Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   The Television & Music Forum (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Community (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=21266)

TheUsualSuspect 11-26-09 03:48 AM

Community

If there is a show to watch on tv, this is it.

I'm no sure how many fans this has because I never hear anyone talk about it, but I just caught up with the episodes so far and it is probably the funniest (save Sunny in Philly) thing on TV right now.

For those not familiar, it's about a lawyer who has to go to community college to earn his degree because he got his in another country. It stars Jeff McHale, from the Soup show thing. Donald Glover, for those familiar with Derrick's comedy and the one and only Chevy Chase (don't let that run you away)

I say give this show a chance, it's got my recommendation.

Any fans?

Holden Pike 11-26-09 09:37 AM

Re: Community

Yeah, it's a very good show, like it a lot. But I don't know how much help it needs, being sandwiched into NBC's best night with "The Office", "30 Rock" and "Parks and Recreation" - and "Community" is getting better and better every episode, as is "Parks and Rec".

The show I love that truly "nobody" is talking about is "Better Off Ted" on ABC. Great stuff.

TheUsualSuspect 05-08-10 03:42 AM

The latest episode Modern Warfare was hilarious and is my favourite episode so far. It nailed every action spoof perfectly.

Jammo 06-06-10 12:12 PM

Yeah, I very much enjoy it... the dialogue is great and really funny, I honestly didn't expect much of it, but so far it has been awesome.

TheUsualSuspect 10-28-10 10:22 PM

Tonight's Halloween episode was epic. The zombie outbreak and references were all dead on tonight. My second favourite episode so far.

More people need to watch this show.

Mofo's I'm reaching out to you.

genesis_pig 10-28-10 10:26 PM

Ohh, I love this show..

I have yet to complete season 1, halfway through it.

Iroquois 10-28-10 10:38 PM

Damn country can't get the second season fast enough. Easily my favourite show on television at the moment (except maybe South Park - even I haven't seen any episodes from the last season or two).

genesis_pig 10-28-10 11:48 PM

South Park is something else... It's probably the only thing in this world that makes me laugh so hard..

So, if I ever die laughing it would be while watching South Park.

TheUsualSuspect 11-14-11 07:50 PM

Bad news for Community fans, NBC doesn't have it on their mid-season schedule.

wintertriangles 11-14-11 07:56 PM

...why not?

Yoda 11-14-11 07:57 PM

Terrible ratings.

Early word is that this isn't a cancellation, though.

Fiscal 11-14-11 08:44 PM

Terrible ratings?! :(

I just finished the first season and I absolutely love it. Does the quality decline, or what?

wintertriangles 11-14-11 09:04 PM

The 3rd season is pretty inaccessible for a mainstream audience but I love it. No the quality does not diminish, the style just changes, which is more than literally any show can say for itself.

downthesun 11-15-11 02:13 PM

A highly underrated show, I've not watched it in it's entirty but always enjoy episodes when I catch them on TV. If you guys are fans of South Park and Always Sunny, I'd suggest The League, I've recommended it to a few people all have become big fans

TheUsualSuspect 03-04-12 04:56 AM

March 15th, it comes back.

Late news for sure, but people need to watch!!!!

wintertriangles 05-23-12 12:48 AM

Renewed for a 4th, but Dan Harmon was apparently fired? NBC is clearly stupid. They can't expect rating jumps just by replacing him, they can only expect the current audience to dissipate if the quality is ruined because of their decision.

TheUsualSuspect 05-23-12 01:52 AM

Cut to 14 episodes.
Moved to Friday.
Plays after Whitney.
Fires Dan Harmon.

They are trying to kill it.

Powderfinger 05-23-12 02:02 AM

I've watched it a few times, though It wasn't my cup of tea.

genesis_pig 06-17-12 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by wintertriangles (Post 813596)
Renewed for a 4th, but Dan Harmon was apparently fired? NBC is clearly stupid. They can't expect rating jumps just by replacing him, they can only expect the current audience to dissipate if the quality is ruined because of their decision.
It did seem like Harmon knew he was not returning for another season.
He ended that last season as if it was the last episode, sort of like "show must go on" sort of way.

Now, I am guessing from next season onwards Community is going to be more about who ends up with whom, who gets his heart broken & all that jazz.

Just check their recent FB updates, most have been polls about who deserves whom.

Watch_Tower 08-16-12 03:23 PM

BUMP!!

Why does this not have a longer thread? This is the best comedy since the first two seasons of Office USA. 30 Rock and Always Sunny (which I stopped watching after 3 episodes of season 2) don't even come close. I'm gona try and catch up on Parks and Rec and Arrested Development, 2 much hyped American comedies. Community is just in a league of it's own but with the departure of Harmon I'm afraid that the much shorter season 4 will fall into the trap of most modern sitcoms, i.e. who falls in love with who. FFS!!!