poor do.

gandalf26 08-23-18 11:22 AM

Re: James Bond 25 (2019)
 
Craig has the power of what?? So he has final say on the cast? Must be quite ridiculous to try and direct a huge production like Bond and have this kind of interference from an actor.

That being said I don't think we know the full story yet, might well be Boyle causing trouble.

Saunch 08-23-18 11:30 AM

According to that article, and I’d heard this before, he had a say in the casting of each film’s Bond girl and, now, I guess the villains as well. Supposedly, he made the final decision to cast Eva Green in Casino Royals way back.

SeeingisBelieving 08-23-18 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Saunch (Post 1940460)
According to that article, and I’d heard this before, he had a say in the casting of each film’s Bond girl and, now, I guess the villains as well. Supposedly, he made the final decision to cast Eva Green in Casino Royals way back.
His having input on the casting makes sense. I mean if there's no chemistry or basic compatibility there it would be a big problem. The only female character I've disliked has been Naomie Harris' Moneypenny but she works well with Craig's Bond.

Nausicaä 08-23-18 07:02 PM

Re: James Bond 25 (2019)
 
Well if that's the case, Daniel Craig has made some rather good decisions with the casting going by the films so far.

Larry 08-24-18 01:31 AM

Re: James Bond 25 (2019)
 
Wow it’s interesting to hear the power play behind the scenes. I remember hearing something about the actors in the fast and the furious and how some of their contracts wouldn’t allow for them to lose fights. Sounds very difficult to ‘play creatively’ if this is the case.

SeeingisBelieving 08-24-18 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Nausicaä (Post 1940718)
Well if that's the case, Daniel Craig has made some rather good decisions with the casting going by the films so far.
Yeah but did he come up with the idea? Monica Bellucci for instance seemed to have been someone else's suggestion and his response — like any sane man's would have been — was of course, why hasn't she been in one yet :)?


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 02:44 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright, ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © Movie Forums