Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   The Television & Music Forum (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Re-watching Burn Notice... again. (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=64491)

Tequila 08-04-21 03:59 PM

Re-watching Burn Notice... again.

This is without question my favourite show ever.

I came across it channel hopping way back in 2009. I noticed Bruce Campbell so decided to watch it, was hooked from then on.
I thought the writing was snappy and clever and it had a great cast, especially Jeffrey Donovan as the main character. The overall story arc was done very well and I liked that it showed bits of spy tradecraft (think MacGyver) to help the characters complete whatever problem they are facing.

Is anyone else a fan of this show?

Iroquois 08-04-21 04:05 PM

Re: Re-watching Burn Notice... again.

I've watched the entire series and liked it, but I don't think I'd ever go out of my way to rewatch any of it, much less all of it. Definitely worth watching for Campbell, at least.

GulfportDoc 08-06-21 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Tequila (Post 2226716)

I came across it channel hopping way back in 2009. I noticed Bruce Campbell so decided to watch it, was hooked from then on.
I thought the writing was snappy and clever and it had a great cast, especially Jeffrey Donovan as the main character. The overall story arc was done very well and I liked that it showed bits of spy tradecraft (think MacGyver) to help the characters complete whatever problem they are facing.
Sounds interesting. Will check it out. Cheers.

Miss Vicky 08-06-21 11:05 AM

I watched it pretty religiously for awhile (mainly because I'm a Bruce Campbell fan), but life got in the way and I don't think I ever finished it.

xSookieStackhouse 08-15-21 10:48 AM

i only watched few episodes of the show

re93animator 08-15-21 02:56 PM

I never got too into the show, but I loved The Fall of Sam Axe movie spin off. It seemed to be written more for Bruce fans than the Burn Notice crowd.

GulfportDoc 08-15-21 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Tequila (Post 2226716)

Is anyone else a fan of this show?
Yes, I like the show. My wife likes it more than I, but it's easy to engage with, and the actors do a first rate job.

The plot is plausible enough, given all the spy/deep state stuff we've been accustomed to for a couple of decades.

Jeffrey Donovan is a vaguely strange guy as an actor, so he fits the part well. Ironically he's also starring in a film in my watch list: Let Him Go (2020), with Kevin Costner, and Diane Lane, in which Donovan plays a completely different type of character.

He seems to shine in "smart-ass" roles, but he likely has a wider range than I would have thought.

We've only seen the first several episodes of the first season, so it's hard to tell where it will go. But it's nice to have a lengthy series to fall back on in between other series which come and go.